What annoying song....

Posted By: E.E.G.B

What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 02:49 PM

is playing in YOUR head right now??

I'm unfortunately stuck with "Dorothy the Dinosaur" by the Wiggles. *Shudder* The joys of having a 2 year old.
Posted By: °X°

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:15 PM

Perhaps, because you are annoying?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:29 PM

that 'golddigger' song by kanye west.
i am ashamed to say that it is growing on me.

"i ain't sayin' she's a gold digger but she ain't messin..."

i think it's jamie foxx's background vocals as ray charles that makes it stick in your head.

that 'golddigger' song by kanye west.
i am ashamed to say that it is growing on me.

"i ain't sayin' she's a gold digger but she ain't messin..."

i think it's jamie foxx's background vocals as ray charles that makes it stick in your head.
Posted By: ~Special K~

Yes it is Jamie Foxx that you hear
Posted By: QCL

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:33 PM

Quote:

I'm unfortunately stuck with "Dorothy the Dinosaur" by the Wiggles. *Shudder* The joys of having a 2 year old.

Noooooooooooooooo...now it's stuck in my head.
D-O-R-O-T-H-Y...
Posted By: Uncle_Milty

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:34 PM

Thanks a lot, there was none but as soon as I saw the subject my brain went into "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name".
Posted By: Sound Tactic

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:35 PM

Kayne West = Why earplugs were invented.
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:35 PM

How about " ... In the big red car I like to ride ... "

Or our favorite, "Put down the duckie"

Hail to the *almost* 2 year olds

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:36 PM

Elmo's World

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:38 PM

Quote:

Perhaps, because you are annoying?

Here "X" - I found these pills on the floor. I assume they are yours because you apparently forgot to take them this morning.
Posted By: Fork Ate Spoon

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 03:40 PM

Doop doooh Dah Dooh Dooh;

Doop Dooooooh Dah Doooh

Manah Manah
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 04:43 PM

Red Red Wine....
Posted By: WildTurkey

Re: What annoying song.... *DELETED* - 09/27/05 05:15 PM

Post deleted by WildTurkey
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:17 PM

The "Your Conference Has Not Started" song. Wait, it's not in my head, it's on my phone.....But it's been there for 7 minutes.....
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:21 PM

Mickey...by Toni Basil

you know "oh Mickey you're so fine...you're so fine you blow my mind..." I heard it for a second on the radio on the way to work. UGH!
Posted By: Bankster

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:25 PM

"Shut Up" by the Black Eyed Peas. I get that in my head when I hear someone say something really stupid, which is pretty much all the time.
Posted By: MichelleDawn

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:26 PM

"Don't you Forget About Me" from the Breakfast Club - the last song I heard on the radio while I was out for lunch.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:27 PM

Thanks JLJ, now I'll have that in my head all day. My sister used to listen to it over and over and over . . .
Posted By: Clown Boy

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:29 PM

You want a real earworm? Howabout MmmBop by Hanson...

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:30 PM

More like a Trotsky Icepick!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:32 PM

Dancing Queen by Abba... ick

My son always has the Star Wars theme playing in his head... drives me nuts...

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:32 PM

At least I know I'm not alone! I've tried to replace it with some of the other annoying ones listed (red red wine....horse with no name) but it's not working.

I't amazes me how much of the lyrics I know! Kinda scary...
Posted By: Creditcop

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 05:58 PM

When I think of an annoying song, it takes my back to Disney World when my kids were younger and going through "It's A Small World" after all...... and hearing that song over and over and over.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 06:00 PM

My worst one is the Rainbow Connection, sung by....Kermit the Frog of course!! The Great Muppet Caper I think is the movie...
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 06:30 PM

Quote:

My worst one is the Rainbow Connection, sung by....Kermit the Frog of course!! The Great Muppet Caper I think is the movie...

No, the Muppet Movie and it is a Paul Williams song. I like that song! Kenny Loggins does a nice version on his first children's album. He also does an update to House on Pooh Corner where he sings it as a father looking back.

My worst: Any commercial jingle I find myself singing in my head. I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 06:32 PM

Quote:

...and why discount bins were created in CD stores.

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 06:36 PM

There is a new song out on the hip hop stations called LAFFY TAFFY... artist? I have no clue << umm hello that is the most annoying song because it is named after a candy and how to incorporate that into someone shaking their butt like "LAFFY TAFFY"
Posted By: thomasj

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 06:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Noooooooooooooooo...now it's stuck in my head.
D-O-R-O-T-H-Y...

