SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS

Posted By: E.E.G.B

SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 01/13/05 08:18 PM

OK, here we go. This is what I've come up with so far.

Survivor 10 - airs Feb 17, one hour premiere. (Wickedly Perfect moves to Saturdays.)

First episode starts with 20 people and ends with 17. 2 don't even make it to the first challenge. Speculation is that they start out as 1 tribe. Then race to camp (perhaps in teams of 2). 2 people get majorly lost and either freak & quit right away or are eliminated when they do arrive. Then the remaining 18 are divided into 2 tribes of 9 each, with the normal Tribal Council at the end and someone sent home.

Tribes are Koror and Ulong. One is a stingray motif and one is a shark motif. The stingray team has brown buffs and the shark team has green buffs. Merge is blue buffs.

There's spec that there will be a lot of references to WWII history or themes.

Cast:

Angie
Coby
Ian
Jolanda
Jen
Ibrehem
Tom
Stephanie
Willard
Wanda
Caryn
Gregg
Jeff
James
Kimberly
Katie
Jonathan
Jenny
Bobby
Ashlee

Cast data available at www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10

Seriously TALL people in this game - one of the guys is like 6'7" and there are a couple others that are over 6 foot.

Caryn is seen as a probable early boot.
Ashlee is also seen as a probable early boot.
Angie seen as a pre-merge boot.
Coby and Ibrahem look to go pretty far.
Posted By: Clown Boy

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 01/13/05 08:52 PM

Where would we be without your survivor knowledge EGB??
My wife hates the fact that I can go home and already know what is going to happen but I make her watch the whole show instead of telling her.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 01/13/05 09:24 PM

Buddy, I do the same thing to my wife and she cannot stand it. Thanks EGB!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 01/13/05 09:46 PM

LOL. I live to serve.
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 01/13/05 10:13 PM

Quote:

LOL. I live to serve.

Live to serve or live to watch Survivor?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 01/13/05 10:15 PM

I think that she lives to watch Survivor, but lives to serve her fellow bankers.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/14/05 08:02 PM

Info for this week:

All 20 castaways are put into a lifeboat in their street clothes. They must row to a campsite and then jump overboard. They build a hut. But don't get comfy gang, it ain't over yet.

Day 2, there is a competition. This competition yields 2 winners, who then pick their teams. The last 2 people don't get assigned to a team, they get sent home. Wanda is one of them, Jeff is likely the other.

The immunity challenge is multistage and involves both strength and balance. The Koror tribe (brown or green, I forget which) wins and the blue team goes to Tribal council.

The boot is likely to be Jonathan, with Jolanda an alternate choice.

(You can see things have changed since the initial data was coming out, obviously.)

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/16/05 10:02 PM

Breaking News - Jolanda for the boot.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/17/05 02:18 PM

I have Coby on our office pool. I hope he goes to the final 3!!!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/17/05 10:23 PM

Jeff’s introductory message to the players: “Just behind you... that beach is your new home. Waiting for you, you will find: two machetes, one map to water. Along with the most valuable thing in this game, immunity. There are two immunity necklaces, one for the first woman, one for the first man who can get to shore and claim them. You are all on your own, it is your choice. But I suggest you make a decision, and start acting now, because this game is on."

The 20 contestants row to their beach. Meanwhile, Probst jets in on his own private speedboat. As the Survivors reach shore and see the necklaces, Stephenie dives in, followed by Jonathan. Soon the whole lot of them are jumping ship. This culminates in a race to the beach, with Jolanda barely edging Jennifer. For the men, the winner must be Ian. Jolanda and Ian are "team captains," who get to pick first in the later tribal selection.

The contestants set about fixing up a camp. Finding water, building a crappy shelter, the usual. Ibrehem, Stephenie, et al. hack off their long pants to make shorts. Relaxation ensues.

Eventually, Probst will come back, take everyone on a hike, and hold a pick'em selection to make two tribes. It's not clear whether they split up into separate tribes on day one, day two, or what. Late day one seems likely. Two get dumped, the rest form two tribes (blue, brown). Ulong consists of Angie, Ashlee, Jolanda, Kim, Stephenie, Bobby Jon, Ibrehem, James and Jeff. Koror is Caryn, Janu, Jennifer, Katie, Coby, Gregg, Ian, Tom and Willard. Wanda and Jonathan are outta there.

Palau's first immunity challenge is an incredibly difficult half-mile obstacle course that involves climbing over, under and through many wooden barriers, and carrying an ammo box on a stretcher through it all. For a challenge that will last two or three minutes on TV, this one takes the winning team 20 minutes to complete. KOROR to win.

BOOT: Jolanda. She’s a world-class athlete, who Probst describes as "imposing" and "intimidating" (at least until she disarms you with a smile). The difference between Jolanda and the strong men of Ulong is that CBS has played up the flirting/sex appeal intentions of the men (Bobby Jon, Ibrehem and Jeff), which should keep them around. Jolanda is older, and a mom (albeit a single one). She’s not likely to be too interested in the raging hormones of her tribemates, thus keeping her out of the loop, and making her a target.
Posted By: RUNSWITHSCISSORS

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/17/05 10:26 PM

Thanks for the info. I have to go to a benefit dinner tonight and hope to get home for the second half of the show.
Posted By: KSK

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/18/05 02:23 PM

OK last night was interesting. I was surprised that Jonathon didn't get selected and Wanda being left behind was indeed the right choice. I'd go totally bonkers with her Ethel Merman impersonations. There are some odd people this go 'round. Angie was sweatin' it saying that she doesn't fit in - well let's think about that for a moment - hummmm could there be a reason ---

As for voting off Jolanda, I don't think that was the brightest move, she was definitely a powerful personality, but none-the-less a strong and physical asset for the tribe.

Could be a good season. I hope that the producers keep things turned upside down a little bit and not so predictable.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/18/05 03:00 PM

Wacky Wanda and her singing!! I am glad she is gone. Sad to see John go, he was a hunk!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/18/05 03:05 PM

Do you think they might be keeping the early boots in a remote location to bring back a third tribe of losers? They did that once before, remember. Just think of how many songs Wanda could make up for the grand reunion! My ears hurt just thinking about it!!
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/18/05 04:52 PM

I wouldn't have wanted to be the person to pick the last person. That would be difficult. I wasn't sure about the people getting the first immunity, they may have targeted themselves. I didn't care for Jolanda from the beginning...way to bossy. Glad she is gone.

The brown troop (can't remember their name) sure pulled together and proved themselves.

This could be a better season than the last!
Posted By: dalejrfanatic

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/18/05 05:09 PM

What a great beginning to this season of Survivor. I was very happy to see jolanda gone.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/19/05 02:37 AM

I very much doubt they'll ever do a ghost tribe again. EVERYONE - audience and players - hated it. MB ain't dumb, he learns.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/21/05 03:38 PM

Quote:

I very much doubt they'll ever do a ghost tribe again. EVERYONE - audience and players - hated it. MB ain't dumb, he learns.

I liked it!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/22/05 03:03 PM

Spoilers for this week:

Reward Challenge - Gauntlet Dash. Swinging sacks threaten to knock contestants off balance beams and spinning barrels. Reward is fishing gear. Leaning towards Ulong win.

Immunity Challenge - Diving Deep - Swim out to marked spots, dive, pull up things. Potentially pieces of a puzzle to be re-assembled on shore. Koror win.

