Gasoline prices

Posted By: Whodunnit?

Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:25 PM

Just curious.. How much is gas in your neck of the woods? In Ky. I noticed at lunch today the "cheap" gas is $2.36 a gallon.
Posted By: Clown Boy

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:27 PM

I don't even look anymore. All I know is last year at this time $20 would fill up my truck and now it costs about $30.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:27 PM

well here in florida now that it is hurricane season they raise the prices usually like 10-50 cents.... but typically it is about 2.19 a gallon for unleaded

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:30 PM

2.49, upper midwest
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:32 PM

I guess I'll stop complaining: $2.19
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:33 PM

At $58.58 a barrel for Alaska crude, we're stock piling barrels instead of buying by the gallon
Posted By: renniks

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:35 PM

$2.55/gallon, Super Unleaded
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:37 PM

$2.29 regular unleaded...
Posted By: someone else

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:39 PM

Cheap stuff is about $2.50 per gallon and in some places it is as high as $2.75 or $2.80.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:39 PM

$2.49 in West Michigan.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:40 PM

$2.29 to $2.39 for low grade unleaded in Florida.

It's pathetic that I am happy when it gets down to around $2.25 a gallon.....it should be $1.00/gal again!

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:41 PM

Quote:

Cheap stuff is about $2.50 per gallon and in some places it is as high as $2.75 or $2.80.

Where are you located?
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:41 PM

$2.35/diesel. If there's an evacuation tho...we'll jump (again).

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Where are you located?

Southern California
Posted By: BigAC

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:56 PM

$2.26 this afternoon is South Central KY.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 07:57 PM

2.05 here in the Des Moines IA area.
Posted By: doodle

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 08:15 PM

2.29 lowest(in town) and 2.46(on the highway) highest- Durango, Co.
Posted By: AngelinaLM

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 08:17 PM

2.30-2.35 in Idaho. I went from having a small car to an SUV and I hate filling up once a week now. Anyone in Oregon out there? I'm going to the coast this summer and I'm trying to figure out my gas budget.
Posted By: Citrus

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 08:18 PM

Dad paid 2.59/gal for regular today - Southern California
Posted By: Piano Man

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 08:26 PM

2.04 for regular in North GA two days ago. 2.10 now.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 08:30 PM

I filled up this morning in Colorado for $2.15 a gallon. Plus I get 40 miles to the gallon. I was a smart American and bought a Toyota.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 08:42 PM

2.27 for super unleaded and 2.29 for regular. I think it's odd but super is cheaper here all the time than regular.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 08:49 PM

Quote:

I filled up this morning in Colorado for $2.15 a gallon. Plus I get 40 miles to the gallon. I was a smart American and bought a Toyota.

That Toyota may well have been made in the USA, and the GM or Ford vehicle made overseas any more.....
Posted By: dalejrfanatic

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 09:01 PM

Quote:

2.27 for super unleaded and 2.29 for regular. I think it's odd but super is cheaper here all the time than regular.

Wow. That is weird. It isn't that way around me and I am in the same state as you. This morning I went through a town with 3 gas stations and 2 of them were 2.39 for the cheap stuff and one was 2.29. I stopped and filled up at 2.29.
Posted By: WormUNB4L

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 09:08 PM

In the Midwest they generally make the Super with a 10% ethanol blend, and they reduce the price of that to encourage the use of the ethanol stuff.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 09:29 PM

We have E85 stations here and they charge $.75 less per gallon. I wish I had a car that would support that.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 09:35 PM

Quote:

Where in Colorado were you?
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 09:57 PM

Yesterday gas was $2.04 and this morning it was $2.14! I am scared to see what it is when I leave today.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 10:05 PM

Those E85 cars don't get nearly the mileage that you would be accustomed to as far as I've heard.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/08/05 10:08 PM

The get less mileage but at $.75 per gallon cheaper on average it's still cheaper. The State has lowered it's tax to a penny to encourage its use.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 07:38 PM

Quote:

Yesterday gas was $2.04 and this morning it was $2.14! I am scared to see what it is when I leave today.

WOW! In NW Oklahoma it went from $2.13 to $2.25 last Thursday! I haven't had the nerve to see if it has gone up since!

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 07:48 PM

I was watching "Breaking Away" from 1977 and one scene shows a gas station in the background. The price for Regular: $2.15!!!!!

Everything seems to be cyclical. <<I am actually getting dumber! cyclicle?!?!?!? What was I thinking?!?!?!?>>

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 07:51 PM

Stolen gas is still free!!!
Posted By: Rainbow Girl

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 07:59 PM

It's $2.13 in SC.
Posted By: MichelleDawn

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:03 PM

It's $2.35 in Ohio.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:03 PM

It's between 2.17 and 2.25 here. Makes me ill.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:10 PM

For kicks, I did a google search for history of gas prices...several good sites out there-can customize for your area. Last time it was under a buck was March, 1999.
Posted By: BigAC

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:10 PM

Stopped for gas along I-75 in Richmond, KY this weekend. $2.39! I whimpered the entire time I was pumping!

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:20 PM

Do rednecks now have to buy Old Milwaukee instead of Budweiser so they can fill their pickups? God knows they won't get rid of them. Could you see Billy Ray flying his obnoxious confederate flag from the back of dodge omni?
Posted By: mountainmannj

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:37 PM

Just jumped an additional $0.10 a gallon this weekend. It's now around $2.35/gallon.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:38 PM

Quote:

Do rednecks now have to buy Old Milwaukee instead of Budweiser so they can fill their pickups? God knows they won't get rid of them. Could you see Billy Ray flying his obnoxious confederate flag from the back of dodge omni?

We still drink the Bud, just have to siphon the gas out of liberals’ Saabs now.

Yee-Haw,
Billy Jo Bob Tweeder

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:44 PM

touche! i hate saabs though. complete yuppie trash cars.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 08:44 PM

Well actually, there is a ford pinto around here with the old GA flag(the one with the confederate flag on it) flying from both bumpers, plastered all over the car, with signs that say "Sonny Lied" and "Let us Vote" all over the car. I believe the old, rusty pinto would fall apart with out the signs and flags.
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 10:15 PM

Quote:

Look, everybody! It's the NASCAR-hating anon again. Full of clever invective for their own entertainment! Don't miss it!

I would bet your average pickup driving redneck uses less gas per week than your typical commuting Gore voter. But that would be stereotypical, so I won't.
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/11/05 10:55 PM

Gas at a station in the western suburbs of Chicago yesterday was $2.43 for regular unleaded!!! I have a VW Bug and it took over $30 to fill it, first time ever it cost that much. Thank goodness I don't live in the city of Chicago, the city tax adds about $.10 a gallon to that price.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 09:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Look, everybody! It's the NASCAR-hating anon again. Full of clever invective for their own entertainment! Don't miss it!

