It's Friday - Open the Bar

Posted By: Beagles22

It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 06:31 PM

I can't find Tiny, but I came in anyway. I am almost done shopping for the holiday and wanted to try an egg nog and brandy. I guess I'll pour my own. Anyone want something while I am behind the bar? It's free until Tiny gets here and shuts me down!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 06:36 PM

i will take one shot of crown royal for my boy, dimebag; r.i.p. brother.

then, i will take a crown and holiday pepsi, to go..... tanks!
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 06:36 PM

A Nyquil cocktail please - the Junebug got exposed to RSV again (but ended up with bronchiolitis) and so we've all been sick. I think I've got a sinus infection, DH has a nasty sounding cough.... Merry Christmas! {We'll survive, I know.}

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 06:42 PM

I hope you are all feeling better by next weekend! I have a cure for that though, Hot Toddy! At the very least it will get you some sleep. BG - you like that spiced pepsi huh? I tried it but just had a funny taste. Maybe with some whiskey it would be good though!
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 06:44 PM

Ughh That spiced Pepsi is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted!

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 06:44 PM

Quote:

I hope you are all feeling better by next weekend! I have a cure for that though, Hot Toddy! At the very least it will get you some sleep. BG - you like that spiced pepsi huh? I tried it but just had a funny taste. Maybe with some whiskey it would be good though!

i like it alot. i like pepsi alot better than coke and it goes just right with the crown royal.
mixing the holiday pepsi with captain morgan delivers and good combo.

i will also take a nice cold miller lite draft with a shot glass of amaretto in it. drop the shot into the beer and chug!
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 07:02 PM

I still miss Mr. C. Maybe a virtual Guinness will help me.
Posted By: bam

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 07:10 PM

I have a friend that works for Pepsi. He said they are going to repackage Spice Pepsi after the holiday season. It will be marketed as Drain Cleaner
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 07:10 PM

Give me an Eggnog with Rum, please.
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 07:50 PM

Whooooo-hooo! OK, all I (almost) wanted for Christmas was a good bank exam. We got it and I'll buy drinks for everyone currently at the bar, before the big crowd shows. Examiners have exited the building and probably town by now. Thanks, Santa.
Posted By: renniks

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 07:55 PM

Congrat's on the exam wacokid ...what a good Christmas gift!!!!
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 07:58 PM

My examiner is heading out in about half an hour waco. Congrats on the exam I'm not feeling badly either

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:03 PM

How did you all do with BSA? All the banks in my market are getting slammed hard.
Posted By: BettyBoop

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:06 PM

I can go for a sleigh ride or a pointsettia martini.
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:15 PM

Our BSA went great. He concentrated on our CIP process, policies, procedures, and documentation mostly. Looked at 1 month's worth of CTRs and cash shipments from Fed. Also, he stressed our training and training records were good. They (FDIC)stated they had 32 pages of BSA work programs, but as of this week, it will be increasing to a minimum of 160 pages. Drinks anyone???? Lots of drinks anyone????
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:16 PM

Quote:

i will take a crown and holiday pepsi, to go..... tanks!

Michael P, did you notice this???

Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:19 PM

My examiner believed all the BS I put in front of him.

Or were you talking about some reg I don't handle?

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What that she'd be better off drinking something off a tank than that holiday pepsi stuff?

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:25 PM

Uh, no.
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:29 PM

I must be out of the loop. What is "holiday pepsi"? Something you mix or something the stores are selling. Like lime diet coke?
Posted By: P*Q

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:33 PM

Quote:

Whooooo-hooo! OK, all I (almost) wanted for Christmas was a good bank exam. We got it and I'll buy drinks for everyone currently at the bar, before the big crowd shows. Examiners have exited the building and probably town by now. Thanks, Santa.

I'll second that and buy the next round. S & S folks left yesterday, bank did great! Wahooooo! Bottoms up everyone!
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:35 PM

Slide me a nice big bottle of Rogue Chocolate Stout and a hot brownie please? And then keep the Rogue Chocolate coming for the rest of the afternoon

I'm going to finish off the rest of the stuff for Board, finish one project and by the end of Tuesday, I'll be off til January -- WOOHOO!!!!!

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:41 PM

It is a spiced pepsi, tastes weird to me, but apparently if you put rum in it's OK.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:42 PM

How's about a Death by Chocolate Martini?
Posted By: Skittles

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:42 PM

I think it's a holiday spice flavored Pepsi. I've seen it in the store and it sounds awful to me. Might be good, but I don't think I would try it.