Boot - Jeff or James?
Posted By: BBoyd

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/22/05 06:40 PM

Quote:

Wacky Wanda and her singing!! I am glad she is gone. Sad to see John go, he was a hunk!!

I missed the ending - did they have all 3 come back to say their goodbyes, or just Jolanda? Wanda was a surefire boot from the beginning, but John? That was really unfortunate....
Posted By: mfc9

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/23/05 03:47 PM

Just Jolanda. You never saw the other two again.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/24/05 07:57 PM

Looks like Jeff for the boot. James and Ashlee still on the potential list but go with Jeff for now.
Posted By: RandomName

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/24/05 09:27 PM

Quote:

Looks like Jeff for the boot.

Probst is getting the hook? Man...the game really HAS changed...

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/24/05 09:40 PM

Thanks EGB, looks like a good show per pre-views.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/24/05 10:21 PM

Breaking News: Ashlee for the boot.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/24/05 10:24 PM

Quit that...EGB!!!!

I love the spoilers you give and knowing or expecting the outcome to be what you post. Sometimes you have been informed incorrectly. But I still enjoy the spoilers.
Posted By: Just Suzy

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/24/05 10:39 PM

I hope it is Ashley. I have Jeff in the office pool! How in the world do you find out this stuff! I told the pool that Jolanda was going to be the boot and now they think I'm psychic.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 02:09 PM

I am glad she is gone. "I'm just not hungry" until she gets sick or tired from not eating. Even though they asked her to eat something for strength. It's not a weight loss plan!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 02:22 PM

Good show last night. Does anyone else think Kim and Jeff are dumb as dirt? I think I like James the best - so far! He is a hoot.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 02:30 PM

Kim and Jeff? Can anyone say Amber and Rob all over again? If they're not broken up, watch out.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 02:38 PM

The ultimate survivor has to be Tom. What would his team do without him. Holding his breath and pulling the trunk most of the way. I hope he doesn't get voted off and stays for most of the game.

Jeff and Kim...total Rob and Amber. I think the rest of the teammates have figured that out and it is a matter of time and Kim will be gone. They don't appear to be very smart.

The girl with all the tatoos....she really proved herself in the reward challenge. Good for her.

I am liking the show better than the last series. The people are more interesting.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 03:01 PM

The Tatoo lady though, needs to find a shirt!
Posted By: Buddy the Elf

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 03:20 PM

Quote:

And some shorts! Her bikini bottoms are just too small. It's really hard to watch her run!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 03:57 PM

Croak, I'm so with you on the shorts! My husband and I were commenting like 3 times on that. I like her but put some clothes on sista!
Posted By: Patsy Cline

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 07:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

And some shorts! Her bikini bottoms are just too small. It's really hard to watch her run!

Oh my gosh! I thought the same thing! Didn't she consult with anyone prior to the show to get an opinion... like an honest friend. The top and bottom are both way too small!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 07:51 PM

Hey, I kinda liked what Angie was wearing...
If I had my way everyone would be wearing clothing that skimpy...

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 07:51 PM

Good show last night. Kim needs to be kicked off next. I don't want to see her getting away with doing nothing all the time. And Tattoo Lady does need some shorts for sure.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/25/05 08:29 PM

What happened to the clothes she was wearing on the boat? Don't care for her outfit and think it is a bit small...butt...she may be comfortable with herself.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/26/05 12:18 AM

those were the tattoo ladies undies..not bathing suit!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/26/05 05:43 AM

If I remember right, they weren't really told anything - so that must be what she normally wears as undies. They didn't bring anything but the clothes on their backs. Wouldn't you think by now the contestants would be into layering when they start out?! I'm wondering what will happen when/if one of those side strings snaps.....perish the thought!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/26/05 12:53 PM

Correct, she's running around in her underwear. Not a sight for family tv, yoiks!

I think Ashlee was probably a good choice to go, she was just becoming a lump. But they need to break up Kim & Jeff sooooooon, they should learn from past shows.

So far I'm liking Tom, Ian and Stephenie.
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/26/05 05:13 PM

Quote:

I'm wondering what will happen when/if one of those side strings snaps.....perish the thought!

I'm having a visual . . . make it go away

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/28/05 02:01 PM

Quote:

So far I'm liking Tom, Ian and Stephenie.

You're liking them as in your inside information is liking them to win!! (I hope so I have Steph in the office pool!). Or you personally just like them?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 02/28/05 02:10 PM

No, I personally like them. I haven't done enough research to know what the inside scoop on them is.

However, a little birdie says the "couple" of Jeff & Kim won't last beyond this week's show. I'll come back with more data when I have time!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/02/05 07:44 PM

Spoilers for this week:

Reward Challenge - Tribes race into the water and retrieve life preservers. Seems to be an initial free-for-all but develops into one-on-one battles. Comes down to a final face-off between Jenn (the nanny, thick braided hair) vs Stephenie (very athletic, 6-pack, dark hair.) Can't see Steph losing this one. Ulong wins.

Immunity Challenge: Hot Pursuit. We saw previews of this one already. Tribe members are roped together and each carries a 25 pound backpack. Tribes start on opposite sides of a large circle in knee-deep water and try to catch each other. Very grueling! As a tribe member wears out and quits, they must hand their pack off to someone else. Jeff quits this challenge because he's hurt his foot and hands his back pack off to a woman. (This is important.) Koror wins, again.

Boot: Looks to be Jeff. People are worried about their little alliance, and his performance in the challenge peeves his tribemates. It could be Kim-possible but looks like Jeff.

Will update tomorrow if I hear differently!
Posted By: Citrus

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/05/05 12:52 AM

If it hadn't been for hobbling Jeff, Kim would've been gone. Either way, the snugglers now must sleep alone. (Except Jeff will have a warm bed!)

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/07/05 05:16 PM

I liked last week's episode. The IC was totally radical, man! And Steph rocked the house.

And in the RC, that Angie was one hell of a fighter.
Posted By: Sunrider

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/07/05 06:50 PM

Read that Jeff had surgery on the ankle right after he was voted off.

Angie kicks butt! Too bad we are seeing almost all of her's. Her team even won the materials to make clothes and she is still in he string bikini underwear (that are too small). I'm pulling for her though!

Steph is a hoss. I would totally date her (if I was not happily married). She can defiantely take care of herself. Too bad she is n a tribe with a bunch of wimps.

I'm also impressed by Ian. Knowing Tom is a firefighter makes it easy to understand how he did so well in the IC, but Ian is a scrawny guy who keeps impressing me with his athletic prowess!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/07/05 07:05 PM

I'm going for Angie too... and I don't mind her outfit...

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/07/05 07:32 PM

I just started watch this show. I don't understand why everyone is running around in underwear. Why don't they have some clothes. I understand they came in their street clothes but what happen to those street clothes. I'm especially curious about tattoo girl "Angie" were are her clothes?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/07/05 08:04 PM

Most of them cut their skits or pants to make them shorted and more comfortable. I forget what Angie was wearing when the show started.

I gues most of the women look at their bras as being the same as a bikini top anyway (Steph, Angie etc.)

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/07/05 09:51 PM

Spoilers for this week:

Reward Challenge - Home Depot brings you the "Build a Better Outhouse" latrine building challenge. How's that for glamour, eh? Ulong to win.

Immunity - Sumo at Sea. Pillow fighting on platforms. Reminds me of the one - Survivor Outback? - where they had to battle on the log with long sticks, a la Robin Hood & Little John. Probably Koror win, per the usual pattern.