I would bet your average pickup driving redneck uses less gas per week than your typical commuting Gore voter. But that would be stereotypical, so I won't.

You should look before you leap Jokerman, anon here never said a word about republicans, he was talking about rednecks.
Your the one trying to be invective here to democrats and make a non-politcal post a political one. Now say your sorry for being mean for no reason and lets move on.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 11:31 AM

I love rednecks!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: pjs

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 12:45 PM

It's depressing- just depressing! Maybe I need to invest in a horse and buggy now.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 01:16 PM

Oops Jokerman, I didn't vote for Gore or Nader. Rats!

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 02:02 PM

Quote:

You should look before you leap Jokerman, anon here never said a word about republicans, he was talking about rednecks. Your the one trying to be invective here to democrats and make a non-politcal post a political one. Now say your sorry for being mean for no reason and lets move on.

(a) Anon may not have specifically mentioned Republicans in this post, but this same anon has in many others. And not favorably, I might add. Meanwhile, (b) how am I the one being mean for no reason? Did you read anon's post??? And I wasn't even mean to Democrats! I just pointed out that those commuting suburbanites probably use more gas than rednecks. Which is their right to do, so long as they pay for the gas. Use all you want, so far as I'm concerned. Anon is the one making moral judgements.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 02:03 PM

Quote:

Oops Jokerman, I didn't vote for Gore or Nader. Rats!

Couldn't read the ballot in Palm Beach County, eh?
Posted By: Chi

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 02:15 PM

Food for thought:

A gallon of bottled water is more expensive than a gallon of gas.

Just putting that out there.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 02:32 PM

I paid 2.19 in Lowell, Ma, but 2.37 closer to Worcester, only 30 miles away!

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 02:35 PM

Quote:

Food for thought:

But once that gallon of water is empty, I can refill it in my sink...
Posted By: Chi

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 02:53 PM

Quote:

...but individuals at risk of dying from dehydration, malaria, and a myriad of other horrible possibilities cannot. All they have is a contaminated water source that increases their risk of infection.
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 03:41 PM

Quote:

Food for thought:

Where are you buying your gallons of water? Gas is currently selling for $2.39 here. A gallon of dannon water, on the other hand, is only $1.89. That's buying only one gallon of water. If I buy gallons of water in bulk, say 10 gallons (5 cases of 2) I can get it even cheaper.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 03:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought:

Where are you buying your gallons of water? Gas is currently selling for $2.39 here. A gallon of dannon water, on the other hand, is only $1.89. That's buying only one gallon of water. If I buy gallons of water in bulk, say 10 gallons (5 cases of 2) I can get it even cheaper.

Where are you buying your bottled water? I can buy a gallon of bottled water at the grocery store for less than $1.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 04:45 PM

Why is anybody buying any water? I simply go out to the back yard, turn on the hose and suck down water until I’m content.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 04:50 PM

Quote:

Food for thought:

Tastes better, though.

(And around here, also not true, gas is more expensive than bottled water - I can get a gallon jug for 79 cents.)
Posted By: Pup

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 05:53 PM

Culligan refills are $0.39/gallon here.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 06:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

...but individuals at risk of dying from dehydration, malaria, and a myriad of other horrible possibilities cannot. All they have is a contaminated water source that increases their risk of infection.

Do these individuals not have access to fire? They could try boiling the contaminated water... that's still free
BTW - these individuals that you're talking about... how can they afford a $3 gallon of water?

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 06:24 PM

This chain is absurdly funny now. Arguing over the cost of water.
Bengals Fan: we may not see eye to eye on some things but I respect you.
Jokerman: You are just flat out are a miserable person with propaganda on the brain.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 07:17 PM

You can buy a gallon of the store brand of water for $.50 (probably tap water, but it is cheap).

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 07:29 PM

If water is more expensive then gasoline - we are in trouble-
Does the water really taste better in some of those bottles? I personally can't tell the difference.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 07:30 PM

My wife thinks so-i am happy with the tap water!!
Posted By: AngelinaLM

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 07:32 PM

This is a stupid fact, and y'all probably know already Evian is naive backwards.....oooohhhhh......
Posted By: LEROY JENKINS

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 07:35 PM

And Naomi... is backwards for "I moan." Just so you know ladies.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 07:35 PM

I like our well water-
I didn't know that Ang- thanks for that useful fact

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 07:38 PM

AND.. "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts"- any hoo let's get back to gas prices...shall we??
Posted By: LEROY JENKINS

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 07:42 PM

I have a racecar (which spelled backwards is... wait... racecar) and gas is over 6.00 a gallon for 104. Yuk.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 09:17 PM

Quote:

Jokerman: You are just flat out are a miserable person with propaganda on the brain.

Ok.

Have you ever heard of the psychological concept of 'projection'?

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 09:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ok.

Have you ever heard of the psychological concept of 'projection'?

Perhaps you should apply that concept to yourself Jokerman, I've seen you call numerous people hateful, little, and what not.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 09:26 PM

I can think of exactly one poster that I have described as a hateful little person. They were an anonymous poster, too...coincidence that you remember it?

By the way, I am not at all miserable. Perhaps you meant that I make life miserable for someone else. Possible, though it would certainly be unintentional. By pointing out facts, I hope to change people's minds, not make them miserable.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 09:34 PM

Wasn't me, I just happened to remember that one. I didn't feel like spending all day looking through your past posts, especially since you've done quite a few when not logged in. Just admit it Jokerman and get it over. You took an uncalled for shot at democrats and you were called on it. It's not like I said you were a horrible person for it. I just said say your sorry for it and we can move on.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 10:32 PM

Quote:

Wasn't me, I just happened to remember that one. I didn't feel like spending all day looking through your past posts, especially since you've done quite a few when not logged in. Just admit it Jokerman and get it over. You took an uncalled for shot at democrats and you were called on it. It's not like I said you were a horrible person for it. I just said say your sorry for it and we can move on.

I would prefer you were a registered user so we could have this discussion by PM. But, I will say this and be done: (a) I never asked you to look through my past posts. (b) I did not take a shot at anyone, I was refuting the idea that "rednecks in their pickups" use inordinate amounts of gas. (c) I'm not sorry for anything in that post, so why don't you just move on.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 10:51 PM

Why did you use the term Gore commuters Jokerman if wasn't to take a shot at someone. I believe just saying commuters would have worked just fine. In fact, I might have agreed with your hypothesis in that case. But now I just see it as a cheap shot.

And I never said you did ask me to look through your posts, I just thought a little explanation for why I used the little/hateful comment might be helpful.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/12/05 11:32 PM

Someone get me a gallon jug of expensive water to pour over these two
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/13/05 12:07 AM

Laugh

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/13/05 11:40 AM

Quote:

Someone get me a gallon jug of expensive water to pour over these two

Why expensive? Just turn on the hose! We <3 you!

