List of republicans arrested for smoking crack

Posted By: HRH Dawnie

List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 05:55 PM

Just wanted to see who was curious enough to look
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 05:57 PM

Dawnie, you're a hoot! I needed a laugh today after doing my HMDA stuff.
Posted By: QCL

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 06:28 PM

Got me.
Posted By: Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 06:34 PM

For a second there I though Marion Berry "saw the light".
Posted By: J2C

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 06:43 PM

Darn! You got me on that one. I was excited that I might have some fodder to give to my Republican friends....that are beginning to get on my nerves!

Good one Dawnie!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 06:48 PM

63 Hits You know I got more than actually said they looked

Sometimes we're just too darned serious for our own good! Wanna bet Jokerman looked? heh heh
Posted By: Poopzilla

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 06:54 PM

WHOO HOO! Awesome post Dawnie!!! I love it!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: List of cracks hoping to smoke Republicans - 07/27/04 07:06 PM

What a wonderful post. This is great for the people who can't keep up. Do we have more ideas?
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: List of cracks hoping to smoke Republicans - 07/27/04 07:08 PM

I admit it, I clicked it, but mainly because I figured it had to be a joke...
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:08 PM

Quote:

Wanna bet Jokerman looked? heh heh

What's your point?
Posted By: cbu3

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:17 PM

You got me, too!!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:24 PM

The crack on Jokerman WAS kind of unfounded. There's plenty of BOL'ers out there that participate in heavily debated topics. Awesome post though because I looked thinking "Oh great, ANOTHER pissing contest... Goodie! Let's see who's matching wits and facts today!!"
Posted By: Okie Dokie

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:25 PM

Got me!!!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:28 PM

Quote:

Just wanted to see who was curious enough to look

There has got to be something in that Alaskan air!

oops...I forgot to sign on.TrueBlueBanker
Posted By: Paragon

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:31 PM

Yes curious, as the subject noted republicans versus the usual suspects: dimo-bulbs.
Posted By: DEL

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:33 PM

I bet the Republicans clicked but they didn't read!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:50 PM

Quote:

I bet for the Democrats, nothing clicks.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:51 PM

There definately are some well-known example-setting "leaders" who've been involved with crack: Marion Barry, former disgraced mayor of Washington, DC, who was arrested and convicted during a sting; actor Tim Allen, who is now in attendance at the Democratic National Convention; Dennis Hopper, who was charged in Taos, NM; President Clinton's brother, George Clinton; Puff Daddy; and the brilliant Ozzy Osbourne.

The only problem is that these brilliant contributors are all Democrats.

Re: List of crackheads - 07/27/04 07:55 PM

So true Poopzella, so true.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:55 PM

Quote:

Hate to break it to you, but Republicans can at least admit they inhale, they click, etc., unlike certain democrats who want to ride the line and say that they both didn't and did...
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 07:58 PM

Quote:

Let's see who's matching wits and facts today!!"

Unfortunately you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Great post!

Re: List of Liberals With Nothing of Substance - 07/27/04 08:32 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Great post!

My thoughts exactly. Accolades indeed. What an astonishly charming and innovative post!
Posted By: Skunk Boy

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 08:35 PM

Quote:

President Clinton's brother, George Clinton;

The P-Funk All-Star???

Didn't President Bush do crack? Or was that cocaine? AND didn't he get straight C's in college????

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 08:55 PM

Didn't President Bush do crack? Or was that cocaine? AND didn't he get straight C's in college????

And what did or are you doing? Posting statements like that should haunt you for the rest of your drug filled life.

He is President and you are probably some sort of minor league compliance person - even if you got A's.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 08:59 PM

Quote:

See, if we had libel laws like the British, AT would be bankrupt now.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 09:13 PM

Got me Dawnie, but at least I am anonymous!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 09:27 PM

Quote:

And what did or are you doing? Posting statements like that should haunt you for the rest of your drug filled life.

He is President and you are probably some sort of minor league compliance person - even if you got A's.

Haunt me? No way!! If he can be president with C's then I, logically, can rule the world with my B average.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 10:07 PM

Sheesh we can argue about anything can't we

Analyze..I'd vote for you as ruler of the world, but I kinda wanted the post....

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/27/04 11:10 PM

Haunt me? No way!! If he can be president with C's then I, logically, can rule the world with my B average.

I've seen your posts, there is no way that you are a "B" average - and I would hope that you rule the really small world that you appear to live in.

Try posting facts - you will feel better even in your world.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 12:19 AM

The thread was meant to be a small joke...BACK OFF for gads sake can't anyone speak without insulting people? (Jokerman, I didn't mean offense by asking if you'd read it, I just know you're always there when a political thread gets posted, nothing negative at all) Paragon, you're too literal, Analyze really shouldn't be attacked should he?

