North Country

Posted By: Rainbow Girl

North Country - 10/24/05 04:47 PM

Anyone seen this? It wasn't so long ago that Women did not work outside of the home. The way the men acted about women working at the mine is how some people are acting about the changes happening today. If things never changed you would not be reading a post from a woman because we wouldn't be here at work.

Just some thoughts to ponder.
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 04:48 PM

I want to see it.. looks like it is gonna be good.

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 04:50 PM

It really enjoyed it although I think it raised my blood pressure just a tad.
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 04:51 PM

Raised your BP.. why?
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 04:53 PM

Not sure if I can totally agree. The makeup of Congress and the residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave suggests to me that we don't like change as a nation whether right or wrong.
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 04:58 PM

Well, if you're traveling to the north country fair,
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline,
Remember me to one who lives there,
She once was a true love of mine.

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 05:05 PM

Ron I agree with your statement. There are a lot of people who do not like like change and will pitch a rip roaring fit.
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 05:42 PM

i really want to see this too
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 05:56 PM

Quote:

It wasn't so long ago that Women did not work outside of the home.

Rainbow Girl. You overstated your case. This just is not true. They've always worked outside of the home. However, they were not welcomed in certain professions or were allowed to work in the profession begrudgingly or were treated as if they ought to be home. But women have always worked outside the home.

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 06:02 PM

Ok point taken.
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: North Country - 10/24/05 06:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It wasn't so long ago that Women did not work outside of the home.

Rainbow Girl. You overstated your case. This just is not true. They've always worked outside of the home. However, they were not welcomed in certain professions or were allowed to work in the profession begrudgingly or were treated as if they ought to be home. But women have always worked outside the home.

Did she overstate her case or did you take it too literally? I have a feeling that everything in your life must be a game of Abbott/Costello Who's on First.
Posted By: Skyline

Re: North Country - 10/25/05 01:46 PM

Saw the movie this weekend with my spouse. We both enjoyed it. Highly recommend it and would see it again.