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/13/05 02:17 PM

Quote:

Why did you use the term Gore commuters Jokerman if wasn't to take a shot at someone.

Because a "Gore commuter" was the most opposite thing from a Confederate-flag-flying Redneck that I could think of to illustrate my point. If you can think of something more opposite that uses more gas, feel free to post it in a criticism of anon's post, too.

Quote:

I believe just saying commuters would have worked just fine. In fact, I might have agreed with your hypothesis in that case. But now I just see it as a cheap shot.

You are free to see it as whatever you want. But to jump all over me for a "cheap shot" while ignoring the post (moreover, ignoring the tone of the post) that I was responding to...well, I see that as bias.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 05:19 PM

I'm not really talking about being mean in general, and yes anons's post was very hateful towards racists rednecks. I'm talking about an unnecassary political shot. No, it wasn't very mean, but then I expect more of you Jokerman. You like to say things about how your not mean, invective, use facts ( no I didn't look at the posts, I'm going from memory so those excact things might not have been said). You seem to hold yourself up to a little higher standard than the others when it comes to the political stuff. You could have very easily said greenie commuter, suburban hippie, who knows, but you used Gore instead, assuming of course that you meant ideological opposites. I did get sidetracked a little when the other anon called you miserable.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 06:02 PM

$2.32 unleaded.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 06:03 PM

oops, thought this was a gas price thread.
Posted By: renniks

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 06:22 PM

$2.67 Premium...

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 06:29 PM

Gas prices dropped today! Maybe there will be some relief in sight afterall?

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 06:38 PM

Is this the same unjustified enthusiasm people have when the market rises or falls or is this just wishful thinking. As barrel prices continue to rise, I can't see how pump prices can move in an opposite direction.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 06:48 PM

Quote:

I'm not really talking about being mean in general, and yes anons's post was very hateful towards racists rednecks.

Rednecks are racists?

Quote:

I'm talking about an unnecassary political shot. No, it wasn't very mean, but then I expect more of you Jokerman.

Ok, mom, here's the thing. The anon who blasted rednecks in pickups has been around here blasting "W" bumper stickers and NASCAR recently. Maybe you weren't aware of that. But that is the context in which I was responding. I didn't say anything hateful about Gore voters, I was just using them as something to which I could compare redneck gasoline use. Nothing more. You apparently think it would be ok to have used the term Green voters (is that any different from saying "Nader voters"?), so why is one ok and not the other?

Quote:

You like to say things about how you're not mean, invective, use facts ( no I didn't look at the posts, I'm going from memory so those excact things might not have been said). You seem to hold yourself up to a little higher standard than the others when it comes to the political stuff.

Again, I don't think my post in this situation violated any of those standards.

Quote:

You could have very easily said greenie commuter, suburban hippie, who knows, but you used Gore instead, assuming of course that you meant ideological opposites.

See above.

Quote:

I did get sidetracked a little when the other anon called you miserable.

I don't understand the point of this statement.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 06:54 PM

North Texas $2.32 no-lead this morning. $2.40 premium.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 06:54 PM

$50 gallon fillups are common now here. $2.56 Arizona.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 07:03 PM

First, I never mentioned green voters. I said greenie commuters, that doesn't mean they have to be nadar people. By greenie I meant environmentalist people, sorry for any confusion. Second, not all rednecks are racists but confederate flag flying ones usually are.
So since you keep referring to anon attacking republicans did you do it because you consider confederate flag waving rednecks to be republicans and thus took anons post as disguised attack on republicans? So as a republican you took offense and decided to defend your confederate flag waving republican brothers with the gore commuter statement? Is that what happened?

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 07:24 PM

Quote:

North Texas $2.32 no-lead this morning. $2.40 premium.

Did you just say no-lead? Wasn't that stuff outlawed in the 80s?

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 07:38 PM

Quote:

First, I never mentioned green voters. I said greenie commuters, that doesn't mean they have to be nadar people. By greenie I meant environmentalist people, sorry for any confusion. Second, not all rednecks are racists but confederate flag flying ones usually are.
So since you keep referring to anon attacking republicans did you do it because you consider confederate flag waving rednecks to be republicans and thus took anons post as disguised attack on republicans? So as a republican you took offense and decided to defend your confederate flag waving republican brothers with the gore commuter statement? Is that what happened?

I did not see it as a disguised attack on Republicans, I saw it as an attack on - and stereotyping of - rural, Southern people, an attack made (I am fairly certain) by the same individual who has made other attacks on NASCAR fans and Bush voters.

Ok, I guess there are greenie commuters who don't vote, but what is the importance of that distinction? The key thing is their ideology, not whether or not they acted on it, right?

(And, for the record, I disagree with your characterization of the Confederate flag, but I don't want to get into that.)

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 07:41 PM

$2.26

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 07:42 PM

$2.32

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/14/05 07:44 PM

Quote:

I can't see how pump prices can move in an opposite direction.

Prices will take a quick boost upwards when possible disaster is imminent (the recent hurricane). When no damage results (oil related) the prices will then slip back down until the next worry arises.

The next worry will involve BP and a possible $2 billion dollar piece of equipment that is sinking because a crane operator dropped something that punctured several layers of the rigs flotation devices. So...fill'er'up today before this is national news

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/15/05 09:18 AM

Speaking of rednecks with confederate flags I heard gas prices were so high them Duke boys was thinking of trading in the General Lee. They were looking into getting a Jetta because of it's gas mileage and safety features I believe. turbo of course.

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/15/05 11:41 AM

$2.12 at Cenex

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/15/05 11:42 AM

Thursday pm: $2.22 unleaded, $2.30 premium 93

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/15/05 01:48 PM

Quote:

Speaking of rednecks with confederate flags I heard gas prices were so high them Duke boys was thinking of trading in the General Lee. They were looking into getting a Jetta because of it's gas mileage and safety features I believe. turbo of course.

I figured they'd go with a volvo wagon.
Posted By: Striker

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/15/05 02:09 PM

Them Duke boyz caaaan't get rid of the General Lee!Uncle Jesse Can't trade the truck in neither. Daisy gonna keep the Dodge? Answers to these questions tonight at 6!

KKKKRAZY KUDER!!!!
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/15/05 02:14 PM

I thought Daisy drove a Jeep? I remember her hair flying all around...I thought she was cool!

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/15/05 02:16 PM

Jeep is correct, thanks

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/15/05 02:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought:

Where are you buying your bottled water? I can buy a gallon of bottled water at the grocery store for less than $1.

I was pointing out the most expensive gallon bottles of water, Dannon....

