Who still likes the Vikes??

Posted By: XODUS

Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:28 PM

cuz I do!!! I think they are best team in the NFC this year. The moves they made in the offseason on D-Fence, plus the trade of our version of TO(Moss) should stablize a team that historically has had too much tormoil.

Now if only Mike Tice can coach.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:29 PM

GO PACK!!!!

Sorry, can't help myself!!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:38 PM

Down with the cheese heads.
Posted By: Viking Princess

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:49 PM

I'm a big Vikings fan -
Posted By: Spivol

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:50 PM

You know whodunit....I am from OK as well and I wish we would get a NFL team. I would be there all the time. I heard that Tulsa was trying to get one. Actually last I heard they were trying to get any professional team they could whether it be baseball, basketball, football etc...

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:57 PM

I read a plan to actually try and build a stadium half-way between Tulsa and OKC that way both cities could attend.
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:57 PM

My name is Princess Leia and I like the Vikes.

Not because I've lived in MN my whole life. Not because I think Purple and Gold go together better than Green and Yellow . Not because I think the Metrodome (or Rollerdome as Mike Ditka called it) is a great stadium.

It must be because I'm a glutton for punishment.

I guess it's like I expect them to start off strong every year and play awesome against strong teams. Every year it's "our year." Nothing better than beating the Pack at Lambeau. Nothing worse than losing to the Bears at home (sorry mom of princess natalie).

Honestly, I don't have a lot of hope for significant post season activity. It's like watching a train wreck ... I can't stop watching (and cheering for our team) and they depress me year after year.

I've learned to cope by expecting the worst (no playoffs) -any victories (especially against the Pack ) are gravy.

I'm still recovering from the year that Denny Green took a knee at the end of regulation to Atlanta in the Division Championship ... and we lost our chance to go to the Superbowl. That year was "our year." And, that's the only Vikings game I've ever been to.

I feel much better now. Thank you.

Where are ya Snowqueen, beaconpaul, sarahH, D2X, et al ... ??

At least Whodunit and I can have our own Vikings fan support group courtesy of BOL

BTW, I have a Randy Moss jersey if anyone wants it ...

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:58 PM

Ene, What's your feelings on the season? You too Spivol.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 09:59 PM

I want a Vikings avatar. I need to find one.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:01 PM

I do not like the new "V" at mid field. It looks too much like Houston's steer head.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:02 PM

I was happy to see Moss go.....more for his attitude than playing rights. Anyhow - I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's their YEAR! lol - ..........I was sooo set on them making it to the super bowl, I was just crushed. I think many silly mistakes cost them - not necessarily that the teams were so much better. Wish I was in MN because I would be at every game. Sorry - P.Leia - no moss jersey wanted here

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:03 PM

I agree with the V. It's part of the "new" turf.

Whodunit - I think you should move to MN. We need more fans like you. Plus, we have great winters

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:04 PM

Quote:

Sorry - P.Leia - no moss jersey wanted here

I'm not sure I could GIVE it away

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:06 PM

You know...I don't really watch alot of NFL football. I am more of a college fan. But what I have noticed is that the Vikings have a ora about them. That even if they lose they win. You know what I mean? I watched that awesome play they had last year, you know which one I'm talking about, and I couldn't help but think...'keep going guys, you can take it to the end.' I think they will do well this year. Besides...I don't want to hear anymore of TO in the news. I am so sick of that.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:06 PM

And worst of all is when he did that Right Guard commercial with Bam. Weak!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:09 PM

I have the Vikings Team news as a favorite, how sick of a fan am I - lol

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:12 PM

Gotta agree with ya there, PE - that's sick (ha ha)

Like my new look?

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:22 PM

Heyy - the princessesssss are suppose to stick together! ha!

I want a Vikings avatar!!! wahhhh -

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/01/05 10:30 PM

Yeah - thanks to Princess Leia - now I have the coolest ever avatar lol and I changed my name too!!! Bye bye princess ene(for now)...
Posted By: JacF

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 02:39 AM

Call me silly, but I don't see why people think the Vikings are going to have a good season. Sure they've made some improvements on defense, but until they make improvements at head coach, they will never be better than a tier-2 team. In fact, I'm not even sure they can take their division this year. Provided they stay healthy, I think the Lions have the best shot at winning the NFC North.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 01:52 PM

Sorry JacFSB, as Viking's fans we always have hope!! Go Vikes!!

PS...I too have a Randy Moss jersey for sale...it may be a collectors item some day...don't miss out on this one!!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 01:56 PM

You are out of your mind? It doesn't matter the Lions have the best 3 WR's under 25, and Marcus Pollard at TE. They have one of the worst starting QB's in the league.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 01:57 PM

Can you guys see my avatar?
Posted By: JacF

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 02:09 PM

Quote:

Sorry JacFSB, as Viking's fans we always have hope!!

I understand. As a lifelong Eagles fan, I know all about misplaced hope.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 03:10 PM

Quote:

Can you guys see my avatar?

Yes, and it is very nice.
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 03:13 PM

Do I like the Vi-queens? You MUST be joking!

Like I've said before, I bleed green and gold!

GO PACK GO!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 03:17 PM

Hey, we got a couple of princesses here who hope to be Vi-qeens someday. Down with the green and gold pestilence. We are coming to pillage Lambeau and make sacrifice of Over-the-Hill Favre and Ahman "fumble" Green.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 03:36 PM

LOL, Whodunit! Too bad, you're not from Tampa; you could have added a Buccaneer "argh"!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 04:12 PM

Ragnar Rules!!

