Today's Forecast

Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 12:36 AM

I think you're in trouble when the forecast is:

Smoke (the picture is puffy gray clouds) and 81 degrees. I am almost ready to move to Florida
Posted By: QCL

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 06:33 PM

Quote:

Smoke (the picture is puffy gray clouds) and 81 degrees. I am almost ready to move to Florida

No, I think I'm in trouble when it's warmer in Alaska than it is in Illinois. We had Upper 60's all last week. Brrr.
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 06:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No, I think I'm in trouble when it's warmer in Alaska than it is in Illinois. We had Upper 60's all last week. Brrr.

I was thinking the same thing here in Cincinnati, only it's been in the 70s!
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 06:46 PM

By the time summer gets here to Wisconsin, it will be fall.
Posted By: beaten blind

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 07:15 PM

My husband is heading that way in two weeks for a hunting trip (somewhere outside of Anchorage) - do you know what the extended forecast is????
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 07:37 PM

Should still be nice when he's here. I'm guessing somewhere in the Kenai region for hunting? (What's he hunting?) We expect sun (which you can't see due to the smoke) for a few weeks.

This time of year is a bit iffy, with possible rain, but it's not normally bad, and typically it's sunny and enjoyable with extended daylight hours beyond what any normal human being want's to see If he's out in Kodiak or Sitka area he's likely to have more rain. But bears run slower in the rain so he'll like that

It's hard to guess what things will be like, since we have smoke alerts all week and also have our ash contingency plans in full effect (volcano is supposed to blow any time now).

Alaska is always an adventure!
Posted By: mrenderman

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 09:26 PM

Amen to that. I think we had one week of summer and fall is setting in. I guess as the old saying goes, that's what we get for living in Wisconsin.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 09:28 PM

Dawnie,

Do you have any links to local news links. I'm fascinated with volcanos. I wish I could be there to photograph it. From a distance of course.
Posted By: beaten blind

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 10:12 PM

Alright, I'm the big goof-ball here but what are you talking about????? I am worried sick about this trip anyway - hunting carribu, elk, moose and bear (yess - all of those!). But now, in addition to an attack from any of the above mentioned (especially the bear!!!), I have to worry about a volcano? Gotta go now. Have to make sure life insurance premiums are paid!
Posted By: bubs63

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/17/04 10:19 PM

Quote:

Amen to that. I think we had one week of summer and fall is setting in. I guess as the old saying goes, that's what we get for living in Wisconsin.

You get the Packers too!
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/18/04 01:13 AM

According to the wooly catapillar, we are going to have an extra cold winter. Guess we have to have to pay for having such an wonderful cool summer.
Posted By: J2C

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/18/04 07:38 PM

Summer???? I don't think we have had a summer, we went from spring right to fall. It was cold here last night!! Upstate NY.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/18/04 07:41 PM

And on the way home today I noticed some oak leaves turning red! It's August!!! What the heck is going on? And now you're telling me the winter is going to be worse?
Posted By: La. Lady

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/18/04 07:52 PM

I love winter.....cold, rainy...whatever....

I really don't like summer. I hate all those bugs flying around and buzzing me.....I am sure that my neighbors are watching the show when they see me dodging wasps under my carport arms flailing about, screaming---short---jolting screams.....as I try to get inside.......
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: Today's Forecast - 08/18/04 08:30 PM

Quote:

And on the way home today I noticed some oak leaves turning red! It's August!!!

Here too - I counted 6 just around our building here That's what happens when the high is 60 and the low is 40 At least its (slightly) warmer this week.