Lance Armstrong-An American Hero

Posted By: TrueBlueBanker

Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 04:51 AM

Lance has done it again. After battling cancer and everything else during his lifetime he has won a record 6th TourDeFrance. Does everyone agree that he is an American Hero?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 11:58 AM

Yes and one the best!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 12:02 PM

Our local paper had a editorial comic yesterday that showed Lance way ahead of a pack of bycylists. One of the t shirts on one of the riders read "too old" another read
"steroid scandals" and yet another read "Cancer"! He has defintely beaten the odds.
Posted By: 1 Peter 5:7

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 01:42 PM

No grander scene than Lance carrying the American flag in his victory ride down the Champs Elysses. Take that, France!
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 02:02 PM

Quote:

No grander scene than Lance carrying the American flag in his victory ride down the Champs Elysses. Take that, France!

I smiled myself when I saw that and only wished he could have worn a sign that said France is a country of cowards!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 03:34 PM

Does everyone agree that he is an American Hero?
A hero? No. What did he save us from? Is he a survivor and great athlete? Yes. I prefer to save "hero status" for true feats of heroism.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 04:31 PM

Quote:

A hero? No. What did he save us from? Is he a survivor and great athlete? Yes. I prefer to save "hero status" for true feats of heroism.

While I almost agree with you, the reason I believe he is a hero is because of the hope he gives those fighting cancer, and the hope he gives children suffering from Leukemia who in the past knew they were going to die. He has set an example of hope for all of them. It is possible to have cancer, and not only survive, but to become one of the top athletes in the world.

He is a hero because a positive attitude is a large part of the battle with cancer, and he is there, despite being a jerk in many ways, as a shining example of hope and progress in curing cancer.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 04:37 PM

I have to agree with Anon - I don't view him as a hero. That said, even though I don't particularly lump bicycling into the "sports" category, I should say I don't think I would ever consider any athlete a "hero" for his/her athletic achievements. Plus, I will open myself up to bashing with this, but the cynic in me believes that Mr. Armstrong has some scientific assistance in his triumphs.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 04:37 PM

Quote:

In today's world where kids look up to sports HEROS...Lance Armstrong is a True Blessing to us all! Some of the feats he has accomplished is truly heroic in my book!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 04:41 PM

Quote:

I have to agree with Anon - I don't view him as a hero. That said, even though I don't particularly lump bicycling into the "sports" category, I should say I don't think I would ever consider any athlete a "hero" for his/her athletic achievements. Plus, I will open myself up to bashing with this, but the cynic in me believes that Mr. Armstrong has some scientific assistance in his triumphs.

LET THE BASHING BEGIN! Scientific as in medical or scientific as in mechanical? I don't believe Lance would have won and qualified for 6 titles if he was on steroids amd I can believe anyone could believe that!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 04:46 PM

Bash away, but why would you put Lance and his 6 titles in any different category that a number of "great" athletes who have achieved success (and multiple successes) only to be later indicted on using steroids or similar banned substances?

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 04:48 PM

And by the way, I am not saying it is true that he has taken anything - I believe in innocent until proven gulity, but as I mentioned, this is the cynic in me writing, the same way I just know that someday they will tell us to pour gobs of butter on a potato to help reduce heart attack risk!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 04:52 PM

Regardless of the peripheral issues. The man is a great athlete, not a hero in my eyes. I tend to reserve the term hero for those that have done something heroic.

However, Merriam Webster seems to agree with the initial poster:

Main Entry: he·ro
Pronunciation: 'hir-(")O, 'hE-(")rO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural heroes
Etymology: Latin heros, from Greek hErOs
1 a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b : an illustrious warrior c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d : one that shows great courage
2 a : the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work
b : the central figure in an event, period, or movement
3 plural usually heros : SUBMARINE 2
4 : an object of extreme admiration and devotion : IDOL
Posted By: J2C

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 06:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with you.
Posted By: CUgirl

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 08:06 PM

I just got back from visiting relatives in Austin, TX where Lance is from. There are plenty of Texans that don't like him too much because of his committing adultery. Apparently, their marriage was front page paper quite alot.
I think he is a great athlete, but wouldn't call him a hero.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/26/04 08:09 PM

Speaking of heros, what about this group?

The end of the Civil War was near
When quite accidentally,
A hero who sneezed abruptly seized
Retreat and reversed it to victory.

His medal of honor pleased and thrilled
his proud little family group.
While pinning it on some blood was spilled
And so it was planned he'd command F Troop.

