Apprentice (Donald style)

Posted By: Anonymous

Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 04:54 PM

Come on! Did that woman want to get kicked off? Who admits that they can't get along with half of the population?
Posted By: MelissaAnn

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 05:02 PM

I totally agree. I couldn't believe it!
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 05:04 PM

Come women (and men) are just that stupid. She reminded me of Ivette.... Hispanic, big mouthed, and on the offensive from moment 1. Didn't work for Donald.

By the way, BOTH teams failed. If they had targeted current FEMALE members for the class, and made it a 45 minute class, they would have been more successful.
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 05:05 PM

I enjoyed it-she was a non stop talking machine from day one. I give the PM credit for havingsome cajones and brains-doesnt tick anyone else off by bringing them into the boardroom-Melissa sealed her own fate. I also like ethe twist of the winning PM not automatically getting exemption the next week.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 05:13 PM

I knew as soon as she said, "Can I bring 1" she would win the Donald's respect. After all, it was clear that either she or the mouth were at fault, why let anyone else be on the block.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 05:31 PM

Although the Donald took care of the smirk on her face-remember Erin blowing him a kiss and a wink?
Posted By: Spivol

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 05:39 PM

Yeah...I couldn't believe she sat there with that stupid smirk. What was she thinking. I couldn't believe her. If I were Donald I would have retracted my firing and given it to her for that smile. Man that made me mad.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 05:40 PM

Actually...I thought that woman would be on a lot longer. For publicity if nothing else. The first thing I thought was "uh oh...here's another Omarosa."
But then I thought...hmm...good move Donald...keepin' the ratings alive.
Then he fired her and I thought...wow...maybe this isn't all scripted.
Posted By: RandomName

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 05:54 PM

I, too, was afraid that they'd keep her on just for the sake of the ongoing drama. But even Mr. Trump has to maintain some credibility, and if one of your candidates says "all women hate me and the feeling's mutual", you pretty much have to show them the door. Although as noted, the Smirk of Triumph would've made me have second thoughts if I were in his expensive shoes--I'd probably go for an arbitrary "You know what? You're both fired."

The thing is, if I recollect rightly, the margin of victory was, what, $19 or something? Had the women made twenty dollars more, would Mr. Trump still be saying their marketing plan was stupid? I guess victory makes a lot of things look better.

Finally, Ms. Thang, you're not THAT cute (I'd rate her mildly attractive), so I doubt other women are intimidated by your beauty. What a frickin' narcissist.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 06:10 PM

If the women had won, the marketing probably wouldn't have come up, since the dirty laundry was aired when only the women were in the boardroom. Too funny -"Triple XXX Threat"....what were they thinking???

The feeling about her was so overwhelming, Trump didn't have a choice. If there was someone else that took some heat, he may have kept her to spice it up. She didn't have one redeeming quality that Trump could hang his hat on.

I dont see Marcus making the cut either-asking the team how he was doing? These types of people never make it. His personality reminds me of Danny from last year. Kind of out there-does his own thing.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 06:29 PM

Actually, Triple XXX Threat, a workout class they were trying to market to guys (by a team of girls) wasn't that bad. Lets face it, a lot of guys would go just to see what the XXX was all about.
Posted By: Raiderette

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 06:33 PM

I liked the beginning as well, when Donald told them that there was a helicopter on the golf course. It is too early in the season to tell what might happen. I don't think Kristi is gonna make it, as well as Marcus.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 06:40 PM

When the guy asked the candidates to meet MR. Trump on the 10th green, I thought he would have them putt to split up the teams. That would have been cool.
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 06:43 PM

Quote:

Actually, Triple XXX Threat, a workout class they were trying to market to guys (by a team of girls) wasn't that bad. Lets face it, a lot of guys would go just to see what the XXX was all about.

LOL! When I saw how the flyer turned out, I thought "Gee, they should have gotten way more people than they did."

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 07:12 PM

Yeah, it's a bad sign for Marcus that his every on-camera appearance is now accompanied by clown music.
Posted By: Bankster

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 08:05 PM

Good riddance Melissa, what a loud-mouth, pain-in-the-@#%$^. I love those people who think other people don't like them because they are 'intimidated' by them. It's kind of like the woman who says she can't meet a good man because all men are intimidated by her. Um, you don't think it has anything to due with the fact that you have no personality, or you are extremely annoying, or whatever.

You can tell that Trump had a bigger hand in picking the cast this year. They seem a lot more professional (they didn't have to bleep-out the language once) and oh yeah, the women are kind of attractive.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/23/05 10:03 PM

Man that would have been awesome to see them put for teams. And the last person to make the shot would get fired but as a consolation prize/humiliation would be Mr. Trumps caddie the entire show.
"Get me a Shasta punk!!"
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/26/05 02:16 PM

Although the dividing of the teams by gender annoys me still. But I think it's going to be a good season anyway!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/26/05 03:32 PM

I heard that the next "Apprentce" he was thinking of dividing by race. Can you belive that. I read that on MSNBC.com
Posted By: LoisLane

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/26/05 08:20 PM

Did any of you watch Martha's Apprentice? What did you think (the critics didn't like it).

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/26/05 08:24 PM

It was Martha Stewart what more can you say. She is not Donald and I think that is what the critics were expecting. She was polite, but I am sure when she twists off at someone they will like her better.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/26/05 09:42 PM

I heart Martha, but the show needs work. She's being too overly nice - doesn't she realize we want to see QUEEN MARTHA at work? Rip somebody a new one! We know you're capable of it!!

She also needs to get a new haircut because the current one is driving me insane (those long bangs.)

The concept is good though, I definitely thought the guy who got fired - oh, excuse me, who "didn't fit in" - was a complete JERK and should have gone home. Too bad his team didn't fully explain that to everyone.

However, her "George & Carolyn" are no George & Carolyn, if you see what I mean.
Posted By: LoisLane

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/27/05 02:41 PM

"However, her "George & Carolyn" are no George & Carolyn, if you see what I mean."

I fully agree, but apparently her daughter wanted to be on TV

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/27/05 02:46 PM

Of course she did.

Did y'all see Trump is PG? Expect a whole new wave of tasks. "Build the best baby changing station. Market this new, super-duper stroller. Which formula can you sell the most of?"
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 11:59 AM

Well, either Chris is really not very bright or he was just tired of the game already. I can't beleive he didn't bring someone else into the boardroom, especially after Trump told him very clearly that he didn't think Chris ought to bring Markus in. Then that's the only guy he brings? He had to know he was signing his own pink slip at that point.
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 12:09 PM

I asked my wife if these people A - Have never seen the show before and B - Don't listen to what Donald, George, and Carolyn are saying. It was so clear that although he was a train wreck Markus was staying and that if Mark would have been there he was going home. It never ceases to amaze me how these people try to protect "friends" that they have known for less than a month. You are playing a GAMESHOW!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 12:16 PM

Early in Chris' task, when the plan for the TV commercial involved a vintage Lamboghini morphing into the new model, I thought that was a slam dunk. I seem to have missed how the ad turned into something else. What happened?