Boot - likely to be Kim.

Anyone watching The Contender tonight? I adore Sly so I will try to remember to turn it on.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/11/05 04:22 PM

When I got home last night, I realized I hadn't read any spoilers for this week.

Last night again proved to be a good show. Kororo is sure doing good. Unstoppable. I bet Karen will be the first one voted off.

I wonder if they will merge next week.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/11/05 04:41 PM

They have to do something to even out the teams, that's for sure. I laughed so hard when the redneck guy got his butt wupped by the homosexual guy and then tried to explain why gays are strong....

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/11/05 05:12 PM

Oooooh, early spoilers are interesting on this one. And don't forget, Survivor is on WEDNESDAY next week due to basketball (and Apprentice is probably a recrap episode.)

Looks like the Reward Challenge will give someone or the winning team a chance to affect the other team - by removing one of their players. Permanently.

It also seems to be a double boot episode with no immunity challenge.

Current spec is that Willard and..... I forget who else... are gone. BRB.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/11/05 05:15 PM

Angie. Willard and Angie for the boot. A little disappointed if it is Angie, she's been a tough player after the initial week.

It may be something like "You can boot someone off the other team if you also send one of your own home." Willard is a good choice to go, he just really doesn't seem to bring much to the table. (Janu would also be a good choice.)

I'll keep you posted on what I hear between now and Weds.
Posted By: river girl

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/11/05 05:55 PM

How come we never hear from Ibreheam (I'm sure I spelled his name wrong) at tribal council?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/11/05 08:15 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Also, we finally heard from Willard and NEVER hear from Jenn and some other Koror members. I know there is aonly so much time and that Ulong's loosing it the focus right now, but that seems strange to me.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/11/05 09:18 PM

Remember that what we see is only a tiny portion of Tribal Council, and the editors pick & choose what we're shown. From interviews with past cast members, TC usually runs at least 2 hours - we see maybe 15 minutes if it's an important one, and usually closer to 5 minutes. So if they're not showing stuff from certain people, it's because it's not deemed to move the story line along. Or else MB is hiding something major. Take your pick, depending on how paranoid you are.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/15/05 03:22 PM

EGB - What's this week?!?! I love your spoilers!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/15/05 05:05 PM

See "early spoiler notes" above for most of the data. Reward challenge details - appears to be diving for white floating objects, bring them to the surface, then some sort of rope-pulling exercise, maybe hauling the small collection dock back to the large, stand-around on dock. Koror to win, of course. Still looks like Willard & Angie for the boot.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/16/05 03:02 PM

Don't forget, Survivor is on TONIGHT. Still looks like Willard & Angie for the boot.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/16/05 06:12 PM

I am gonna be angry if Angie gets the heave-ho. She's been fightin' hard and it would be a shame to see a pretty competent competitor like her get evicted.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/16/05 08:36 PM

I agree, I like Angie as well.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/16/05 08:38 PM

They better not boot Angie! Everyone else wears far to much clothing!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/17/05 02:00 PM

I am very happy with the outcome. Willard wasn't carrying his weight. Not because of his age in my opinion, just because he wasn't doing his part for the tribe. Angie was just not that much fun to watch. Falling out of her top didn't get her any points either.
Posted By: Tiger Fan

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/17/05 02:25 PM

I agree with Willard, but I think Angie was a mistake. She was kicking b*&@ in the challenges. What surprised me was the two votes for Bobby John and only one vote for James. What were they thinking??? I think if James had the two votes, Angie would have stayed and James would have been voted off.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/17/05 02:58 PM

They were totally taken by surprise with the immunity going to their sacrificial lamb and concensus choice to boot, and given no time to discuss it.

Interesting twist.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/17/05 03:27 PM

So Angie's gone? I missed that and someone told me at work that Bobby John was voted off.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/17/05 03:37 PM

GOOD GRAVY THEY BETTER NOT VOTE BOBBY JON OFF. (They didn't. It's Angie. And Willard.) Bobby Jon is ummmm easy on the eyes.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/17/05 06:54 PM

LMAO EGB, thanks for the info! My co-worker must be clueless, I specifically asked him if it was Angie and he said no, bobby jon. Hmmm. Maybe he was drinking.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 02:56 PM

Spoilers for next week (another Weds show)

RC - Some kind of water challenge. Teams line up with boxes of the other team at their feet. 2 people into the water at a time and that's about all I know. Koror to win. Pringles and Procter & Gamble products as a reward.

IC - Shooting challenge featuring WW2 weapons. Shoot at flags. Koror to win again.

JAMES for the boot.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 03:37 PM

Ok, EGB, tell us, will Koror ever lose? Or will the entire Ulong tribe be decimated and no merge needed this season?
Posted By: Buddy the Elf

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 03:39 PM

Some of the spoilers I read indicated that Koror does not lose a single immunity challenge. If I remember correctly, Stephenie is the only left from Ulong at the merge.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 03:41 PM

Quote:

Some of the spoilers I read indicated that Koror does not lose a single immunity challenge. If I remember correctly, Stephenie is the only left from Ulong at the merge.

I don't know how they can go to tribal council with 2 of them left for Steph to be the last left from Ulong... but I can't see that tribe making a comeback as depleted and mentally beaten as they are. Steph is the ONLY one left on the team who thinks she can win.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 04:15 PM

I haven't been reading very far ahead but Croaker's data sounds good to me. Although I will be VERY disappointed if/when Bobby Jon leaves. Hubba hubba. Steph's cool though, I wouldn't mind seeing her do well.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 04:16 PM

Quote:

I haven't been reading very far ahead but Croaker's data sounds good to me. Although I will be VERY disappointed if/when Bobby Jon leaves. Hubba hubba. Steph's cool though, I wouldn't mind seeing her do well.

If CubDave can dream about the blond neighbor on Joey and I'm dreaming about the Trcia Helfer from Battlestar Galactica, you can hubba hubba at Bobby Jon

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 04:22 PM

Quote:

I have to agree with EGB, he's definitely eye candy. He just ruins it when he starts to talk

(ok, I know that was mean. . . he's a hard worker, but doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb on the tree.)

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 04:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have to agree with EGB, he's definitely eye candy. He just ruins it when he starts to talk

(ok, I know that was mean. . . he's a hard worker, but doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb on the tree.)

*GASP* What would Han say?!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 04:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

*GASP* What would Han say?!

He pretty much just rolled his eyes at me - then said what a hottie Stephanie is

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/18/05 05:25 PM

Bobby Jon doesn't have to talk, he just has to stand there and look good. Preferably without a shirt.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/21/05 02:00 PM

Quote:

Steph's cool though, I wouldn't mind seeing her do well.

Me either! I have her in the office pool.
Posted By: doosmom

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/22/05 04:24 PM

okay....first of all I am sooooo glad I saw this....silly me, I was looking for help with a paperless CIP! I have been trying to read all of the posts so maybe I missed it, but, EGB, where are you getting all your spoiler info from? I love it! Survivor! one of those weekly things (while it's on) at our home that is sorta religious. We cried (real tears) when Rupert was voted off and again when he won the million. I won't try to convince you that I am a devoted fan, but I really would like to know how you get all of the inside info.

and about Steph....way too much eye rollin' to get my vote.
and about Bobby Jon...he is a hotty but I can do without the aw, shucks, I am just a good ole' boy act. It is an act, right?
Glad Angie is gone....Drama Queen.
Glad old lawyer is gone......

