Oh Deer!

Posted By: OnTheEdge

Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 05:23 PM

Even as we speak (post)there is a deer trapped in the CEO's office. It broke thru one of the full-length windows, jumped over teller row. Tried to jump thru the drive up window. Jumped back over teller row and is now trapped in CEO's office. Police are here trying to figure out how to get it out. The newspaper is here waiting to make pictures. This is right in the middle of town. (Granted not a very big town, but still....)
Posted By: Rainbow Girl

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 06:32 PM

I have never heard of that happening before.
Posted By: Roger That

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 06:34 PM

So, lunch next week is venison, yes?
Posted By: BankerKB

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 06:41 PM

How weird! At least everyone is okay, except maybe the deer of course.
Posted By: Raymond

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 06:48 PM

I would get the CEO a desk plate that says "The Buck Stops Here... No literally, the Buck Stopped here!"
Posted By: Nameless

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 07:17 PM

Good one Raymond! This has to be one of the most unusual posts I've seen in a while!

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 07:19 PM

Raymond, I think that is a super idea.
It took 4 tranquilizers to put the poor thing down.
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 07:35 PM

Quote:

It took 4 tranquilizers to put the poor thing down.

The deer or the CEO?

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 07:37 PM

The deer. We are still working on the CEO.
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 08:37 PM

How did you designate race/ethnicity on its app?
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 08:40 PM

Oh what great comic relief! That is too funny...what a way to make a Monday better!

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 08:51 PM

I don't know why a deer in the bank should surprise me. It was only a 2-3 months ago that I saw a beaver on the sidewalk only a block or two from here. You'll notice that I am from the "rural southeast".
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 08:53 PM

Well dang! So am I, but we don't get that kind of entertainment! LOLOLOLOL! Oh well..better a beaver than skunk!
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 10:18 PM

Better deer than moose! (But both are dangerous when trapped like that!) There are some great pictures of moose stuck in buildings in the city here. They don't seem to share elevators well but otherwise they do enjoy a visit, for the snacks (plants). Normally they leave on their own, but occasionally they have to be drugged and removed as well.

Hope the deer didn't poop on the bosses desk! (or maybe I hope he did????) heh heh

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 10:34 PM

Quote:

The deer. We are still working on the CEO.

That is so funny!

You could get a little glass case with a 30/30 shell in it that says, "In case deer breaks glass, break glass."

They had a story like this on the news two nights ago. They said it is a common occurance this time of year.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Oh Deer! - 10/31/05 10:48 PM

I had it happen when I was in college. I was walking through one of the dorm facilities on my way to class and I saw this deer come charging toward the door. It was crazy stuff. He slammed into the glass doors and cut himself all up. It was finals week so I didn't think anything of it
Posted By: flaire

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/05 01:45 AM

I had to rescue a bat trapped in the bank once. It was worth it to see all of those old women running around covering their heads and hiding under their desks!

I also saw a lady drive her car through (well, half way through) the bank a few years back. She was coming out of the drive through and hit the gas instead of the brakes. No one was hurt, luckily.

And people say banking is boring...
Posted By: Fraudman CFCI

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/05 02:21 AM

Ah, the rut is on! During the rut season bucks do all sorts of styrange things and are known to burst through plate glass windows after viewing their image and thinking another buck has invaded their space.

If you have never hunted deer, you might be surprised to read about their mating habits and the things they do.

As a younger male, I thought I would try some of the tactics employed by deer during the rut to see in they would work for humans. I put down a scrape in the park in the center of town where many females (does) walked, urinated in it letting the urine run down over my scent glands, and then checked it every 24 hours to see if one of these does was waiting for for me.

Sadly, it did not work!
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/05 02:39 PM

eewww sick Fraudman
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/01/05 04:01 PM

The only excitement like this we have had in our bank.. would be piegons that got into the bank one night. The next mornin we came in to see them poopin on the teller lines in the main lobby, sitting on the toliet seat in the ladies bathroom and the funniest sight was seeing some of the higher ups running around like idoits wavin their arms and I believe it was brooms as they tried to gather the poor little creatures out of the building... needless to say we had to call the animal catcher to assist us. But what a sight.
Posted By: slick

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 12:07 AM

Quote:

Ah, the rut is on! During the rut season bucks do all sorts of styrange things and are known to burst through plate glass windows after viewing their image and thinking another buck has invaded their space.