Re: Gasoline prices - 07/19/05 06:25 PM

It's pretty sad when you stop at the gas station and it takes the biggest part of $50 to fill up. Then do it all over next week. Oh well.. I guess that's what we work for??

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 05:59 PM

Get this.. the first part of the week, gas was $2.17. Luckily I filled up ($40) and the next day, it jumps to $2.37!!! What the heck is going on? 20 cents a gallon, overnight???? Get out the horse & buggy.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 06:08 PM

I got a job so I can get money to buy gas so I can drive to work to make more money so I can buy more gas!!!
Posted By: slick

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 07:48 PM

I remember when it only took $11 to fill my car up a few years ago. On Saturday it took over $27. Not very happy about that.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 07:49 PM

Umm is this the appropriate time to shout ::GOOOO ANWAR!!::: heh heh

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 07:52 PM

I was in Southern California last week at the gas price went up 40 cents in 9 hours.
Posted By: tahdah

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 08:50 PM

We're lucky this week. My husband, normally in sales, is helping his company this week doing deliveries. His car is home and he's using the company F250. They gave him a company credit card to fill the truck, but man, how do people afford to fill those gas guzzlers?

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 08:56 PM

I've got one...it's killing me!!! 13 miles to the gallon (empty) and 11 (pulling the trailer) dig deep into a single mom's pocketbook!
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 10:03 PM

Up to $2.45 - up $.20 in the last couple of days. Hell, I'm close enough to the refinery that my windows rattle everytime the BP plant blows up.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/04/05 11:05 PM

LOL Randy That's probably only funny if you're in oil but it did make me giggle.

Next time I'm in Houston I think I'll TP your house

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/05/05 02:35 AM

I asked tonight how much it cost to fill that f250, he said this week he spent $70.00 for one tank, OUCH, thank God we don't have to pay! Our gas is going for around 2.35.
Posted By: WildTurkey

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/05/05 05:01 PM

Quote:

I've got one...it's killing me!!! 13 miles to the gallon (empty) .....

I've got one too, but it is a 2wd. It is time people woke up to the fact that they don't need 4x4, unless they live in a part of the country that gets snow for months at a time. I get around 17 mpg from my F250, average, which OK, is only around half what I get from my commuter car, but is still a big improvement in economy from 13 mpg.

Oh BTW I was paying $80 ($5+ a gallon) to fill up my car four years ago (which typically lasted me a month), AND my wife and I were each paying $100 a week for public transportation because driving to work and parking would have been waaay too expensive. ...... Now we pay $35 a week for gas to get to work (together), and an average of $10 aweek for gas for the truck. Even if I depreciated my 2½ year old car to zero over 2½ years we would still be better off than we were four years ago.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 01:21 PM

It's now up to $2.60 per gallon. Gee whizzzzz....

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 01:22 PM

2.58 here
Posted By: Pirate

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 01:28 PM

I'm paying 2.79 for premium here in FL.
Posted By: Kansayaku

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 01:31 PM

2.69 here and I have to fill up at least every other day.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 01:42 PM

I paid $2.49 yesterday for the cheapest gas I could find here in South GA. Thought seriously about making the horse earn his keep, but decided it would cost me more in gas to go get him every morning than to just drive to work.

Anybody know where I can get a good deal on a moped?
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 01:48 PM

We are up to $2.69 here.

Becca, thought about switching to my horse power also but then I too would have to drive farther to get to him than I do to get to work!! Probably better invest in a good pair of walking shoes!!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 01:53 PM

Regular Unleaded: Your right arm.
Premium Unleaded: Your right arm and bend over.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 01:53 PM

$2.69 for the cheap stuff here. Friend just drove to Texas and said they were paying $1.99 there and freaked when they went thru Missouri and it was 2.49. Couldn't believe when they got further north how much gas was.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:00 PM

It's higher than that today in MO!

Becca, Sarah (that's funny...those are my sister's names)...I seriously thought about making my horse earn her keep. She's just right out the back door and it's only 4 miles to work. I just don't know what the court house would think when I turned her out on their lawn for the day.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:00 PM

I don't know anyone in TX paying 1.99. Corpus Christi is almost always the cheapest and even they were 2.25 last week. We were up to 2.60 this morning in Dallas. Used to cost me $12 - 13 to fill up - now that doesn't even get me half a tank. And you watch - in a couple of months we will see a headline like "Exxon declares record profits for the quarter!"
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:01 PM

Quote:

$2.69 for the cheap stuff here. Friend just drove to Texas and said they were paying $1.99 there and freaked when they went thru Missouri and it was 2.49. Couldn't believe when they got further north how much gas was.

I'm from Texas and I would love to know which city was only paying a $1.99 per gallon .. for sure .. its not my city...we are about $2.45 - $2.50.
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:02 PM

Locally, $2.54 for regular. Weirdly enough, (and I mean weird enough that I looked to see if it had begun to snow in August), gas on the AC Expressway was only $2.34 yesterday.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:11 PM

AML, I noticed that on the GSP as well.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:25 PM

Quote:

I just don't know what the court house would think when I turned her out on their lawn for the day.

LOL! We (there's a few of us here with beasties) were trying to decide what management would think when we fenced off a section of the bank's back lawn for horse parking.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:32 PM

We have no lawn...the court house (in the center of the square) is the closest...for some reason I just don't think they'd go for that!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:54 PM

On the radio this morning they were talking about everyone quitting their job and moving into a commune. Growing vegetables and living off the land. It's bad when people are talking about qutting their job because they can't afford gas. From what I hear it will get worse. I paid $20.00 to fill up my Kia Rio (Tiny Car)I couldn't imagine owning an SUV.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 02:57 PM

Gaicewater - if it makes you feel any better, every time I take my horse to the chiropractor it's about $80-100 round trip just in gas.
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 03:03 PM

KS hit $2.59 on Monday and $2.69 yesterday - can't wait to see what today brings... My sister said she read that they expect $5.00 by this time next year - I told her that old age had better be badly affecting her eyesight... I don't HAVE a horse and I don't think a 13 lb kitty cat will take kindly to being my new "ride to work"

Anybody starting to carpool yet?

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 03:05 PM

My goodness Becca! That's crazy. Ok I know I am going to sound dumb, but whay does your horse have to go to the Chiropractor?

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 03:07 PM

I don't have anyone to car pool with. I live on the "other side" of town. Maybe I need to get Lance to train me so I can ride 30 miles very quickly!!!!!!!
Posted By: Raiderette

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 03:19 PM

At all but one of our gas stations, it's $2.75 for the cheap stuff. One gas station is $2.71 for the cheap stuff... Rumor has it that by Labor Day weekend it's gonna be over 3 bucks. I somehow don't think it's a rumor.
Posted By: Carly Girl

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 04:35 PM

Its $2.56 for regular and $2.76 for deisel. Im thinking of getting a bicycle, but I work in another town so I dont really know how that would work out. Bet I would get a lot of Honks along the way. WooHoo! I can fill up for $40 and I dont even own a SUV.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 05:22 PM

All the reports keep telling people to start using mass transit. Well, that's good and well unless you live in the rural areas. We have 2 taxis that service this town. Other than that you are on your own.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 05:26 PM

I bought 2 gallons of gas the other day and paid $5.00.*

Last night, I stopped an got 2 gallons of milk and paid $5.00.