Where Indian fights are colorful sights
and nobody takes a lickin'
Where pale face and redskin
Both turn chicken.

When killing and fighting get them down,
They know their morale can't droop.
As long as they all relax in town
Before they resume with a bang and a boom
F Troop.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 02:17 AM

Quote:

I just got back from visiting relatives in Austin, TX where Lance is from. There are plenty of Texans that don't like him too much because of his committing adultery. Apparently, their marriage was front page paper quite alot.
I think he is a great athlete, but wouldn't call him a hero.

Ayup. Not a hero. A great biker but still.... a cheater.
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:00 AM

RANT WARNING! I suppose those of you who don't consider bicycling a "sport" do consider NASCAR a sport? Or golf? How about billiards and darts? Or is it only a sport if you have teams and keep score like in baseball and football? That would mean track and field, or any other physically demanding exercise, where one individual tries to be better than other individuals aren't sports either.

OK, rant over. Oops, maybe not. Here is a mini rant about us "ugly Americans" as many Europeans see us.

One newspaper article had a Frenchman complimenting Lance, saying, "At least he had the decency to learn French". I mean, we go over to other countries for long periods of time, we should learn their language. Don't we get mad at people who move here and don't bother to learn English? By learning French, Lance showed that not all Americans feel they are above it all.

OK, NOW rant's over!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 12:51 PM

Rant away Nanwa, and I assume that your first rant was kind of at me since I definitely implied I don't feel bicycling is a sport. Everything you listed is a sport I guess. We could go on and on about the definition of what a sport is. I was just talking about my perception of a sport - I have no problem with people thinking bicycling is a sport - I think poker is a sport. My problem is more with Lance Armstrong. And being entitled to my opinion, I just think he is a phony - I do believe he has taken some sort of steroid, etc. Unfounded? - Definitely, but it's just how I feel. I also don't feel that it is fair for those who put him on a hero pedestal to lump his survival of Cancer in the equation. Could he serve as an inspiration to those battling cancer - certainly. But so can legions of people who fight and survive everyday. Most of us have someone in our family or close to us who have either lost or won the fight. My mom and dad are survivors and I am happy as hell they won the battle but that does not define who they are to me. I guess what I am saying is that there are lousy people in the world who have fought and won that battle too. Good or lousy, I wish for anyone stricken with cancer to win the battle, but it won't be what I see when I judge someone.
Posted By: Pup

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 01:22 PM

Hero? Yes. Athlete? One of the greatest in the world today.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 01:26 PM

Disagree strongly on both counts Jeremy, but that's what makes America great.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:00 PM

Not since he left his wife who supported him thru his trials and tribulations and left her for Cheryl Crow.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:09 PM

Quote:

Disagree strongly on both counts Jeremy, but that's what makes America great.

Yeah, but you're a baseball fan, Dave!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:20 PM

This next statement will not make me too many friends:

The word hero, it's been said on this thread, should be reserved for those doing courageous things, putting their lives on the line, etc. Our soldiers and sailors in Iraq being the prime example, I can only assume. Having lived around the military for the last 7 years, and especially during wartime, I can attest that a very large percentage of these heroes have cheated or cheat constantly on their spouse. Does that mean that they are no longer heroes?

Lance Armstrong is a hero. He faced death and beat it. Not only did he beat it, but he got better and better even through the ordeal. Taking that away because of his infidelity issues is a stretch. Yeah, he may have made some mistakes in one area of his life, but he still did all that he did, regardless. I'd like to hear his side of the story regarding his personal life. Maybe his wife was cheating on him while he was in the middle of his ordeal. We don't know that. Maybe she's really a raging ******.

Dave, you're a baseball fan and you don't consider Lance Armstrong an athlete? I'll guarantee you that the majority of the baseball players out there will say that he's a superior athlete to them. The physical accomplishments that his body is capable of far outweigh the physical abilities of a baseball player.....or racecar driver.....or jockey.....even many football players, etc.

Yes, this is my opinion and it's subject to bashing. So, feel free. I can play 9 inning of baseball, but I'd be hard pressed to ride a bike in the mountains for a couple hours at any kind of pace resembling even the worst finisher in the Tour de France.
Posted By: redsfan

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:35 PM

Actually, Anon, she is the one who decided to end the marriage. She was not comfortable with the level of preparation and commitment it takes to be an elite athlete at that level. She thought he spent too much time in Europe training and preparing for the race.

Dave, I understand your concerns, but cannot disagree more. This guy has been tested, in competition and out, for the past 6 years. If he was cheating, he would surely have been caught by now.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:37 PM

No bashing from me! I could not have said it better myself!