Lets all have a beer (in seperate corners)

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 02:20 AM

I note in another thread that TrueBlueBanker asks why a posting of his was apparently deleted by Andy Z, apparently because it was deemed that TrueBlueBanker engaged in poor taste.

There is a response to TrueBlueBanker's question from Dawnie in which she notes that she, too, has access level authority to delete posts by virtue of her apparent role as a moderator. This leads me to a key question: Why would a moderator who is entrusted with an increased level of access -- and who, as a moderator, should be required to display a level of discipline, maturity, and comportment -- initiate such a childish, ridiculous question about crack cocaine in association with Republicans. The initiation of such a tasteless, frivolous thread is an indicator that the criteria to become a thread moderator requires review.

Andy may delete threads, but he is consistent. You would never see Andy or Mary Beth initiate something this inappropriate.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 02:34 AM

Far be it for me to have offended, but I'd like to point out that I didn't mention any names, didn't plan on it, just wanted to insert a little levity into the forum called the water cooler for those of us who are tired of all the political arguments. Again, it was meant to be a silly joke. If I've offended you by posting it I'll appologize. For those who pm'd that it was funny apprently you're as nutso as I am
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 12:18 PM

Hey, someone is trying to use my name!!!

FatLilDevil
PoopDevil

Sorry guys, Donald Trump copyrighted it for me!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 12:20 PM

Quote:

I note in another thread that TrueBlueBanker asks why a posting of his was apparently deleted by Andy Z, apparently because it was deemed that TrueBlueBanker engaged in poor taste.

My post was NOT deleted! Posts to my original thread were deleted. Anon...it was not deemed that TBB engaged in poor taste. Maybe anon should take the time to read the threads
and loosen up a little after all you are in the watercooler section!
Posted By: redsfan

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 12:49 PM

Actually, I think the President has admitted to having used drugs during his wilder days. He certainly has admitted to abusing alcohol.

The fact that he has stopped this behavior isn't a character flaw - I see it more as an indication of his resolve. No one is making an issue of it - so who cares?

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 01:16 PM

Quote:

Far be it for me to have offended, but I'd like to point out that I didn't mention any names, didn't plan on it, just wanted to insert a little levity into the forum called the water cooler for those of us who are tired of all the political arguments. Again, it was meant to be a silly joke. If I've offended you by posting it I'll appologize. For those who pm'd that it was funny apprently you're as nutso as I am

For someone to be offended by this they have to be very very very insecure. You could have just as easily titled it list of democrats arrested for smoking cigars, list of independents arrested for dui, etc. etc. For that matter, you could have called it list of professional atheletes found to be using steriods.

It wasn't at all offensive, and if you were offended by this, I am sure that the offense comes not from the title of the thread, nor from the posts in the thread, but from being completely outwitted by something so simple.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 01:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My post was NOT deleted! Posts to my original thread were deleted. Anon...it was not deemed that TBB engaged in poor taste. Maybe anon should take the time to read the threads
and loosen up a little after all you are in the watercooler section!

Anon:

You are mistaken.

At 6:39 p.m. on July 27, in the thread now entitled, "Post Deleted By Andy Z", TrueBlueBanker in post No. 222024 inquires, "As a fairly new poster I am still learning how to BOL. On one of the threads I submitted several posts were deleted by Andy Z. What would warrant a post being deleted?"

Dawnie is the next responder at 6:51 p.m., and she notes, "I can also delete posts as can any forum moderator." Dawnie further states that, "The reasons [for a post being dleted] vary but normally have to do with inappropriate language or behavior."

The point, Anon, which you've obviously missed, is that a forum moderator, in my opinion, should be above initiating a tasteless thread which references crack cocaine and a specific political party. The thread was not one which complemented any other discussions related to that subject. It was clearly in poor taste, and it most definately would not meet any of the 20 posting suggestions listed in the BOL Posting Guidelines.

Like a cop, a forum moderator is expected to stand apart and avoid emotional involvement in initiating threads which can easily offend and lessen their credibility. There are many forum moderators who, as BOL subject matter experts, avoid initiating threads in the WaterCooler or Couch, and for obvious reasons.

Dawnie was principled enough to respond and note that she was not intending to offend, so the matter is closed.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 01:30 PM

Quote:

Hey, someone is trying to use my name!!!

FatLilDevil
PoopDevil

Sorry guys, Donald Trump copyrighted it for me!

Yeah, someone's taken a variant of mine as well. I guess they wanna be like us... I feel bad for them... NO one should feel so terrible that they look up to me and try and mimic me... that's a sign of serious depression . Either that or they're gonna try to flame people and hope it come back to us instead of them. Either way I don't care.
Posted By: Tiger Fan

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 01:30 PM

I have to agree with you completely. People need to lighten up a little and learn to have fun.

