My, what interesting weather!

Posted By: someone else

My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 04:30 PM

Just thought I would let y'all know that there is some interesting weather going on here in (normally) sunny, Southern California. Currently we are experiencing serious thunder and lightning and rain! In September no less!

Just thought I would share.
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 04:35 PM

Here in the middle of Minnesota it is suppose to get up to 83 today. Very unusual warmth for this time of year. You can keep the rain, we've had plenty!
Posted By: Garfield Rocks

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 05:05 PM

We're suppose to get up in the low 80's here in south east Wisconsin but we could use some steady rain instead of storms.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 05:21 PM

It's going to be 100 again today and the rest of this week. It's the end of freakin' September, wth!!!!! It is supposed to drop on Saturday, when Rita's outer bands should be in our area.
Posted By: Garfield Rocks

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 05:24 PM

Lovely, let's hope Rita looses some of her punch. People complain about the weather here in WI but we don't have to worry about hurricanes thank goodness.
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 05:26 PM

Quote:

Here in the middle of Minnesota it is suppose to get up to 83 today. Very unusual warmth for this time of year. You can keep the rain, we've had plenty!

Picture perfect day. No humidity!! I love it.
Posted By: Pirate

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 05:27 PM

The Keys are getting it good right now... best o' luck to everyone South of me.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 05:37 PM

I am also in Mid-Wisconsin and it is going to be 83 here too. I agree with Karen we could use a nice rain. More than a sprinkle but less than the pouring pounding rain. I love the cool nights!
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 06:13 PM

Boarding up the house between checking in with BOL
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 06:16 PM

Quote:

I think you have your priorities reversed RL.
Posted By: TTC Queen

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 06:27 PM

Quote:

It's going to be 100 again today and the rest of this week. It's the end of freakin' September, wth!!!!! It is supposed to drop on Saturday, when Rita's outer bands should be in our area.

Same here in Tulsa. Yuck! I am so ready for Fall.
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 06:46 PM

Hopefully Rita dies down before hitting anywhere near land. (I know it's just a hope, but heck that's all you can do lately).

It's in the high 60's here today, sunny and gorgeous. It's almost October and we still don't have termination dust on the mountains yet. I guess we're going to have a late winter. It's been nice to have a fall that lasted more than a week though!
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 06:49 PM

89 and sunny in SW MO...big change from 65 and rain on Sunday.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 06:53 PM

Randy, stay safe!! I'm sure we can find you a cube to sit in up here if you need someplace to go....

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 06:55 PM

Dawnie - what's termination dust?
Posted By: cologirl@heart

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 07:03 PM

Here in Colorado it's beautiful. BUT I did hear that Rita turned into a hurricane this morning - and that the Gulf will intensify the thing. OUCH!!!! Here's to staying safe for all you in her path!
Posted By: deppfan

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 07:07 PM

Quote:

Stay safe and Good luck to you.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 07:19 PM

Here in lovely east texas the sign outside says 107

starsfan
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 07:36 PM

Quote:

STAY SAFE! If they tell you to go, just get out. Check in with us OK?
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 07:45 PM

The thunder and lightning woke me up several times last night. I thought I was back in Arizona during monsoon season! I don't know what I like better, the lack of sleep or the 25 mile drive into L.A. that took almost 2 hours.
Posted By: Dip

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 08:43 PM

ooh... me too on the lack of sleep. i wok up around 1 last night to flash upon flash of lightning. not much thunder though, which was weird. i have NEVER seen lighnting liek this. i woke up at 6 and it was still flash aftere flash of lightning. did it go on all night? i let my kitten sleep outside the bathroom for the first time last night...big mistake! he loved the lightning and stayed up all night attacking me and my chihuahua. he was all stobe lights! let's partyyyyy!!!" i think this is why i have never had a cat before. i only got him so my dog would have a playmate.
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 08:48 PM

Sunny and 87 here. Warmer tomorrow. I wish fall would hurry up and get here, oh yeah, that is this weekend.
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 08:59 PM

Quote:

I am also in Mid-Wisconsin and it is going to be 83 here too. I agree with Karen we could use a nice rain. More than a sprinkle but less than the pouring pounding rain. I love the cool nights!

I'm in Chicago area and it's 10 degrees warmer than normal and 10 inches short on rain. Would love a few days of steady rain and I'm tired of the heat. Where oh where is fall?!?!? We will probably go from 70's and 80's to 40's overnight, then just listen to us all complain

Hope everyone in the gulf area is ok, been a bad year for storms!!!
Posted By: XODUS

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 09:21 PM

I hope it doesn't get too cold there soon, I am coming to Chicago in two weeks and would rather not freeze.
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/20/05 11:27 PM

Termination dust is the "dusting" of snow that begins on the tops of the mountains surrounding Anchorage (or any other city surrounded by mountains) and works it's way down the mountain to the city. I've heard folks in Colorado use the term too so I know it's not just Alaskan

It begins on the lower mountains and normally comes and goes...then gradually comes down to blanket the city. We call it "termination" because it's the termination of summer
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/21/05 04:55 AM

There was thunder and lightening last night? I slept right through it.

I DID wake up when my clock radio turned on....just in time to hear the traffic reporter say "...and the southbound 5 has been shut down at Mission..."

Urrggghhh.....
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/21/05 11:37 AM

I don't know guys, I think I would trade most of your weather for what we expect in a couple days. Sounds like minor inconveniences when you are faced with losing your home.
Posted By: Tesla

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/21/05 03:17 PM

Quote:

Termination dust is the "dusting" of snow that begins on the tops of the mountains surrounding Anchorage (or any other city surrounded by mountains) and works it's way down the mountain to the city. I've heard folks in Colorado use the term too so I know it's not just Alaskan

SNOW! Glorious, beautiful snow! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Posted By: Viking Princess

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/21/05 03:39 PM

WOW - there was thunder, lightning and heavy rain pour for a few hours here in Nor Cal....haven't seen that in a long time here.
Posted By: renniks

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/21/05 03:47 PM

Randy, I saw a "simulation" of what could happen to Galveston during a Cat 4 storm and it didn't look good!! I certainly hope you are planning to evacuate!! Good luck to you and your family. Stay safe!!

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/21/05 03:49 PM

Randy - how close is Huntsville to you? My boyfriend's grandfather is there and he refuses to go anywhere. (Old and stubborn!)
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: My, what interesting weather! - 09/21/05 05:34 PM

Quote:

I don't know guys, I think I would trade most of your weather for what we expect in a couple days. Sounds like minor inconveniences when you are faced with losing your home.

Well Randy, come on up here. We promise no hurricanes, and only an occassional tornado.

Seriously, I hope your home is safe and you are far away from it. Go West Young Man.