A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz

Posted By: Retired DQ

A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 01:14 PM

A special party announcement!

Please, everyone, be seated.

Two of our friendly fellow BOLers, Pizzaz & ExGovtBabe, are present to announce their special news. So, Kiwi and I thought that it would be special to host a virtual baby shower for them!

They are going to have babies!!!!

The Virtual Baby Shower
(please announce your gift for them)

Scene: Hotel garden room, with pink and blue balloons on every table. Warm sunshine is cascading down on our two proud mothers-to-be.

Luncheon: Vichyssoise, Maine lobster salad, lemon asparagus garnished with some violets. For dessert, it is a luscious strawberry cream cake, also garnished with violets.

Beverages: Champagne (always a must with lobster salad); sparkling fruit punch, Pellegrino

The presents are scattered on an immense table… even though it is second babies for both… there are some huge boxes… and some smaller boxes… all wrapped in pink and blue… although, some of us know for certain who is having a boy…

Kiwi and DQ purchased a Peg Perego carriage for each of them…

And… ooooooh…. Aaaaaahhh!
Posted By: deppfan

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 01:22 PM

I found Fisher Price Quick Response Baby Swings for both. They are just what I got for my own daughter, and I hope you both love them. Congratulations!!! BTW, the punch is yummy!
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 01:22 PM

I have purchased for each of them, a nanny to change all dirty diapers and for those pesky 4am feedings. And as a bonus, she is fat and very unattractive as to avoid those uncomfortable situations!!

Congratulations!!!
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 01:37 PM

I heart Beagle Queen!!!

Thanks, y'all! We're very excited that the Pumpkin (gender as yet unknown, check back with me a month from tomorrow) will be joining big sis Junebug in early December.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 01:40 PM

Hey gang! Thanks everyone! Like my friend EGB, we're very excited that Kyle will be having a baby brother. 2 boys! I've already told hubby that he can take them golfing when they're older and I'll be heading to the spa! My little guy is due 10/30 only 3 days after my other. I hope it's not the same day!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 01:44 PM

Congratulations!! My kids were both born in November 6 days apart and I had the same worry. Hope all goes well for both of you! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:10 PM

Congrats both of you! Virtual life size stuffed bears for both of you!
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:29 PM

Congrats to you both!!

Beagle Queen took my answer, so, instead, I wish you both hubbys that will get up in the middle of the night and will stay home when the little tykes are ill. Mine does both and I don't know how I would have made it through the ear-infection winter without him!

Also, I'll throw in a years supply of diapers and formula if needed. And, of course, all the age-appropriate Star Wars toys for the big brother & sister

Finally, I virutally wish you both easy pregnancies and quick & painless deliveries

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:29 PM

I noticed that none of our male BOL friends have entered the room yet. Feel free guys, there is a bar too you know. Come celebrate with us!
Posted By: Okie Dokie

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:36 PM

Congrats to both of you!!!! My gift is vibrating bouncy seats for both babies. Hope you enjoy.
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:37 PM

My sister-in-law makes these cool things that go over a grocery cart seat or a restaurant high chair - so your little one isn't touching any part of those nasty things. They're called Kassi's Kart Kovers - in honor of my baby niece.

What colors/patterns would each of you like for yours? And congratulations to both of you!!!

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:41 PM

Quote:

My sister-in-law makes these cool things that go over a grocery cart seat or a restaurant high chair - so your little one isn't touching any part of those nasty things.

Now that is cool! I wish I had one when my monster was a baby!
Posted By: renniks

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:47 PM

Pam, When I saw you on Wednesday, I thought you looked a little bit like you might be "expecting", but, past experience has taught me never to ask that question! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!! EGB...Congratulations to you too!!!!
Posted By: Countess Kiwi

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:47 PM

Congrats to both of you!!! I hope you have a fun and enjoyable summer pregnancy!