(And yes, Chris should have taken the hint, er, suggestion, er...)
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 01:25 PM

I thougt the guys campaign sucked to be honest. I think it could have been tweeked to be better, but they were so high on themselves they were blind.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 01:33 PM

I was pretty upset that I didn't get to catch but the last 8 minutes of it.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 01:50 PM

LOL. Yes, not a terribly bright move on his part and thus he deserved to go home. He really should have brought Mark in, for a fighting chance. He probably STILL would have gone home, but it wouldn't have been so cut & dried.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 02:07 PM

Empress,

I think you're probably right. If he'd brought Mark in it would have turned in to one of those discussions on mistakes by a team-member vs. ultimate responsibility of the PM. Mark *might* have fallen on his sword and said something along the lines of "Chris trusted me to do this task, he'd looked at the early drafts, but I made changes too late for him to really address them,...."

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 02:14 PM

Quote:

Early in Chris' task, when the plan for the TV commercial involved a vintage Lamboghini morphing into the new model, I thought that was a slam dunk. I seem to have missed how the ad turned into something else. What happened?

(And yes, Chris should have taken the hint, er, suggestion, er...)

I am a woman and thought the men's video was better, but their print campaign was terrible. Overall, there is no doubt the women were the correct choice. I wish they would have edited more in from the men's first meeting with Lamborg.... All that sticks out is Marcus' asking about smooth as silk. I don't remember if they came away with an idea of what the client wanted.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 02:18 PM

I knew that the little i in Italian was going to bite them. I was also confused by the Green with envy thing. If the Lambo had been red in a sea of other green cars it may have made some sense......

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 02:21 PM

Within the meeting, Lamborghini clearly described that the new model was a 'rebirth' of the Lamborghini marque. That's why I thought that a TV ad showing the vintage morphing into the new model would have been such a winner.

As the ads turned out, the women's ad was much more compelling.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 03:09 PM

thomasj, that is an excellent idea on the red Lamborghini in the sea of green cars. Maybe you should go on the show!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 03:14 PM

Oh, you knew the men were doomed once they starting flappin' their yaps about "Heh, them li'l wimmens don't know nothin' 'bout no manly cars--now git back inta the kitchen, sugah!"

The print ads by the women looked pretty good, and I thought the approach to their commercial was pretty good. It's a high-end luxury product that only the elite can afford, so rather than beg and say "please buy our car", why not take the approach of "who says you're GOOD enough to buy our car"?

Anyway, yeah, the PM just cut his own throat. When Mr. Trump and Company STRONGLY suggest you do something in the board room, don't stand on pride--do it. The Donald won't think you're showing some spine by going against his unsubtle commands--he'll just take you for an idiot.

Markus is some kind of world-class clueless dork. I actually had to turn the sound off when he presented the ad agency with his brilliant cliche idea. He may be such an idiot savant that he manages to stay on for another few weeks, even though the editors continue to run the horn-honking Clown Theme every time he appears.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 03:36 PM

Quote:

thomasj, that is an excellent idea on the red Lamborghini in the sea of green cars. Maybe you should go on the show!

I think there may be a marketing genius lurking just below the surface of this Security/Compliance exterior. Talk about worlds colliding. If those two personalities ever meet I will likely explode.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 07:16 PM

Not a good move at all. Although Marcus will surely get the boot, and he couldnt throw his teammates under the bus fast enough, it wasn't his fault they lost. Chris tried to cover for the others and he took one for the team. I personally thought the reward was disappointing...

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 09/30/05 09:29 PM

Quote:

I personally thought the reward was disappointing...

It really stunk big time. Unless you are a fan of the NY Islanders, of course. But how many of those folks do you suppose are even hockey fans, much less NYI fans. Plus it looks like it could have turned out to be pretty costly for one of the girls. Wonder how Trumps liability coverage is looking.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/01/05 01:03 PM

I know, I thought to myself, "Self", I thought, "He was probably expecting the guys to win this one."

BTW, who thinks now that Melania is pg, we're going to see a whole new level/type of tasks? "Design the best baby stroller in the universe! Market these diapers! Which colic remedy actually WORKS?"

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/07/05 03:14 PM

What did everyone think last night? I agreed that the presentation was poor for the women's team, and I also was glad that the women did not win based on their "cuteness" in the eyes of the old men. However, I was a little surprised that the PM survived this week. IMHO, the PMs are making odd choices regarding who returns to the boardroom every week.

On another note, has anyone else observed how desperately Carolyn needs a new hairdresser? Maybe she is modeling herself a little TOO closely after Trump!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/07/05 03:18 PM

Yeah...you know. I think people are really basing who they are going to bring into the board room on emotion rather than professionalism. The girl that narrowly escaped being brougt into the board room because she was friends with the PM should have been the one to go. Not the other Jennifer. It should have been a choice between the Jennifer who went home and the one that didn't come into the board room.

And I totally knew that the PM was going to try and use her broken ankle as leverage and she did. What a weasel.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/07/05 05:24 PM

Eh, I don't know. Did the women's presentation fail because Toral had problems working the HDTV, or did it bomb because of the extremely poor ancillaries like decorations, food, signage, et cetera? I think it's the latter. In which case, firing Jennifer W. makes more sense than nuking Toral. Just because Toral exudes contempt for the "sorority" and they dislike her in return is no reason to fire her for this particular task. I don't think she can win it, and her outbursts in the Boardroom were painful to watch, but the team seemed to be unloading on her just for spite. From that perspective, I admired Rebecca's refusal to bring her in.

On the men's team, I was more than a little stunned when the one guy just went off and decided that everything sucked and he needed to be on record as saying they were all doomed. That whole "okay, whatever, but I still think I'm right" was preadolescent. And then he was all, "George, you're a cranky old person--give us some insight into the world of senile nursing home folks." Smooth move, Holmes.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/07/05 05:51 PM

Oh, man, I about DIED when he started asking George what people of "his generation" would think. That was BEYOND insulting. Moron. The only surprise was that it wasn't Markus saying that.
Posted By: Skyline

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/07/05 06:09 PM

Markus did very well this week. Toral will be out of there soon enough. Rebecca better wise up. Jennifer was the right one to leave. What last night's show brought home again to me was the giving back to the community. I really enjoyed those scenes.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/14/05 03:49 PM

Last night was sure an easy choice for The Donald. I'm really starting to wonder about the intelligence of some of these candidates!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/14/05 03:51 PM

I wish he would mix up the teams. I don't like the Boys V Girls thing. Women just don't work well in a pack...they get to worked up.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/14/05 04:28 PM

Although it wasn't her fault they lost, clearly Toral was a polarizing person, and the team would continue to have problems. How friggin basic is it to include the DQ logo somewhere? Holy smokes.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/14/05 04:46 PM

I know what you mean. It was so funny that they were saying they didn't want any DQ stuff on Zipp and then the marketing guys from DQ were asking where it was. I thought it was hilarious.
Posted By: Bones

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/14/05 04:57 PM

I thought it was pretty big of the guy who offered to dress up as Jeannie on the guy's team. At least he put his foot down when it came to taping "certain areas" of his anatomy. The ladies' team is just a mess.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/14/05 06:15 PM

Thank GOD the Donald fired Toral. A more condescending, snotty b*tch I have not seen in a long time. OK, the blondes are a little cliquey, but Toral was over the top obnoxious about how 'great' she was.

