Survivor starts this thursday...

Posted By: dalejrfanatic

Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/12/05 09:23 PM

I can't wait. Is there any spoilers for this yet? Who are the 2 Survivors that are coming back this year?
Posted By: #12

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/12/05 09:24 PM

I believe there was a thread on here saying it was Bobby Jon and Steph.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/12/05 09:28 PM

Oh yes...EGB has the spoiler site up and running already. She is always good for the inside track of reality TV.

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/12/05 09:29 PM

Sorry, didn't go back far enough.

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/12/05 09:32 PM

Not a problem...we need a non spoiler sight anyways. If I read the spoilers I don't enjoy the show as much.

-Builder Chick

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/12/05 10:03 PM

I know but I can't resist reading the spoilers!!
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/12/05 10:34 PM

Oh, I could get excited about Bobby Jon and Steph coming back. I was afraid it would be Rob and Amber and since they'd get creamed in the first 2 votes, it wouldn't be any fun.
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/13/05 02:17 PM

Spoilers say the two coming back are coaching teams, but aren't eligible to be voted off or win. This survivor is really brutal, so they figured having a couple veterans there to help the teams get started was a good idea (and good for ratings).

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/13/05 02:55 PM

If they aren't eligible to win, then I hope they're getting PAID to coach - at NFL rates!
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/13/05 05:02 PM

Rumors have it that the coaches will be around to the merge and whomever has the "winningest" team will get a special prize. Then the coaches will depart and let the others carry on.

Re: Survivor starts this thursday... - 09/13/05 07:12 PM

I loved Bobby Jon and Steph. My hubby knew it was them before I did and I was shocked. Looks like it could be another fun interesting year.
Posted By: Citrus

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 04:26 AM

I thought the first episode was great! Guys dropping like flies! Good thing they had a nurse to care for them! Soooo glad for Stephanie that she got to be on a winning team (for immunity)!!! Sorry to see Jim go so soon, but someone had to be first.

Talkin' about flies... Did you notice the bug on Jim's shirt during tribal council? Ew

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 10:15 AM

Yes, wasn't it interesting that it was all the big strong guys who were laying around sick and all the gals were up and at 'em? Go girls go!!

Bobby Jon needs to lose about 15 pounds and grow his beard back in, he looks funny all "fat".

Did Jim really vote for *Margaret*? Man, that was clueless. Sure, try to vote off the NURSE first.

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 11:37 AM

I agree with your thought's on Jim's vote! Who was nursing his arm when he tore the muscle - Margaret!! Duh!

I'm trying to stay away from the spoiler's thread, but according to Probst last night, Steph and Bobby Jon are "playing" the game like everyone else! At times it was frightening to see how the elements affected these guys. Bobby Jon looked VERY bad a couple of times! It's going to be a long 39 days for them! Can't wait to see more!
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 12:42 PM

The one bad thing was that the cameras and interviews were too skewed to Steph and Bobby Jon. They ignored the new people, or should I say, gave them less air time.

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 01:22 PM

Nanwa,

It is still the first show. I am sure it will even out on camera time.

I was really shocked to hear the BJ and Steph could be voted out and are playing for the prize!

-Builder Chick

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 01:31 PM

I was surprised they are full members too.

As for the guys being all dehydrated and puking and such, HELLO!?!?!?! The GUYS were carrying the corn and the supplies for 11 miles on limited food and water. Bobby John was carrying the heaviest load. They exerted themselves more than the girly girls. It should be expected that if anyone was going to get sick and dehydrated it would be the ones doing more than just strutting their way to the win.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 01:31 PM

Ditto BC, I thought they would be captains or something.
Posted By: Cat Woman

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 02:43 PM

I agree with you BF. My hubby walked in as I was watching it (he's not into Survivor). He was like "what happened to all the guys???" And I explained that they were in really rough shape - probably from dehydration and carrying all that crap.

I couldn't believe Jim voted for Margaret either. I thought that was kinda funny, seeing as she was trying to help him with his arm, AND running around helping the other guys too.

Could you believe how scary Bobby John looked? I was getting freaked out when his eyes were rolling back in his head!

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 03:07 PM

First, I thought Bobby Jon was seriously about to keel over with heat stroke the way his eyes were rolling back in his head and Margaret was telling him to "stay with me" and squirting water on him - and then I remembered the medic crew when Michael fell in the fire in Australia and figured they had to have someone close by if it got much worse.

Second, that bug on Jim's shirt gave me the creeps.

Third, either his arm was really hurt and he really needed a sling, or he'd already had enough and was silently telling people to send him home - you just don't admit you're that badly hurt if you want to stick around. But voting for Margaret? What an idiot!!! MOML and I had just said that she was probably safe for quite awhile the way she'd pitched in as team nurse - and then Jim votes for her?!??!?

Looks like a fun season though - and I'm staying OUT of the spoilers!!!!

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 03:12 PM

I know this is supposed to be a TV show, and they are supposed to be on their own, but...in a situation like this, shouldn't the sponsors/producers/camera crew have helped? What if Bobby John had a seizure? Would they just film him dying? I mean, it is a GAME, isn't it?

As I recall, when that guy fell into the fire a few seasons back, they stepped out of the show for a little bit, got back to REAL reality, and flew him out of there for medical help. Then restarted the game.