And...Lestie, I want one of those cart covers too! My youngest puts EVERYTHING in his mouth...is that a boy thing because my girls never did that (but then again they were attached to their binky ).
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 02:54 PM

Each of you get a new diaper bag filled with binkys, baby wipes, bottles, rattles, teethers, wash cloths, hooded bath towel, travel pack of shampoo & baby wash, fresh bibs (I know what used ones are like), receiving blankets, onesies, plastic squeaky book, and other fun stuff! Each new baby deserves to not have to always use hand-me-downs! Congrats to both of you!
Posted By: someone else

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 03:09 PM

Congratulations to you both! I am sending you a virtual licensed, bonded caregiver so that you and your hubbies can enjoy a night on the town...sans children!
Posted By: 8675309

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 03:18 PM

I got you each a new digital camera and printer so you can try to take at least half as many pictures as the first time around! I had always heard that but didn't believe it until my 2nd grandbaby came along. I'm always forgetting the camera!
Posted By: 8675309

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 03:20 PM

DQ - we're not going to have to play that goofy "don't cross your legs" shower game are we? I always am the first loser. In fact, my legs are already crossed so I'm out. Think I'll just go get another mimosa!
Posted By: °X°

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 03:24 PM

Well, thanks for the invitation - I arrive with a virtual kiss.

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 03:24 PM

I am giving you both the coolest thing to trhow into your DVD player, that both you and the babies can watch - http://www.animusic.com

Awesome stuff!

Congrats

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 03:29 PM

Quote:

DQ - we're not going to have to play that goofy "don't cross your legs" shower game are we? I always am the first loser. In fact, my legs are already crossed so I'm out. Think I'll just go get another mimosa!

No, there will be no ridiculous games or hats made of bows... We are all grownups here.

And, Mr. X, I am sure that was just what they wanted...
Posted By: LoisLane

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 03:33 PM

Congratulations to you two. It's always good to hear such great news.
Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 04:46 PM

I am virtually sending each of you a massage therapist once a week to help with those nasty aches and pains that can sometimes come about as baby grows! (Okay, I know it's not for the babies, but mommy needs to be pampered!)

By the way, congrats!!! How exciting for you both!
Posted By: GenerousLife

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 04:46 PM

Congratulations, I wish for both babies lots of virtual grandmas (and grandpas) with cuddly laps who will spoil them rotten.
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 05:02 PM

Congrats to you both. I'll send my wife out to get you something very special, that's her department.
Posted By: Countess Kiwi

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 05:31 PM

Quote:

Congratulations, I wish for both babies lots of virtual grandmas (and grandpas) with cuddly laps who will spoil them rotten.

and Aunties
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 06:41 PM

MMMMMMM - good Maine lobster salad! MMMMMMMMM....

And to go with the nannies, a reclining loveseat and large screen TV for both of you to cuddle with your hubbies in a big family snuggle while you watch DVD's and let the nanny take care of the newbie on family night!

Babies!!!! I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OK - asmittedly, I want a grandkid that I can play with and give back...)
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 06:42 PM

Congrats to both of you, wonderful news!! My gift to you is Tiny and his twin, Teensy, for the duration of your pregancy. They will go anywhere you need them to go for you to find the best treats and most obscure foods anytime, day or night. They will also run any other errands that you may need, afterall, who would mess with Tiny or Teensy?
Posted By: Bullseye

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 06:44 PM

Congrats to you both!! You deserve a couple of month's worth of maid service! I know that's what I would want!

We are expecting our second daughter in September....maybe there's something in the virtual water(cooler)??? Lookout ladies!

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 06:55 PM

Quote:

maybe there's something in the virtual water(cooler)??? Lookout ladies!

There better not be, I am done, D-O-N-E done!

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 06:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

maybe there's something in the virtual water(cooler)??? Lookout ladies!

There better not be, I am done, D-O-N-E done!

all the more reason to stick to virtual beer!

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 07:17 PM

MaryBeth, that is sooooo cool! Thanks for the special stork and babycarriage link!!!
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 07:24 PM

Congratulations!!!!! Did you get the virtual tuna casseroles I sent???? Everyone needs a tuna casserole in the freezer for those nights when cooking is the very, very last thing you want to do.

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 07:27 PM

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the gifts, they're all wonderful! I'm having an absolutely delightful time, glad you all could make it. Please, there's plenty of food and merriment left so help yourselves. Tell those at "the bar" they're welcome to join us as well.

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 07:30 PM

Quote:

MaryBeth, that is sooooo cool! Thanks for the special stork and babycarriage link!!!