I was quite impressed with the boys for their showing last night, they really pulled it together. Although, there again, their team leader was a cretin and I'd certainly have been on board with firing HIM if it came down to it. Condescending arrogant jerk.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/14/05 06:26 PM

Agreed Empress-that guy was unbelievable. I thought it would fall apart when the Clay the Great returned to the palace and wanted to undo the 8 hours of work the subjects did...how he didn't get popped in the face is amazing. I loved the genies hair-

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/14/05 09:15 PM

It is true that the Uniblondes ganged up on Toral, but it's not as if they mercilessly singled her out for mockery and cruel punishment without reason. She just exudes contempt for everyone that she has deemed her intellectual and social inferior (there is some speculation that this may be an Indian caste thing gone very bad). Newsflash, honey--you're not that pretty and you're not that smart. Word is that she got kicked out of Columbia B-School for cheating (Wharton was her UNDERgrad). I think she harbors some kind of revenge fantasies, because she certainly took a perverse pleasure in repeatedly bringing up how the other women should be glad to be her low-paid receptionists.

And then there were the outright lies. "I TOLD them it was against my religion!" (Incorrect, and the religious claim is untrue.) "Felisha swore she was a marketing goddess!" (Try again, please.)

The person I really felt sorry for was Rebecca, who was forced to come to the realization that Toral was a divisive and spiteful witch with delusions of grandeur. Toral HAD to prove herself in that episode, but she stuck with her self-proclaimed strategy of doing nothing at all and she got nailed for it. I did like that bit where she was prattling about how wearing the costume was beneath her, and Mr. Trump pointed out, "I dressed as a chicken on Saturday Night Live." Ha!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I give you her own personal website, Toral the Unforgettable Business Genius.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/15/05 12:31 PM

Dear lord, she's delusional. INTERESTING on the B-school expulsion!!!! Concur with your opinion on Rebecca.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 02:17 PM

OK, I'm about to destroy any street cred I had. I was going nuts trying to think how I knew Wyclef Jean (not particularly my style of music but I *recognized* him) and finally realized...... He's been on Sesame Street. He does the "Healthy Foods" song with Cookie Monster. Sigh.

Other than that, I would have been happy with either Jen or Kristi going home - I cringed every time Jen mispronounced the movie and her overall float/presentation were just not great. And seriously, WHO wears a business suit that features capri pants?? But Kristi was a PITA. She was so livid when the Donald fired her, I thought maybe she was going to tell him off. I laughed when she told Jen to shut up on the way out the door. You could tell she was mad all the way out to the taxi. I'm surprised her final words didn't include "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!"

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 03:42 PM

Yeah, I was so embarrassed for Jen M. that I had to turn the sound off when she was mangling "Zathura". I don't see her lasting much longer. She's nice and has some small talent, but she's not a major cutthroat corporate leader in the making. Kristi probably has the better skills, but she doesn't know when to shut the heck up and stop her disruptive backbiting and complaining.

Why is it that the female teams on reality shows seem to have a hard time cooperating? Inevitably they fall prey to factionalism, favoritism, quarreling, and the building of cliques. Marshawn seems to be the only one to have avoided most of that.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 03:46 PM

I am so glad that Kristi went home. I didn't like her from the beginning. Something about her makes me cringe. I think she thinks that she is all that. The girls suck. I agree with the Donald. something needs to change because that team isn't working.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 03:48 PM

Is Zathura the "sequel" (such as it is) to Jumanji that I heard was coming out? Seems to be the same concept.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 03:54 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if it's a sequel, but it the same concept.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 04:31 PM

Same creator

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 04:34 PM

Yeah, that's why I put "sequel" in quotes like that. And yup, I did just read it is the same guy so it is supposed to have a similar feel. I liked Jumanji so I'll definitely see this one at some point (although I hear Kirsten Dunst is in it, ick.)
Posted By: bankerboy252

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 04:53 PM

AWWWW....I liked Kristi until last night. Yeah....she needed to go. I just wished we could have seen a cat fight when Kristi told Jen to shut up. he he he

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 06:00 PM

Quote:

Why is it that the female teams on reality shows seem to have a hard time cooperating? Inevitably they fall prey to factionalism, favoritism, quarreling, and the building of cliques. Marshawn seems to be the only one to have avoided most of that.

It is really hard to have more than one dominant female in a group. Usually we all get together and pick the pecking order early, but in games like this they all want to be #1. I don't like the concept of boys v. girls becuase that is not a true representation of the work place. I hope he mixes them up soon. OH did you see the preview for next week? Looks Good

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 06:01 PM

Rumors have it up to four people get fired next week, although I'd be kind of surprised if that actually happened.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 06:22 PM

Quote:

Rumors have it up to four people get fired next week, although I'd be kind of surprised if that actually happened.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be a double firing at least.

Here's a link to a Toral Mehta interview in which she continues to lie, complain, criticize, and whine.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 07:57 PM

Wow. Toral is certainly full of herself. What a snob. Thanks for the article RN.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/21/05 08:02 PM

Thanks for the article, RandomName. I wish I could ask Toral that if it was so disrespectful to dress up like an animal (Zip was an animal? - who knew?), then why did she die laughing at Kristi dressed in the costume instead of being very upset that this disrespectful act was being committed? Nut-ball.

Signed,
Another Anon

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 02:52 AM

Quote:

Well, that was spot on. I didn't think Mark deserved the axe, though. On the one hand, he was just kinda standing around as far as selling was concerned, but they'd committed themselves to the lame batting cage concept and that's what he was running. James and Josh were far more to blame, for coming up with the concept and for running with it respectively.

Thanks to the way this show is edited, though, you knew immediately that Excel was goin' down once James started crowing about "It'll be a home run!"

Meanwhile, I think Alla let the cliquishness of the Blonde Sisterhood get to her in punting Rebecca to the other team. But since she's so tight with Felisha and they'd badly wanted Randal to come over, probably there wasn't any other way the team shuffling would've gone anyway.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 10:42 AM

I was really surprised he did let all 4 of them go - I figured Josh and Jennifer were goners but maybe not the other 2. This ought to shake things up back at the loft. I thought initially there was no way the golf could beat the baseball, but they managed. And Clay is an IDIOT, I couldn't work with him in a million years. Well, not without slapping him.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 12:23 PM

Quote:

I was really surprised he did let all 4 of them go - I figured Josh and Jennifer were goners but maybe not the other 2. This ought to shake things up back at the loft. I thought initially there was no way the golf could beat the baseball, but they managed. And Clay is an IDIOT, I couldn't work with him in a million years. Well, not without slapping him.