*It would waste your life for me to explain why I bought just two gallons of gas.
Posted By: Deena

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 05:33 PM

Quote:

AML, I noticed that on the GSP as well.

I heard a story about this on the news last night. They said those gas stations raise their prices every Friday but lower them during the week.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 05:34 PM

I can't help but believe this is due to Bush's illegal war in Iraq.
Posted By: Kansayaku

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 05:37 PM

Quote:

I can't help but believe this is due to Bush's illegal war in Iraq.

And there I thought it was just some people who wanted to add to their already large bank accounts.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 06:01 PM

Quote:

My goodness Becca! That's crazy. Ok I know I am going to sound dumb, but whay does your horse have to go to the Chiropractor?

Long story. Let's just leave it at "he hurt his back"

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 07:26 PM

Quote:

All the reports keep telling people to start using mass transit. Well, that's good and well unless you live in the rural areas. We have 2 taxis that service this town. Other than that you are on your own.

Yeah, well, that's all well and good if I want to take 2 trains and then a bus; which would ultimately cost me twice as much as the gas I consume per week.

Who are these people?

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 07:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, well, that's all well and good if I want to take 2 trains and then a bus; which would ultimately cost me twice as much as the gas I consume per week.

Who are these people?

In my case, 2 trains and a long walk, 1 hr commute each way becomes 2 hrs each way and if I don't leave the office by 4:30, I don't have another train until 7:30.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 07:33 PM

AML, we could start our own NJ transportation rant thread, you know...

I did forget to add that it would take me 3x longer to get to work as well.
Posted By: Big Dog

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 07:37 PM

In NJ, if you are headed into NY, you can use public transportation. But if not, you would have to go to Newark on a train and then try to catch another train back out to your destination. I would commute 2 hours instead of 25 min. and it would cost me more.

Time to fill the bike tires!!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 07:55 PM

Quote:

AML, we could start our own NJ transportation rant thread, you know...

I think we just did....But then you'd have to put up with me complaining about everyone driving down to the shore on Friday afternoon.... (right when all I want to do is go home....)
Posted By: J2C

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/18/05 08:29 PM

I just paid $2.69 a gallon. Upstate NY. Saratoga area.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 02:27 AM

Arrived in Muskegon Michigan last Thursday - $2.49
Left Muskegon Michigan on Tuesday - $2.79
I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.
Posted By: That Guy

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 07:21 AM

I paid 2.49 for the cheap stuff in Dallas yesterday. I spent over 30 dollars filling up my car for only the second time in my life. The question is will I be breaking $40 soon as well.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 10:26 AM

Where was it 2.49?????? All around me it's about 10 cents higher or more.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 11:32 AM

Ah, well, the price for Regular on the AC Expressway went up to $2.57 this morning.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 12:07 PM

2.49 in SC this morning for Regular Unleaded!
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 02:39 PM

Here in So Cal I have seen regular unleaded range from $2.63 to $2.99/gallon. This was just yesterday.
Posted By: Pale Writer

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 03:01 PM

$2.58 9/10 - $2.68 9/10 in central Mass. - pw

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 03:43 PM

2.59 to 2.79 in Dallas Tx
Posted By: Big Dog

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 03:54 PM

2.53 to 2.68 in central Jersey.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 08:02 PM

$2.79 Northern Michigan
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 08:13 PM

It's a sad day when you get excited about $2.34 diesel yesterday!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 08:17 PM

Just think of the stories we can tell our grandkids... "I remember when gas was $0.99 a gallon..."
Posted By: Bank Angler

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 08:27 PM

$2.75 for regular unleaded in NW Ohio this morning. Rode the motorcycle to work and had put 93 octane in it at $2.95 per gallon. $9.00 to fill a motorcycle!! Guess it's better than $70.00 to fill my truck.
Posted By: ChicagoGuy

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 08:32 PM

Quote:

Just think of the stories we can tell our grandkids... "I remember when gas was $0.99 a gallon..."

Hey now! I can't even remember when that was.......and I'm old enough to be able to know....when was that ?

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 08:35 PM

Oh yeah......$2.89 reg., $2.99 mid and $3.09 hi octane in the Chicago suburbs. Yikes!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/19/05 08:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey now! I can't even remember when that was.......and I'm old enough to be able to know....when was that ?

Here in NM, that was about 2 years ago...

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/20/05 01:02 AM

Yup - two years ago in Texas too - course I remember when it was a lot less then that - could cruise in the hotrod all Saturday night on 2 bucks.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/20/05 03:39 AM

Quote:

$2.75 for regular unleaded in NW Ohio this morning. Rode the motorcycle to work and had put 93 octane in it at $2.95 per gallon. $9.00 to fill a motorcycle!! Guess it's better than $70.00 to fill my truck.

Laughing...as I'm imagining how I would look in my dress clothes, high heels and styled hair...after riding a motorcycle to work.. LOL...but that would be fun and cheap I know... I can get a hover-round...after all I pay for electricity now. LOL..

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/20/05 10:38 PM

I swear remember gas wars in Tulsa in the late 60's or early 70's when gas was around 17 cents a gallon - of course, if I think I remember that, I must be too old to really remember anything, right? It was $3.07 in downtown Chicago yesterday afternoon and $2.62 in KC last night. Has anybody seen the thing on TV showing that they're developing chicken fat from the rendering plants as some sort of fuel and actually running test cars on it? I thought I dreamed it but my husband said he saw it too -- really weird looking - bright yellow...

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/22/05 05:11 PM

Gas was 2.79 here in NM today!!!!!!!!!!!1

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/22/05 05:45 PM

Cheap stuff is 2.63 in Dallas today. I think I'm going to throw up.
Posted By: cantley

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/22/05 05:48 PM

My small town has it for 2.43, but the area avgs about .10 more a gallon.
Posted By: IUalum

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/22/05 06:46 PM

I had a Kroger discount last week and paid $2.38. I got really excited over that. (How sad is that??)

I remember a trip to Florida in 1978. We stopped for gas at a station where it was .75 and my mother was complaining about how expensive it was!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 07:42 PM

2.69 in oh

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 07:45 PM

2.87/2.97/3.07
Chicago west suburbs

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 07:54 PM

Listening to NPR I found out that for every $1.00 increase in a barrel of crude oil, gasoline will go up $.3 cents at the pump.