Don't worry Nanwa, we still love you
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 05:03 PM

I'm with Nanwa on this - GO PACK! And yes, I've worn my green and gold at the Metrodome.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/02/05 05:30 PM

Sadly, the majority of people in the Dome for Vikes/Packer games have on green & gold.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 03:02 PM

Hey, good news our beloved Purple People Eaters have signed another much maligned, talented, head case wide receiver to replace the one we traded away!!! Let's welcome Koren Robinson into the fold folks. Good news is next failed drug test and he is out for the season, can anybody say Onterrio Smith????
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 03:15 PM

Oof, Robinson is a risk and a half. I guess they must figure that if they sign enough talented wideouts ONE of them might make up for half of Randy Moss.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 03:25 PM

I just hope he doesn't interfere with the development of Williamson.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 03:30 PM

I like purple...That's something, right? My fraternity's colors were purple and gold.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 04:11 PM

Good enough for me. You're in.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 04:38 PM

I like purple, too.....but my heart is green and gold.....

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 05:42 PM

This week we get to scuttle the Buc's ships and force Gruden off the plank. The Plunder from Up Yonder travels south to pillage former division rivals and exiled NFC south no-good-niks the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This will be a good game for our new improved defense to show what it is made of against a vanilla offense with no real weapons. The days of sailing the Seven Seas are over for the Buc's, the longboats are on the horizon!!!!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 06:00 PM

Scratch that, the scalawags are coming to do the DOME of DOOM.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/05 07:12 PM

The Vikings really hurt themselves by signing Koren Robinson. What was Meathead Tice thinking!?

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 04:25 PM

I for one do, 10 turnovers in 2 games???? Will the real Dante Culpepper please stand up? I have been out of town but now i am back. Things may be bad in Valhalla but not nearly as bad as they are in Packer land a loss to the Browns at Lambeau??? No Javon Walker?? Our long boat will be righted and the NFC north plundered.
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 04:28 PM

Your team is brutal! Sorry to say it. I think meathead Tice needs to go. If I recall he was kept on/brought in because he could work with Moss. Or maybe Daunte Culpepper was the most overrated NFL QB in the last 25 years.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 04:31 PM

I second Whodunit

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 05:22 PM

At least we wont have Nanwaaaaaa boasting of packer glory in our thread.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 05:23 PM

No doubt!!! Sorry Nanwa...lol - I don't want to hear anything more about those darn Packers...ha

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 05:26 PM

If Mike Tice continues on this path his coaching days are numbered. Losing he who will go unnamed and our offensive coordinator should not have caused this kind of drop.

Tice will meet a pyrrhic demise if things don't turn around soon.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 07:06 PM

I love the Vikes. You can't blame Tice. Sorry charlie, but uh it's the QB who's dropping the ball, and the ownership that decided they didn't need Moss.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 07:09 PM

I will blame Tice. Culpepper is overrated. I don't think he even has the best arm in the game (Vick and McNabb 1 and 1a). Vikes have had some bad luck injuries too but Tice isn't the best gameplanning coach around.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 07:10 PM

ROFL Mexico Vick has the best arm? You are kidding right? Vick has no arm. McNabb, Manning, and Palmer have the best arms in the league.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 07:14 PM

I was actually serious despite the seeming bias (I actually think he's fun to watch but I am still bitter about last monday). Vick has a cannon. I am only talking about pure distance or power arm strength. Manning is not there with the cannon though he is a better traditional passer. Vick has very little accuracy but he can throw it 80 yards. Palmer does have a pretty good arm homer, I will grant you that.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 07:59 PM

The real problem is the Vikings can't run the ball. I guess Moss taking that safety with him down field helped the running game more than anybody could have thought. Culpepper's arm strength is fine, how soon you forget Culpepper to Moss and deep routes. If he had no arm then Moss would have been no threat.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 08:12 PM

I didn't say that he doesn't have a strong arm. He has a very strong arm but I saw a Sporting News ranking of arms in the NFL and I disagree with him as the pick for #1 bazooka.
Posted By: redsfan

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 08:59 PM

Michael, I have seen all those quarterbacks play live, and I have to tell you, Ron is right. I saw Vick throw a ball 65 yards on a dead flat line on a rollout in his sophomore year at Virginia Tech. To make it harder, he was throwing off his back foot, not his front. The ball was picked out the air head high by the receiver, or it would have goe farther.

I have been an NFL fan for most of my life, and the only other two QBs I can remember with that much arm strength are Terry Bradshaw of the Steelers and Greg Cook, who played for our beloved Who-deys back in 1969.
Posted By: RandomName

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 09:16 PM

Quote:

I saw Vick throw a ball 65 yards on a dead flat line on a rollout in his sophomore year at Virginia Tech. To make it harder, he was throwing off his back foot, not his front.

Also, it was snowing, he was throwing uphill, he was wearing blindfolds, and a pair of marmosets were chewing on his ankles.
Posted By: redsfan

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 09:19 PM

Get the story right, RandomName. It wasn't marmosets, it was MARMOTS.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 09:21 PM

it could have been marmosets(small south american monkeys) but they would have really been out of place!!!

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 09:34 PM

Back to the issue at hand, I went to the library after the 1st hour of that debacle yesterday. Tice pulled Bennett and gave the nod to Moore, why won't he pull Culpepper - at least for a series.

Does anyone think that having Matt Birk (center) out is making things worse? It certainly can't be helping. All it would have taken was a 1 year extension on his contract. Grrr.

The difference between the Vikings & Packers (both 0-2) this year is that the Vikings were expected to do something this year. The Packers weren't expected to do a whole lot.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 09:36 PM

I think the fear of Brad Johnson keeps him from pulling Culpepper.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/19/05 09:39 PM

Brad might be 110 in football years, but he couldn't have been any worse than Dante yesterday!

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/22/05 10:04 PM

So, who is going to run the ball this weekend?

