Belly Buttons

Posted By: Raiderette

Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 07:10 PM

We are having a discussion here at work about belly buttons and cleaning them. I thought it would be fun to see how many people actually clean their belly button. I know it's personal, but fun!!!
Posted By: Clown Boy

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 07:17 PM

Just to clairify, she is talking about using a Q-Tip to clean it and not just letting water run over it when your in the shower...
Posted By: Anonymous

I have an outtie so it does not need to be cleaned as much. It is washed when I take a shower. I think some of those innies have stuff growing in them!

I'll admit, I clean mine regulary. I use a q-tip and hygrogen peroxide... I have my belly button pierced. I want it to be cute.
Posted By: doodle

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 07:26 PM

Ugh! I hate belly buttons! Can't tell you why but they really gross me out.
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 07:30 PM

Having psoriasis, I clean mine daily to make sure I don't get an infection, and to remove dead skin.

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 07:49 PM

Thanks for sharing that...
Posted By: Packerette

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 07:51 PM

Master..take it easy on poor Michael. Jeez...Gosh... Saphire, I thought of you when I looked at my bellybutton!!

Dear Saphire,

What's a belly button?

Sincerely,

Adam and Eve
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

There's a concurrent thread that says bankers should pay BOL. You have to admit, this is cheaper than therapy. Maybe that's not what Don meant?
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 07:57 PM

I use my pinky.

I'm thinking about collecting all of my belly button lint and making a sweater.
Posted By: Buddy the Elf

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 07:57 PM

My daughter calls it a Belly Pokey. I think it's because she likes poking her finger into them.
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 08:12 PM

Sometimes I need therapy AFTER reading things in the cooler and the couch on BOL!
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 08:14 PM

Quote:

Sometimes I need therapy AFTER reading things in the cooler and the couch on BOL!

I was just wondering what would possess someone to share this kind of information...

I heart my belly button.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 08:23 PM

And to add my intellectual analysis of this thread...EEEWWWW!
Posted By: Viking Princess

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 08:36 PM

I have a belly ring too so I always make sure mine is nice and pretty! An innie for me thank goodness hee
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 09:17 PM

No Q-tip for me, just the towel!!! (and no belly ring, three tatoos is probably enough for an "old broad" like me!!!)

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 09:22 PM

Let's change the subject. How often do you clean out your nose goblins?

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 09:36 PM

Quote:

The pinky works well there too. It's almost as if it's an all purpose tool.

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The pinky works well there too. It's almost as if it's an all purpose tool.

LOL... GROSS!!!
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 09:43 PM

Apparently none of you remember the Bill Cosby sketch concerning what could happen when you play with your belly button. I never have touched mine since.

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 09:45 PM

Randy, please share...

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 10:20 PM

It's from his "Why is there air?" album from a routine called Kindergarten. The premise is that Bill's mother told him,"Keep playing with your navel, pretty soon you'll break it wide open and you'll fly around backwards for 30 seconds!". It goes on from there. Pretty funny good clean humor.

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 10:45 PM

I'm going to confess something. I had no idea until I was married and in my 20s that this was soemthing that needed to be doen. I have an innie and occasionally when I would stick my finger in it to itch, I would notice my finger stank afterwards, but I didn't know there was a real procedure to follow and I'm probably still not doing it often enough, unless once a month is enough. The rest of me is clean, I promise.

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/25/05 10:54 PM

Quote:

Apparently none of you remember the Bill Cosby sketch concerning what could happen when you play with your belly button. I never have touched mine since.

I had that album. Got it from some high school guys who were throwing out a bunch of albums when I was a kid. They all had a girl's name written on them, so I am guessing they belonged to an ex-girlfriend. We loved the Why is there Air album, but I loaned it to a friend and never got it back. Remember the "Hofstra" and "Midol" sketches? I am not sure if they are as funny to adults as they were to me as a kid, but I do remember it Randy.

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 01:50 AM

Hey - $10 + shipping and you can have it again from Amazon.com. "Why is there Air?" and "Bill Cosby Is A Very Funny Fellow Right!" are a couple of the best comedy albums of all time - even as adults and hearing them 1000 times.

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 02:33 AM

Quote:

Dear Saphire,

What's a belly button?

Sincerely,

Adam and Eve

That's bad! That's really bad!
Posted By: beaconpaul

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 06:02 PM

I don't have one, no worries for me!!!