Maybe this will get it out....

Hot Potato Hot Potato..........
Posted By: homestar

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 07:09 PM

Quote:

Personally, I think Rainbow Connection is one of the best songs of all time. It is a finely crafted masterpiece that perfectly marries a wonderful melody with a wonderfully presented message.

(I'm not talking about Kermit's singing and banjo playing--which I do like--I'm talking about the craft of songwriting.)

What's her name, ummm, you know that woman singer/songwriter with long hair who sings that song with the line "in the arms of the angels, fly away from here," oh yeah, Sarah McLaughlin does a nice cover of Rainbow Connection, as does Jason Mraz in a live bootleg version you can sometimes find on the internet.
Posted By: hobot

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 07:15 PM

Did this thread start b/c of Medium last night? The main character woke up with Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive" running through her head and it caused her to find a clue to a kidnapped young woman.

I still hear it in my head... make it stopppp.
Posted By: Miss Chee

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 07:20 PM

"I Believe I Can Fly"

Didn't R. Kelly do that one? Too bad he couldn't believe in using a toilet instead.
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 07:37 PM

Midnight at the Oasis

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Miss Chee

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 07:42 PM

Oooh...that and "Loving You"

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 07:45 PM

What? No one's been infected with "Muskrat Love"?
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 07:49 PM

Quote:

I endured THAT ditty at a live concert, thank you very much!
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 07:52 PM

Metallica - The Unforgiven, because it's playing right now. The "Black Album" should have been titled "The Beginning of the End"

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 08:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I endured THAT ditty at a live concert, thank you very much!

The problem with the "pop" renditions of that song is that Willis Allen Ramsey did not write it for adults. It's too bad neither America nor the Captain & Tennille understood that.
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 08:32 PM

Quote:

Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive"

Everytime I hear that song, I think of that little internet clip that went around with the one-eyed alien girl singing that song and getting smashed by the disco ball. Too funny!

Here's the clip
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 08:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No, the Muppet Movie and it is a Paul Williams song. I like that song!

OK Z. Now that I know which movie it is I just ordered it on Amazon. My 4 year old is old enough for that one!!
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 08:49 PM

Quote:

Gee thanks Barbarian....I was having a good day until now..
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 09:02 PM

baby got back ----sir mix a lot

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 09:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, the Muppet Movie and it is a Paul Williams song. I like that song!

OK Z. Now that I know which movie it is I just ordered it on Amazon. My 4 year old is old enough for that one!!

I love the Muppets. They finally got their Muppet Show DVD's right. Before this year, they had 3 episodes per DVD for $20. Now, they have the entire 24 episodes of the first season in a DVD package for about $30 (give or take). I hope Santa is reading this post.

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 09:23 PM

That would be a great DVD...I loved the muppets. My kids are getting a little big though. We've just about worn out the Looney Toons box set.

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 09:40 PM

Quote:

That would be a great DVD...I loved the muppets. My kids are getting a little big though. We've just about worn out the Looney Toons box set.

Did you know that there are two Loony Toons box sets? I guess you need volume 2. And don't forget the Tom and Jerry box set!

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 09:52 PM

I do need the second Loony Toons set, I think one was a platnum and one was a gold or something like that. My son LOVES Tom and Jerry...I'll have to add that as a stocking stuffer for Christmas this year.

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

...and evidently you don't have anyone's taste in music. Kanye West is music. His latest CD, "Late Registration" is true music. Maybe it's the beat of the song that most annoy's you because if you just stopped and listened to the lyrics, it's a totally different vibe. Now, I do agree with the d**n "Laffy Taffy" song, okay that is annoying beyond words. Anyone who can write a song in which he refers to female body parts as pieces of candy has no talent whatsoever.

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 10:30 PM

i agree with anon i really like kanye west, he made himself big, when noone else thought that he was any good, just another producer trying to rap.... so not true about him

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/27/05 11:20 PM

rhinestone cowboy
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 12:04 AM

Some nice choices above to be sure, however, I have found THE MOST ANNOYING SONG TO EVER BE STUCK IN YOUR HEAD.

READY?

The Elusive Butterfly of Love.

