Any BrownCoats out there??

Posted By: Brandy Osborne

Any BrownCoats out there?? - 08/30/05 07:23 PM

I am a recent "recruit" in the Browncoats and wondered if there were any other fans out there?
For those who don't know what a Browncoat is: it is a fan of the short lived but wonderful show "Firefly" created by Joss Whedon in 2002 on Fox. the show was canceled but had such a fan outrage that they released the entire show (including unaired episodes) on DVD and the BDM "Serenity" is coming out Sept 30, 2005.
I can not say enough good things about this show, its cast and hope that the movie does well enough to garner 2 more (they have a 3 movie deal)
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 08/30/05 07:29 PM

I liked Firefly, and watched it when it first came out. I like Whedon's loyalty to good actors; Gina Torres and the male lead (sorry, his name escapes me) were in several of his other shows. I know he did Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, but didn't he also do Cleopatra 2525, the Legneds of Hercules and Xena Warrior Princess?
Posted By: Chi

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 08/30/05 07:35 PM

HUGE fan of the series and definitely looking forward to the series.

Unfortunately, Universal has decided to use word of mouth to advertise the film, which may or may not be successful. The DVDs have sold well and I'm sure those who bought the series will see the film; however, I just don't know if mainstream audiences will take a liking to the material.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 08/30/05 08:18 PM

I keep hoping they'll recruit Whedon to direct the rest of the Harry Potter movies!
Posted By: XODUS

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 08/30/05 08:20 PM

Whedon is busy writing comic books last I checked.

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 08/30/05 09:25 PM

the lead is Nathan Fillion... they got the entire cast back for the movie... I hope the success of other comic/ and sci fi stuff will help get this movie noticed. Whedon is one of the best script writers out there.
Posted By: Paul Franklin

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 08/31/05 06:51 PM

Add another Browncoat here. Saw the movie in Portland on May 5th too...pretty darned cool even though the soundtrack and special effects were not complete.
Only 30 days left.

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 09/01/05 12:26 PM

i got my hands on the new figures and the 1st issue of the comic (yes i admit my offical geekness now). the comic is already worth quite a bit more than cover. but the reaver looked freaky... Can not wait to see the movie!
Posted By: Paul Franklin

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 09/01/05 03:10 PM

I don't have any figures yet, but I have issues 1 and 2 of the comics (all 3 covers of each :-) the only comics I have ever purchased)...don't know why I am so enamored with the firefly verse...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 09/01/05 05:26 PM

weddon is also writing and directing the new wonder woman movie.

blind guardian

Re: Any BrownCoats out there?? - 09/26/05 12:11 AM

1 week left. Please go see this movie. It will be wonderful. Even if you have not watched the show, reviews are saying that you will enjoy it as well.