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 01:55 PM

Quote:

Herschel Walker?

They may want to think about putting in Fran Tarkenton and Ahmad Rashad also.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 02:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Herschel Walker?

They may want to think about putting in Fran Tarkenton and Ahmad Rashad also.

That's pretty funny! Herschel .. ha ha. Talk about a bust. Anyway, it won't be Bennett - he's on the short list. Should be Moore. Moe Williams for short yardage carries.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 02:32 PM

All I know is I hope Daunte wakes up. I've got him on a couple of my fantasy teams, AND I want to see him light it up this week so that people will realize it wasn't just him stinking but the fact that the Bengals have a good defensive backfield that caused our Blowout!

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 02:42 PM

Should we try to get into the Ricky Williams sweepstakes later this season? We can trade Bennett, a WR, and maybe a draft pick for him.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 02:55 PM

Dante was cut in my league last night

Minneapolis police reported that some individual attempted to "egg" Mike Tice's house last night.

An empty egg carton was recovered at the scene. Two eggs hit Mr. Tice's house, three eggs went over his house and hit his neighbor's back door, two eggs hit the houses of each of his next door neighbors, and the remaining three eggs were found broken on the ground near the carton from where the individual threw them.

Based on the evidence found at the scene, police officials have put out an APB on Daunte Culpepper.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 03:03 PM

ROFL Leia.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 05:56 PM

Rumors are now flying that Bennett may be traded to the Cardinals.

I also have Mr. Culpepper on one of my fantasy teams, but he's riding the pine this weekend until he has redeemed himself. Look for a 65-point explosion this weekend.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 05:58 PM

I'd love to be in the league that cut Daunte. (at least it wouldn't have cost me carson)

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 06:11 PM

Traded for who? Marcel Shipp?

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 07:13 PM

From one of my fantasy football sites:

"Michael Bennett - RB, Minnesota Vikings 09/22/05

Kevin Seifert of the Minnesota Star Tribune reports that the Minnesota Vikings have held brief discussions with the Arizona Cardinals regarding the potential trade of RB Michael Bennett, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. No deal is imminent at this point for Bennett to be shipped to the Cardinals and head coach Dennis Green, who selected Bennett in the first round of the 2001 draft during his stint in Minnesota. The NFL trading deadline is Oct. 18.

Huddle Up: If this deal becomes a reality it primarily impacts the fantasy fortunes of four backs, Bennett, Mewelde Moore, Marcel Shipp and JJ Arrington with Moore standing the most to gain from Bennett's departure from Minneapolis. Conversely, Bennett's addition to the Arizona backfield will create the kind of fantasy confusion we currently see in the Minnesota running back depth chart."

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 07:49 PM

So probably just draft picks then?

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 08:01 PM

I bet the Vikes would throw Bennett AND draft picks if they could get Denny Green back.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 09:00 PM

Maybe the Vikings can trade Bennett and some other stuff for a WR.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 09:01 PM

AZ does have an extra decent WR...

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 09:03 PM

if they want some average ones we can send Taylor or one of the Robinsons.
Posted By: captain morgan

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 09:56 PM

I've been a Vikings fan all my life. Not to make excuses for them, but, we do have a new offensive cordinator this year. We are without Ontario Smith, Matt Birk and Moss. These are major changes they must figure out, until then its going to be a very long season.
Besides these changes, we have been out coached in both our losses.
But...... our punter punts the ball very well.

Arizonia..is this where the old and washed up players go to die?? Or is it Green bay??

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 10:09 PM

Quote:

We are without Ontario Smith, Matt Birk and Moss.

You may be without Smith, but do you still have the wiz-o-nator?

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/23/05 10:11 PM

Quote:

I bet the Vikes would throw Bennett AND draft picks if they could get Denny Green back.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we want the Sheriff back
Posted By: cologirl@heart

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/26/05 02:45 AM

I still like the VIKES!!! And I noticed today that Tice was calling the plays and see what happened... I also noticed that Culpepper had more confidence in himself. They played well.

I, for one, am NOT a fair weather fan.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/26/05 01:34 PM

Alas, we see why we drafted Troy Williamson. Soon Randy Moss will be a name forgotten. One thing to note is how good defensively those first two opponents were. I hope
Bennett never comes back. Mewelde Moore was my fantasy football savior last year and I think he is the best back on the team. League beware the Culpepper express is back on track. And I believe he was the top scoring fantasy QB in most formats this week.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/26/05 03:37 PM

Thank God.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 09/26/05 07:27 PM

Quote:

And I believe he was the top scoring fantasy QB in most formats this week.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the sweet, sweet taste of all those points he earned ON MY BENCH.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/03/05 02:53 PM

What the heck!!! At least we are in the NFC north, everyone is bad and we can win the division just by beating up on them. I am officially calling for Tice to be fired. All the free agents they brought in and this is the best they can do?

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/03/05 03:39 PM

FYI: The team to be in first place in the division for the last 2 weeks has been the team that DIDNT PLAY!

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/03/05 03:54 PM

Quote:

FYI: The team to be in first place in the division for the last 2 weeks has been the team that DIDNT PLAY!

Berman made a joke about this on ESPN.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/03/05 05:34 PM

Man, I was thinking "I sure could use C-Pepp coughing up another THREE turnovers to totally kill my fantasy football team this week!" Thankfully, he came through. I think I can pencil him in for at least a fumble and an interception every game for the remainder of the season.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/03/05 05:38 PM

I lost a bet with the hubby who thought Culpepper would be sacked 6 times. I thought it wouldn't be that many - silly me

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/03/05 07:08 PM

Thank God I traded Palmer away to get Pep! Atl in Atl is tough so, while this may be partially wishful thinking, I think we can expect more of the 3TD a game variety Pep rather than the turnover-maker.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/04/05 03:52 PM

Well Viking fans, let us take solace in that the thorn in our side Favre will no longer be a problem after this season. 0-4 for the first time ever, he may not stay the whole season. Let's see Aaron Rodgers. The Packers may be the worst team in football. Take that Nanwa. I can't wait to start playing division games so we can fix our record.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/12/05 03:06 PM

Good news! we didn't lose this weekend.
Posted By: grmasterb

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/13/05 02:16 PM

Quote:

Good news! we didn't lose this weekend.