In my neck of the woods KS:
Yesterday - $2.67
Today at lunch - $2.49

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 08:22 PM

$2.45 for the cheap stuff in western WY; yesterday it was $2.50

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 08:36 PM

I'm beginning to believe station owners just roll dice and increase the price by whatever number turns up!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 08:52 PM

Isn't that backwards? You said it would go up.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 09:16 PM

FYI, watched a show last night about an independent BP operator here in FL and he quit selling gas. He wasn't making any money on it and shut the pumps down and is working on the mechanical shop to make ends meet.

It really isn't the station owners, it's the gas companies and sheiks that are making the coin.

Did anyone else see that email going around that shows the extravagant homes of the sheiks in the middle east. HOLY CRAP, unbelievable homes and cars. All bought by us.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 10:18 PM

The sheiks in Alaska thank you for your purchases Mark

And the "gas" companies aren't doing as well as the "oil" companies Gas is getting tough to find now a days!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/25/05 10:26 PM

If ppl stopped buying gas for a month, the price will come down - but's like asking the sun not to show up tomorrow.

Discussions about gas price is now in the same category is having a discussion about the weather..

Alien..
Don't have enough gas to login!!
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Saving $ or not? - 08/26/05 02:15 PM

Just fyi from the morning news:

In order to make it worth your while to drive 10 miles roundtrip to get gas that's suppossedly cheaper than the gas at the station 'round the corner, the gas at the other place would have to cost 13cents a gallon less.

I know I've gone a bit out of my way but I guess I'll stop that now too.

Re: Saving $ or not? - 08/26/05 03:17 PM

I am really lucky that 2 of the cheapest gas stations in the city are by my house! My husband drive 60 mile two days a week and 80 one day a week for school. We need all the help we can get.
Posted By: TTC Queen

Re: Saving $ or not? - 08/29/05 06:03 PM

Today is Monday August 29. I heard on the news early this morning to expect an increase of 15-20% in the next few hours. I guess they were right. We just got word that gas in our area (Tulsa, Oklahoma) is going up by $.35 per gallon in about an hour. You ought to see the stations--lined up is an understatement!! Our building emptied out when everyone ran to their cars to go fill up across the street. It was $2.56 when I filled up this morning, so it is going to be darn close to $3.00 when it goes up.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/29/05 07:11 PM

Quote:

The sheiks in Alaska thank you for your purchases Mark

And the "gas" companies aren't doing as well as the "oil" companies Gas is getting tough to find now a days!

You knew what I meant, right? Smarta......

Anyway, I suppose Katrina is going to further hurt everyone with the price of a barrel of oil already topping $70 this morning. Sheesh. Glad I got rid of my 4wd SUV.....

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/29/05 07:15 PM

Yeah, they projected gas would go up by 30-40 cents TODAY. YIKES. Should have filled up yesterday when I thought of it, darn it.
Posted By: Dip

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/29/05 08:02 PM

aww man! i haven't even looked at the prices today, but when i filled up yesterday, it was $3.17 or somethign liek that for premium. i think i am goign to sell my car and get a scooter so i can just "scoot-scoot" all the way to work!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/29/05 11:27 PM

Just paid $2.50 (after grocery store club card discount) and counted myself lucky. Doesn't look like my city has gone up yet, but that's not to say they won't change it tomorrow. DH is talking about getting the moped out and serviced.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 03:21 PM

Yesterday gas prices were $2.48 for the cheap stuff; today $2.69 !!! At this rate, I can't afford to work!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 03:23 PM

Quote:

Yesterday gas prices were $2.48 for the cheap stuff; today $2.69 !!! At this rate, I can't afford to work!

Oopss.... forgot to sign in.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 03:33 PM

Yesterday, the cheap stuff was 2.71, this morning, the cheap stuff was 2.91... I need to invest in something that can hold myself, a 5 year old and two car seat age children... Anyone have any ideas? No, a bike won't work. The snow is gonna come soon.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 03:36 PM

We have a lot of Hummers for sale in my area. I just have to laugh when I see one of those beasts with a for sale sign in the window.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 03:53 PM

What DOES it take to fill the tank on one of those, anyway?

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 04:13 PM

Quote:

What DOES it take to fill the tank on one of those, anyway?

An arm, a leg AND your first born.

Did anyone see the gas station in Texas that had pictures of the above mentioned prices on their sign?? They weren't far off.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 04:47 PM

I heard this morning we are going from 2.69 to over $3 by the weekend. I filled up on my way to work.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 05:16 PM

Since I heard it was going up due to the hurricane, I went out to my local station but they only had premium for $3.00 so I drove to another station and paid 2.69. Station across the street was 2.79.
Posted By: Miss Chee

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 06:12 PM

Texas is at 2.79 too.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 06:21 PM

Gas stations here in Cincinnati must have been predicting this hurricane would cause increases in prices of gas, since they went up to 2.69 almost two weeks ago.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 06:24 PM

The people I work with are all considering buying horses to ride to work...but I can't figure how to strap on the car seat!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 06:25 PM

Quote:

The people I work with are all considering buying horses to ride to work...but I can't figure how to strap on the car seat!

Silly Anon - that's what saddlebags are for!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 06:36 PM

A co-worker just came through and said that in a town about 40 miles away, gas was over $3 a gallon.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 06:38 PM

Quote:

We have a lot of Hummers for sale in my area. /quote]

Where is your area? I want one & maybe now would be the time to buy? I could save it for when gas goes down! Where are you located???

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 06:44 PM

Actually could save it to drive IF gas goes down...
Posted By: Neytiri

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 07:21 PM

Looked like everyone in my area filled up yesterday; there was a 3-car wait at each pump. There were people coming to our area from 50 miles away because the gas prices had gone up to $3.65; ours were still $2.55. A few stations in the area ran out of gas yesterday.

Can't wait to see what how the prices have changed on the way home this evening. I am old enough to remember when gas was less than $1.00 per gallon. Really weird.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 07:32 PM

You can't be that old then

I remember it as well and I'm 24.

-arye

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 07:35 PM

It was 2.49 this morning and 2.63 at lunch in SW MO.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 08:27 PM

It was 2.69 this morning - due to the heavy rainfall I didn't venture out for lunch so don't know if it has gone up in this area yet.

Quote:

I am old enough to remember when gas was less than $1.00 per gallon.

I remember gas being a nickle a gallon in gas wars - of course I was only about 6 at the time - when I got my drivers license gas was 34.9 cents per gallon.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 08:36 PM

Dan wrote
Quote:

I remember gas being a nickle a gallon in gas wars - of course I was only about 6 at the time - when I got my drivers license gas was 34.9 cents per gallon.