You're welcome. I'm slooooow today. Lost my cable Internet connection for a while.

Congratulations, ladies! Hope you enjoy the chef that will be fixing the family meals for a few months and the assistant she brings to clean up and shop for groceries.
Posted By: CUgirl

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 07:36 PM

Congrats Ladies, I'll send ya something as soon as this storm blows over!!!

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 07:39 PM

I neglected to mention this in my last post, a huge thank you to Y (Devil Queen) and Kiwi for hosting and planning this shindig, I owe you. While I am unable to drink, the rest of your drinks today are on me!
Posted By: KAT

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/10/05 07:46 PM

I am very happy for the two of you. My gift to you is a mirror like the one I made for my grandson. The top across the glass says "You've Got The Cutest" and the Bottom says "Little Baby Face". In the Center is a window cling with a picture taken in the bassenet the first time I saw him with his date of birth, height and weight. The window cling will be sent after we get to see the two charmers

Congratulations
Posted By: Miss Kitty

A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 07:52 PM

Congrats to both of you! Brought back memories when ExGovBabe was having her first, names and all -how fun to do it all over agan.

Sounds like a virtually kool baby shower!
Posted By: tahdah

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 07:57 PM

Congratulations to both. Although you have other kids we don't want the new ones to wear the hand me downs, so new clothes are on the way with a personal laundress.
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 08:14 PM

So I virtually contacted Simon Delivers ... the online grocery-store-deliver-to-your-door company here. They'll virtually deliver anything from their website . I had to do some convincing to deliver to TX & MA, but they said, "what the hey."

I received a gift certificate there after T-Lady was born and it was awesome! One could easily be spoiled!
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 08:46 PM

So grandmother that I am, I just finished whipping up 2 lovely crocheted afghans in cool sherbet colors to keep the lil' darlins' warm on the walks in their new strollers.

I'm working on "I'm the big sister(brother)" baskets for the #1s too. As the oldest myself, I know it helps to ease the entrance of the new little attention stealers!

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 09:10 PM

bjp - you're a GRANDMOTHER???? All of those shopping cart races picking up supplies for the bar and you never lost your grip on the roll of wrapping paper as we whacked people senseless for parking in those handicapped spots without permits. I'm impressed!
Posted By: Buddy the Elf

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 09:24 PM

Even though bjp gave you afghans, I'm also giving you each a handmade blanket. It's not crocheted, mind you. I'm not THAT crafty. But for Pizzaz it's baby blue polar fleece with white outlines of Pooh and on the other side it's pastel Classic Pooh with mostly blue. The two sides are attached with knots that I did myself (uh, no sewing required- not good at that). EGB, yours is pastel checkered on one side and pastel jungle scene on the other. They're both very soft and warm.

Also, EGB, you gotta give that link to all those crazy baby names again. I laugh so hard I get tears when I read them.

Congrats to you both!
Posted By: Walleye Woman

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 09:33 PM

No wonder you didn't hunt me down in Atlanta for that Coors Light, P. Congrats to both of you. EGB, it seems like yesterday that JuneBug was born. How time flies. Let's see, my gift to both of you is virtual babysitting - for those times when the nanny is gone and you need some time with the MOYL.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 10:23 PM

What can I say, MHS? If you thought getting carded was cool, wait until people tell you your daughter is so cute...and she's actually your granddaughter! I'm on my second time around on that ride and I'm still loving it.

And trust me, I plan on doing wheelies in shopping cart races when I'm 80! Some things you just have to keep yourself in shape for.

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/10/05 10:34 PM

Quote:

What can I say, MHS? If you thought getting carded was cool, wait until people tell you your daughter is so cute...and she's actually your granddaughter! I'm on my second time around on that ride and I'm still loving it.

And trust me, I plan on doing wheelies in shopping cart races when I'm 80! Some things you just have to keep yourself in shape for.

Actually, the funniest reaction was my son's when one of his friends asked him if he had any idea just how "hot" his sister was - my son choked and said "Uh, NOOOO! She's my SISTER you idiot!"