The thing about golf that I thought made it a better choice for a sales competition is that there's just so much stuff to sell, and at every price point;gadgets, clothes, little accessories, training material, etc.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 01:25 PM

It was a great shake up, but I think Josh and Jen deserved it more than the other two-Jen was all sizzle, no steak. Who in their right mind is going to buy a $150 radar gun???
I agree with EGB-Clay is a moron-he needs to express how he feels every 5 seconds...get over it and get back to work.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 02:00 PM

I absolutely loved the closing scene with all 4 of them squished in the cab...too funny. The baseball things was a good idea and had an initial good plan, but they let it get way out of control.
Posted By: Skyline

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 02:26 PM

And I was waiting for the exit interview....they were all silent. No one is going to walk back into the suite, how will the rest know that all four are gone?

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 02:30 PM

I imagine Trump will call them all back to the boardroom for another restructuring of teams.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 03:31 PM

Upon reflection, it seems to me that golf was a better choice than baseball. As far as I know, once you have a bat and glove, you're kinda set for baseball, and you're not really tossing around in bed thinking, "Man, I would ROCK if I had a different bat." Whereas golfers are notorious for wanting to get new gear, like fancy scientifical drivers made out of smolten moon rocks with an acoustical sounding chamber and sonar guidance systems. And if nothing else, they always need to pick up new six-packs of golf balls.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 03:55 PM

I know tons of people who would buy $150 radar guns - but she surely didn't seem to be making a whole lot of effort to sell them.

Golfers do tend to be a bit obsessive. Probably a good thing I don't golf.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 10/28/05 03:56 PM

I was impressed with the twist. The next two weeks look good as well. This is a pretty good season, although there are some not so bright crayons in the box.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/04/05 01:18 PM

Yippee!! No more Markus!

Actually, I would have been pleased to see either Markus or Clay get the boot last night. Both deserved it.

Does anyone else think the tasks this year are not as challenging as they have been in the past?

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/04/05 02:30 PM

I think you are right Anon...they don't seem to be as challenging. Has there been a Donny Doich (I am sure I spelled that wrong) challenge this time?

I was really glad to see Markus go...he is just like one of my bosses...he can't complete a thought and always thinks he is right!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/04/05 02:45 PM

I don't believe there has been a Donny D. (also don't know how to spell it!) challenge. They did at least one advertising task (remember Toral & the DQ costume). I know Donny has his own show now, I believe on CNBC, but I can't remember the name. It's a one hour interview-type show. Anyway, maybe he doesn't have time for The Donald anymore!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/04/05 07:15 PM

Most. Awkward. Boardroom. Ever.

I don't believe that I would want Mr. Trump openly demanding answers about my sexual orientation and experience on national TV, nor listen to him ruminating "it's all good"-style about menu choices.

And it was strange watching Alla obviously manipulating Adam and making him dance to her tune like a monkey-boy.

Clay's too-frank and arguably anti-Semitic comments lost them the task. But Markus needed to go. He was spectacularly useless. I mean, he was up in front of the audience playing with a dang yo-yo!

Randal should be a shoo-in for the win.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/04/05 07:36 PM

I thought Donald was gonna fire both Clay and Markus, but if I could only pick one, I'm glad it was Markus. He mummbles and rambles on, and I can't understand much of what he is saying.
I thought the other team did a good job. They knew what they were doing.
I can't wait until Clay goes.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/04/05 09:18 PM

I don't condone what Clay said, and frankly can't stand him, but a couple of observations:
1) he did not say tight a$$ .... What he did say inferred the same thing, but wasn't as harsh as portrayed...
2) Adam may have opened the door by saying "i am a nice Jewish boy from Atlanta"...

Don't get me wrong-Clay was out of line with what he said, but I also think it was disengenuous of Adam to accept his apology, then complain about what he said. He should have been straight up with Clay and not accepted it and stood his ground. Again-I don't condone what Clay said.

I was also suprised the difference in the scores were relatively minute-I truly have no idea which way the team was going with the topic-were they for it or against it?

I don't think Markus has put one intelligible sentence together at all. Adam was right-he just puts random words together to form a sentence...

I think it will be Randall and Rebecca for the final 2

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/04/05 11:02 PM

I hope Randall wins it. He is the only one that I have been impressed with this season.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/05/05 12:30 AM

Randall is very impressive, but I think the black girl is also very good. She just doesn't stick out like Randall...

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/06/05 03:16 AM

Dear LORD, it's about time they got rid of Markus. I was about throwing things at the tv when he was going ON and ON and ON and never completing a single thought. People like that drive me INSANE. And their entire presentation stunk. Getting rid of him can only be a good thing.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/07/05 03:08 PM

Markus was going to be gone eventually, so it might as well have been last week--although Clay and Adam could have been justifibily fired as well. Adam was walked all over in determining the topic and then it was a mess of a seminar. Adam is weak in leadership. I don't think the group of Adam, Clay, Felisha, and Alla will win another task.
Posted By: MichelleDawn

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/07/05 03:41 PM

I'm picking Randall and Alla as the final two with Randall to win.

No one else has impressed me very much.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/07/05 05:45 PM

I'd add Marshawn and Rebecca to round out the final four.
Posted By: CubDave

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/07/05 05:56 PM

I would go with Randall and Rebecca. Marshawn is good but totally flying under the radar which is kind of unimpressive. Alla, I think, will end up being too abrasive in the end.
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/07/05 07:41 PM

My bet's on Randall and Rebecca for the final 2 - and Marshawn and Alla for final 4. I just can't make up my mind between Randall and Rebecca - I keep thinking he's got it hands down, but she's got a lot going for her so I think it may come down to the final task.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/07/05 08:03 PM

Elsewhere, folks are not too impressed with Rebecca. The opinion is that she hasn't proved to be a particularly good PM, and she doesn't seem to actually contribute very much. For instance, in the most recent task she wasn't shown to have done much more than croak out "We're doomed." It looked more like Randal and Marshawn were carrying the day.

She's got intensity and convictions, but I'm not certain she has actual skills.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/07/05 08:08 PM

Quote:

Elsewhere, folks are not too impressed with Rebecca. The opinion is that she hasn't proved to be a particularly good PM, and she doesn't seem to actually contribute very much. For instance, in the most recent task she wasn't shown to have done much more than croak out "We're doomed." It looked more like Randal and Marshawn were carrying the day.

She's got intensity and convictions, but I'm not certain she has actual skills.

I agree. I'm not that impressed with Rebecca. I feel sorry for what happened to her ankle and that she is slightly hindered, but that doesn't change the fact that I think she is unimpressive. Better than a lot of other candidates, but not "the apprentice".
Posted By: Uncle_Milty

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/11/05 03:18 PM

Another 2 bite the dust. And deservedly so. Does anyone know how the "13 week job interview" stays 13 weeks with all of the multiple firings?

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/11/05 04:03 PM

Didn't they start with 18 candidates? Also, seems like most seasons we are treated to at least one show that does nothing but recap what has happened so far.