No other song is as bad or as annoying.
Posted By: JacF

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 02:25 AM

Quote:

So, DQ- Do you hear the voices in your son's head, too? Or just the songs?

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 04:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

...and evidently you don't have anyone's taste in music. Kanye West is music.

I don't have anyone's taste in music? That doesn't make sense. Study Kayne's sources and you will learn that this is not HIS music. He steals from many past sources and has a long list of guest vocalists. He either is or will be sued by one of the artists he ripped off without her permission (I can't remember the name). Mark my word. Five years from now, this album will be selling for less than $5 on ebay.

Hey, that's fine if you like him, but recognize why you like him: He samples other successful music heavily and employs numerous guests musicians. Hey, if it feeds his babies, why not, but I am not along for the ride.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 12:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So, DQ- Do you hear the voices in your son's head, too? Or just the songs?

You know, Jac, just once I would like to meet you in person!

The voices in my own head drive me nuts as well...
Posted By: Tesla

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 03:41 PM

Quote:

Doop doooh Dah Dooh Dooh;

Doop Dooooooh Dah Doooh

Manah Manah

I love that commercial and song!

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 03:52 PM

he might sample things from other artists, but so does everyone else, they basically remake the whole song, jessica simpson-boots are made for walking, Britney Spears-my perogative and I love rock'n rooll...just to name a few...the difference is he changes it and adds his flip on it, he has so many "political" statements in his songs, all of his songs try to make a point, the question is do you get the point?

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 04:01 PM

Quote:

he might sample things from other artists, but so does everyone else,

Well, that's certainly news to a lot of real musicians who write and perform their own music. I don't think the question is whether I get the point. I can get the point--even appreciate it--and still not like the final product. Part of the reason for my dislike of his music is prejudice against people taking short cuts by borrowing recordings from others. People have accepted mediocrity.

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 04:11 PM

if you are a big rap fan..and you compare his music to other rappers of today you would see that he is actually doing something.. all these other "rappers" rap about is their money, girls, wheels, their cars, their gold teeth, and drugs and other bs. anyway i do agree with you about the sampling of other songs, but most rap and other music, takes from artists in the past 9 times outa 10 Alien ant Farm-Annie if i could research it all most of the music of today is takin from other artists, the only genre of music that does less of this is country, and even then they take from other artists
Posted By: Spivol

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 04:18 PM

Hotdogs...Armour HotDogs...

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 04:40 PM

Quote:

if you are a big rap fan..and you compare his music to other rappers of today you would see that he is actually doing something.. all these other "rappers" rap about is their money, girls, wheels, their cars, their gold teeth, and drugs and other bs. anyway i do agree with you about the sampling of other songs, but most rap and other music, takes from artists in the past 9 times outa 10 Alien ant Farm-Annie if i could research it all most of the music of today is takin from other artists, the only genre of music that does less of this is country, and even then they take from other artists

He is a producer. He wrote some prose and read it into a microphone, got a bunch of musicians and vocalists involved, produced an album and then put his name on it. Isn't this what Quincy Jones did about 14 years ago with Back on the Block.
Posted By: Lavender

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 04:42 PM

I don't get rap...I don't see how it's relaxing like music...What am I missing...anger?

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 04:52 PM

lavender-i didn't know that rap was supposed to be relaxing
z-geez i wasn't trying to put your panties in a wad i'm just stating my opinion if u dont agree...sorry, and i know that he was/is a producer i said that in an earlier post, thats your opinion great, and i have stated mine it's DONE

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 05:11 PM

Quote:

lavender-i didn't know that rap was supposed to be relaxing
z-geez i wasn't trying to put your panties in a wad i'm just stating my opinion if u dont agree...sorry, and i know that he was/is a producer i said that in an earlier post, thats your opinion great, and i have stated mine it's DONE

Sorry, I thought I was just discussing my opinion with you. I am not upset just friendly conversation, but I think we've exhausted it.
Posted By: JacF

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 05:52 PM

Quote:

You know, Jac, just once I would like to meet you in person!

Why just once?

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 07:10 PM

i agree z it is what it is
Posted By: P*Q

Re: What annoying song.... - 09/28/05 08:02 PM

Sunny days...keeping the clouds away.....friendly neighbors....I'm taking my son to Sesame Street live on Sunday so the theme is playing in my head. Can't wait to see Grover and Big Bird from the front row!