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/22/05 04:26 PM

Quote:

and about Steph....way too much eye rollin' to get my vote.

Are you saying you wouldn't roll your eyes at the crap her team has produced? At the sexism of Bobby Jon and James?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/22/05 05:12 PM

yeah, you are probably right....And I would be sick to death of it, too. Something about her just kinda rubs me the wrong way!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/22/05 05:24 PM

Quote:

yeah, you are probably right....And I would be sick to death of it, too. Something about her just kinda rubs me the wrong way!

Could it be that she looks so damned good walking around a beach in her bra with a great tan?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/22/05 06:16 PM

I get my info from a couple of different places. I've been living in spoilerdom since I think S3? So I kind of have a feel for which sources are worth checking and which aren't. Survivor News is a good one, as is Survivor Sucks. You have to weed through a lot and know who's credible and who's not, though.

Random Name has some good sources too, I think he mostly reads Television Without Pity?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/22/05 10:33 PM

Yeah, when I'm feelin' like it's Spoiler Time, I typically hit Television Without Pity and go to the spoiler thread in their Survivor forum. People there do a lot of web hunting and eagerly present their findings from eleventy hundred different sources. They're typically not so discerning as EGB, though.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/23/05 01:41 PM

OK EGB What is going to happen tonight? It is on tonight right? I count on you so that I can make everyone at work think I know what I am talking about!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/23/05 02:45 PM

Bit of a changeup for tonight. The challenges are swapped from what I had before.

RC - This is where they'll be firing paintball replicas of WW2 weaponry. Koror to win. Reward is Pringles and Procter & Gamble products.

IC - Each team gets rope and a box with the other team's flags in tree mail. Their instructions are to tie up the box so the other team won't be able to get into it. They arrive at the challenge and find boards floating out in the ocean about 50 feet. Teams are to swim out, get the boards, bring them back, then build a trap around the other team's flag box that they brought with them from camp. After a certain period of time, Jeff calls time and they swap sides to see if they can break into the other team's trap and rescue their own box. Whoever is first to get into the box and hang their flags wins. Koror to win again.

Still James for the boot.

And I verified what Croaker had - it does look like Steph is the only Ulong to make the merge. The thread that has the good stuff is 186 pages long though so I don't know that I'll be able to dig through it all any time soon.
Posted By: Zamboni Driver

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/23/05 03:06 PM

If Steph is the only one to make it to the merge, it's too bad. I don't see her lasting very long - the Koror folks will vote her out at the first opportunity. Too bad - she's the only Ulong member I like.

ZD

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/23/05 03:26 PM

I think Tom will befriend Steph and help keep her in the tribe. She has proven herself in many of the challenges. Tom and Ian will need a strong alliance in order to get further once a merge occurs. In the past it seems like the lazies gather together, form an alliance and vote off the strong ones. The next couple of weeks should have some good twists and turns especially if they merge.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/23/05 03:39 PM

Well if Steph is the only one to make the merge, logically that means they don't merge for another 3 weeks, unless there's another week with a double elimination. (James to go tonight, then Ibrehem and Bobby Jon - not necessarily in that order.) Should be an interesting series.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/23/05 04:01 PM

At least two people have to join the other tribe at the merge. How can two people vote one out without a tie that can only be broken randomly? I would have to believe that after the tribe votes out member #3 and there are two there is a merger and either Ibrehem or Bobby Jon are voted off first after the merger.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/23/05 06:00 PM

With as many twists they've given us this season, I wouldn't be surprised if, once Ulong is down to 2, Koror is allowed to choose who survives.

Based on past seasons, it would make more sense that Ulong is left with 2 - that would make 10 at the merge. Steph may be the one who survives the first vote and makes it to the jury.

Whatever it is - I am looking forward to it. This has been a great seaons.

ZD

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/24/05 01:48 PM

What did everyone think?
Posted By: TB 12

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/24/05 01:52 PM

I think Stephanie sealed her fate by voting for Ibraheim (pardon the spelling) first, then James. She was lucky enough to have pulled one over on Bobby Jon once, not going to happen again. James definately deserved the boot. So much for his Navy knot.
Did they really only get one can of Pringles? Seemed kind of lame. I love all the twists this season.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/24/05 02:42 PM

Quote:

I think Stephanie sealed her fate by voting for Ibraheim (pardon the spelling) first, then James. She was lucky enough to have pulled one over on Bobby Jon once, not going to happen again. James definately deserved the boot. So much for his Navy knot.
Did they really only get one can of Pringles? Seemed kind of lame. I love all the twists this season.

Did Ibrahim, who just showed himself off as being a muslim drink alcohol with his pringles as shown?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/24/05 02:56 PM

Good question, Michael. I dont recall one way or the other (we got a phone call right at that point in the show so I didnt give it complete attention).

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/24/05 04:08 PM

Quote:

My wife and I were discussing this. I THINK, and it is easy since I'm not actually playing the game, Steph and Bobby Jon set it up to tie the first time so that thier alliace was not obvious to Ibrahem. This way, Ibrahem sees it turn out as the expected tie, and then loses James once Steph feels she has no other choice.

Then again, maybe I am reading too much into it.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/24/05 07:24 PM

wow....I wondered why she would pull that AGAIN! It would seem silly...but if her & Bobby Jon made it look that way on purpose...or maybe the heat is getting to her. I dunno, but this is all very exciting....by the way, is Coby getting on anyone elses nerves?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/24/05 08:01 PM

Spoilers for next week:

Reward Challenge - the time-honored "Build an SOS signal". Koror to win. Prize is MREs (meals ready to eat).

Immunity Challenge - virtually no data available at this point, except that there are shots of Ulong looking dejected. Ulong to lose again.

Boot - WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, looks like Bobby Jon. Could be Ibrehim, but stronger likelihood is Bobby Jon. There are web shots of Bobby Jon flailing around (from Episode 2) overwritten with the word "Outplayed", and an immediate cut to Stephenie in confessional saying she's not ready to go home yet.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/31/05 05:56 PM

Any changes EGB?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 03/31/05 06:22 PM

Bump.....
Posted By: Rie A

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/01/05 02:29 PM

My DVR went screwy last night and cut off right after they went to tribal councel. I know that Ib was voted off, from this morning's news, but didn't know if any thing else happened, like they were told whether or not the tribes would finally merge or not.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/01/05 02:32 PM

No word on the merge, just IB saying he was disappointed...I thought ULONG would win, especially when Koror couldnt get the GOT FOOD? fire going.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/04/05 12:13 AM

Reward Challenge- gross food challenge. Looks like Ulong finally wins one!! Although they disagree on how to proceed.

Immunity Challenge - involves swimming, pulling yourself along under a boat using a rope, then working a puzzle. Koror wins, naturally.

But THEN! There is a firebuilding challenge to see who goes and who stays from Ulong. Apparently Steph can build her some fire, because it's goodbye to cute Bobby Jon. (sigh.)

And after that should be the merge.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/04/05 05:12 PM

Man...Koror is the worst tribe ever. Which is odd, 'cuz I've seen tribes that hated each other and that spent most of their time plotting and backstabbing and conniving or flat-out loafing, and none of them did this poorly. What was the deal with these guys?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/04/05 05:33 PM

Koror is the team that has won all the immunity challenges. Do you mean Ulong?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/04/05 05:48 PM

Quote:

Reward Challenge- gross food challenge. Looks like Ulong finally wins one!! Although they disagree on how to proceed.