Dan, what year was gas 34.9 cents per gallon? I remember helping my Dad at his friend's service station and gas being 39 cents per gallon, but I'm not too clear on the year. Might have been late '60s?
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 08:44 PM

1967 in South East Missouri.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 08:54 PM

Thanks, that's about right. We lived in upstate New York at the time...
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 08:56 PM

Prices finally topped $3 bucks a gallon in Mass today.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 08:59 PM

Quote:

when I got my drivers license gas was 34.9 cents per gallon.

You know this shows how much I pay attention at the pumps but do they still do the 9/10 of a cent per gallon?

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 09:01 PM

Yep, but it means a lot less at $2.579 than it did at $.349.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 09:06 PM

$2.56 last night, $2.69 this morning, and $2.86 at lunch i Overland Park KS (just outside KC) - if you haven't checked out Phillips 66 and their TankBank card, look for it. I think it's also at Conoco. I've stopped for a 32 oz Coke every morning on the way to work or play for years - I get 2 cents on the TankBank card for each 32 oz drink (which I buy anyway and it's cheaper there than at QuikTrip). I also currently get 2 cents on the Power Bar I get for breakfast in the car. We filled up a couple of nights ago and I had 42 cents on the card (that's PER GALLON) - we got gas for $2.14 - I won't buy anything that I wouldn't be getting anyway, but 42 cents off every couple of weeks gets MY interest! (And I fill up every 3-4 days - I let the card build up for a couple of weeks).

And no, I don't have stock in Phillips or Conoco!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 09:21 PM

But do you have stock in Coke?

Gas is staying right around $2.59 here...at least that is what it was around noon (North Central Minnesota).

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/30/05 10:36 PM

I filled up for $2.45 yesterday and it was up to $2.59 at lunch.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 01:33 AM

Quote:

But do you have stock in Coke?

No, but I do, and I thank her!!

Was 2.56 last night and 2.69 tonight. I think it will probably go up again tomorrow.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 01:09 PM

$2.79 on my way home last night (cheapest station; regular gas) - $2.99 on my way to work this morning. Mid- and high-grades are both over $3.00 now.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 01:46 PM

I just heard a rumor that the local pipeline was shut down due to a shortage. One local gas station is empty and can't get more. I REALLY hope this is just a rumor!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 01:50 PM

northern WI-2.84 last night, 2.99 now.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 01:55 PM

I actually paid 2.43 this morning. Couldn't believe that it hadn't gone up yet. The other stations in town were 2.66. It will probably all go up today. This is in east Texas.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 01:57 PM

Went by the station last night was... $2.66 a gallon... cost me $33.00 and I drive a Ford Taurus...sad thing.. after that I went to the store.. got a large bag of skinless chicken breast, 1 head of lettuce, 3 tomatoes, 1 cucumber, bag of shredded cheese, bag of those seasoned almonds, box of club crackers, and a 24 oz bottle of Ranch dressing and paid 26.98 .... hhhmm.. it's terrible.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 01:58 PM

I have been to a few gas stations here in SW Florida that don't have any gas at all. I hope THAT doesn't last very long.
Posted By: Creditcop

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 02:35 PM

$2.68 at most places here in Southern Indiana but I saw one station at $3 and have heard of another at $3.20.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 02:45 PM

Quote:

I just heard a rumor that the local pipeline was shut down due to a shortage. One local gas station is empty and can't get more. I REALLY hope this is just a rumor!

Pipeline? You don't mean a physical pipeline, do you?

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 03:41 PM

That's what I was told...it was a line onto our rural area and that most of the stations in the area would not be able to get fuel for some time.

I haven't heard it again, and don't see it on the local news...but it was from a very reliable source...

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 04:50 PM

The only thing I'm aware of being transported by a line in the midwest is natural gas.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 05:00 PM

Just ran an errand, gas in SE mi for the cheapest was at 3.16, another station had it for 3.00, yesterday it was 2.69, this is crazy!

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 05:18 PM

Heard that gas prices are supposed to average $3.50 by end of holiday weekend, because of New Orleans situation.
Posted By: Blind Guardian

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 05:29 PM

i don't even pay attention anymore because we can't really do anything about it. can we?

instead of picking up something else at the gas station like a drink or something, i put it all towards gas.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 05:44 PM

CNN says to expect $4 a gallon soon.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 06:21 PM

Quote:

The only thing I'm aware of being transported by a line in the midwest is natural gas.

I don't know all the details, but I ran into a lady at lunch who asked me if I had heard about it. It's in the SW corner of MO. I'm trying to find more details...
Posted By: mountainmannj

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 06:34 PM

They are all over the place today, I've seen it as low as $2.57/gal to $3.16/gal for regular. Yesterday I filled up at $2.63 and today the same gas station was selling it for $3.16.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 06:47 PM

Never mind the gas prices, what's this all going to do to the crawfish prices come season????????? Or will there even BE a season this year?
Posted By: QCL

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 07:12 PM

Sorry EGB - I've never had crawfish.

And gas here is $3.35 across the street and $2.99 across town.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 08:05 PM

Quote:

Never mind the gas prices, what's this all going to do to the crawfish prices come season????????? Or will there even BE a season this year?

Crawfish..yikes...eeww... I just can't do crawfish...LOL..

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 08:21 PM

Gas went from 2.79 a gallon an hour ago to 3.69 a couple of minutes ago. Small town in Southern Illinois. The grocery store and gas station are 1/2 a block from each other, they haven't posted prices on the signs since monday, they only post at the pump.

Re: Gasoline prices - 08/31/05 08:28 PM

{whispering - I don't actually eat the little mudbugs either but DH does, 2x/week at least, during season. I just go along to be social, and it's a fun time out of the house. Esp as I'll have a newborn round then and will want adult conversation!}

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 02:53 PM

Watching CNN and just saw a BP station in Atlanta selling at $6.00/gallon, incredible!
Posted By: slick

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 02:55 PM

Noon yesterday- $2.74
5:30 yesterday- $3.10

Makes me sick!

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 02:57 PM

Quote:

Watching CNN and just saw a BP station in Atlanta selling at $6.00/gallon, incredible!

This is what one of the guys I work with told me this morning.. I almost fell out.. glad to be in Texas right now..

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 03:26 PM

Eastern Ky ~ Friday $2.48; Tuesday $2.69; Wednesday $3.09!

Holy molie! I'm going to have to quit work to save money!

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 03:29 PM

Northern New Mexico:
Monday $2.71, Tuesday $2.91, Wednesday $3.01....
And that is just for the cheap 86 octane....

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 03:34 PM

Quote:

Eastern Ky ~ Friday $2.48; Tuesday $2.69; Wednesday $3.09!

Holy molie! I'm going to have to quit work to save money!

This is for the cheap stuff also! Crazy...