Are you a UGA Bulldawg fan?
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:44 PM

Lance Armstrong is one of the greatest athletes. I would like to see some of those big football players (that are overpaid) try to ride a bike for any length of time. How you measure athleticism varies depending on the sport. Look at all the various activities that are called sports and have nothing to do with athletics. Pool, poker, archery, darts, etc.

As for being a hero...we have to define what we best describes a hero. He overcame near death cancer to become the great athlete he is. Much of what he has accomplished is heroic. As for his personal life, I don't believe he left his wife for Sheryl Crow, they parted for other reasons and he became involved with Sheryl Crow a little later.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:45 PM

Quote:

This next statement will not make me too many friends:

The word hero, it's been said on this thread, should be reserved for those doing courageous things, putting their lives on the line, etc. Our soldiers and sailors in Iraq being the prime example, I can only assume. Having lived around the military for the last 7 years, and especially during wartime, I can attest that a very large percentage of these heroes have cheated or cheat constantly on their spouse. Does that mean that they are no longer heroes?

Lance Armstrong is a hero. He faced death and beat it. Not only did he beat it, but he got better and better even through the ordeal. Taking that away because of his infidelity issues is a stretch. Yeah, he may have made some mistakes in one area of his life, but he still did all that he did, regardless. I'd like to hear his side of the story regarding his personal life. Maybe his wife was cheating on him while he was in the middle of his ordeal. We don't know that. Maybe she's really a raging ******.

Dave, you're a baseball fan and you don't consider Lance Armstrong an athlete? I'll guarantee you that the majority of the baseball players out there will say that he's a superior athlete to them. The physical accomplishments that his body is capable of far outweigh the physical abilities of a baseball player.....or racecar driver.....or jockey.....even many football players, etc.

Yes, this is my opinion and it's subject to bashing. So, feel free. I can play 9 inning of baseball, but I'd be hard pressed to ride a bike in the mountains for a couple hours at any kind of pace resembling even the worst finisher in the Tour de France.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:45 PM

Quote:

Nope....Go Sooners! But, I will say that I can appreciate UGA for giving the Broncos Terell Davis.
It's just a name. Sorry. DawgFan and SunDawg are UGA fans, I believe.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 03:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Nope....Go Sooners! But, I will say that I can appreciate UGA for giving the Broncos Terell Davis.
It's just a name. Sorry. DawgFan and SunDawg are UGA fans, I believe.

I knew it! That thread was much to elborate to come from a UGA Dawg fan. Are you ready for some football? I am die hard ShameCock fan myself!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero *DELETED* - 07/27/04 04:13 PM

Post deleted by Andy Z

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero *DELETED* - 07/27/04 04:16 PM

Post deleted by Andy Z
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero *DELETED* - 07/27/04 04:19 PM

Post deleted by Andy Z
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 04:26 PM

Wow, this has been an intersting discussion. I feel that Lance is an example to everyone on what hard work and committment can get you. He trains incessantly for the Tour de France, which is one of the complaints the European cycling fans have. He rides in few races outside of the TdF, while most of the participants are riding in almost every major Euro race. As far as benefitting from science, he sure has. His bike wieghs a mere 7 kilos, is made of alloys not used 20 years ago, he practices in a wind tunnel, has aerospace technology in his helmet, etc. But you know what, every team participating in the TdF has access to the same technology. Is Lance better than the other 4 riders that won 5 titles? Hard to say, as the equipment today is far different than that of 20 years ago, much less 50. I'd like to see Eddie Mercxx on Lance's bakie today, he may have won 10 tours.

That all being said, I believe Lance is both a hero and a shining example to cancer survivors everywhere. Off season, he raises over $10 million per year for cancer research. His Livestrong bracelets have already raised over $5 million this year (www.wearyellow.com). He has maintained his innocence on steroid use, and as much as he is tested, I have to believe he has never done it (hell, cold medicine with ephidrine shows up). Like he says in his commercial..."People ask me what I'm on. I'm on my bike. 8 hours a day, seven days a week."

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero *DELETED* - 07/27/04 04:57 PM

Post deleted by Andy Z

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 04:59 PM

I admit to being curious about one thing - for those of you who do feel that he is a hero (and I won't try to tell you you're wrong - that is how you feel so it can't be wrong), would or will your opinion change if he is found to have used illegal/banned substances like steroids?

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 05:05 PM

Quote:

will your opinion change if he is found to have used illegal/banned substances like steroids?