Not on the field, anyways. In the court of public opinion, however, I'd say the Vikes scored a big "L." As if Mike Tice didn't have enough problems. I feel sorry for the guy, actually.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/13/05 02:22 PM

Are the Vikings becoming the Jailblazers of the NFL?

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/13/05 02:28 PM

Quote:

Are the Vikings becoming the Jailblazers of the NFL?

Lord, I hope not. I'm not a Vikings fan; I just don't like seeing so much unlawful behavior by professional athletes. If what's being reported is true, it certainly shows poor judgment on the part of several Vikings players. Professional athletes have to be aware that their personal conduct off the playing field has the potential to become public knowledge. If this story has legs, the media will hound the players all season, and it will be a huge distraction. I think Tice has lost control of this team. It could wind up being a very bad season for Vikings fans.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/17/05 01:43 PM

This is ridiculous!! Fire Tice now. Trade off these jokers and get some draft picks and lets start planning for the future.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/17/05 01:47 PM

The Vikes suck. Tice is awful. Fred Smoot is the man though.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/17/05 03:15 PM

You would like Fred Smoot, right up your alley if the legend is true.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/17/05 03:42 PM

Quote:

You would like Fred Smoot, right up your alley if the legend is true.

Re: Who still likes the Vikes?? - 10/17/05 06:08 PM

I...can't believe I trusted C-Pepp enough again to let him off the bench of my fantasy team roster. He quickly rewarded me with zero TDs and two INTs. He has now been exiled to a perpetual tour of the pine, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, and never more shall he again see starting glory. Thus endeth the lesson.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/17/05 09:46 PM

What do you think of the Vikes "Maiden" Voyage?????????

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/17/05 09:54 PM

Let's fire Tice and hire Pete Carroll. Then trade up in the draft to get Reggie Bush. wait at this rate we may not have to trade up to get Bush.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/18/05 09:05 PM

Quote:

Let's fire Tice and hire Pete Carroll.

You do recall that Pete Carroll was a complete failure as head coach of the New England Patriots, right? Some coaches are just meant for the college game. Spurrier is another example.

Besides, with the Vikings historically cheap coaching budget, Carroll could probably make more at USC. Maybe Wilf will change that.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/18/05 09:18 PM

I don't really care who is the next coach as long as Tice doesn't make it through the season. Hopefully, we can dump Bennett and some other salary and pursue a legit RB and some OL help.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/05 04:04 PM

Can this be it? The glimmer of hope that all Viking fans needed? Down 17-0 and come back for victory, surely the longboat has been righted. only one game out in the NFC Norse division. Go Purple!!!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/05 05:02 PM

I think all of America heard my screaming for joy. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to see another win, held out a string of hope and they did it! Now - let's hope they are on the road to recovery? Too hopeful? maybe - but gotta be that way! - Yes, Iduit, GO PURPLE!
Posted By: pjs

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/05 05:11 PM

and tell me again who are the vikes?

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/05 05:39 PM

If you don't know - maybe you shouldn't be asking - just kidding....gotta get that Viking rage out of me! ha ha

You'll definitely see them coming next year, I have faith.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/05 05:47 PM

Quote:

If you don't know - maybe you shouldn't be asking - just kidding....gotta get that Viking rage out of me! ha ha

You'll definitely see them coming next year, I have faith.

In light of the "Love Boat" incident you might want to choose your words more carefully!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/05 06:30 PM

The players involved in that will all be with other teams next year. Meanwhile let's see if the Vikings could pull the opposite game, and finish strong after starting bad.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/05 07:49 PM

Keep in mind, though, the Vikes only defeated the "mighty" Packers, who were without Walker, Green, Davenport, and Ferguson. Basically Green Bay only had Favre, a couple of regular starters, a few surprise promotions from the practice squad, and some guy that was eating pretzels up in the stands.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/25/05 03:12 AM

Personally, I thought the best part of the game were all the T-Shirts in the crowd that said, "I got laid at Al & Alma's" **

** the company that owns the "boats"

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/31/05 09:39 PM

Woe is me!!! Could the apparent season ending injury to Culpepper provide Tice with the excuse he needs to keep his job?? Congrat's to everyone who drafted C-Pep high in their fantasy football leagues, you can now feel good about setting your second round pick down. Maybe his knees would have been stronger if he hadn't been playing around on sex boats, they say it takes the knees out of boxers.

On a serious note, pending the MRI, this could be it for Culpepper. I know today's medicine is good, but he is a 300+ lb quaterback who likes to rely on his mobility. It could take him two years to get back and maybe longer. I think the Vikings have to look at drafting a QB now or at least try to get one on the free agent market.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/31/05 10:15 PM

Quote:

Congrats to everyone who drafted C-Pep high in their fantasy football leagues, you can now feel good about setting your second round pick down.