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:43 PM

OK then, what is a "spiced pepsi", something you mix or something you buy?
Posted By: Skittles

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:43 PM

It's pre-made.

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:45 PM

Must be only in certain markets. Haven't seen it in the stores.

Kind of like that new low carb Budweiser, only being test marketed in a few areas.

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What that she'd be better off drinking something off a tank than that holiday pepsi stuff?

Oh, you mean the alcohol while driving? It's ok when it's virtual alcohol, since it is guaranteed not to raise her blood alcohol level or impair her any more than rushing to the store to buy gifts.
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 08:47 PM

It sounds disgusting when you read the bottle, but the person I asked about it said she was amazed at how good it was -- I decided it was Pepsi and kept going (as a Coke person...)

By the way -- my glass of Rogue Chocolate Stout is empty and I'm very, very thirsty....

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 09:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, you mean the alcohol while driving? It's ok when it's virtual alcohol, since it is guaranteed not to raise her blood alcohol level or impair her any more than rushing to the store to buy gifts.

by the way, i, "blind guardian" am a MALE! ha ha. don't let that mistake happen again.
don't worry, i wasn't drinking and driving.

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 09:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

by the way, i, "blind guardian" am a MALE! ha ha. don't let that mistake happen again.
don't worry, i wasn't drinking and driving.

Sorry, you aren't registered, so I didn't know!

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 09:07 PM

yea, i know.
the computer at work won't let me. i used to be under 'iced earth' but for some reason it won't let me anymore.
i try to be recognized somewhat by putting the username on there.

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 09:12 PM

Did Tiny ever show up? I haven't seen him anywhere so I'll go back behind the bar and fill everyone's glass. Here is a Rogue Chocolate Stout for Mountain Hawk.

Hay I just found a big jar of olives, I wonder what they are for????
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 09:12 PM

It is one of those weeks...I will take a Colorado Bulldog with diet coke!!!!

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 09:14 PM

Quote:

the computer at work won't let me

your description makes me wonder if it is a Star Trek-like artificially-intelligent computer that you have at work...

"Hello-o, computer?" said Mr. Scott, speaking into the mouse...
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 09:17 PM

The olives are not to be opened until he catches up on some sleep and his aim improves!!

But MHS and I stocked up on a whole bunch of other bar food including the pretzel/garlic chip mix stuff in the super size 5 lb bags. Tear one open please and I'll grab some bubbly and strawberries. We'll toast all the examiners who've left...and, if you don't mind, MOML, who has stuck with me for 32 years today!!!

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 09:22 PM

Happy anniversary bjp!
Posted By: Citrus

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 10:21 PM

Can't you guys see the elf??? Don't you know who it is?? Get up real close - no, really really close...see, it's Tiny in disguise! He's been watching you guys help yourselves while he's been watching the big screen t.v. (!!)

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 10:22 PM

Oh - what's a sleigh ride? I think I might need to try one of those!
Posted By: someone else

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 10:38 PM

Mt N Full...how are you enjoying the beautiful weather today?

Lovin' sunny SoCal!!!

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 10:44 PM

Oh MY GOSH - 70's every day this week - and it's sooo warm and NOT humid - it's kinda weird to feel this a week before Christmas!! I had forgotten how nice the weather really is!I was raking leaves and doing yard work for my parents a little while ago - and I was so warm! (Mom's iced tea tasted good)
Posted By: someone else

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 11:14 PM

It has been hot on Christmas here several times...when I was young that was not necessarily the case. I actually remember a White Christmas in Long Beach...of course it never stayed on the ground...
Posted By: Candice

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/17/04 11:16 PM

Quote:

Mt N Full...how are you enjoying the beautiful weather today?

Lovin' sunny SoCal!!!

Southern California is WONDERFUL today. Warm and sunny, doesn't seem like x-mas at all.

Please pass me a magarita on the rocks with salt!
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/18/04 02:37 AM

Ok, I was out (not out of my mind )this afternoon and just came from the couch where momofnataliebear announced she's a match!!!

I say, crack out the bubbly for her & for bjp who's celebrating an anniversary (and better not be reading this at 8ish on a Friday evening!!)
Posted By: Pup

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/18/04 04:45 AM

At 10:30 on a Friday night, this is where I am! Sad? Perhaps, but I'm glad I just found out about Natalie Bear's good news!!

I think I'll claim some of that bubbly, Leia.

Salud!!

Re: It's Friday - Open the Bar - 12/18/04 05:53 AM

I'll clink my bubbly glass to the good news, too!