Really, I had an outie, it made me very self-conscious. I never took my shirt off when I was a kid. When I was 12 I had corrective surgery on both of my feet. Mom didn't tell me, but she had the doc cut off the outie too. Now I have a little bit of pinched skin with a little curved scar on it. It isn't deep enough to hold a dime. So really, I have no belly button. Bummer is I can't get it pierced either, but I am a guy and father of two...a little past that stage and you couldn't see the darn ring through all the hair anyway!!!
Posted By: slick

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 06:55 PM

This is all really just discusting.
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 07:20 PM

The problem with my belly button is it keeps getting further from my spine.

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 07:21 PM

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are!
Posted By: Cat Woman

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 07:52 PM

Quote:

I'm going to confess something. I had no idea until I was married and in my 20s that this was soemthing that needed to be doen. I have an innie and occasionally when I would stick my finger in it to itch, I would notice my finger stank afterwards, but I didn't know there was a real procedure to follow and I'm probably still not doing it often enough, unless once a month is enough. The rest of me is clean, I promise.

Gee.... why did you post anonymously? I died laughing after reading that tho!
Posted By: An0n

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 08:20 PM

Why don't they have a puking emocon available?

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 08:21 PM

This thread has given me the heebie-jeebies, yuck!

I have an innie, and I do clean mine..I guess I never thought not to clean it. I would like to get it pierced, but I think it is too much of an innie.

On that note, my boyfriend has an outie, and actually it almost looks like he has no belly button at all...

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 08:41 PM

I think anyone can have a piercing right? Ah they're fun - get one get one get one!

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 08:43 PM

You are too cute, Ene!!!

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 08:45 PM

hee hee

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/26/05 09:06 PM

Quote:

I think anyone can have a piercing right? Ah they're fun - get one get one get one!

Well, I do have something else pierced....and it's not my ears!

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/27/05 05:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Gee.... why did you post anonymously? I died laughing after reading that tho!

Me too, but GROSS!!! Why would you smell you finger?? ewww

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/27/05 05:48 PM

Quote:

Me too, but GROSS!!! Why would you smell you finger?? ewww

Smelling ones own finger is pretty disgusting, I'm usually just asking people to pull mine. (oops, that was another thread )
Posted By: Bones

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/27/05 08:52 PM

I'm gone for one day and you all are talking about belly buttons?! Grooosss! I know we like to share here on BOL, but some things are better left unsaid.
Posted By: slick

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/27/05 08:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well, I do have something else pierced....and it's not my ears!

and what might that be?
Posted By: ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø

Re: Belly Buttons - 04/27/05 10:17 PM

Just keep it covered up if you are not slim, please.
Posted By: Dip

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 04:34 PM

i never clean mine via q-tip. not even with my finger in the shower...i have in innie that is wide open so nothing collects or grows in it. no mysteries hiding inside my belly-button! no crusties, no stink...infact, the inside of my belly button is even tan!

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 04:55 PM

that took you a while to come up with a response Dip...

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 04:58 PM

what? it's monday, kiddo....i've been gossiping with the girls since i walked in to the office this morning
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 05:01 PM

I think he's referring to the fact that the rest of this thread before your response was from April, 2005 so it seems it took you about 16 months to come up with something.

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 05:17 PM

huh?

::scrolls up to see the post dates::

oh...well for some reason, this thread was on the frist page in the cooler this morning. maybe there was one of those nasty ads in it and the post was deleted and that's why thread was "renewed." lol!

so anyway, just to clarify, back in april when this thread started, my inner belly button was not yet tan!

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 05:17 PM

Hey, Who ya calling kiddo?
Yeah, MagicBanker is right, since the start of this thread, the girl who started it changed screen names and then moved to a different job... As have I. Its nice you brought it back though, it brings back alot of good memories from my old job. (it was our office talking about washing belly buttons)

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 05:19 PM

oops, maybe it wasn't you that brought it back then.. sorry.
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 05:20 PM

Actually there were some posts here last week (nothing nasty enough to get deleted I don't think). I tried looking at the thread over the weekend and got an "Access Denied" error. Then this morning the old part of the thread was there plus Dip's post from this morning.

Something strange is going on in the cooler...
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Belly Buttons - 08/14/06 06:44 PM

Quote:

Actually there were some posts here last week (nothing nasty enough to get deleted I don't think). I tried looking at the thread over the weekend and got an "Access Denied" error. Then this morning the old part of the thread was there plus Dip's post from this morning.

Something strange is going on in the cooler...

More strange than the usual "strange" in the cooler??