Dawnie, you got me!!!
Posted By: Fork Ate Spoon

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 01:35 PM

Quote:

I have to agree with you completely. People need to lighten up a little and learn to have fun.

Dawnie, you got me!!!

Ditto
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 01:44 PM

Anonymous,
Forum moderators do just that, they moderate forums. Most of them are volunteers who have made tangible contributions to helping other people.

While they should not use their magical powers to shape a discussion to their particular point of view in the forums they moderate, you alone have composed the standards you cite for their behavior when they are in other fora.

Humor is relative and Dawnie's post was more likely to be humorous to people who have read a lot of the political threads in the Water Cooler. Nevertheless, being a moderator does not make her a bigger target when her post has nothing to do with that role.

P.S. FYI, the posts that were edited or deleted were not TrueBlueBankers.
Posted By: downstown

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 01:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dawnie, you got me!!!

Ditto

Ditto on the Ditto
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 01:56 PM

I have enjoyed this thread. I can't understand why all the "anons" get their shorts in such a rumple. Chill out and have a little fun. Life is short. Learn to laugh!!!!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 02:22 PM

Quote:

I've seen your posts, there is no way that you are a "B" average - and I would hope that you rule the really small world that you appear to live in.

Try posting facts - you will feel better even in your world.

I'm really glad that I didn't read this post before I went home yesterday.
You have no right to attack me when I was just making a joke. You don't know me, how I really was in school, how I am at work, or even who I voted for in the last election. Back off, and lighten up.

I really hope that by you attacking me, and then attacking me again, that is somehow made you feel better in your "little world". Do you feel better Paragon? Do you?

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 03:02 PM

The thread was meant to be a small joke...BACK OFF for gads sake can't anyone speak without insulting people? (Jokerman, I didn't mean offense by asking if you'd read it, I just know you're always there when a political thread gets posted, nothing negative at all) Paragon, you're too literal, Analyze really shouldn't be attacked should he?

Dawnie: You, as a moderator, should stay out of the provocative post business. I’m surprised and disappointed that you don’t realize the posting anything that has Republicans smoking crack, even as some sort of sick joke, would result in upset posters – literal and not so literal.

I’m thinking that as a BOL moderator, you should give up your rights to post such garbage and responding from the dimo-bulb point of view – sticking with moderating forums and banking stuff. No other moderator gets involved at the level that you are involved with this sort of thing.

Do the right thing!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 03:25 PM

Quote:

Dawnie: You, as a moderator, should stay out of the provocative post business. I’m surprised and disappointed that you don’t realize the posting anything that has Republicans smoking crack, even as some sort of sick joke, would result in upset posters – literal and not so literal.

I’m thinking that as a BOL moderator, you should give up your rights to post such garbage and responding from the dimo-bulb point of view – sticking with moderating forums and banking stuff. No other moderator gets involved at the level that you are involved with this sort of thing.

Do the right thing!

Surely paragon, you must realize that if Dawnie and I agree on something, there can be no question about it. We are diametrically opposed to nearly every issue. For you to think she has done something wrong with this is sheer idiocy.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 03:35 PM

I really hope that by you attacking me, and then attacking me again, that is somehow made you feel better in your "little world". Do you feel better paragon? Do you?

I'M IN THE PRESENT AND LOOKING GOOD!

Within humor, there is always some truth from the speakers point of view. You should avoid political humor as you are not good at it and some people may respond in an un-humorous way.
Posted By: Tiger Fan

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 03:35 PM

I, for one, hope that Dawnie does not take your advice. Her posts are almost always humorous when taken in the spirit she intends them to be. Why should she be responsible for other people being so sensitive they are unable to read the posts in the manner intended?

Dawnie, keep up the good work.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 04:05 PM

Hee hee hee ... I think it's funny now that we're seriously discussing how to not be so serious. Sorry, but it IS kinda funny!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 04:09 PM

I, for one, hope that Dawnie does not take your advice. Her posts are almost always humorous when taken in the spirit she intends them to be. Why should she be responsible for other people being so sensitive they are unable to read the posts in the manner intended?
Dawnie, keep up the good work.

Don't fret, Dawnie is not about to take my advice on any issue, but that doesn't stop me from offering it.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 04:17 PM

Yes it is hilarious...and a "Little Devil ish ".

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 04:54 PM

Easy now...

I am still voting for my cat.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 04:59 PM

Well, I finally looked at this and I hadn't since it started yesterday. I decided to explore this thread when I saw the number of posts. Good one, Dawnie!!! My hat is off to you.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 05:56 PM

I finally looked, too. This is wonderful. Very informative and absolutely worldclass.
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 06:05 PM

Good job Dawnie - and thanks for the first real giggle I've had all day, even though it was quickly suppressed as I read some of the responses...

NOW - EVERYBODY go find a pink flamingo and stick it in your yard. NOW!

