Am I a Hermit?

Posted By: thomasj

Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 02:29 AM

Just today I realized that I have not left the "compound" since Christmas Day. I am on vacation all week and have only made trips to take out the garbage, take some stuff to the garage, and check on the vacant rental property next door.

I have been playing games with the kids, watching movies, cooking meals, and straightening up the house. Kind of a nice change from the four Christmas parties in 2 weeks and last minute shopping trips!

I am getting somewhat concerned about the length of my hair and beard as well as my toenails and fingernails but I will deal with that on Sunday......oh wait the Steelers are playing........................
Posted By: Citrus

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 03:37 AM

According to Dictionary.com, a hermit is

"A spiced cookie made with molasses, raisins, and nuts."

I imagine that would be you.

Everyone needs to enjoy a little down time! Don't leave until you have to!
Posted By: JacF

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 04:12 AM

That sounds like the ideal Christmas vacation to me!
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 04:32 AM

But it is warming up here in PA so you may be tempted to slip outside and stay a while! But don't go far.

I hope next year I can take this week off. I get the OCC the first week of January every year. Not fair.
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 11:19 AM

Sounds pretty healthy to me. Note that, as you age, you may evolve from a hermit into a crumudgeon. I find that highly enjoyable.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 12:58 PM

Thomasj, you sound like you are having my perfect vacation as well!
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 02:29 PM

If your username was hermanj, I'd be concerned about your hermit status. Since you're thomasj, I'm doubtful.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 02:56 PM

How could you be a hermit. You have the world at your finger tips and you are here.
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 03:05 PM

Quote:

How could you be a hermit. You have the world at your finger tips and you are here.

I guess it is kind of hard to be a hermit with a broadband connection!
Posted By: Bones

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 03:29 PM

I wish I were in your shoes. I would love to be a hermit right about now.
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 06:31 PM

Quote:

oh wait the Steelers are playing........................

You got my attention with the Steelers statement, according to my husband you need to watch a Steelers Game with other fans!!! A good reason to go outside if ever I heard one. My down time is very important to me but a Steeler game can cut into that anytime, especially this with "BEN" playing. Got my BIG BEN hat and family and friends to watch the game with, what could be better????
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 07:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You got my attention with the Steelers statement, according to my husband you need to watch a Steelers Game with other fans!!! A good reason to go outside if ever I heard one. My down time is very important to me but a Steeler game can cut into that anytime, especially this with "BEN" playing. Got my BIG BEN hat and family and friends to watch the game with, what could be better????

Once again, I must state loudly and unequivocally that I HATE THE FACT THAT THE ENEMY DRAFTED MY MAN BEN! Go Bengals!

That being said, Big Ben better get the Steelers to the Super Bowl and win it this year!
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 07:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Once again, I must state loudly and unequivocally that I HATE THE FACT THAT THE ENEMY DRAFTED MY MAN BEN! Go Bengals!

That being said, Big Ben better get the Steelers to the Super Bowl and win it this year!

AMEN!!! I am originally from Greensburgh, Indiana, not too far up the road from Cinci but after nearly 35 years of marriage to a Steeler fanatic - - - well you know how it goes!!! Only problem with a superbowl for the Steelers is that my husband will want to go and $$$$$$$$!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Am I a Hermit? - 12/30/04 07:33 PM

Quote:

Just today I realized that I have not left the "compound" since Christmas Day. I am on vacation all week and have only made trips to take out the garbage, take some stuff to the garage, and check on the vacant rental property next door.

I have been playing games with the kids, watching movies, cooking meals, and straightening up the house. Kind of a nice change from the four Christmas parties in 2 weeks and last minute shopping trips!

I am getting somewhat concerned about the length of my hair and beard as well as my toenails and fingernails but I will deal with that on Sunday......oh wait the Steelers are playing........................

Hehe, we'll have to start calling you Howard Hughes....