I agree that both who were fired deserved it.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/11/05 06:37 PM

Yeah, Brian certainly brought it on himself by missing the critical meeting, and then Marshawn...man, I don't even know what she was thinking. Since she's a public speaker, she was the natural choice for the presentation, and to bail at the last minute for reasons that couldn't be defined? It's almost as if it was a misfired tactical move on her part to try to shift total blame onto Brian for a project she sensed was not going to win. She totally would've been better advised to do all she could do to shine even if the project overall was doomed.

Rebecca made the right choice by grabbing the presentation from the two wafflers. Basically it made her immune from any criticism thereafter.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/11/05 07:11 PM

Ditto everything Random said, I couldn't have said it better myself.

And I still hate Clay.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/11/05 07:38 PM

lol--I can't wait for him to get fired!
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/11/05 07:39 PM

right now it looks like Randall and Alla as the favorites. When Marshawn passed the buck last night, I was gonna be p1ssed if she wasn't fired last night. I think it's great that nobody's really safe from week to week if they did a bad job on that weeks task(not counting immunity).
Posted By: Libby

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/12/05 01:51 AM

At the beginning of the season, it was announced that the Donald picked all but one of the group himself. So...why are there so many loosers?

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/14/05 04:04 PM

I'm tired of the same old tasks--make a marketing pitch for a product. There is certainly more to business (and Trump's business) than this constant hyping of product. If these "contestants" are as smart, competitive, etc as he keeps saying they are, then surely the producers can come up with tasks that utilize finance, legal, and operations and give the viewers a new and fresh view of businesses.

The storyline has gotten really, really old.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/18/05 06:55 PM

How satisfying to see Clay finally get fired. What a jerk. I have co-workers who bug me sometimes, but I can't even imagine working with someone like that!

So glad he's gone. . .but shows like this lose something when all of the "villains" are gone!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/18/05 07:10 PM

I just can't believe how smug he was about everything. I love how he thinks that everyone is going to fail at their tasks now that her is gone. Whatever dude you aren't that special..no matter what yo mamma said.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/18/05 07:49 PM

I feel, though, as if the lovely Rebecca should've taken the fall. Sure, Clay may be an obnoxious prat, but Rebecca made a terrible decision. The whole point of something like XM Radio is to deliver to niche markets. You can't say, "Well, this channel is for devotees of Mongolian throat-singing, but let's give them a death metal song instead." This sure looked like a case where she became enamored of a singer and decided to "challenge" the listeners and make them like her choice, even though she really sensed it wasn't a perfect fit. She kept going on about how the listeners would be sophisticated and intelligent, and that just sounded like she was trying to argue herself into believing that they'd go for Jide, even though she knew his sound didn't match the station's mission.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/25/05 04:23 PM

Not sure if any other Apprentice-watchers are working today. . .If I had to pick a favorite of the Final 4, it would be Randal. There is no one in my mind who obviously doesn't belong in the Final 4, but I will say Alla (sp?) seems a bit harsh to me. Not so sure I could work for her.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/25/05 04:29 PM

I like Randal. I think he would be the best for the job. Alla to me really has not done much. She lets others come up with the ideas and she picks what she likes best and goes with it. I do agree with the firing last night but I think Alla should have been there too. She was PM and was just as responsible for the decision of using the buggies as the guy. She didn't disagree with him.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/28/05 02:00 PM

Who was fired Thursday night?

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/28/05 02:05 PM

I agree about Alla-I am suprised the Donald let her off the hook so easily. Although it was Adams idea, they all agreed to it, and the amount of the budget that the carraiges ate up limited the labor budget. The carraiges would have been ok on a smaller scale, to allow more $ for the labor. I was somewhat suprised Trump, et al were so impressed with Randall and Rebecca "stealing" the megaphones.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/28/05 02:10 PM

Quote:

I was somewhat suprised Trump, et al were so impressed with Randall and Rebecca "stealing" the megaphones.

That didn't really surprise me. I thought they would like what they did. I thought it was quite clever and funny.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/28/05 02:34 PM

Quote:

Who was fired Thursday night?

Adam, I believe - missed it myself.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/28/05 05:54 PM

Yes, it was Adam. His team, led by Alla, lost by five phone calls. Considering that Randal's team had 60 temps walking around with sandwich boards bearing the 800 number, and Alla's team had only 15, arguably her group got a better return on their labor investment or deployed them more wisely. So Trump was right to say that just one or two more temps would've pushed them over the top. But they blew 60+% of their $10,000 budget on Adam's pet idea of plastering carriages with the ad, and those adhesive pictures just looked terrible.

Of course, Alla helped her numbers along by basically stopping random people, dialing the 800 number herself on her own cellphone, and then having them put in the request for the free product.

So our F4 are Alla, Felisha, Randal, and Rebecca. Felisha has done all right, but she's been Alla's puppet for the most part. Rebecca has done little other than be intense. Randal, on review, actually hasn't done a whole lot either other than have five degrees. His contributions seem to be to mainly add quiet value to a team and keep people stabilized. Alla is ferocious and has shown mad skillz, but it's unlikely Mr. Trump will hire a former stripper. I mean, I know that's held my own career back a few times.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 11/28/05 06:02 PM

Quote:

I think he would be the best for the job. Alla to me really has not done much. She lets others come up with the ideas and she picks what she likes best and goes with it.

I think Trump likes her for that reason. She doesn't feel the need to micromanage her team when she is PM. She also stepped up on the challenge that Clay(was that is name) tried to run into the ground.

That being said, he seems to really like Randal. I hope he pulls it together and makes it to the final 2.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 01:18 PM

I was surprised but happy that both ladies got fired last night. While Alla has been competent, she showed her true colors last night. I was so mad when they showed them in a restaurant and Felisha was crying her eyes out, then a clip of Alla talking about how when people act like that, she just has to sit back and laugh. And all the while, Felisha kept talking about how Alla was a caring person, etc. Yep, if you mean caring about herself! My vote is on Randal for the win.
Posted By: patsfan1224

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 02:19 PM

2 got the boot? - I wasn't able to watch - who is gone and who is left? Anyone? ...thanks I appreciate the update

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 02:21 PM

Rebecca and Randall are the last 2 left. Alla dn the other girl both got fired.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 02:30 PM

thank you

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 03:19 PM

I had to laugh when Alla started to get up after Felicia was fired and Donald told her to sit. She knew what was coming after that. Alla and Felicia together was a nightmare. Alla is so brash, and Felicia was so afraid Alla was going to outshine her throughout the task that they just couldn't get it together. They both deserved it. My vote is also for Randal to win.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 03:29 PM

It will definitely be interesting to see who wins - they both have their strengths. The dynamic I find very interesting (and I am fairly confident that the producers are thinking about this) is that to date, they have not had a woman or a minority win. This year's edition will now definitely address one of those issues.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 03:31 PM

The last apprentice was a woman.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 03:48 PM

I was really impressed with Randal last night. He may not have the most brilliant (risky?) ideas, but he wants to keep things rolling and doesn't need to make a scene to do so. He called Rebecca out of the room last night and helped her make a Project Manager decision without forcing it on her. He is my pick for the win also.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 04:20 PM

any chance they both do great in the final task and Donald hires them both? - he's fired more than one at a time, could happen
Posted By: Bankster

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 04:49 PM

Did anyone else find it funny, when Rebecca was talking about how great her boyfriend was, how he stuck with her through thick and thin, blah, blah blah. Of course he stuck with you no matter what, you are much better looking than him. That guy was a mess.
Posted By: rainman

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 05:07 PM

Hey, DS I love your screen name! I don't watch the apprentice, but I just had to view the post to see what "DSchrute" was saying! I laughed out loud just seeing the name.

don't want to hijack the thread, sorry!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 05:09 PM

Quote:

Did anyone else find it funny, when Rebecca was talking about how great her boyfriend was, how he stuck with her through thick and thin, blah, blah blah. Of course he stuck with you no matter what, you are much better looking than him. That guy was a mess.