That would be me. My "fabulous" draft also featured Ahman Green as my fourth pick. At least I can now cut C-Pepp loose without any further agonizing over the wasted pick.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/31/05 11:02 PM

So, the question is....Do they draft Lienert? right now they are in position to be the third pick. Texans already have Carr and just spent a lot of money. Green Bay has Aaron Rodgers. Titans may sneak in for third worst, they may draft a QB.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/01/05 02:24 PM

It is official, ACL,MCL, and PCL. in other words, career over. Maybe if he was a younger smaller guy he could come back from this but I just don't see it happening for him. It is time to circle the long boats and see if Brad Johnson can find past glories in the purple and gold.
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/01/05 04:32 PM

Quote:

It is official, ACL,MCL, and PCL. in other words, career over. Maybe if he was a younger smaller guy he could come back from this but I just don't see it happening for him. It is time to circle the long boats and see if Brad Johnson can find past glories in the purple and gold.

OK, I'll bite. What is K-Billy's Super Sounds of the 70s?

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/01/05 04:47 PM

That's a quote from Reservoir Dogs. Before Mr. Blonde cuts off the cops ear.
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/01/05 05:00 PM

TMI

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 03:30 PM

Best performance of the year comes after Culpepper? Is this a blessing in disguise?

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 03:43 PM

Quote:

Best performance of the year comes after Culpepper? Is this a blessing in disguise?

Might be, especially given the sorry state of the NFC North.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 04:10 PM

Can I vent about the Eagles on this thread? Seeing as we will likely have a top 5 pick at this rate and since we have 14 draft picks for the next draft, do you think we would be able to trade up to get Leinert as I really am ready to get rid of Donovan.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 04:23 PM

you may Eagles vent here. I don't want Lienert for my Vikes, I think Omar Jacobs will do just fine. But I am mixed on what I want Brad Johnson to accomplish. In the NFC north if the Vikes got hot we could finish 10-6 or 9-7. sort of a reverse of recent seasons, but i want Tice gone.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 04:29 PM

Brad is a bandaid. I am biased against Omar Jacobs (as I lost money when I bet on them against Boise State) but I think you may get good value as he won't go in the first round.

You better hope they don't make the playoffs if you want tice gone. I remember when PSU's hoops team went to the NCAA tournament and Jerry Dunn kept his job because of it and it totally buried our program that was just getting traction.

Seriously though, it may not be a bad thing to win the Reggie Bush/Gale Sayers lottery as that guy is awesome. Hopefully the Eagles can lose out.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 04:46 PM

Quote:

.....I really am ready to get rid of Donovan.

Is this Ron or T.O.???

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 04:49 PM

Not really but i hate how inaccurate he is. I was overjoyed at getting rid of TO.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 05:00 PM

but can you catch up to the 49'ers?

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 05:02 PM

that early season win is going to come back to haunt us.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 05:04 PM

you did just sign Westbrook to a five year deal, do you move Bush to receiver?

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 05:06 PM

yes. or find a way to use them both out of the backfield at the same time.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 05:08 PM

So what are you going to do with T.O.? Trade him to the Raiders for Porter, Gabriel, and Curry?

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/07/05 05:10 PM

judging by what they did with corey simon, i bet they do nothing and just let him get away. who needs him anyway with stinkston coming back next year

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/14/05 02:53 PM

Beware ye followers of other teams, a long forgotten hero has returned to lead the Norsemen to victory and a conferance championship. Despite the horrible start to the season the playoffs are attainable and once there anything can happen. Here comes the purple and gold!!!!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/14/05 04:57 PM

not that your team didn't play inspired ball but turnovers and special team mistakes gave you the win.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/14/05 05:51 PM

true that may be. But they did something no other NFL team had ever done. And still only won by 3. The Bears keep getting hurt so it is possible for the vikes to make the push.
Posted By: Zamboni Driver

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/14/05 05:52 PM

Quote:

judging by what they did with corey simon,

While those of us in Indy appreciate the way the Eagles handled the Corey Simon situation, please do not send TO this way. We already have one of the best receivers in the game and the worst thing he has ever done is pouted once during a game. You can keep TO.
Posted By: ZGuy20

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 11/14/05 09:18 PM

GO CHEIFS.... GO BENGALS..... yeah that's about it.... lol

Where's the Vike's fans?? - 11/22/05 03:02 PM

3 in a row, back to .500 headed to the playoffs? The NFC is so bad, particularly the North, a division title or wildcard is not out of the question. Let's hear it for Brad Johnson!!!
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Where's the Vike's fans?? - 11/22/05 03:03 PM

Go COWBOYS!!! If they had played a full 60 minutes each game, they would be 8-1.

Re: Where's the Vike's fans?? - 11/22/05 03:12 PM

Quote:

Go COWBOYS!!! If they had played a full 60 minutes each game, they would be 8-1.

You may be right. They got smacked around for 57 minutes against the Eagles and still won. I think they are going to get jacked up on turkey day.

Speaking of which, does anybody else feel the football games on thanksgiving are kind of hollow without Madden and the "Turducken"?

Vikings fans UNITE - 11/28/05 02:55 PM

Four wins in a row, one game out of the playoff hunt, here we come NFC the hottest team this side of Indy, 'ware the Purple and gold marauders from the North. The longboats are a sailing for the Super Bowl in Detroit.

In a side story, thanks to Ron Mexico's beloved Eagles who managed to botch the job and win a game, thus moving themselves down and the packers up in the Reggie Bush sweepstakes. Congrats PHilly, Nimrods!!!

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 11/28/05 03:00 PM

I was rooting for a patented Favre comeback. I thought the Pack was given a gift of a BS roughing call. *sigh* I guess we are to have to suffer through the Eagles playing for pride and moving farther and farther from the chance to trade up for the greatest number 1 pick in history.

RM

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 11/28/05 03:07 PM

Da Bears! Seven in a row!

Signed,
Another Anon

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 11/28/05 04:21 PM

that streak will be coming to an end soon, the bearskin rug will look nice around the campfire.

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 11/28/05 05:14 PM

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up too high, Whodunit. That way the crash won't be too severe. But give me some love because it's been a long 20 years!