Absolutely. However, he has been repeatedly shown to NOT use such items. Ask the french all about how they wanted to keep him out of the race...
Posted By: NotALawyer

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 05:09 PM

Quote:

I admit to being curious about one thing - for those of you who do feel that he is a hero (and I won't try to tell you you're wrong - that is how you feel so it can't be wrong), would or will your opinion change if he is found to have used illegal/banned substances like steroids?

Absolutely. The only acceptable "performance enhancers" that are acceptable in my book are training and coaching.
Posted By: Tiger Fan

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 05:10 PM

CubDave, Do you think that Barry Bonds' accomplishments should be diminished because of his possible "enhancement" usage?? Especially since baseball does not have mandatory testing!!

Just wondering.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 05:18 PM

Yes - if it is found and proved that he used illegaly, yes! Whether it is diminished in the record books or official stats is not my call, but in my mind, it would be for sure, and that is just falling a little bit in this case, because I already think he is a pud - a great player, but a pud.
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 05:46 PM

Quote:

CubDave, Do you think that Barry Bonds' accomplishments should be diminished because of his possible "enhancement" usage?? Especially since baseball does not have mandatory testing!!

Just wondering.

The real question for CubDave is whether Sammy Sosa's PROVEN performance enhancement changed CubDave's opinion.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 05:48 PM

In that case, it didn't matter - have never cared much for Sosa anyway.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero *DELETED* - 07/27/04 06:02 PM

Post deleted by Andy Z

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero *DELETED* - 07/27/04 06:35 PM

Post deleted by Andy Z

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 06:47 PM

Quote:

Like it or not, when you make comments on a public forum and attach your company's name to it you are representing the view of your employer. It doesn't matter that you put a disclaimer that these are your opinions. (someone's) comments, whether positive or negative are a reflection of . If you are going to say it, be prepared to stand behind it.

As an anonymous poster myself (and one who takes much flak for it), I would like to say that this guy is an idiot, and his opinion is not representative of the opinions of anonymous posters.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 06:59 PM

Quote:

Like it or not, when you make comments on a public forum and attach your company's name to it you are representing the view of your employer.

There goes my theory that we're all adults here. Apparently there are some tattle-tale children in our midsts. Someone presents their opinion and you decide to write to their company president? You might as well tell your mommy to tell Fraud Dawg's mommy that he's misbehaving and needs to sit in time out.

I'm thankful I don't have to work for you, or had to serve in your unit. I imagine I would be too busy looking out for knives being plunged in my back to do the job I was supposed to do.

(Posted Anonymously so my company President doesn't get a letter of complaint).

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 07:04 PM

Fort Barry Bonds or Sammy Sosa to be considered a hero, they would have to do something other than hit a bunch of homeruns. Neither of these guys does anything other than play baseball. Steroid or performance enhancing drugs? They both took them. Neither is a hero in my book. Lance Armstrong does many things outside of cycling to help the cancer cause, as well as numerous causes in his adopted hometown of Austin. He has raised countless dollars and spent countless hours promoting these causes. These 2 baseball clowns spend countless hours promoting themselves.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 07:05 PM

Quote:

Either you know me and my bank personally or you have too much time on YOUR hands. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my superviser's, her superviser's and the CEO's names, email addresses and mailing address. I don't think that my job is at stake. But, thanks for your concern. If you're ever in Lawton and would like to stop by, we'll have lunch and you can tell me how horrible it is for me to have an opinion (an educated opinion) about infidelity in the military.

You wouldn't happen to be from Nigeria, would you?

Actually fraud, it only takes about 3 seconds to find out where you work... it's in your email silly man.

PS: I am not the anon, just wanted to make sure you didn't think he had a brain or anything.
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 07:13 PM

Quote:

For Barry Bonds or Sammy Sosa to be considered a hero, they would have to do something other than hit a bunch of homeruns. Neither of these guys does anything other than play baseball. Steroid or performance enhancing drugs? They both took them. Neither is a hero in my book.

Well, I know that Mr. Sosa has donated serious sums of money for causes in his native Dominican Republic. I cannot speak for Mr. Bonds.

What I can say is that no one I know of has provided any conclusive evidence that these individuals have used any prohibibted performance-enhancing substances, except for an illegal bat that was employed last season in at least one game by Mr. Sosa.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 07:24 PM

Lets play nice.

"Hero" is best defined by each of us individually. Many soldiers, fireman and policeman are seen as heroes but say they are just doing their jobs. Perhaps they're both right. The same may be said about athletes. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 07:47 PM

Quote:

Lets play nice.