I didn't think she looked all that happy to see him. Poor guy. If she wins I have a feeling it's dumpsville.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 05:09 PM

Quote:

For the life of me, I didn't remember that - my memory is fading quickly!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 05:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

She wasn't that rememberable. She was the really young girl.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 05:25 PM

Quote:

Hey, DS I love your screen name! I don't watch the apprentice, but I just had to view the post to see what "DSchrute" was saying! I laughed out loud just seeing the name.

I don't want to further highjack the thread, but I don't get it?

Signed,
Suzy

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 07:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

She wasn't that rememberable. She was the really young girl.

I couldn't remember her name, either. I had to go do a search. It was Kendra. She beat out Tara last season.

Suzy, I don't get it either.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 08:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dwight Schrute is a character on "The Office" that is hysterical.

I don't want to further highjack the thread, but I don't get it?

Signed,
Suzy

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 08:48 PM

I can't wait to see Rebecca and Randal's expression when they see the Donald walk in to deliver the news. I think Randal is going to win. He seems better suited for the Trump industry. I'm not sure how Rebecca will be able to handle the task on her own. Last night was definately a tense board room.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/02/05 08:49 PM

Just think if Randal and Rebecca has lost, Rebecca would have been fired, and there would still be three... Just my opinion.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/08/05 09:19 PM

is the finale tonight?

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/08/05 09:21 PM

Tonight is the first part of their individual final tasks-i beleive part 2 and the reuniion is next week.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/08/05 10:10 PM

I love the final task because they are so brutal.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 12:07 AM

Plus they have to work with all the old ones that previously got the boot. I'll bet Markus and Clay will be back.
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 12:10 AM

who thinks Markus will be picked last for dodgeball?

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 03:28 AM

Well, guess I lost that bet. I was glad to see them get to pick their own employees instead of having the worst of the worst foisted on them.

I was glad to see both Mark and Chris back as I think both kind of got stuck with raw deals with their firings.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 01:36 PM

Quite the episode: I have a question about the Joe Piscopo issue-I didn't catch the exact reason there is an issue with the union-and wouldn't they have known that ahead of time? I think it is a set up to throw a curve ball at them to see how they respond.
Posted By: jenniferm

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 02:07 PM

I think Joe Piscopo backing out was a set up by the producers, to see how they handle the situation. Didn't something like that happen before.

Interesting that the guy asked Randal what the weather was going to be like and he said sunny and nice. Hmmmm.....

I like the change in having each pick their three to work with. Takes away anyone trying to screw up the task--which I think has happened in the past. Funny how of the six, three were fired in one night. Chris made a real bad decision when he was fired--but he would only have been there for a few tasks. So R & R would not have a lot of knowledge of how he works.

I still think its Randall job in the end.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 02:25 PM

During the basketball charity event a season or 2 ago, the emcee, (Chris Weber, I think) backed out at the last minute...I agree the Piscopo thing was a set up. Randall isn't looking good now, but we all know the editing plays a big part in that. Trump really likes both of them-in the season of multiple firing, how about multiple hiring??? Would be interesting.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 02:41 PM

Trump definitely does not think much of Toral. I'm really surprised Rebecca picked her--but couldn't really think of any other person she would pick.

So do you think R & R knew before that they got to choose their team, or did Carolyn just spring it on them?? Did they both originally choose Josh, Chris and Mark??

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 03:03 PM

They must have known, or had an idea it may happen-they responded very quickly and strongly (maybe it was editing).

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 04:03 PM

I think Randal is the best for the job. Yes they made him look bad yesterday but that was the editing. I also believe the union issue was a set up too. The show is starting to get a little predictable.

On another note I really enjoyed how Trump told Alla to sit down right before he fired her.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 05:47 PM

Quote:

The show is starting to get a little predictable.

I already decided and told my wife a couple of weeks ago - this is the last season I'll be watching.
Posted By: RobinS

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 06:03 PM

Since Donald fired in groups of 2 and 3 what's to say he won't hire both????

PS. If I was Rebacca I'd ask The Donald to MC the event.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 09:55 PM

Quote:

Since Donald fired in groups of 2 and 3 what's to say he won't hire both????

PS. If I was Rebacca I'd ask The Donald to MC the event.

The MC was already set up. It really would be cool if he hired both of them. They are both a great catch and work really well together.
Posted By: jenniferm

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/09/05 10:03 PM

Wouldn't that be a cop out to pick two winners? To me, the purpose of the show is to have one person WIN, therefore to not choose between the final two would really discredit the premise of the show. What is the point of watching then if Trump doesn't choose? I think some of the changes he made this year with the team voting on exemptions, multiple firing, allowing R&R to choose the final teams have been good steps, but to not pick a winner, well, he might as well stop having this show on the air.

I agree R&R is as tight a race as Bill/Kwame, but I will be very angry if picks both. Which, I think, will not happen.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/15/05 02:02 PM

Okay, I'm going to say The Donald picks Randall. Although it could go either way--really close race.

What does everyone else think?

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/15/05 02:05 PM

I like Rachel, but I also think The Donald will pick Randall.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/15/05 02:40 PM

I'm for Randal.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/15/05 08:12 PM

It is so hard to say-they both appear to have big problems looming...I thought going into last years finale, they both had a shot, but Tana's true colors came out.
Posted By: BBoyd

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/15/05 09:17 PM

I agree that Rebecca should consider Donald as the MC. Editing always plays a big part; right now, Randall looks to be in the dumper - mainly because of his delegation, or lack thereof. He could've hired a lot more people to do the work he ended up doing. Rebecca looked great, and not having Joe Piscopo won't be a big show stopper for her. Tonite will tell!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 01:49 PM

So, what sealed Rebecca's fate? As strong as she was, Randall was that much stronger. As for the fundraising, Rebecca was in a tough spot. Yahoo made it clear they didn't want agressive fundraising-but wouldnt the clients being invited there know it was fundraising for the AIDS foundation? Tough call.
Randall did not hesitate when The Donald asked him if Rebecca should be hired also, and Rebecca was probably stunned when he said no-i loved his line-This isnt the Apprenti...Good for him. Clearly the best candidate.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 01:49 PM

Somehow I wasn't surprised that Randall pulled it off, although not counting on rain is pretty dumb. Of course, Carolyn runs a golf course so she always has plan B. Rebecca's event went well, but if the task was to raise money for charity, then she failed miserably. Rebecca I thought worked well all season, but last night during the final boardroom she seemed too rehearsed, not very well relaxed like Randal was. Alla took a cheap shot that really was uncalled for.