Signed,
Another Anon

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 11/28/05 05:22 PM

I give the Bears love because they are winning in traditional Bears fashion, but that's it. If you want more love than that you have to move to a different division.

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 11/29/05 02:28 AM

Quote:

But give me some love because it's been a long 20 years!

Somehow I don't think you're going to convince a Vikings fan that 20 years since winning the Super Bowl is a long time, since they've never won it in their 44 year history!

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 12/05/05 04:32 PM

Another week, another victory. I think it is time to realize we are unstoppable and Super Bowl bound. Detroit here we come. All we need is Dallas and Atlanta to lose a couple more games while we continue to win and we are in.

The Bears are a travesty, 80 yards passing and still win the game. Their best receiver is Nathan Vasher. And can everybody do me a favor and realize Michael Vick for the fraud he is???? He may be the most overhyped player in NFL history.
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 12/05/05 04:46 PM

I couldn't agree with you more about Vick. Great wheels, but extremely overrated. They will never win with him at QB.
Hats off to the Vikes-who'd a thunk after the on and off field problems, they would win a bunch in a row with Brad Johnson at the helm? If nothing else, Mike Tice's job is saved.
My Giants took care of business yesterday, although it went down to the wire-the offense couldn't put it away and left it to the defense to win, but it counts.

Re: Vikings fans UNITE - 12/05/05 05:41 PM

That's eight wins in a row for the Bears Travesty Team. I'm loving it, even if it ain't pretty!

Signed,
Suzy

Re: Vikings fans UNTIE! - 12/05/05 08:01 PM

I'd love to see the Vikes in the Super Bowl... Right along with my Bengals. Then we could have another 4 turnover game and wup you again.

Re: Vikings fans UNiTE! - 01/10/06 06:16 PM

It seems as though the Vikings like what the Eagles have done the last few years as we have hired Brad Childress as our new head coach. Can't wait to hear from ron on this one.
Posted By: 02bonne

Re: Vikings fans UNiTE! - 01/10/06 06:19 PM

Go Bears!
Posted By: #12

Re: Vikings fans UNiTE! - 01/10/06 07:42 PM

I read in the paper today that the Jets are interviewing Mike Tice.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Vikings fans UNiTE! - 01/10/06 07:47 PM

And on a related note, it was reported that Jets management is Ďoff its rockerí.

Re: Vikings fans UNiTE! - 01/10/06 07:48 PM

Quote:

And on a related note, it was reported that Jets management is Ďoff its rockerí.

Now THAT is comedy!
Posted By: Big Dog

Re: Vikings fans UNiTE! - 01/10/06 08:24 PM

I heard an interview with one of the Jets Mgt yesterday. When asked if they would do the Coles for Moss trade again knowing what each one did this year, he said YES!

Sure, I would trade a 1400+ yard receiver with 4.27 speed for an 800 yard receiver who is always complaining about his sore toe!

Re: Vikings fans UNiTE! - 01/11/06 01:05 AM

Quote:

I read in the paper today that the Jets are interviewing Mike Tice.

If they give him a drug test, they should check for Whizzinators!

Look Who's Gone ... - 03/14/06 09:26 PM

Bye Bye Daunte

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 02:50 PM

Miami got a heck of a deal. I'm drafting Chris Chambers next year in my fantasy league.

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 02:57 PM

Quote:

Miami got a heck of a deal. I'm drafting Chris Chambers next year in my fantasy league.

great minds think alike. how could you not draft him to begin with!

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 02:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

great minds think alike. how could you not draft him to begin with!

Easily, there has always been a better option at the point I'd have to take him. Chad Johnson, Tory Holt, Marvin Harrison... Chambers will rise to the level of the uberelite next year.

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 03:19 PM

You hope, nobody knows how well Culpepper will return from these surgeries.

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 03:27 PM

Daunte's been begging to be traded for about a month. Someone who wants to leave isn't going to be putting their heart & soul into the team. Seriously, what are the odds that a guy that big would play at the same calibur with that injury?? He won't rehab with the team doctors (he's at home in FL) so the team doesn't know how the recovery is going. He tried to play the race card regarding the "Love Boat" incident and that got him nowhere fast and tried to pull a TO and ask for more $$. It's clear that Daunte & Ziggy don't see eye to eye.

There was a news report on the local news station last night that Randy Moss "stuff" still, by far, outsells Daunte's stuff

Plus, this way, Ziggy got out of paying his ridiculous bonus

What color is the sky in some of these player's worlds??

As a life long Vikings fan, all I can say is "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!"
Posted By: CB#3

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 04:53 PM

Culpepper being gone will be good for the Vikings. Without a receiver with Moss's ability, Culpepper just turns the ball over via int or fumble.

All you have to do is look how Johnson performed with the same players. The only problem now is that the Vikings need to draft a younger QB for Johnson to mentor before he is gone.

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 05:11 PM

Quote:

Culpepper being gone will be good for the Vikings. Without a receiver with Moss's ability, Culpepper just turns the ball over via int or fumble.

All you have to do is look how Johnson performed with the same players. The only problem now is that the Vikings need to draft a younger QB for Johnson to mentor before he is gone.

very good post, t. very observant. the norsemen will need a future qb but they have offensive weapons and what is becoming a very good offensive line. brad can certainly make just as many plays in this offense if not more because of another year of experience.

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 05:55 PM

So, the question becomes
1) is that Ron kissing up to Traveler? because you still won't get any eagles sympathy here.
2) Who is the best "fit" for the Vikings long term? Everyone is high on Cutler from Vandy, but I would rather see them draft someone later like an Omar Jacobs.
3) Who is left on QB free-agent market and who will be available in the upcoming couple of years?

