Here's your sign.....(***rant?***)

Posted By: Viking Princess

Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 06:49 PM

?? not the brightest crayon in the box? I just received a call from my admin asking if I had a phone. Um, ok..so I said Yes I'm on it right now. She said ok, just making sure because I didn't want to have to order you one if you already have one. I'm confused, whose number did she think she was calling as she called me direct and my name shows up? Anyone have any other here's your sign stories.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 06:52 PM

People calling the bank and saying "are you open today?"

Did I answer the phone dip stick?
Posted By: someone else

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 06:53 PM

Here's one that just happened to me right now. I went downstairs to the teller window to get change for a $20. The teller asked me how I would like that broken down. Jokingly, I said I wanted one $10, two $5s and ten $1s. She sat and counted it out and gave it to me, just as I asked. When I informed her that she had just given me $30 in change for a $20 bill she laughed and sweetly told me that I needed to go back to school for my math skills since I had asked for the wrong amount of money...

Here's your sign...
Posted By: bluebanker

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 06:58 PM

Quote:

Here's one that just happened to me right now. I went downstairs to the teller window to get change for a $20. The teller asked me how I would like that broken down. Jokingly, I said I wanted one $10, two $5s and ten $1s. She sat and counted it out and gave it to me, just as I asked. When I informed her that she had just given me $30 in change for a $20 bill she laughed and sweetly told me that I needed to go back to school for my math skills since I had asked for the wrong amount of money...

Here's your sign...

LOL, that's priceless!

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 07:01 PM

Who does your hiring? I think you may want to screen your tellers more carefully!

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 07:02 PM

How about "Are you busy?" - you're hold on the phone, typing a document and have a thousands papers on your desk. Here's your sign....(this happens to me ALL the time and it's so frustrating) Like, what do you think? Do I look busy? Hellooo...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 07:03 PM

I answer the phone and say, "This is John Doe."

Most callers say, "John?"

Agggghhhhh!

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 07:12 PM

Quote:

I answer the phone and say, "This is John Doe."

Most callers say, "John?"

Agggghhhhh!

What?
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 08:09 PM

Quote:

People DO work at businesses when they aren't open you know.
Posted By: PMH

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 08:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

People DO work at businesses when they aren't open you know.

My boss makes us answer the phones before we open & after we close, and then we have to explain to people that although we have answered the phone, we are not open and they cannot come in...And NO, I will not wait for you to get here after we are closed.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 09:58 PM

Quote:

And NO, I will not wait for you to get here after we are closed.

That's the one . . . "I'll be there in less than 10 minutes, can you have one of the tellers wait for me?"

I feel like saying, "sure, we don't pay them by the hour and none of them want to go home anyhow so take your time!"
Posted By: Compliance101

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 10:08 PM

This didn't happen at work, but it is worth telling. I went to a cafe to pick up my food. I went up front, with money in my hand, to pay for it, the lady said "Did you get that here?" No I got it across the street, I just wanted to pay for it again because its worth it. Here's your sign

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 10:13 PM

How about people leaving voicemail messages that say "it's me" ...
If you know them well enough to recognize their voice, how does this help anything and if you don't know them well enough then it certainly hasn't helped anything.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 10:13 PM

Ok this one is really funny(well to me anyhow)...I went to BK to place an order for 3 co-workers, all whom gave me their own money for each purchase. Going through the drive-through I noticed I was the only vehicle. I asked the lady if I could make 3 separate orders so I could provide individual receipts. She stated,"At this time I cannot do separate orders." I than asked,"when can you?" She replied again,"At this time, I can not do separate orders." I said, "Ok, so should I drive around 3 times?" Get this, she said - well, yeah I guess you'd have to cuz I can't do separate orders! OMG what is this world coming to!....lol - Of course I didn't- I just lumped it all together and explained to story to the 3 employees.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 10:48 PM

Quote:

Ok this one is really funny(well to me anyhow)...I went to BK to place an order for 3 co-workers, all whom gave me their own money for each purchase. Going through the drive-through I noticed I was the only vehicle. I asked the lady if I could make 3 separate orders so I could provide individual receipts. She stated,"At this time I cannot do separate orders." I than asked,"when can you?" She replied again,"At this time, I can not do separate orders." I said, "Ok, so should I drive around 3 times?" Get this, she said - well, yeah I guess you'd have to cuz I can't do separate orders! OMG what is this world coming to!....lol - Of course I didn't- I just lumped it all together and explained to story to the 3 employees.