Overall, Randal was 3-0 as PM and Rebecca was 1-2 and that win came on the last task when it was her and Randal on the team. I never did get her defense of Toral nor the turnaround the next week. Randal was always chosen by the other team when they had to pick someone. He also had a lot of upside. When Randal said, "I run companies, Rebecca writes about them". I knew he won. Plus, frankly, I think her age was against her. Whether or not Trump really has you running these projects or you are a figurehead, I just don't see Rebecca gaining the respect from her co-workers because of her age.

After two very bad seasons, this Apprentice went way up in my book. No more of that complaining, whining and bitching that took place before. You could tell everyone wanted to win and work together and it just took on a more positive tone.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:03 PM

I thought Randal was kind of a dick for saying there should be only one apprentice when Trump was obviously leaning towards hiring both of them. It just seemed spiteful and arrogant to me.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:10 PM

Quote:

I thought Randal was kind of a dick for saying there should be only one apprentice when Trump was obviously leaning towards hiring both of them. It just seemed spiteful and arrogant to me.

I agree with BF, it seemed petty of Randall. The thing I'd hoped he'd say was "If you don't hire her, Mr. Trump, I'd like to."

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:21 PM

I agree--I lost some respect for Randal when he was so adamant about Trump not hiring Rebecca. He was so positive throughout the process, I hated to see him end it looking petty and selfish.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:27 PM

I was pulling for Rebecca but I do think when she didn't have any money to show at the end of the evening hurt her, she should have at least made an annoucement that the pledge cards were in the bags and to please think about sending in a contribution since they had a great evening. It was interesting to see that side of Randal when the Donald mentioned about hiring Rebecca as well. (I think he will find a place for her) so, Randal may have won a job for a year but Rebecca may be the bigger winner. I didn't expect his reaction at all and I did lose some respect for him at that point

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:30 PM

However, if he hired her then he was saying Randal was not the best. She clearly didn't deserve it as much as he. He made a good point...It's the apprentice not the apprenti. I for one have more respect for him because of those comments. He shows me that he can stand up for himself. I wouldn't worry about her. If Trump really wants to, he will hire her anyway.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:38 PM

Lacking grace in victory isn't necessarily the same thing as standing up for oneself.

Asking to hire her himself would have underlined his having won the top spot, and at the same time validated the effectiveness of their prior working relationship.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:43 PM

He probably could have softened the blow or been a bit more tactful, but I understand Randalls decision-who wants to share the gold medal? Trump announced him as the winner. If Trump wanted to, he could have brought on Rebecca, or could have said they were both fantastic (no argument here) and hired each of them to run the respective project.
Posted By: Raymond

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:49 PM

I really thought Randal was pretty good, up until last night. He said several things last night that just made me think he was a jerk. Rebecca was very respectful of Randal when answering questions from Trump. Randal was so full of himself I almost threw up.

Then when he said that Trump should not hire Rebecca, all I thought was "Holy Crap, you're scared of her!"

I would be not be surprised if you see Rebecca working for Trump in the near future.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:50 PM

Quote:

He probably could have softened the blow or been a bit more tactful, but I understand Randalls decision-who wants to share the gold medal? Trump announced him as the winner. If Trump wanted to, he could have brought on Rebecca, or could have said they were both fantastic (no argument here) and hired each of them to run the respective project.

Exactly.

Randal was under no obligation to offer her a position. He didn't bow to the preasure around him to do so. Yes, hiring her or saying Trump should hire her would be the "nice" thing to do. But let's face it. She lost.

It's like saying the team that loses the superbowl game should get rings too and the same money the winning team gets.

Clearly the best person for the job won!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:53 PM

I think Randal did the right thing in saying no. If Trump wanted to hire them both, he could have done it. But if the game is one winner than that is the way it should be.

You know, all these contestants spend all those weeks defending themselves and trying to show Trump the mistakes made by others just so they won't be fired. It's really one person against all others regardless of the "team concept".

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 02:55 PM

Quote:

Nice language, Captain Christian.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 03:14 PM

I think Trump made a mistake. Not taking away anything from Randal (although I thought he was a bit pompous last night), but her is why I think Rebecca is better.

Even though Randal had a better record, and he admittedly was good at getting his teams to perform well, he is not as much of a "get your hands dirty" worker. Many times I recall him kicking back on a pedestal while the worker bees did their thing. For example, what kind of leader lets someone spend all those hours setting up tents, banner sand chairs at the baseball field without at least getting them some help. He was horrible on the satellite radio task. Rebecca's record may not be as good, but she is great under pressure and she was always in there working her butt off. I really liked her answer about going thru a brick wall for Trump.

I think he made a mistake. (and I'm sorry, for Randal's "multi-million dollar business - that was one sorry conference room)
Posted By: MStateFan

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 03:30 PM

Randal was already declared the winner by Trump - what harm would it have done for him to tell Trump he should also hire Rebecca (especially since Trump was obviously considering it and they had selected different projects)? I agree with Raymond - I think Randal was scared that Rebecca would outshine him. Plus, he seemed to want all of the glory for himself. Not a quality I would look for in an employee, but to each his/her own.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 03:37 PM

If Randall had said to hire Rebecca:

1) He would have had to share the spotlight at that moment, and he had earned the right to have the spotlight only on him.
2) He would be faced with having Trump have to split his mentoring efforts over the next year between him and Rebecca instead of focused on him alone
3) He would be detracting from the premise of the show which is that one person will be chosen

He only told Trump that if making the hiring decision at that moment, that night, that he would not hire her then. He did not say Trump should not hire her at a later date, out of the spotlight or into a different position. Not only that, but because of her strong play, Rebecca will be fielding so many attractive offers over the next several weeks, that she won't sting much from not getting the Trump job.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 03:48 PM

Quote:

I agree with Raymond - I think Randal was scared that Rebecca would outshine him. Plus, he seemed to want all of the glory for himself. Not a quality I would look for in an employee, but to each his/her own.

Rebecca will be successful but I dont' think Randal was scared of her at all. He was very low key and I don't blame him for wanting to have the glory for himself. I think that kind of arrogance would have come across at some point during the season. I have worked with people who will not hire anyone that might outshine them or would in any way pass them by on the ladder and Randal didn't show those characteristics. He delegated a lot and didn't micromanage anyone (at least as far as we could see) and he really didn't trash anyone; he took responsibility for the incorrect marketing ad and not having a plan B (although he tried to skip around that fact). I never heard anyone else question the kind of person he was, some of his decisions, yes, but not his character and integrity.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 03:50 PM

It was a tough call, since Trump was clearly impressed with both of them. I think the nail in her coffin was the lack of fundraising during the Yahoo event, which was the whole point of the tasks. I think if she had raised anywhere close to a similar amount Randall did, she would have won. I also think her not meeting Trump at the car was a mistake (that happens every year-don't people learn from that?)

