hip high in snow

Posted By: Raiderette

hip high in snow - 03/15/05 03:51 PM

What is the weather like where the rest of you live? It has been snowing for two days here. There is like 2 feet of snow and it's still coming. I like snow, but it's March, and just last week, we were wearing shorts. The radio station that we listen to at work even played "let it snow" this morning. Most of the state is closed, and if it's not closed it's delayed (unless it's the bank, we are here for our customers ). BRRRRRR!!!
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: hip high in snow - 03/15/05 04:15 PM

Ours is finally melting. I think we are expecting a couple of flurries this week but then in the 40's next week! I can't wait!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: hip high in snow - 03/15/05 04:35 PM

About a foot now...but I think its melting???
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: hip high in snow - 03/15/05 04:37 PM

There's relief in sight, Saphire! Your storm is moving out of NM and into West Texas - started snowing here about an hour ago. I just hope the ground and air are warm enough to melt it fast!

Re: hip high in snow - 03/15/05 04:44 PM

We had about 3 inches Saturday to add to the piles already on the ground, but it is beginning to melt. Looking for 40 degrees on Thurs, but supposed to snow again on Saturday. Should be interesting since my SIL is coming in for the weekend from Florida. She doesn't own boots anymore since moving.

Re: hip high in snow - 03/15/05 04:56 PM

Quote:

There's relief in sight, Saphire! Your storm is moving out of NM and into West Texas - started snowing here about an hour ago. I just hope the ground and air are warm enough to melt it fast!

Good luck to you then. It's a lot of snow. It's the heavy, wet snow as well. I think it's gonna take awhile for it to melt.
Posted By: Packerette

Re: hip high in snow - 03/15/05 05:47 PM

Saphire and I are having fun watching all the snow fall out of the sky today. It's quite beautiful, but treacherous driving conditions around town. Snow angels anyone??
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: hip high in snow - 03/15/05 06:41 PM

It was 77, hot, sunny, and beautiful yesterday. Today its supposed to drop to 69, cloudy, start a rain pattern that will last all week. This past weekend was gorgeous!
Posted By: Bones

Re: Spring Fever - 03/21/05 10:14 PM

I am so ready for spring weather. We have been blessed this winter to have gotten all the moisture that we did in New Mexico, but I am just ready for warm, sunny weather. We were supposed to get rain today, but I am looking out my window and it is snowing like crazy and cold outside. The snow just melted from last week's storm and here we go again. Where are you SUN???
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Spring Fever - 03/21/05 10:42 PM

SUN is here in TX. 75 today in Dallas! But windy windy windy.
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: Spring Fever - 03/21/05 11:21 PM

No sun, lots of wind and rain. Temp dropping all day, now 48. We need the rain but 60 or 70 would be nice.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Spring Fever - 03/21/05 11:24 PM

8" of snow on Friday. Lots of sun today so it's already turning mushy and yucky out there. But 40s predicted for the whole week. Maybe it'll start to dry out.
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Spring Fever - 03/22/05 02:31 PM

Quote:

8" of snow on Friday. Lots of sun today so it's already turning mushy and yucky out there. But 40s predicted for the whole week. Maybe it'll start to dry out.

Didn't anyone mention that it's SPRING?!
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: Spring Fever - 03/22/05 03:09 PM

Oh its just a beautiful springtime day here today and tomorrow in Waco, site of the economic conference at Baylor U. where President Bush meets with Canadian PM Paul Martin and Mexican President Vicente Fox. By the way, keep going Lady Baylor Bears!!!!!! Sweet 16.

Re: Spring Fever - 03/22/05 04:41 PM

Today is a nice day. We had a few snow flurries this weekend, but I'm hoping that this sunny weather proves to be the real spring and not just a tease. The snow from the storm last week is just about gone.

Re: Spring Fever - 03/22/05 05:36 PM

I got my wish ... the sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky today. Hopefully it will last.

Re: Spring Fever - 03/22/05 07:25 PM

Well you guys sent all the yucky weather here. It is 38 and raining and there is a chance of snow tonight. Did I mention that it was also windy. Brrrrr.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 01:58 PM

Well, yesterday we had massive thunderboomers and tornados. Today it's supposed to be around 80 and sunny. We'll see - its still drizzly right now. (Where is that roofer - he's supposed to come this week and put on the new roof)
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 02:33 PM

Sounds like you are about 2 days behind us, weather-wise. It was pretty nice for us, although windy, after the storms moved through
Posted By: JJohns

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 02:49 PM

Hey, it's March- must be spring high school softball season! Daughter's first game is today, forecast= 40 degrees and miserable. Can't wait to sit & watch. "Take me out to the tundra, take me out to the freeze, buy me a parka and blankets three, wish I could stay home and watch on TV."
WHY can't softball be a fall sport?
Posted By: renniks

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 04:25 PM

The forecast for Massachusetts tonight is for 10 to 12" of heavy wet snow!!!! Mother Nature is not being very kind to the Northeast this year!!!

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 04:53 PM

She's not being kind to many places. It is raining/snowing here again today. Warm yesterday, cold today, warm tomorrow... see the pattern.
Posted By: Tesla

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 05:57 PM

Sadly those of us who love snow - got NONE or very little this year! Due to the crappy warm weather in the UP, this weekend may be the end of snowmobiling season. Oh well, there is always next year...

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 06:06 PM

Spring is here and it's snowing like crazy in SE Michigan. SkiDoo, don't know about the UP but we had record levels of snow this winter down here. And I hear all is well in the Traverse area with lots of snow.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 06:36 PM

5-9 inches coming tonight, March 23. Oh yeah, I'm being extrememly sarcastic, I HATE SNOW!!!!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 06:40 PM

Puerto Rico is looking better and better... If my kid's school has one more delayed opening, I am going to scream!!!

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 06:42 PM

Maria, the kids here are going until June 30th and some school districts have made kids go on Saturdays lately to avoid going to school in July. And, there's talk on the news but all kids returning before Labor Day this year.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 06:50 PM

Geez Pam, that sucks... I haven't heard about any of those sort of changes yet around here. They keep dropping off the holidays and canceling other 1/2 day sesions and making them whole day sessions.

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 07:10 PM

Quote:

5-9 inches coming tonight, March 23. Oh yeah, I'm being extrememly sarcastic, I HATE SNOW!!!!

Pam, I think you live in the wrong part of the country to hate snow. I wish we had gotten a little more this year. Only one decent one.

It actually got above 40 today. I think it stopped raining but who knows, I have no windows.
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 07:15 PM

Central Minnesota here...41 above zero and breezy. Think I will go for a walk tonight. No snow in the forecast either!

Re: Spring Fever - 03/23/05 07:19 PM

KC, totally agree, born and raised in New England, all of the family is here. If I said to my husband, let's move south tomorrow, we're leave burn marks on the ground.
Posted By: doodle

Re: Spring Fever - 03/25/05 04:18 PM

Spring snow hit last night and is supposed to last all weekend! How long until the weekends are as nice as the weekdays?

Re: Spring Fever - 03/25/05 04:25 PM

It's snowing here too, again... Arghhhh!!!!
That darn groundhog. If he didn't see his shadow, we may be basking in the sun...
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: Spring Fever - 03/25/05 04:35 PM

Middle of Minnesota here. The weather report for Sunday was possible 60....what a beautiful day! Nice all weekend!

Re: Spring Fever - 03/25/05 04:36 PM

Like Doodle & Saphire, we are getting hit this morning with the snow as well. At least we had one day of sun this past week.
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Spring Fever - 03/25/05 06:43 PM

Heh heh heh, the sun is shining The snow is melting, all is well in the world of Alaska