That would have pushed me over the edge to the dark side. I'm pretty easy going but I would have made that person feel so stupid. I can just see myself ask, "You can not do three seperate orders because (1)you are too stupid? (2)you are too lazy to push a few extra buttons? Or (3)you just don't want to.", "Which is it?"
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 10:52 PM

Quote:

I think I would have placed one order - backed up and run over the signal thingy again and again placing 3 separate orders and then drive up to the window and do the same thing. She wouldn't have known what to do.
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 10:56 PM

I was in the cafeteria one day and needed to get some cups for a department function. The manager told me they were $.02/each and I bought 30.

The cashier was so confused when I told her I had 30 and the price. She actually got out a piece of paper and was struggling with the total. I should have told her it was $.60, but I was talking to the person behind me. Cashier told me it was $.74 which will be $.79 including tax

I politely asked "aren't they .02/each? She said yes.

I just gave her $.80 and left. I was holding up the line and the people behind me were about to blow a gasket.

Guess good help is hard to find But you can bet I always count my change
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 11:05 PM

Quote:

I guess I'm guilty of this sometimes. I more or less assume that they're open when they answer, but I think it's rude to just hang up, so I usually say something like, "Just calling to see if you were open."

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/29/04 11:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think I would have placed one order - backed up and run over the signal thingy again and again placing 3 separate orders and then drive up to the window and do the same thing. She wouldn't have known what to do.

I thought about that - lol - but was in a hurry. So I decided if it happens again I will drive around 3 times just for the heck of it. Hopefully they are smart enough not to let it happen again. Whew.
Posted By: Chiquita Banana

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 12:11 AM

Quote:

That would have pushed me over the edge to the dark side. I'm pretty easy going but I would have made that person feel so stupid. I can just see myself ask, "You can not do three seperate orders because (1)you are too stupid? (2)you are too lazy to push a few extra buttons? Or (3)you just don't want to.", "Which is it?

Just a thought but fast food places heavily enforce speed of service and there is a timer at the window for each transaction. For example, when I managed a Taco Bell we needed to get an order out before 30 seconds. Multiple orders create longer times at the window which then pushes the average way up. Considering that lunch times are more heavily scrutinized, they probably just make it a policy to not do multiple orders.

Just remember that there is another side to every coin.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 12:15 AM

I agree - however there were no cars the entire time I drove up, ordered and even left. I believe she was either lazy or could not comprehend to just ring as separate orders.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 12:17 AM

oh i also forgot to add it wasn't lunch time - it was nearly 10pm at night. I work two jobs and this was my evening job.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 02:43 PM

Amy, haven't you noticed that ever since Taco Bell started boiling their beef in a bag they don't seem to care how long the orders take? There is no such thing as fast food any more, only fat food!
Posted By: doodle

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 03:45 PM

Quote:

Just a thought but fast food places heavily enforce speed of service and there is a timer at the window for each transaction. For example, when I managed a Taco Bell we needed to get an order out before 30 seconds. Multiple orders create longer times at the window which then pushes the average way up. Considering that lunch times are more heavily scrutinized, they probably just make it a policy to not do multiple orders.

I agree. I worked in fast food and logic has nothing to do with it. You have these funky policies and a manager listening to your transactions. You can't make your own decisions and you will probably be yelled at if you show any sign of intelligence or creativity. I got in trouble because if someone ordered a big hamburger I would throw in an extra napkin. I thought it was common courtesy. A satisfied customer complimented the practice to my manager and from then on, the manager counted the napkins for every order I sent out! I quit soon after- and started banking...I still question that decision.
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 05:14 PM

Quote:

Here's your sign...

Ugggg, this is not your typical "Here's your sign" story. Unfortunately, her sign is "Me? Make a Mistake? Never!! It's always someone else's fault."

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 05:18 PM

The funniest part is that she actually thought she was right! She was ever so sweet about it, but I couldn't help but be annoyed. I wonder what her drawer is like every night...

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 06:17 PM

Quote:

?? not the brightest crayon in the box? I just received a call from my admin asking if I had a phone. Um, ok..so I said Yes I'm on it right now. She said ok, just making sure because I didn't want to have to order you one if you already have one. I'm confused, whose number did she think she was calling as she called me direct and my name shows up? Anyone have any other here's your sign stories.

Careful there...

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 06:20 PM

oops - no pun intended :).....not the sharpest tool in the shed, is that better

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 06:28 PM

Not the brightest bulb in the marquee...