[sorry - that rampaging garden gnome hijacked my response again...]

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 07:01 PM

Surely paragon, you must realize that if Dawnie and I agree on something, there can be no question about it. We are diametrically opposed to nearly every issue. For you to think she has done something wrong with this is sheer idiocy.

Let's see: sheer: Completely such, without qualification or exception and idiocy: The state or condition of being an idiot; profound mental retardation.

Man, that's cold, but your post fills a much needed gap, so I accept the input as another non-event in my wonderful life.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 07:18 PM

Looks like Dawnie had a point about the drugs, I found this in another thread:
Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 07:32 PM

That's an anon-source article bashing Bush - you should be ashamed that you have passed it on. Not much is true that is posted on the internet, even on BOL. Check your source next time.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 07:37 PM

Quote:

you should be ashamed that you have passed it on. Not much is true that is posted on the internet, even on BOL.

Sorry, DAD... Am I grounded, now?

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 07:43 PM

Exactly. The Bash bashing article is despicable on so many levels. First, the reliance on "unnamed sources" - by a reporter known to have been taken for a patsy. Second, the dark, unsubstantiated insinuations about "powerful" drugs, "paranoia", "depression" and "erratic behavior". Third, the use of a concurrence by an author of an armchair psychoanalysis of the President, without a hint to the reader that this guy never in fact never examined, interviewed or even spoke with the President.

Just awful, slipshod, irresponsible reporting.
Posted By: Suzie

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 07:47 PM

Quote:

Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior

Thanks Little Devil for posting that link!

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 10:30 PM

The BOL "clique" has kicked in to support little devil, how sweet.
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/28/04 11:49 PM

Quote:

Exactly. The Bash bashing article is despicable on so many levels. First, the reliance on "unnamed sources" - by a reporter known to have been taken for a patsy. Second, the dark, unsubstantiated insinuations about "powerful" drugs, "paranoia", "depression" and "erratic behavior". Third, the use of a concurrence by an author of an armchair psychoanalysis of the President, without a hint to the reader that this guy never in fact never examined, interviewed or even spoke with the President.

Just awful, slipshod, irresponsible reporting.

Wow, we now have an ANON agreeing with Paragon. What is this world coming to. Paragon, is it lonely up there on your intellectually superior thrown? How about giving us a break and let us common folk wallow in our silliness.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/29/04 03:30 PM

Wow, we now have an ANON agreeing with paragon. What is this world coming to. paragon, is it lonely up there on your intellectually superior thrown? How about giving us a break and let us common folk wallow in our silliness.

Thrown? Do you actually think that that is the way to spell throne?

KCGeoQueen, I'm willing to allow you to wallow in your silliness, but that is not even close to a typo.

I’m not saying that I’m one of them, but there are intellectually superior people out there. It appears that you are not ready to listen to any of them, but perhaps you are young and there is time. Listening is a developed skill.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/29/04 03:44 PM

They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.

Their house is a museum,
Where people come to see 'em,
They really are a scream,
The Addams Family.

(Neat)
(Sweet)
(Petite)

So get a witches shawl on,
A broomstick you can crawl on,
We're gonna pay a call on,
The Addams Family.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/29/04 04:09 PM

So, is it Nikko Addams? You do fit the mold!
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/29/04 05:18 PM

I'm kooky but I'm not ooky!
Posted By: JimK

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/29/04 05:19 PM

Marion is a democrat; republicans don't claim him nor do some democrats.

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/29/04 05:50 PM

Quote:

Sorry, DAD... Am I grounded, now?

LOL Maria...I laughed so loud the staff thought I'd lost my mind (again)

Quote:

LOL ok Michael, that might actually make sense thank you for the support.

And kids, for gads sake, lighten up! We have enough goober to keep us stressed for weeks on end, lets at least enjoy a silly moment for what it's worth. If you can't giggle about something this silly perhaps the water cooler isn't a good place to hang out?

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 07/29/04 08:55 PM

Dawnie, I have to say I loved the post. you got me gooood. and paragon I have to tell you, even though I may not totally agree with you, I love your tag line

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 10/04/05 10:12 AM

haha you wanker loving scum

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 10/04/05 10:13 AM

your moma smokes crack 4 da devil white gal

re:crack and princess di........she loved it.until - 10/04/05 10:17 AM

it killed her.
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: re:crack and princess di........she loved it.until - 10/04/05 12:54 PM

Bizarre thread resurrection, party of one, your table is ready.
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: re:crack and princess di........she loved it.until - 10/04/05 12:54 PM

And whatever happened to "Poopzilla2"?
Posted By: TTC Queen

Re: List of republicans arrested for smoking crack - 10/04/05 01:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dawnie, you got me!!!

Ditto

Ditto on the Ditto

I admit it, also--You got me. Too bad folks had to try to turn it into something other than just fun.