STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!

Posted By: Anonymous

STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 01:34 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but I am tired of seeing all of this political junk on this bulletin board. Everyone has their right to free speech and to their opinions, but enough is enough. I come to this BB to read enjoyable things, and it was fun at first- but now it isn't!

Please STOP!!!!!!
Posted By: Poopzilla

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 01:45 PM

Perhaps a new forum should be devised strictly for political topics. Call it the Political Arena or something. Other than that, I just try not to get involved or at least try not to stir the water more. Mostly I just don't even look in them anymore.
Posted By: 1 Peter 5:7

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 01:48 PM

These things run in spells, Anon. It's the political season. Just don't click.
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 01:56 PM

Quote:

I don't know about everyone else, but I am tired of seeing all of this political junk on this bulletin board. Everyone has their right to free speech and to their opinions, but enough is enough. I come to this BB to read enjoyable things, and it was fun at first- but now it isn't!

Please STOP!!!!!!

If you don't want to read anything controversial, read some Dr. Seuss, or simply read the topic of the thread, pay attention, and don't read what you don't want to read. Why in the world should other people not speak freely and discuss the things you don't want to read just to please you. That's like saying don't smoke in the smoking section of a restaurant...
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 02:04 PM

Properly labeled threads will help. If it indicates it is political in nature and we open it, it's the risk we take.

Civility is simply too much to expect when even those people who don't post as "Anonymous" are.

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 02:14 PM

Quote:

Please STOP!!!!!!

I agree with you, Little Devil, this must stop.

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 02:28 PM

I agree w/ the others- but I also agree with you ANON, it is a bit frustrating. We see it here, we see it on the news, its everywhere!

I don't typically respond to the political threads, I don't like politics much- but I do sometimes find them amusing.

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 02:37 PM

Quote:

I agree with you, Little Devil, this must stop.

where do you see "little devil" posting anything in this thread. i think someone is playing games . . .
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 02:38 PM

Quote:

Please STOP!!!!!!

As Arnold would say, "Quit whining!"

Read my opinions or don't, but don't read them and then complain that I give them.

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 02:54 PM

Quote:

where do you see "little devil" posting anything in this thread. i think someone is playing games . . .

Little Devilish games indeed.

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 03:14 PM

If you do find that there are posters whose opinions on any subject have no value to you, click their screen name above their avatar then click "Ignore this User." The body of their posts will not appear on your screen if you are logged in.

It's kind of like weeding the garden, it reduces stress.
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 03:27 PM

Quote:

If you do find that there are posters whose opinions on any subject have no value to you

Agreed, but I'm finding that there are posters whose banking opinions I respect but I get tired of their political stuff. If I want to be a flaming liberal, it's my right. If I want to be a flaming conservative, it's also my right. And gee whiz, I might even be a political dyslexic with some conservative and some liberal views But some interesting threads get hijacked with less-than-civil discussions and it really has gotten old. I really like the idea of a Political Forum where people who want to jump into the fray have the ability to do so; those of us who want the Watercooler to be a fun and frolic zone can have it back. And yeah - I assume that once the election is over, the recount is over, the inauguration is over, and things settle down, this will all die down again -- I'm just afraid it's going to be next March...

In the meantime, vote for the Party Party ticket with Dante Alighieri and James Furber!
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 06:06 PM

How about those that don't want to read the political posts, don't, and those that do, do. Why is this concept of "freedom of choice" so hard to understand? This is precisely the reason this country is having the issues that it is. Just because a certain subsection of the population (no matter how small) doesn't like something or finds it offensive, the rest of the population has to "STOP STOP STOP - Please!!!" expressing their opinion. BS if you ask me. Just don't look. Period.
Posted By: Deena

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 06:27 PM

Quote:

How about those that don't want to read the political posts, don't, and those that do, do.

Unfortunately, often we (those of us who are not interested in all the political "bashing") can't tell that a thread has been hijacked until we get into it - i.e., the title says the topic is one thing, but after two or three posts, it's a completely different (and unappealing) topic.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 07:08 PM

Isn't that every thread in here?
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 08:11 PM

Granted, it is often hard to tell what a thread is about until you get into it, especially in the watercooler. The only advice that I can offer is click the remote or use the BACK button. One could avoid the watercooler altogether, but some topics are fun.

And now I will go a little off topic on this one.

Quote:

That's like saying don't smoke in the smoking section of a restaurant...

And...this is similar to prayers and schools and the pledge....my answer is the same, "I have the right to pray whenever and wherever - you have the right not to. I won't force you to pray with me and I ask that you not force me to stop."

step....
.........step....
..................step....(me climbing down off my soapbox. )
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 08:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Little Devilish games indeed.

You know, I am sick and tired of being accused of anonymous postings! I wasn't near a freaking computer all day!
Posted By: GreatBlue

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 09:37 PM

FWIW, no one thinks these dumb anonymous posts are you.

Ok, I didn't actually poll anyone on this, but seriously, no one who's spent any time in this forum would ever think you'd do that.

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 10:05 PM

Quote:

I am sick and tired of being accused of anonymous postings! I wasn't near a freaking computer all day!

Omigosh, they've cloned the little vixen! Now, her virtual Dad has to berate and abuse twins. Heavens, what if it's triplets!
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/29/04 11:44 PM

Quote:

FWIW, no one thinks these dumb anonymous posts are you.

Ok, I didn't actually poll anyone on this, but seriously, no one who's spent any time in this forum would ever think you'd do that.

I didn't think it was you Lil'D. You speak your mind signed on, why would you need to ANON.

I do agree that often a post starts off fun and then turns into a war of words. It is discouraging and wastes the little time I have. I come here to take a break and have fun. If I wanted to discuss or read politics, I would look for a forum that addresses politics.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!! - 07/30/04 12:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I am sick and tired of being accused of anonymous postings! I wasn't near a freaking computer all day!

Omigosh, they've cloned the little vixen! Now, her virtual Dad has to berate and abuse twins. Heavens, what if it's triplets!

LOL, Ken!