One sandwich short of a picnic basket...

One taco short of a combo platter...
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 06:32 PM

Dumb as a box of rocks.
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 06:40 PM

A few fries short of a Happy Meal
Dumb as a bag of hammers

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 06:41 PM

hee hee - i like the happy meal one. - i'm sure there are so many more out there...
Posted By: obx nut

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 06:42 PM

one beer short of a six-pack
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:00 PM

Her elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.
Posted By: kfh

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:04 PM

Doesn't have the sense God gave a 2 by 4....

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:15 PM

If brains were dynamite she couldn't blow her nose.
Posted By: -5K-, CRCM

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:27 PM

Lights are on but noboby's home...
Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:32 PM

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:33 PM

A couple of fries short of a Happy Meal

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:34 PM

The lights are on, but nobody is on the phone!

Credit for this one goes to a good friend of mine complaining about someone else that was "dumb". Yes, this brunette friend of mine is the "dumb blond" in our group.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:35 PM

Quote:

A couple of fries short of a Happy Meal

Dumb as a shoe & a few slices shy of a loaf...
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:35 PM

dumber than a brick. (elena already got my first choice...the ole box of rocks)
Posted By: Clown Boy

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:39 PM

as sharp as bowling ball

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:40 PM

dumb as a football bat

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:48 PM

If she had a brain, she'd be dangerous

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:49 PM

Too much yardage between the goal posts
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 07:52 PM

And to quote Mary Beth from a seminar -

"One curler shy of a hairdo!"
Posted By: Skunk Boy

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 08:11 PM

The oven isn't heating evenly....

All the wheels aren't touching the pavement....
Posted By: NotALawyer

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 08:19 PM

Sharpest marble in the bag...
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 08:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That would have pushed me over the edge to the dark side. I'm pretty easy going but I would have made that person feel so stupid. I can just see myself ask, "You can not do three seperate orders because (1)you are too stupid? (2)you are too lazy to push a few extra buttons? Or (3)you just don't want to.", "Which is it?

I probably would not have done that. I don't usually try to get at the employee. I would have asked however why they couldn't do three. If it wasn't a good answer then I would have asked to speak to the manager. If it was a policy as you say it's a stupid one. I would have probably zoomed out of the drive through and never returned and made sure to tell all the people I knew not to go to that place and why.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 08:29 PM

And my personal favorite----
"Double D" = Dumb as dogs**t

Name that movie.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 08:31 PM

I actually haven't been back - but it was more comical than maddening. I just couldn't believe someone would stand there and say yeah drive around 3 times. Policy or no policy I doubt their manager would have approved or expected the same customer to drive through 3 times. At least I'm laughing about it. Must have caught me on a good night. lol

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 08:37 PM

Quote:

dumb as a football bat

That's a great one!
Posted By: bluebanker

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 08:40 PM

Sorry, that last anon was me

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 08:48 PM

Quote:

And my personal favorite----
"Double D" = Dumb as dogs**t

Name that movie.

That would be Renaissance Man!

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 09:32 PM

Michael, kudos to you.
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 09:33 PM

"No, to call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people..."
A Fish Called Wanda

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 09:43 PM

Quote:

Michael, kudos to you.

I love that movie. Maybe it's because I like Hamlet, or maybe it's because I like Danny DeVito. I'm not sure which.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/30/04 11:47 PM

M, love it too. It stands the test of time. You can mutter "double d" and no one gets offended.

Of course, my kids hate it when I back up and replay his line, "The decisions you make will dictate the life you live."

I should needlepoint that and hang it over their TVs. You know, I could give it as Christmas presents, graduation presents, etc.
Posted By: That Guy

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 12/31/04 10:19 PM

Earlier this week my mother called the hospital I was born at for a birth certificate. She said "I need a birth certificate for my SON." The receptionist then went through the various questions and at date of birth my mom said 12-18-80. The receptionist paused and then said, "We only have records to 1914, we can’t get a record from 1880." My mom replied "No, it’s for my son, its 1980". Just thought that was humorous. It’s a little worrisome since she works at a hospital; a screw up there could be a little more serious than one at BK.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/03/05 06:01 PM

I find it anoying when someone goes through the drive-thru at a fast-food joint and requests separate orders. So much so that no matter how much of a hurry I'm in or how bad the weather is, I always go inside now.
The drive through should be used for quick-and easy transactions. It's just like at the bank (no payroll filled through the drive through, no more than 3 transactions, have your transaction ready, etc.).