Immunity Challenge - involves swimming, pulling yourself along under a boat using a rope, then working a puzzle. Koror wins, naturally.

But THEN! There is a firebuilding challenge to see who goes and who stays from Ulong. Apparently Steph can build her some fire, because it's goodbye to cute Bobby Jon. (sigh.)

Man, Steph is going to have some serious social work on her hands trying to stay alive after a merge. She has no allies on the other side, and they are all strong.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/04/05 05:55 PM

I like STeph-she has worked hard and put a lot of the other tribe members to shame. It is amazing how poorly they have done. If the spoiler is right, at least Steph and Bobby Jon have to challenge each other to see who stays and it isnt just pulling a rock to see who stays.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/04/05 07:08 PM

I'm betting that Steph will somehow manage to stick around. As underwhelming as Ulong has been, Stephanie has been impressive. I won't be surprised if she wins the first immunity, then sticks around long enough to impress some people (Kobe, Tom or Ian) to make an alliance. I look for one of the annoying ladies from Koror to be the first member of the jury.

ZD

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/04/05 07:37 PM

Quote:

I'm betting that Steph will somehow manage to stick around. As underwhelming as Ulong has been, Stephanie has been impressive. I won't be surprised if she wins the first immunity, then sticks around long enough to impress some people (Kobe, Tom or Ian) to make an alliance. I look for one of the annoying ladies from Koror to be the first member of the jury.

ZD

You know, I can see Steph getting into an alliance with Tom and Ian now that you mention it. After all, there does seem to be some alliances in the Koror camp. I see the Tom/Ian alliance, the Coby/Janu alliance, the Gregg/Jennifer Alliance. I'm not sure where Caryn and Katie fall, but once there is a merge, I'm sure we will see where those two plus the Ulong Survivor end up. They should give whoever survives Ulong a prize for being "The Last of the Mohicans"
Posted By: KSK

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/07/05 01:30 PM

Quote:

Is this still how you expect events to reveal themselves tonight?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/07/05 01:37 PM

One change - Koror wins the gross food challenge. And we see a setup of conflict between Coby and Tom, which should lead to Coby going home next week.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/07/05 02:01 PM

NNNOOO!!! I have Coby in our office pool. I will be sad.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/08/05 02:58 AM

Bleccchhh - those things must've been hard to swallow. Poor Ulong.... And how scary for Steph?! Things are getting testy in Koror! The upcoming weeks should get a little more exciting!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/08/05 12:43 PM

Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/08/05 01:18 PM

I missed the end, I know Billy Jon lost, but is Steph alone now or did she join Koror? And what did they say during the show, something about Steph is in an alliance with Tom? When did that happen?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/08/05 01:22 PM

She's all by herself.....

The "alliance" conversation was Ian talking to Tom - he's assuming there will be a merge. If not, Steph is DEFINITELY the "survivor"!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/08/05 02:03 PM

Just saw Bobby Jon on tv this morning while I was getting ready. For those of you who miss him because he's cute, he is looking for modeling work in LA.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/08/05 09:20 PM

No evidence of a Reward Challenge. Steph does join Koror, either as a 'captured' player or taken into the tribe. SHots of Steph rowing away from Ulong with her Home Depot box and other goodies. There's some kind of feast at Koror, with Tom over-indulging in rum.

Immunity Challenge - Pole standing or close variant thereof. Steph is clearly visible in the Koror canoe. Tom for the win.

Boot - Coby. Janu distant possibility.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/09/05 08:33 AM

A little advance information...

Looks like it's Janu after Coby, and then Steph, and then Greg and then Caryn. Making F4 Tom, Katie, Ian, & Jen. Supposedly Tom & Katie are F2. I would hope in that case Tom will win, but there are comments that sound like it's Katie.

Episode 12 is letters from home and a luxury trip w/dolphin swim. Greg goes and takes Katie & Jen. Steph does not get to see her dad at this episode. This situation sets up Greg's departure the following week.

Caryn was slated for the boot but wins immunity in a puzzle/folklore challenge.

Steph apparently has a very strong bond with Coby (probably developed at Loser Lodge.) Katie stabs Steph in the back.

The car reward is at F5 and is a red corvette.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/14/05 09:27 PM

Is this still holding true for Survivor predictions?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/14/05 09:34 PM

Still holding up, I checked it about an hour ago.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/14/05 09:43 PM

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the show tonight. We have a side bet on how many times Steph says the word "alone".

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/15/05 01:32 PM

Good show last night. Interesting turn of events in the tribe. I wasn't surprised by Coby's name being on the ballots. Glad to see him and his attitude gone.

It is now a game of survivor! Go Steph!!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/15/05 02:10 PM

Why didn't Coby try harder during the immunity challenge?! He had to know that he was a target. Why didn't ALL of them try harder during the challenge? This tribe has been so under-challenged and over-pampered that they really aren't playing Survivor. It's more like they're camping with their dad (Tom). Katie hasn't even lost any weight. I'd love for Steph to take it all. She's got a lot of guts.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/15/05 02:42 PM

Great point, Aleta Jo. At each challenge, less of them had to participate. Between that and their shark/fish catching, they have been fat and happy. Janu is a waste of a spot. She has done nothing since day 1.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/15/05 04:17 PM

I think that is the impetus behind next week's "abandonment". Koror has become so lazy with all of their success.

I cannot be the only one who thinks Steph is the HOTTEST survivor EVER! Anyone else?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/18/05 01:30 PM

This week's spoilers

Reward Challenge:

Divide into 2 teams. Each must construct a scaffold using metal parts which are floating out in the water and which must be retrieved. Each part weighs about 35 pounds. Once built, team must climb up and retrieve a flag hanging over the water. First group to return to shore with their flag wins. Teams are Greg, Tom, Janu & Caryn vs. Ian, Jenn, Steph & Katie. Greg's group wins. Reward is a local feast with the chiefs. The chiefs talk about native culture, history, traditional dances and chants.

Immunity Challenge:

Stay underwater as long as you can. Tom wins. First person out (not known yet but likely to be Janu) is exiled to live on their own.

Boot:

Janu.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/21/05 07:46 PM

Above re-confirmed. Janu is indeed the first one to quit the IC and will be exiled.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/21/05 07:49 PM

Seems like she's already doing poorly - this could put her over the edge.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/21/05 08:27 PM

Would she get to come back to the tribe? What's the point of isolating them? Is she even on the jury?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/21/05 09:24 PM

I think it's a punishment, more than anything else, and shouldn't last more than a single night. I would think the intent would be that the person would come back an oh-so-humble castaway, and would make more of an effort to contribute. In this case, however, I think it's going to just confirm that she REALLY wants to go home. And of course they will oblige. She will become the next member of the jury.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 12:51 PM

Interesting twist, didn't realize she was going to quit vs. getting booted. I'd say Stephanie was pretty lucky but I felt bad for her. She's my fave but she doesn't have a chance unless she wins immunity. I think Tom is feeling a little guilty too.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 01:04 PM

Agree Pizzazz. She has to win immunity to avoid the boot. She made a great case, and for Janu to say "I got what I came here for"?? What the heck is that-this isnt a find your true self getaway...geeezz....