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 05:58 PM

The signings of Hutchison and Chester Taylor will help this team. Taylor looked good several times in relief of Jamaal Lewis, but is he #1 material?

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 05:58 PM

Quote:

3) Who is left on QB free-agent market and who will be available in the upcoming couple of years?

On the news this morning, they said the Vikes were talking to the backup QB for the Packers. Don't know what "talking" constitutes ...

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 06:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

On the news this morning, they said the Vikes were talking to the backup QB for the Packers. Don't know what "talking" constitutes ...

They may as well sign him, they sign every other Packer free agent.

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 06:01 PM

Quote:

They may as well sign him, they sign every other Packer free agent.

Was it Longwell that signed last week?

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 06:02 PM

You are correct.

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 06:13 PM

Quote:

The signings of Hutchison and Chester Taylor will help this team. Taylor looked good several times in relief of Jamaal Lewis, but is he #1 material?

Taylor may be better than Lewis.

Re: Look Who's Gone ... - 03/15/06 06:27 PM

I hope so, as the team had some less than stellar rushing performances last year.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 06/28/06 04:36 PM

It's getting on to that time again. Let's hope Chester Taylor can supply a running game like we haven't seen since the Robert Smith days.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 06/29/06 03:06 AM

Don't hold your breath

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/16/06 05:57 PM

It's going to be a looooooooooooooong season for the purple & gold.

This week's headlines are not good.

#1 receiver in jail

# 1 draft pick out for season

All I can say is that our new coach looks just like Mr. Noodle from "Elmo's World"
Posted By: WesMantooth

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/16/06 06:29 PM

Tavaris Jackson looked good. That sucks though.

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/16/06 06:31 PM

OUCH! Greenway is a great player too!

Just hope he doesn't pull a Winslow and injure himself again before next season starts!
Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/16/06 06:40 PM

Even though they lost on Monday night, I thought there were several things to be excited about. I was starting to get some hope. I dreamt purple and gold.

Then I woke up this morning and realized that they are still the Vikings, after all. Why, why, WHY!!!

But I will not give up. I will not. This is their year, I can feel it.

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/16/06 08:22 PM

You must be kidding. This is the Vikes year? Take off those rose colored glasses honey!

At least us Packer fans have our eyes wide open. And they look pitiful!

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/16/06 09:01 PM

Quote:

You must be kidding. This is the Vikes year? Take off those rose colored glasses honey!

Ok, so now that Favre has turned from the great white hope to the old gray dope, how is the latest in the "God please let this guy be good enough so I can retire" QB?

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/16/06 09:30 PM

Quote:

They're purple colored glasses, thank you very much!

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/18/06 07:20 PM

MadisonCali, your avatar is scary!

Personally, I wish Farve would have been benched a couple of years ago. But they love him here. And this year, he has absolutely no one to back him up. If we win three games, I will be surprised.
Posted By: CB#3

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/18/06 08:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

They're purple colored glasses, thank you very much!

Unless those new uniforms were a one time deal, you will need to change those glasses to blue. I didn't realize they weren't purple until someone mentioned it to me.

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/18/06 09:00 PM

Quote:

Personally, I wish Farve would have been benched a couple of years ago. But they love him here. And this year, he has absolutely no one to back him up. If we win three games, I will be surprised.

I'd be surprised if the VIKES win 3 games

Re: Who likes the Vikes ... ver. 2006 - 08/18/06 09:01 PM

Quote:

Unless those new uniforms were a one time deal, you will need to change those glasses to blue. I didn't realize they weren't purple until someone mentioned it to me.

I agree ... I first thought I had the wrong channel and was watching a Charger's game

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/06 03:15 PM

some guys on ESPN predicted the Vikings to win the North can you believe it?

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/06 03:32 PM

Absolutely! This is their year!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/06 08:06 PM

Quote:

This is their year!

Spoken like a true Minnesotan

I wonder how many children from MN had "Vikings" as their first word? My son could say "Boo Packers" pretty early on

Sorry, Nanwa

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/06 08:11 PM

That's OK Princess, this year, I might be saying "Boo Packers" myself! I can't believe they got rid of just about everybody except Farve. I think they should have made it a clean slate.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/06 08:13 PM

I heard the Pack was looking at Koran Robinson ... good luck with THAT one

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/07/06 08:18 PM

We need a WHOLE lot more than luck - we need a miricle!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/11/06 12:05 AM

Quote:

We need a WHOLE lot more than luck - we need a miricle!

Oh, Nanwa - I'm not even sure what to say after that game

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/11/06 01:10 PM

2 Words..... DA BEARS!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/11/06 01:18 PM

That game yesterday was ugly...first shutout of Favre's career? What a crappy way to start the season...

I should reserve any comments before tonight, however.
The idea that the Vikes are opening on a nationally televised Monday night game kinda makes me nervous

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/11/06 01:21 PM

What makes me nervous is that our QB is about 120 in football years

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/11/06 01:39 PM

Quote:

Don't worry. So long as he doesn't take a hit like Trent Green did yesterday, he'll be fine. Older QBs generally aren't a bad thing in the NFL.

PS: I sure hope Green can come back next week and isn't out for a significant time after that shot!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/11/06 01:51 PM

Quote:

Did you read the article yesterday in the Trib? There are actually more QB's than one would think that have gone to the superbowl at (or almost at ) his age.
John Elway won two @ 37 and 38, for example...

Does anyone have any comments on Daunte's performance last week? I have to say he looked okay until, yet again, he threw two interceptions in the fourth quarter and threw away the game.
Some things never change...

Rather have Brad than Daunte any day of the week and 16 times on Sundays...
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/11/06 02:02 PM

Don't mean to hijack...but...