If you have never hunted deer, you might be surprised to read about their mating habits and the things they do.

As a younger male, I thought I would try some of the tactics employed by deer during the rut to see in they would work for humans. I put down a scrape in the park in the center of town where many females (does) walked, urinated in it letting the urine run down over my scent glands, and then checked it every 24 hours to see if one of these does was waiting for for me.

Sadly, it did not work!

Omg, that is so funny, yet so gross!
Posted By: slubgob

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 02:56 AM

Several years ago at the local University a deer busted in a window and got stuck in the office for gay and lesbian students. Their was a lot of jokes about it being confused about its sexual identity.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 04:19 PM

A deer once crashed through a windown in the small town where I used to live. It ended up running into the vault so they just closed the door to trap it in there. The city maitenance man and the local cop came down and threw a blanket over its head and carried it out of the bank(as it was a young deer) and turned it loose. I guess some of the ladies that worked in the bank were going crazy. Wish I could have seen it.
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 09:20 PM

Maybe the deer confused getting some DOE with getting some DOUGH.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 09:21 PM

d'oh!
Posted By: homestar

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 09:40 PM

Is this your bank?

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 09:42 PM

Quote:

Several years ago at the local University a deer busted in a window and got stuck in the office for gay and lesbian students. Their was a lot of jokes about it being confused about its sexual identity.

ROFL... OMG... too funny..

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 09:49 PM

How does one work for a guy named Boo?

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 09:53 PM

You have busted my cover! It's not hard at all working for Boo.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/02/05 09:58 PM

Do you call him Boo? Do you get to rush into his office every morning and shout BOO!!! (Sorry I need some protien I think...my brain is stuck on the Boo factor here) LOL

Hey if you see him, tell him Dawnie says "BOO!"

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 03:54 PM

Funny, very funny! I do call him Boo. As does everyone all over town.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 03:59 PM

Is his real name Arthur?

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 04:05 PM

His real name is Barry. You must be thinking of Bea rather than Boo.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 04:12 PM

No, I was thinking of Arthur. Radley, that is.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 05:10 PM

Man! He used my line in the story and didn't give me any credit. Now I'm sad. Okay, I'm done.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 08:04 PM

Quote:

No, I was thinking of Arthur. Radley, that is.

I thought his name was Robert Duvall.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 08:16 PM

Quote:

My brother, Tom Hagen - this is Homestar.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 10:18 PM

Quote:

Better deer than moose! (But both are dangerous when trapped like that!) There are some great pictures of moose stuck in buildings in the city here. They don't seem to share elevators well but otherwise they do enjoy a visit, for the snacks (plants). Normally they leave on their own, but occasionally they have to be drugged and removed as well.

Hope the deer didn't poop on the bosses desk! (or maybe I hope he did????) heh heh

We had a momma and baby moose follow the river and wonder in town. The police shot and killed both of them.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/03/05 10:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We had a momma and baby moose follow the river and wonder in town. The police shot and killed both of them.

That was all cute and sweet.. then suddenly went tragic... where is the ::crying:: graemlins...

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/04/05 03:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My brother, Tom Hagen - this is Homestar.

Huh? You lost me, J.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/04/05 02:07 PM

Sorry - it's from the Godfather.

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/04/05 02:25 PM

Oh, OK, now I get it. I've only see parts of The Godfather.
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/04/05 04:53 PM

This happened a few years back to a bank in Seymour, WI. The deer came thru the drive up window, cut itself a little, but enough to leave deer hair and blood all over as it ran in a panic around the teller line. By the time police arrived, it jumped back out the window. I don't know if it got away or was caught in some fashion, but I don't think they would have shot it within the city limits.

I have also heard stories of deer breaking windows and entering homes.
Posted By: ChicagoGuy

Re: Oh Deer! - 11/04/05 06:48 PM

"I have also heard stories of deer breaking windows and entering homes."

Yes, in fact a day or two ago, I read a story about a deer breaking into a house and the homeowner fighting it and killing it with his bare hands.....maybe others have read this too? What a bizarre story!