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/03/05 06:05 PM

If it's to be like a bank than I should have had my 3 orders filled - hence 3 transactions

I'm sure it can be annoying to have a person requesting multiple orders when there is a line AND during lunch hours, however at 10pm and noone in line there is no reason not to.
Posted By: Gigi2Three

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/03/05 08:34 PM

Quote:

I find it anoying when someone goes through the drive-thru at a fast-food joint and requests separate orders. So much so that no matter how much of a hurry I'm in or how bad the weather is, I always go inside now.
The drive through should be used for quick-and easy transactions. It's just like at the bank (no payroll filled through the drive through, no more than 3 transactions, have your transaction ready, etc.).

Actually I beg to differ. Why on earth would you expect a parent to get out of their car with multiple children in tow, to go INSIDE to order food to go??? And no I don't have young children now.

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/03/05 08:36 PM

Why is a parent with multiple children in tow not just making one fast order?

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/03/05 09:51 PM

Doesn't really matter if they are or not. Anon said they just did NOT go through the drive thru anymore. But as you know when you have children...NOTHING is fast Michael! Takes them forever to figure out what they want.
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/03/05 09:56 PM

Quote:

Doesn't really matter if they are or not. Anon said they just did NOT go through the drive thru anymore. But as you know when you have children...NOTHING is fast Michael! Takes them forever to figure out what they want.

Sure does, when our boys were young there were actually times we just went home to make PPJ's cause neither boy could make up their mind on what they wanted!!!!

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/03/05 10:20 PM

I prefer the drive ups (and pay at the pump) so I don't have to drag the baby out of her carseat. She can't stand or walk yet and since I don't have 3 arms, I can't pay and hold her at the same time very effectively

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/03/05 10:27 PM

Quote:

I prefer the drive ups (and pay at the pump) so I don't have to drag the baby out of her carseat. She can't stand or walk yet and since I don't have 3 arms, I can't pay and hold her at the same time very effectively

S hame on us all...hehehe
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/04/05 06:12 AM

Many banks have a transaction limit on their Drive-thru service. How would that be different than the transaction limit at the Fast Food place?

As someone else pointed out, many times the fast food order clerk isn't allowed any flexibility, and may even get in trouble if they refer too many customers to the manager. They are expected to enforce the manager's policy. Don't like the policy, the go inside, tell the manager, and if they don't change, find a different venue for your patronage.
Spoken by someone who had a very frustrating fast food job during teenage years that included a very lazy j-rk for a manager ....

To shift gears a bit, some of my fav's are:

Dumb as a box of hair.
A few grapes shy of a fruit salad.
Couldn't hit the Exacta in a Match Race.
SS...DD Same s..t, Different day.

And.... I'm just a mushroom. They keep me in the dark and feed me bulls--t.
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/04/05 06:22 AM

And here's a few more to liven this thread:

All foam, no beer.
The cheese slid off her cracker.
Body by Fisher, brains by Mattel.
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.
He fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.
An intellect rivaled only by garden tools.
As smart as bait.
Chimney's clogged.
Slinky's kinked.
Surfing in Nebraska.
Her sewing machine's out of thread.
His antenna doesn't pick up all the channels.
His belt doesn't go through all the loops.
If she had another brain, it would be lonely.
Missing a few buttons on his remote control.
No grain in the silo.
Proof that evolution CAN go in reverse.
Receiver is off the hook.
Several nuts short of a full pouch.
Skylight leaks a little.
A few peas short of a casserole.
Doesn't have all her cornflakes in one box.
The wheel's spinning, but the hamster's dead.
One Fruit Loop shy of a full bowl.
A few feathers short of a whole duck.
24 cents short of a quarter.
A few clowns short of a circus.
An experiment in Artificial Stupidity.
Doesn't know much but leads the league in nostril hair.
Forgot to pay her brain bill.

And a whole bunch more at:
http://www.story-lovers.com/listsstupidsayings.html

http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/88q3/13889.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A711190

http://seniors-site.com/funstuff/dumblist.html
(...LOL.....Took the Pepsi Challenge & chose Jif!)

Re: Here's your sign.....(***rant?***) - 01/04/05 03:14 PM

Quote:

Not my kids! I ask do you want "X" they say yeah, that's what I want! Now, if I asked do you want Y instead? they would take that and be excited. Go figure, you'd swear they never had anything before I adopted them.