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 01:08 PM

I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE QUIT. What a waste of a slot. When there are thousands of people out there who would kill to get on the show, for someone to come out there and basically quit on Day 2 (which it sure seems like she did) what is the POINT? What a LOSER. I'm only sorry they didn't boot her instead of Willard, since now she'll have a hand in deciding who the winner is.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 01:22 PM

They should not have let her be on the jury-dont these people watch previous Survivors and have an idea as to what goes on? I am sure it is tougher than you can imagine, but these people who whine all the time, especially those that complain that "so and so lied to me" etc drive me crazy...this isn't Sunday school-it is a game.
Posted By: Tiger Fan

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 01:48 PM

I agree with you. What I think was interesting was how hard Jeff seemed to want her to quit. In my opinion, I think Mark Burnett and the "powers that be" were concerned about her health. Did you see just how thin she looked?? She looked anorexic and she wasn't able to eat much of anything. I think this was their way of getting her off the show without stepping in, IMHO.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 02:05 PM

Quote:

I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE QUIT. What a waste of a slot. When there are thousands of people out there who would kill to get on the show, for someone to come out there and basically quit on Day 2 (which it sure seems like she did) what is the POINT? What a LOSER. I'm only sorry they didn't boot her instead of Willard, since now she'll have a hand in deciding who the winner is.

Janu is such a loser. I'm sorry, but I just can't fathom putting down your own torch unless you are serious injured. It's a million bucks! Besides, she KNEW they weren't going to vote her off for a while. She could have gone deeper, and used the "I'm not a threat" card to stick around to win....

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 02:36 PM

You are right, Michael P...she absolutely could have played it further if she wanted to...just suck it up and do some work around camp so she doesnt stick out too bad, then not being a threat, the others pick each other off...oh well...shows you need brain and some physical strength to win-how many in shape players have there been that just got outwitted?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 02:40 PM

Early spoiler data for next week - Reward is letters from home; Ian wins immunity; Steph gets booted.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 02:43 PM

Quote:

Early spoiler data for next week - Reward is letters from home; Ian wins immunity; Steph gets booted.

Say it isn't soooooooO! Steph is my favorite survivor since Rupert.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 02:45 PM

Didn't Tom and Ian have an alliance with Steph? Really disappointed in Tom. I liked him until he turned on Steph, unless if they had voted last night, maybe he silently would have stuck to his word and not voted for her. I guess we won't know for sure until next week (if they show his vote). Wonder how soon Tom will be voted off for being so strong?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 02:52 PM

Quote:

how soon Tom will be voted off for being so strong?

Not for a loooooooooooong time, if ever. Rumors are he's F2.
Posted By: Lissa P.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 07:40 PM

Quote:

Didn't Tom and Ian have an alliance with Steph? Really disappointed in Tom. I liked him until he turned on Steph, unless if they had voted last night, maybe he silently would have stuck to his word and not voted for her. I guess we won't know for sure until next week (if they show his vote). Wonder how soon Tom will be voted off for being so strong?

I agree completely... I was really disappointed in Tom last night.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 08:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree completely... I was really disappointed in Tom last night.

How can you be disappointed in him for something he didn't do? It's an edited show. They made you think he was going to vote Steph off. It worked. Katie, Jennifer and Gregg were probably voting for Steph. Ian and Tom both "seemed" to be in agreement although both didn't really want to talk about it. Steph was voting for Janu. Now, if Ian and Tom got together with Caryn, and voted for Gregg(or his chickiepoo), they have to vote between Janu, Gregg, and Steph. With Steph realizing now that the target is to break up the Gregg+Jennifer living under a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g. alliance, both she and Janu could have stayed in. Since they didn't vote, you can't assume anything.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 08:16 PM

I agree with Michael-how many times has the pre tribal council footage seemed to reflect player X will get the boot, only for Y to go? It is impossible to know who was going to go for who. It will make for good tv next week though...At this point, you have to do what you have to do. The tribe would be smart to vote Tom out at the next available chance. He is too strong (physically and mentally) to let him hang around.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/22/05 08:44 PM

Quote:

It is impossible to know who was going to go for who.

Well.... maybe for SOME people... ;D (Although I admit, I don't know how the vote would have gone last night. I haven't bothered to research it.)

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/27/05 10:36 AM

Update for tomorrow's show - IC is tossing coconuts to break tiles (the old classic!)

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/27/05 01:20 PM

Quote:

Say it is not so.... I wish Steph would go all the way. (not only because she deserves it and is a strong player, BUT i have her in the office pool!)

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/28/05 07:32 PM

Any updates for tonight, other than the Prez speaking at 830 in the middle of our show????

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/28/05 07:39 PM

Quote:

other than the Prez speaking at 830 in the middle of our show????

Why can't that dufus pick another night to speak!?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/28/05 07:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh the agony, the utter horror! You won't be able to watch a TV show for a night! It couldn't be worse!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/28/05 07:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh the agony, the utter horror! You won't be able to watch a TV show for a night! It couldn't be worse!

Listening to the Dufus is horror enough!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/28/05 08:26 PM

Well the president won't be on my TV. My local stations website said that they won't interrupt survivor for it. YEAH!!!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/28/05 11:43 PM

EXCELLENT for your station! I'm hoping mine will do the same. Gee, his ratings are dropping and the SS reform momentum is losing steam, what a surprise that he picks Thursday night prime time to speak, when they know millions will be tuning in to see Survivor, Apprentice, ER, etc.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/29/05 01:11 PM

Boo hoo...Stephanie is gone. She deserved to be in the F3 but it is a game and she was voted out due to her strength and competitive nature.

I hope Tom keeps going. I think his back is marked. He is the strength of the team.

The next couple weeks will be interesting!!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/29/05 01:17 PM

Saw Steph on the morning news this morning... You know, considering she was the "athletic" girl and not the "beautiful" girl on the show, she's darned fine looking. Of all the women to go on the show, she is my favorite. Tough competitor, smart, and pretty.

Here's to hoping she gets another chance on a second "all-stars" version.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/29/05 01:20 PM

Sorry to see her go. It is funny-when Coby was voted out, he was so proud of himself-he felt that was a sign of his strength and they were worried about him. Couldnt be further from the truth-but that definatley applies to Steph. I like Tom, but that was a golden opportunity to get rid of the strongest member...I think it will bite them in the rear end later.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 04/29/05 01:34 PM

I knew poor Steph was doomed as soon as she didn't win immunity. What does everyone think about Caryn for telling Tom about Katie's plan? On one hand, it didn't make any difference because Tom obviously knows he's marked but on the other hand, Katie's standing in the alliance has probably taken a fatal blow. I can't get a handle on Katie. I can't figure out if she's shrewd or just incredibly lucky.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/05/05 02:42 AM

What's on for THIS week?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/05/05 10:17 AM

Reward challenge - not clear what it is - possibly trivia and losers doused with water. Whatever it is, Greg wins. Reward is time on a fancy yacht and time with your loved ones! IE, the family visit. Think Survivor 1 and Dr Sean's visit with his dad. This time, the winner is Greg and he takes Jen & Katie. This does not endear him to the others (Tom, Ian & Caryn.)

Immunity Challenge - Uber-challenge. Recycled pieces of many previous challenges, including an obstacle course, untying knots and raising a flag, eating balut, and shooting at flags. Tom is likely for the win but it could be Ian as well.