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 03:36 PM

Southern NH-yesterday am-2.61-last night-2.99...i find it hard to beleive my local shell dealer got hit with a .38 increase in 12 hours......
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 03:44 PM

Gallon of Gas......................................................$3.19
Donation to Red Cross.......................................$100.00
Having not lost life or property in the hurricane.......Priceless

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 04:36 PM

Quote:

Gallon of Gas......................................................$3.19
Donation to Red Cross.......................................$100.00
Having not lost life or property in the hurricane.......Priceless

That was priceless!!
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/01/05 06:27 PM

Yes!MOML was extremely down this week, with the passing away of his dad, the quadrupling of our real estate taxes in Florida (see another thread), and the gas prices, costing him over $70 to fill his tank. But, when we watched the TV special last night on Katrina's aftermath, we both are thankful for what we've still got.

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 04:34 PM

I was lucky to fill up yesterday at $2.99/gal. After I filled up and as I was leaving the station the price for reg. unleaded had jumped to $3.19/gal. And there was a tanker there putting gas in the tanks.

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 04:52 PM

2.87 at my local station last night; saw some on the highway this morning for 3.09.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 05:42 PM

Per my Mother and my sister, Gas stations all over Florida are running out of gas and aren't getting any more just yet. My Dad said that most gas stations in Pensacola were out of gas. My sister was supposed to visit my parents this weekend but had to cancel because of the uncertainty that she would be able to buy gas to get home. In GA today, Governor Purdue issued a gas sales tax moratorium until the end of September. He indicated that should reduce the price of gas by 15 cents a gallon. That would be nice, since the most recent signs I saw indicated $3.30 per gallon for regular.
Posted By: Blind Guardian

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 06:01 PM

They just shot up here in Philly area;
$3.30-$3.50 for regular
$3.70-$3.90 for premium

I am so glad I got transferred this week and have to only drive 3 miles to work. I drive a neon so it's pretty decent on gas also.

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 06:06 PM

I filled up for 2.89 last night, I chuckled to myself as I watched the 4x4 ford HD, the Suburban, and the jacked up Tahoe fill up next to me. I was thinking of getting a new car in the next few months, but seeing as how mine is doing just fine I might just wait until next year like I was thinking of doing anyway just to see how this gas price thing places out. If it keeps going up for such a long period of time a hybrid or some other high gas mileage car might be in my future.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 06:26 PM

Most stations in the city are $3.30 plus. I lucked out and found $2.97 in a small town. However, some of our(in Mass) stations have already run out, MSNBC mentioned it this morning.
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 07:56 PM

At lunch, three stations in town were at $3.25, one at $3.13. I filled up at the cheaper station, went back and told all my co-workers, who then went to fill up. The last one said, as she was filling her tank, the owner was up on a ladder changing the prices on his sign. But she still got hers at the cheaper price.

I was going to wait until tommorrow to fill up on my trip up north; glad I noticed the difference in prices and got mine now.
Posted By: Neytiri

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 08:31 PM

Yesterday $3.19; today $3.29.

I thought the refineries were supposed to be powered and pumping gas by this weekend? A lot of places are running out of gas. One of my coworkers has family in NC and there is no gas to be had anywhere in their area.

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 08:33 PM

Does anyone know what gas availabilty is in Louisiana and Mississippi. I have to drive on I-20 to Jackson and I'm worried about getting gas. Thanks for any info.
Posted By: Creditcop

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 09:20 PM

Never thought that I would feel lucky to have gotten gas at $3.05 this morning.
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 09:27 PM

$2.77 yesterday.

$2.89 this morning.

Same station. I am sure it is higher this afternoon.
Posted By: SouthernComfort

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/02/05 09:40 PM

$3.69 in Souther Illinois and one of the stations is out of gas

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 05:38 AM

can you believe it, 2.49 a gallon for the cheap stuff in Jackson Mississippi. The people here even have the nerve to complain about the price of gas.
Posted By: wavewatcher

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 08:29 AM

We are up to $3.20 for cheap gas on Oahu and $4.20 on lanai. Next week prices will be jumping 44 cents. I'll have to save to pay for gas. We've been having big sales on SUVs.

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 05:01 PM

The price of gas just went down 6c per gallon here.

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 05:02 PM

Down about 9 cents here, thank goodness. Not enough, but it's a start.
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 05:03 PM

Ours went down 9c yesterday and another 3c today. Better fill up.
Posted By: Dip

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 05:09 PM

i'm just happy that for once, southern cali is below the national avergae for gas. i tanked up yesterday for 2.99 for regular--thank god! someone gave us a break!
Posted By: Midwest Banker

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 07:13 PM

We just dropped to $2.99 for regular! BIG SAVINGS! I think employers will now need to add Gas Savings Accounts to our Flex Benefits, not to mention the fact that our energy company stated prices will increase 45%.

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 07:26 PM

And how sad is it that I am so happy that the price of gas dropped to $2.98 here? Although I much prefer 2.98 to the 3.19 it was last week!
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 08:49 PM

cheap gas is $2.85 here in dallas and thats at quicktrip

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 08:58 PM

I went back to the first thread which started on 7/8. Prices up anywhere from .50 to $1 per gallon since then. $2 per seemed ridiculous then....ah-memories.

Have a great weekend.
Posted By: cbu3

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/09/05 09:30 PM

Gas is stable here at 3.49 - I'm hoping that the reductions that others are seeing will arrive here, too!

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/10/05 03:46 PM

Day by day, I'm seeing more stations with regular unleaded for under $3.00/gal. I hope his trend continues here.
Posted By: Cat Woman

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/12/05 10:40 PM

Quote:

Most stations in the city are $3.30 plus. I lucked out and found $2.97 in a small town. However, some of our(in Mass) stations have already run out, MSNBC mentioned it this morning.

I found one for $2.97 in the next town over from me. It's not really worth it for me though. It'll probably take me 20 minutes to get there!!
Posted By: Sunshine_101

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/26/05 10:10 PM

3.00 and up here in CO

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/26/05 10:29 PM

Where are you CO? You're prices are about the same as ours.
Posted By: huntik

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/27/05 01:32 PM

I saw $2.59 this morning in NE.

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/27/05 01:49 PM

Gas is down to around $2.80 now for the cheap stuff (in Ky). As said before, how sad is it that we're all glad?!?!

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/27/05 02:47 PM

It's still $2.75 here... I dread to see it go up again. It wasn't very nice when it was $3.11...

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/27/05 06:08 PM

It was $2.59 this morning when I filled up. At lunch, I noticed it is now $2.64.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Gasoline prices - 09/27/05 06:14 PM

Ours was $2.67 on Friday and as of this morning, still hasn't gone up. Hopefully it won't since I have to travel over 150 miles on Monday to a client's.

Re: Gasoline prices - 04/12/06 10:55 PM

By this summer, we may be talking about September 2005 as the good ol' days of cheap gas.