"Hero" is best defined by each of us individually. Many soldiers, fireman and policeman are seen as heroes but say they are just doing their jobs. Perhaps they're both right. The same may be said about athletes. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Andy Z
As the original poster of this thread I am truly sorry to see it take a negative turn. I will be glad to withdraw it if neccesary. TrueBlueBanker

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 07:50 PM

Amen brother...
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 09:15 PM

As one with inside information on his non-public, personal life (no, I have not represented the Armstrongs), all I can say is it causes me to not label him a successful man or a hero. That aside, I applaud the accomplishments he has made for himself and the USA and hope that he was not doped.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 09:23 PM

Quote:

As one with inside information on his non-public, personal life (no, I have not represented the Armstrongs), all I can say is it causes me to not label him a successful man or a hero. That aside, I applaud the accomplishments he has made for himself and the USA and hope that he was not doped.

Come on Z...You can't give us a nibble and run away. Without breeching and confidentiality can you give us more info?

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/27/04 09:50 PM

If you dig deep enough, everyone has some skeleton in their closet that would keep someone from labeling them a hero. We are not questioning his personal, non-public life. The fact that you would make that statement would cause me to label you a non-hero...nothing but inuendo from your end. I knew him back when he was in high school (he was 2 years behind my sister) and I recall him as nothing but a class act from a single parent home who had a good head on his shoulders.

Of course, this is my opinion, and you have yours. And opinions are like....everyones elses stinks.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 03:26 PM

Hmmmm.....interesting, different perspectives on the same individual. Can anyone shed some more light on the true character of LA?

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 05:43 PM

I think his true character showed when, after setting a record in the L'Alp d'Huez time trial, and being spit on repeatedly by the French fans, was asked about the crowd and the behavior. His reply was "It was a very challenging ride. The fans being so close make it difficult to do well." Did he trash the French for spitting on him? No. Did he trash the nation of France for the action of its people? No. Did he trash the Tour de France, or anyone else? No. Never once did he mention being spit on. He answered the question with dignity and humility. I think that shows his true character right there.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 06:21 PM

Or that just means he has media savvy and good sense.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 07:25 PM

no, because if he had media savvy he would have played this up big time to his advantage. He displayed humility by doing this. In fact, he has never bragged on himself in an interview, even when on the eve of winning his 6th title and they asked if he had the race in the bag, he said no, he did not and that until he was on the podium he would not rest easy. Name me another sport figure that would be that humble. Shaq, Kobe, Michael Jordan, Serena or Venus, Barry or Sammy, Bret Favre? They aren't out there.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 07:55 PM

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 07:56 PM

Hey Cubby, I've made a vow to stay out of heated debates so how were you few days off last week? We missed you at Cleabatsu's.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 08:00 PM

Hey Pizza Girl - Definitely an opinionated thread, which is fine. Although I find it hard to disagree with someone with a Poster name of a great movie!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 08:03 PM

I agree, sent HG a PM telling him/her I loved the screen name because the movie rocks!

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/28/04 08:34 PM

I was wondering what that flashing envelope was...duh.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/29/04 12:46 AM

Thanx to Andy Z for deleting a few posts. They must have been nasty! This HAS been a heated debate, but we must keep things civil. Thanx again, Andy, for being the voice of reason!
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/29/04 12:52 AM

I am going to print your post and show it to my wife and teenage son.

Thx.
Posted By: TrueBlueBanker

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/29/04 01:53 AM

As a new poster I am truly amazed at the direction some threads take...it almost like they take on a life of their on. I think it good to have someone out there watching over it all.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/29/04 01:12 PM

Quote:

I was wondering what that flashing envelope was...duh.

LOL Happy! Does that mean you're all set with the private message function?

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/29/04 01:16 PM

good to go

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/29/04 02:04 PM

Lance is sure cashing in early. He already has deals worth $7 million.

I knew I never should have sold my Huffy.

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/29/04 08:04 PM

You've got to strike while the iron's hot! Oh, something like that....
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: Lance Armstrong-An American Hero - 07/30/04 07:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Come on Z...You can't give us a nibble and run away. Without breeching and confidentiality can you give us more info?

Hmmm...no, but thanks for asking. If you want a real hero from Austin--in real life as well as athletically, check out my friend Josh Davis (my daughter can always say she had a multiple Olympic Gold Medal winner for a babysitter--he actually did babysit her about once or twice a couple of years ago). Josh Davis