Boot - buh bye Greg.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 03:23 PM

Glad to say good bye to Gregg, never cared for him. Ian is growing on me and I would like to see him and tom in final 2. The look on Jen's face when Gregg was voted off...PRICELESS!!
Posted By: Uncle_Milty

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 03:33 PM

I enjoyed the turn last night, and think Survivor has redeemed itself after the past few seasons. This is a good cast of characters. Tom and Ian are both very deserving, but I don't see either of them sitting back and letting the other get close to the end. Both can win votes from the jury and both are consistent immunity threats. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom/Karen or Ian/Katie (or both) work on Jenn next round to vote out the other strong player.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 03:34 PM

Where do you get your info, Ex-Gov? You were right on the mark!!! That was the most un-emotional family-reunion episode in Survivor history. That segment usually gets me every season, can't hold back the water-works, but not last night, it lacked any joy or true emotional surprise. Hated to see Greg go, but enjoyed the look on Jenn's face!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 03:38 PM

How about previews for next week though between Ian and Katie, he offers to to leave or something? I didn't get it but they were both bawling like crazy. It's a game people and you've only known these folks for like a month, that drives me crazy. I like both Tom and Ian and would like to see one of them win but I know they won't. Katie drives me nuts.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 04:06 PM

Shower with Soap and Hot Water - Priceless
Massage after months on a deserted island - Priceless
Seeing your friends and family while feasting on a boat - Priceless

Getting your butt kicked off because you picked the girls instead of the guys...... PRICELESS

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 05:18 PM

Early spoilers for next week: Car is the reward (as expected.) Red Corvette for Ian!

Immunity challenge - no word yet.

Boot - ordinarily, you'd expect to see Ian go home - the car winner usually does. However, perhaps he wins immunity, because Caryn is gone.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 05:21 PM

Where is Caryn?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 05:28 PM

Gone as in the boot.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 05:54 PM

I thought you meant during the challange. I am glad she is leaving, I don't get a good feeling about her. She is not a nice person in my mind. Plus she isn't any fun to watch and isn't good at the challanges either!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 06:08 PM

Good Bye Greggers!!! I was glad to see him go.

I want either Tom or Ian to win. Would like to see them in the F2.

Neither Katie or Caryn have been strong in the challenges. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see either of them gone.

The next couple of weeks will be interesting!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 06:23 PM

Can someone help me out? Tom and Ian were concerned that if there was a tie between Caryn and Gregg, those 2 would be "safe" and the others picked rocks to see who leaves. Is that new? Are they trying to discourage ties? Why wouldnt the 2 that are tied pick rocks? No more whoever got most votes in prior tribal councils gets the boot?
I am full of questions...is the bar open? Corona with lime please.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 07:25 PM

I don't think Ian makes F2, although there are conflicting rumors about who does.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 08:13 PM

The used this method several seasons ago (maybe someone can help me out on which one), but it was to try and encourage one of the voters to change their vote. So, the tribe votes, there's a tie, Jeff gives his little speech, and they vote again, knowing that if it is a tie again, they may be going home instead of the two getting votes. It would motivate me.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 08:41 PM

I do remember it from a while ago-I think that is how Pascal got the boot. I just didnt remember that it was the non tied people that picked the rocks...certainly is an incentive to break the tie-I guess that is why Ian told katie at the last minute...

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/06/05 09:34 PM

Yeah, it was Pascal, as I recall...he drew the Purple Rock of Death instead of...uh...Neleh?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/07/05 01:16 AM

Yes, it is the Purple Rock of Death ploy from Survivor: Marquesas (S4). Also known as the PROD. Allegedly MB and Jeff have said they won't do the PROD again, but who knows, they do lie. And so every season, people will do anything to avoid the PROD.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/11/05 01:38 PM

Quote:

Early spoilers for next week: Car is the reward (as expected.) Red Corvette for Ian!

Immunity challenge - no word yet.

Boot - ordinarily, you'd expect to see Ian go home - the car winner usually does. However, perhaps he wins immunity, because Caryn is gone.

Confirming above information. Tom wins immunity. One of the challenges, I forget which, is a maze. In the water. I think it's Reward.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 10:31 AM

And so we see how it becomes possible that Katie wins this thing after all. Caryn will NOT vote for Tom and will take her poisonous whispers to the jury, where she's very likely to sway, at a minimum, Coby and Janu. Then when Jen gets the boot, she'll vote Katie and will most likely ensure Gregg does as well. And that's all it takes. Ian and Steph will probably still vote Tom, but that's not enough. Sigh. Too bad because I don't think Katie, with her "you hurt me - now give me a million dollars" deserves to win.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 10:35 AM

Or maybe I'm wrong!!

Spoilers now indicate:

F4 challenge - build a tower of fire, use a zip line to descend. Tom wins, Jen gone.
F3 challenge - endurance, of course. Most likely to involve balance, and standing for long periods. One contestant holds on over 11 hours! Tom wins, Ian gone.
And the prediction is that Tom wins the jury vote! YAY! Now *that* I can live with.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 01:34 PM

Love the spoilers...hope they are right! Tom deserves to win.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 01:38 PM

What the heck was Ian thinking bringing Tom on the joy ride? He had to tap dance his way out of that-looks like it will hurt him.
Posted By: Bullseye

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 01:54 PM

I think Ian wanted the girls to have some "alone" time to get together & decide to vote Tom off. If that would have happened & Ian would have won next week's immunity (which could have happened with Tom gone), he would have been safe from the girls and they would have to start picking each other off.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 02:07 PM

I think Caryn was really silly to pull that at tribal council. I think it cost her the vote. But that is just MHO. I don't really care anymore which one wins, I just love the drama.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 02:41 PM

What I don't get is that Jen voted for Caryn! Her only hope was for the women to vote out the men. Then she could have won immunity. She has pretty much run 3rd in these last challenges. Does anyone get her thought process?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 03:04 PM

I think Jen knew that Katie was sticking with Tom and Ian, so the women v. men was not going to happen. So, she sticks with the majority and hopes to win immunity at the next challenge. It is going to be a good finish.
Posted By: JeloQuen

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 04:36 PM

I would love it if these latest predictions were correct. I'm not sure I could watch another season with a non-deserving winner!
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 06:23 PM

I can see it now: at the Survivor Reunion show, Caryn will be asked "Caryn, are you sorry you opened your big yap at that last tribal council? Have you had a chance to see the tape to see how ridiculously whiny and b****y you sounded?"

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 06:59 PM

I would LOVE it if Tom won, he so deserves it!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand Katie and wasn't going to be very happy if she does, she's very manipulative, especially of Ian.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 07:03 PM

I watched every show, but did i miss something between ian and Katie? They acted like they had been friends since 1st grade, for crying out loud (no pun intended)...
Tom certainly does deserve it-he was able to run the show without being too overbearing...great job. I like Ian too, but I dont think he will get to the end.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS - 05/13/05 07:36 PM

Tom has to continue winning the immunity challenges to stay in the game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 01:32 PM

Ok, am I the only one who thinks Ian was crazy for deciding to just give it up after 11 hours of competing so that he could "have his friends back"?

The dude had only known them less than a month. Are those "friendships" worth a million bucks?
Posted By: Kansayaku

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 01:36 PM

I just thought that he determined that he didn't really stand a chance against Tom in the vote and that it saved face to look as though he were giving the opportunity to Katie, although knowing what most of the people thought about her, he probably knew what would happen to her as well.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 01:37 PM

Quote:

Ok, am I the only one who thinks Ian was crazy for deciding to just give it up after 11 hours of competing so that he could "have his friends back"?