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 03:56 PM

I just think Randall could have shown a bit more class. We'll never know what Rebecca might've said had it been her. The talk around the office here is that it was a stereotypical male reply (no, I'm not male bashing...many women just tend to lean toward wanting to good for all - not just one). I do hope she finds something either in his empire or in another - she was incredible for being so young.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 04:02 PM

Did anyone else notice Randal's facial expressions? Sometimes it looks like his eyeballs were going to pop out of his head. I really respect his leadership skills and think he would make a great boss. The only suggestion that I would have for him is to be a little more poker faced (which is one area where Rebecca excelled). To be as good as he is you need to be a little arrogant and the show makes you assertively defend yourself. He came on stronger than he had in the past because it was the end and he didn't want the opportunity to get away. The Autism Speaks lady thought at first that he was too laid back, but changed her mind in the end. He really pulled it out.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 04:04 PM

Go here: The Apprentice to see info from the show and cast your vote for whom you would've hired.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 04:10 PM

Did Trump keep going after Toral because it makes good television or because he truly didn't like her? I think he didn't like her. But it was funny--and it made for good television.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 05:59 PM

I don't know if anyone has read this or not, but it is really funny----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4326967/from/RS.5/

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 06:25 PM

I think Randal should have said something like I don't think Rebecca and I should share the Apprentice, but she would make a valuable asset to the Trump organization. I bet he hires her today for another position.

She is really talented and you can't let people like that get away.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 06:28 PM

Quote:

I think Randal should have said something like I don't think Rebecca and I should share the Apprentice, but she would make a valuable asset to the Trump organization. I bet he hires her today for another position.

She is really talented and you can't let people like that get away.

I agree. I'm sure within the next month or so the "Trump Hires Apprenti" headline will hit the entertainment features with a big deal over him not giving her the co-title, but giving her a job anyway.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 06:30 PM

If I were her I don't know that I would really care about the title. Trump knows who she is now and he'll be watching her.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 06:57 PM

that link was hilarious - thanks
Posted By: Rosebud123

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 07:10 PM

Get ready for this. My husband had a theory that Randall would get hired because so far Trump had hired 2 white men and a white woman. He said this weeks ago and here we are.

By the way I missed Alla's comment. What was it???

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 07:52 PM

I don't really think the fact that he is black made the final decision. Randal was outstanding throughout the whole process. He made it as far as he did because he was a good leader. I liked Rebecca also, but I think based on their overall performances, Randal came out ahead. Between the two, Randal was the obvious choice.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 08:31 PM

Quote:

that link was hilarious - thanks

Yeah, it was. When Rebecca came out last night, her hair style was different. And then that article calls it the "kelly garrett, from charlies angels" look. I started laughing outloud right here at my desk.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 08:51 PM

Quote:

Somebody, tell me please!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 08:53 PM

I thought it was declasse of Randal to tell Trump not to hire her. As Rebecca said this morning on the Today show, what harm does it do to have good people hired, and especially in an organization like Trump's, where the more allies you have the better off you're going to be? While I thought either candidate would have been a fine Apprentice, I really thought lesser of Randal for his greedy attitude. He'd already won, what harm would it have done to show a little graciousness and class.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 09:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I missed the whole show. I would also like to know what it was that Alla said.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 09:21 PM

Alla said that if Rebecca had good leadership skills, she never saw them when they worked together.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 09:55 PM

Quote:

I don't really think the fact that he is black made the final decision. Randal was outstanding throughout the whole process. He made it as far as he did because he was a good leader. I liked Rebecca also, but I think based on their overall performances, Randal came out ahead. Between the two, Randal was the obvious choice.

I will state first that although I thought Rebecca should have been chosen, Randal was extremely well qualified and top-notch and deserving of the decision.

That said, while I don't think that Randal was chosen because he was Black, I firmly believe that the producers of the show, and the Trump Organization, were very careful to be sure and have a highly qualified minority candidate (in this case African American) be one of the candidates picked to be on the show, and in fact, they had 2 very qualified minority candidates this time. I believe this to be true, especially since in two of the previous seasons they have had African American women who have been depicted as either evil, bi!chy and warped (Omarosa) and in another,they had the girl who freaked out at the task where they had to remodel the motel.

I am not saying there was any fix, and not saying that Randal did not deserve it, but I am pretty confident in saying that I am sure the producers and Trump were happy to have such a highly qualified minority candidate who performed throughout to get to the end.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 09:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I missed the whole show. I would also like to know what it was that Alla said.

For those that missed it, you can catch repeats tonight on CNBC at 8:00pm or 11:00pm ET.

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 10:23 PM

I remember her saying it, but can't put it into words without watching it again. She didn't think much of Rebecca and I think even Trump was put off by it--plus it was during the live portion of the show. If I still have it on TiVo I'll try to post it.
Posted By: Uncle_Milty

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 10:40 PM

Alla trashed Rebecca pretty good. She said something to the effect that they aren't in the same league and on the tasks she shared with Rebecca she basically saw nothing good from her.

Remember that the taping ended long ago, but the question from the Donald to Randal about Rebecca was live. I'm sure he saw all the buzz and speculation that both might be hired and had a great deal of time to think about that possibility. I don't think he handled it poorly - he didn't put her down. He simply suggested, or perhaps insisted, that the format was built for one winner and that the night should be his. Good for him. Frankly, I'm not sure that future seasons would be as interesting if the possibility of multiple hirings was built in.
Posted By: Chiquita Banana

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/16/05 11:10 PM

That link was funny.

My favorite..."Why am I not surprised that Outback has a Hummer? Eat steak! Burn gas! Blossom onions!"

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/19/05 01:17 PM

Quote:

Remember that the taping ended long ago, but the question from the Donald to Randal about Rebecca was live. I'm sure he saw all the buzz and speculation that both might be hired and had a great deal of time to think about that possibility.

Even though the taping took place time ago, the editing is what made us realize that both would he hired. I don't think he could have seen that. I think he did handle it poorly. He handled it like a game instead of an important professional opportunity. He really messed things up for Rebecca on a professional level. Afterwards he was greeting the audience with his hands up like if he was a champ.
Posted By: tahdah

Re: Apprentice (Donald style) - 12/19/05 09:07 PM

I watched Randal on TV explain his action and BSA you are correct with the sport connection. He said what went thru his head when Trump asked if he should also fire Rebecca was that he felt that if he had won the gold medal at the Olympics it would be like the judges asking him if he wanted to share it with the silver medal winner. I thought if that's the best analogy he could come up with, with all his education, that it was pretty poor especially since Trump had two projects available and they each wanted a different one. But he also said that he was sure that Trump was going to find a place for her in the origanization. They also pointed out to him that there is no such word at "aprenti" and that with his education he should have known that.