Speaking of getting carded though... ... I got carded last Christmas buying beer - my husband choked so hard I thought we'd have to Heimlich him. The guy at the counter didn't realize we were together, then he thought it was my dad, then he saw my driver's license and rolled his eyes (the daughter mentioned above is working on her PhD). It's amazing how well you can keep in shape with those shopping cart races - trying to balance a wheelie is great for the abs! Unfortunately, it also explains the knees...

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/11/05 12:59 AM

Thanks again, y'all! All these virtual gifts are fabulous, I adore them - and you!

SPECIAL thanks to Kiwi and "Y" for being hostesses with the mostest - here is a virtual 2 dozen rose bouquet for you each. And THANK YOU to MB for the special icon/link, that really touched me! A dozen roses for you as well.

I'll try to remember to post the Bad Baby Names website on Monday - the link is on my laptop.
Posted By: Cowboys Fan

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/11/05 02:49 PM

Bad Baby Names I don't know if this is the link you're talking about but it cracked me up.

I wish you both easy pregnancies, super-strength epidurals (administered in month 8 just to be on the safe side), and happy, healthy babies. Many congrats
Posted By: slick

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/11/05 03:25 PM

Congrats to you both!!!!

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/13/05 01:03 PM

Quote:

No wonder you didn't hunt me down in Atlanta for that Coors Light, P. Congrats to both of you. EGB, it seems like yesterday that JuneBug was born. How time flies. Let's see, my gift to both of you is virtual babysitting - for those times when the nanny is gone and you need some time with the MOYL.

Yes WEW, that is why I didn't ask you to meet for drinks. I was then, even though it was very early. Trust me, had I not been, we would've been having an ice cold Coors Light at the bar!
Posted By: Bones

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/13/05 02:39 PM

Sorry I missed the shower on Friday. Sounds like you both received many wonderful and well deserved gifts. Congratulations to both of you!
Posted By: Angel Eyes

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/13/05 08:02 PM

I am so sorry that I missed the gathering also. I wish you both the very best pregnancy ever. And for a gift I give you both someone to care for the baby at night so you can both get rest to make it through the day with 2 little ones. Any time you are headed my way....there will also be a free sitter on hand. I love children, the more the merrier! My three could use more playmates....and I don't plan to have anymore.

No one's having twins huh? Bummer....CubDave and I could use some company.
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/13/05 09:42 PM

Congrats! I wish I had been here on Friday. Hope all goes smoothly for both of you, and the babies are healthy.
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzaz - 06/14/05 12:58 AM

I missed the shower too. I was home being depressed because my daughter and grand baby went home. Hope you had a great time and an easy pregnacy.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/14/05 03:06 PM

Who said the party is over? Here...have a glass of champagne!
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/14/05 05:01 PM

That is what is great about a virtual shower, it can last for weeks! I just made some fresh salsa and got some of those great lime tortilla chips. When I was pregnant I ate them all the time (which probably explains the heartburn...)

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/14/05 07:40 PM

Well, since we're carrying on - I'll contribute a large fresh fruit salad and a big tub of egg salad. These are the two foods that most interest me these days.

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/14/05 08:14 PM

I have pasta and fresh garlic bread, homemade meatballs and I'll take a glass of iced tea (decaf of course).
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/14/05 09:16 PM

Well, if we're contributing food for the shower, how about if I make a big, big batch of my famous chocolate chip cookies. It's never too hot in my house to turn on the oven and make cookies!!!
Posted By: Angel Eyes

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/14/05 09:34 PM

I don't know if the mother's to be like sugar. But I am going to bring a home made cake, all decorated with the really good sugary frosting and lots of roses on it
Posted By: KSK

Re: A special gathering - EGB & Pizzazz - 06/14/05 09:40 PM

Real pregancies, virtual shower, virtual food and drink, virtual gifts.... okay since each of you already have one child apiece - here goes....

Childseats for each child, that always install correctly, are secure - but will automatically open-up when your older child crawls-in by her/himself and automatically secures it-self in such a manner that only a parental touch will release it. This of course will leave both of your hands-free to safely secure the new little-one in their parent-friendly car seat.

It just seems that you can't have enough hands to hold the older one while you secure the little one, OR avoid putting the carrier holding the younger one on the ground while you secure the older one.

Congrats......