The dude had only known them less than a month. Are those "friendships" worth a million bucks?

I agree...I was so mad, I almost quit watching right then and there. I'm all for integrity, but that was just plain stupid! stupid! stupid! What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 01:37 PM

I agree iwth Kansayaku. He knew he didn't have a chance at the money, so he tried to salvage his pride for after the show. I think it worked too.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 01:41 PM

Agreed-I liked both Ian and Tom, and would have loved to see them state their cases in front of the jury. Not that it matters, but Katie didnt do much to help her cause-she could have made an effort to answer Janu's question (frankly, Janu should not have been there anyway for quitting, but that is another issue). Tom was deserving and played a good, clean game.
Even though Katie stuck with her strategy of riding coat tails, that doesnt play well with the jury...This series was one of the better ones in a while. I hope the next one is as good.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 01:56 PM

I agree, this was one of my favorite suriviors out of them all. I'm very glad Tom won, well deserved! I love watching the reunion show after to see how different they all look. Tom was actually quite handsome (I thought anyway). Stephanie is quite pretty. Bobby Jon was easy on the eyes as well.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 02:32 PM

I must agree that this is one of the better Survivor seasons. Steph was a beautiful version of Rupert in my mind. I got a kick out of she and Jeff's discussion of the number of letters she got, and the newfound male attention she is receiving.... My only question is... NEWFOUND?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 03:15 PM

I thought it was a pretty good show! I thought Tom really fought to the end, and I was impressed with him, at least he was willing to talk about his issues with Ian and put his feelings on the table - he was honest. I couldn't believe Ian hung on for almost 12 hours before deciding to make the deal - I think about 2 hours into it I would have been saying "Ok, you know what...."

The jury questioning was interesting! I guess I didn't realize how many people REALLY disliked Katie at the time. Did she get ANY votes besides Coby's? (And I don't get his reasoning for voting for her against Tom anyway, whatever!) She was a FOOL not to answer Janu's question - even if you don't think you're getting that vote, what about the other people listening who have a vote and who might be swayed one way or the other? DUMB. I expected it after the jury questions but YAY TOM.

The reunion was kind of fun, I guess, not as much fun as it sometimes is. Some people are still delusional about why they got voted out/not picked. (Jonathan and what is her name - Jolanda?)

I think Tom looked better with a beard (and I don't normally like facial hair.) Bobby Jon is definitely hubba hubba material.

Next season should be really good! I have some books on the Maya I bought when we came back from Belize, I'll have to dig those out. I'm not quite sure how MB convinced them to let him live/film in there - those sites are generally SOOOOOOOOOO protected. The Mayans are fascinating though, definitely an advanced civilization.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 03:27 PM

Finally, a deserving survivor wins! Tom played the game with determination from the beginning. He helped his team become the first team to go undefeated in the immunity challenges. I liked Tom from the first show all the way through the last.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 03:33 PM

I enjoy Survivor every season - and this one didn't disappoint. I felt it was a little anti-climactic once Tom won final immunity, it seemed like a given that he would win it all. If memory serves, he is the first Survivor winner that dominated the challenges and also took the final million. He deserved it!! In my opinion, Katie was one of the most insignificant players for all time - I think Gregg had it correct when he called her game "pathetic." I also think Ian blew it - after 11 hours, to just step off is crazy!! I think an Ian/Tom final would have made the voting a little more unpredictable. To me, the best news of the evening was Coby's adoption announcement!! Congrats to Coby and his little Janu! She may have an interesting life ahead of her with that namesake!

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 03:45 PM

I will hand it to Katie for getting to the #2 spot will seeming "pathetic and insignificant". She never got voted out now did she? She played a great game for someone who KNEW she couldn't win the physical battles. Her game was to size up the competition (which she did extremely well) and pick the top two guys and make an early alliance and make sure they didn't waiver from it while she looked at all her options. She avoided all appearances of being any threat at all, and was well fed and cared for. Her game plan worked. Now if only she hadn't offended so many people in doing so....

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 04:21 PM

Thats the key, Bengalsfan. Even though she stuck with her plan, I dont think the jury likes that type of strategy (Amber in All Stars, Clay in Marquesas?). They get there, but doesnt pay off-but i would take 100k....

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 04:25 PM

Well it paid off for Amber.... (But then again, I consider her the Worst.Survivor.Winner.Ever.) It also worked for Vecepia over Neleh, when you'd think Neleh would have gotten the nod for her part in overthrowing the ruling alliance. (Unfortunately for Neleh, the ruling alliance was quite bitter about that.)

However, I do consider this season's winner a nice recovery from icky All Stars.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 04:33 PM

Hey EGB, do you know if they are planning a second All Stars? If so, my vote is for Ian Tom and Steph to be this season's representatives.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 04:51 PM

I don't know if they'll do it. The last one didn't go as well as they had hoped, both in terms of the actual game and in terms of fan support. If they do, it won't be for a long time. I think Steph would definitely have a shot at coming back.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 05:27 PM

I liked it as a change from the normal Survivor. Lets face it, when you know a little more about the other guys/gals on the island/in the swamp/whatever, it changes the way you play the game. There's a lot more of a cerebral edge to it during all stars.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 06:18 PM

Did anyone else hear that all 20 survivors were on the island for 3 days before they chose teams and booted Wanda and John? I ask because Angie said John didnt take time to meet everyone and thats why he wasnt picked. To me, that didnt make sense because the first episode made it seem like they immediatley picked teams and those two left the island, which would not have given him time to meet everyone. One of my coworkers heard they were there 3 days and it was edited to make it look like it happened right off...

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 06:35 PM

Before they ship off to the island, they have a banquet, and travel together to where they are dropped off. There is plenty of time together before the fun begins...

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 08:31 PM

It's always been my understanding that the contestants weren't allowed to speak to one another until they arrived at their final destinations. I vaguely remember that the survivors were on the island one night before they divided into 2 tribes - I'm not positive about this, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't three days. They have immunity challenge and tribal council every three days.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/16/05 08:38 PM

Quote:

I will hand it to Katie for getting to the #2 spot will seeming "pathetic and insignificant". She never got voted out now did she? She played a great game for someone who KNEW she couldn't win the physical battles.

I admire a true player over a slacker every time. Why is it that someone that seems to slide by with no effort "planned" it that way all along? Contrast Stephenie with Katie - a player with heart, soul, and determination to a sloth! But hey, she's $900G in the hole, right?

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/17/05 01:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I will hand it to Katie for getting to the #2 spot will seeming "pathetic and insignificant". She never got voted out now did she? She played a great game for someone who KNEW she couldn't win the physical battles.

I admire a true player over a slacker every time. Why is it that someone that seems to slide by with no effort "planned" it that way all along? Contrast Stephenie with Katie - a player with heart, soul, and determination to a sloth! But hey, she's $900G in the hole, right?

Yes, because her strategy didn't work. Had she not been seen as a huge threat coming into the new camp, she could have stuck around a bit longer. Threats get targeted for the boot unless they have great alliances.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/18/05 04:11 PM

Does anyone know the number of votes Tom got? I don't know that it was shown, or if we really know, since he had a majority.

Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale - 05/18/05 04:19 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know the number of votes Tom got? I don't know that it was shown, or if we really know, since he had a majority.

This question came up in the CBS Early Show and while they didn't really completely clarify, the implication was that Coby's vote was the only one cast for Katie.