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 03:31 PM

If he'd really been in danger, they would have had the paramedics on him. They may have had someone check him and we just didn't see that part. They do have medical help very close by and have stepped in as needed (Mike Skupin is a prime example, but both Lex & Lindsay in Africa were treated for various things and then returned to the game, which never made it to the show.)
Posted By: A_G

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 03:41 PM

Editing and production are wonderful things in the TV world. What they want you to see you do...what they dont want you to see you dont. IF I had a guess they probably were even 'coaching' them on what to do. And I'm not saying the guy wasnt really hurting...but I'm sure the producers had a say on how to do things. Sometimes reality TV isn't so real.
Posted By: BBoyd

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 03:55 PM

I really could've done without actually SEEING the stuff spewing out of their mouths as they vomitted. The sound was bad enough.

Yay for Steph's team winning! She really needed that boost after last time!

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 04:47 PM

You are right BB. Lots of shows (medical shows, like House, or crime shows like Law and Order) will show the person vomiting. I just don't see the need for that.

Movies have gratutitous nudity; now gratutitous sickness?
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 06:12 PM

How in the heck did I miss the bug on Jim's shirt??? I knew he was going to get the boot when he put his arm in the sling.

Glad Steph's team won immunity. I hope she gets to stay for awhile.

Bobby Jon's team members were sure exhausted, drained, dehydrated, blah...blah...blah. I thought the women had helped carry stuff through the jungle. I guess with all the foilage I didn't pay that much attention to who carried what.

It was a great start and looks to be a good season!

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 06:36 PM

Quote:

How in the heck did I miss the bug on Jim's shirt???

It was on his shoulder during Tribal Council - it reminded me of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when Indy and the girl were tied up at the Ark. The bad guy was about to open the Ark, and while he was ranting, a fly flew in his mouth. Don't know how many of you spotted that.....

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 07:04 PM

Have any of you heard whether they are going to show this first episode again within the next week (like they do with some premiers???). I was gone last night, and my husband forgot to tape it. He's in BIG trouble!!
Posted By: bluebanker

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 09:40 PM

Just a side note, I know one of the people on this season. I went to school with her!
Posted By: Viking Princess

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 09:49 PM

That's pretty cool blue....
Posted By: RandomName

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 10:26 PM

I wonder if the "good" camp site is so totally awesome that it represents a huge advantage. If it's only marginally better, I've been thinking it might have been wiser as a team to say, "Eh, let's not even go for it--instead, let's just take it slow and pack mule in a ton of this corn and fruit and accept the lesser site and be better provisioned."

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/16/05 10:49 PM

Blue, your not going to tell us which person it is?
Posted By: Citrus

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/17/05 02:29 AM

Yea, Blue - aren't cha gonna tell us who ya know?

Agree with the tossing the cookies thing. I didn't need to see that.

And I thought Bobby Jon was a goner for a minute there, his eyes rolling back in his head and all. I thought we might see someone carted off in the first episode.

What do you think about Mr. NFL not using his real name so nobody knows who he is?

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/19/05 01:33 PM

I think Mr. NFL is such a 3rd string reject that it really didn't matter. Come on dude, NOONE is going to recognize you, and noone is going to be intimidated by a washed up couldabeen.

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/19/05 01:47 PM

OUCH!
Posted By: bluebanker

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/20/05 05:06 PM

That Morgan chick. You know, the hot blonde?

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 12:23 PM

The one who got booted....
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 12:28 PM

yup-bu bye. Was probably trying the ride the coat tails strategy-bad move. You need to make some effort initially. That guy Rafe (sp?) was having a tough time in the first challenge....

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 02:33 PM

By the way, did anyone else notice that most of the gals this season are ALREADY super think and you can see ribs on a lot of them? And the season hasn't hardly started!
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 02:43 PM

I noticed Danni specifically-talk about washboard abs. And kudos for her recognizing Gary Hogeboom-I remeember him playing but wouldnt have recognized him...very impressive. `

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 03:04 PM

Sorry Blue, but that Morgan chick must be kind of ditzy, or never watched the previous shows. How could she be so blind sided when she so obviously was not contributing to the tribe, or even hanging out much with anyone? the cameras always showed her off by herself. And historically, the people who don't pull their weight are the early targets.

As for the quarterback, how many years has it been since he was in the NFL? I have a friend who is a former NFL player, and once he got out of that training mode, he is a normal guy now, not overly fast or strong. So I don't think Mr. Hugaboom has that much of an advantage physically than, say, the farmer guy.

I do think his outright lie that he is not the former quarterback will come back to bite him in the a**. I think he could have gone with the, I am a landscaper story, then when they asked about the quarterback story, say yes, but that was in my past life. Now, when the story comes out, it will be everyone saying "you lied, you lied!"

Ridiculous, since the whole premise of the game is lying to best keep you chances of winning alive. I never understand that whole thing, where the players get mad at each other for playing the game. "I trusted you!" Plu-leez!

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 03:04 PM

Quote:

I noticed Danni specifically-talk about washboard abs. And kudos for her recognizing Gary Hogeboom-I remeember him playing but wouldnt have recognized him...very impressive. `

Danni was the one that really got to me. Morgan kinda did, and even Stephanie was a bit thin.
Posted By: TXFacilitator

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 04:09 PM

His last season with the Cowboys was I think in 1989. he was there during the time of Danny White.

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 07:15 PM

That margaret chick is a nurse, how is the BOL connection with her?...is she a customer or what?...how is she connected to the bank?

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/23/05 07:19 PM

Her husband works for the same bank I do.

Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread - 09/26/05 02:14 PM

Nanwa, I agree - I think the lie about Gary NOT being an ex-QB was a bad move, now his tribe has something to hold against him when the truth does out, as it always will. However, I thought it was pretty cheesy of Danni to go tell his tribe who he was - what business is it of hers anyway??