Did I hear something about a "double-header" tonight on Monday Night Football!? Wooohoooo!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/11/06 02:20 PM

Yep, two games in a row.
The Vikes are on at 6, I believe, and then I think it's the Raiders and the Chargers. Don't quote me on the second game...but I think I remember thinking that I get to see Randy Moss play after the Vikes...

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/12/06 11:58 AM

Purple pride ... purple pride

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/12/06 01:32 PM

Can you believe it? We actually WON because of a missed field goal...that's sure not what usually happens!

Thought they played pretty solid the whole game through. The running game needs some work...I'm not sure how I feel about Chester Taylor yet. They certainly are giving him enough chances to prove himself!

This better be the last time Troy Williamson lets two passes slip through his fingers in one game...he's being given his chance, he needs to step up. I'll chalk it up to nerves and hop it doesn't happen next week...

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/12/06 02:20 PM

Man, Williamson ticked me off early. I needed him for my fantasy team!

But, Brad looked sharp.

Taylor looked very effective against a pretty good run defense.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/12/06 03:10 PM

Ooooh, you have Williamson for your fantasy team? That would've ticked me off last night, too.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/12/06 03:44 PM

Yippee!!! Go Vikes!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/12/06 05:13 PM

Quote:

Ooooh, you have Williamson for your fantasy team? That would've ticked me off last night, too.

I have him on several of my fantasy teams, including my pay league, which I lost by .25 *BLEEP* points!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/18/06 01:26 PM

Woo Hoo! Go Vikes!
It may not be pretty, but it's a 'W'!

The actually ran a trick play that worked...that's just pure craziness!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/18/06 02:00 PM

2-0 is a great start especially since both victories were over supposed "playoff teams". Now if we can just handle our selves in the North and sweep the Packers and Lions that is 6 wins without even trying. Beware the blue-violet people eaters!!!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/18/06 02:08 PM

Childress is the first coach for the Vikings to ever start out 2-0, including Bud Grant. I'm trying so hard to keep my hopes in check, but I'm so excited by what I'm seeing so far!

Now if they would just pay Brad Johnson what he's worth so that we can keep him around for another year or so to take Tarvarus under his wing...

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/18/06 02:32 PM

I - being a self proclaimed Vikings cynic - am thrilled about the start.

Although Childress is the first new coach to be 2-0, how many of those new coaches took over teams with a winning record?

Sorry, I just can't keep my cynicism in check

And, I can't get over how Childress looks EXACTLY like Mr. Noodle from Elmo's World

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 09/18/06 04:26 PM

well, let's not get carried away with the 2-0 start either, though they were good wins, it's not like the Vikes just came out and dominated the other teams.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/09/06 09:06 PM

Rally around the violet blue people, this team has playoff potential. The defense is outstanding and Johnson does well not to lose us games.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/06 02:05 PM

How 'bout them Vikes last Sunday? Huh?
Beating Seattle in front of the loudest crowd in the NFL...
WOO HOO!

Trick plays? Got'em!
Sacks? Got'em!
Defensive touchdowns? Got'em!

Go Vikes!!!!
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/06 02:09 PM

Did you happen to see any of the Gophers / Bison game? We were in Fargo on Saturday at TGI Friday's watching the last half of that game. Good game but didn't dare cheer for the Gophers.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/24/06 02:14 PM

hey, i looked at the schedule last night, the Vikes should be favored in all but maybe 2 games the rest of the way. And a 9-1 finish is not out of the realm of possibility to finish 13-3. Who would have thought???

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/30/06 09:42 PM

good news fans... i started a Cardinals thread and they won the world series. I started this thread how can a Super Bowl not be far behind????

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/30/06 09:51 PM

Quote:

good news fans... i started a Cardinals thread and they won the world series. I started this thread how can a Super Bowl not be far behind????

Based on this reasoning, Iím going to start a thread about having nice smelling breath, an endless supply of beer, a wife who can cook and a dog that doesnít bite.

I just know this will all come true then.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/30/06 09:54 PM

let me know how it works...

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/30/06 10:28 PM

After thinking this over I donít think a new thread would help with my dilemma.

Iíve come to realize four very important rules of the universe:

1.There is no amount of mouthwash in the world that will completely eliminate a combination of beef jerky, pork rinds and hard boiled eggs from oneís breath.

2.I canít find Blatz anywhere so my quest for an endless supply of beer will be cut short.

3.No matter how lovingly I try to help, the wife will never get the hang of even boiling water.

4.The dog is just plain evil.
Posted By: pjs

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/30/06 09:21 PM

Mr. Peepers! You brighten my day. Thank you so much!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/30/06 09:27 PM

Peeps...
Don't knock the wife for her inability to cook.
Perhaps it's just part of her master plan.
It's been mine for years.

And it's worked great, I might add.

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/31/06 02:28 PM

Um.....
One word describes last night's game.
YUCK!

Anybody else watch last night's debacle?
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/31/06 02:29 PM

Quote:

Did anyone get the license plate of that Mack Truck (AKA New England) that ran over the Vikes last night??? OUCH
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/31/06 02:32 PM

Who likes the Vikes? Tom Brady.
Posted By: mck401

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/31/06 04:04 PM

I watched through the 3rd Qtr and felt like *I* had been hit by a Mack Truck (and I didn't get the license plate either)

I still like the Vikes! My brother and I had a rival going when I was younger. He always stood by his Team!

Re: Who likes the Vikes?? - 10/31/06 03:43 PM

Vikes fans are used to getting hit by a Mack Truck at least a couple times every season...yet we all stick around, year after year, truck after truck

My debit card is Vikings themed (my prior bank is one of their sponsors), and I actually got laughed at this morning while I was filling my gas tank.

Maybe it was the driver of last night's truck?