Adult Swim

Posted By: Carl from ATHF is my Idol :)

Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:09 PM

Okay, I know some people here watch Adult Swim, and you're megacool if you watch Family Guy and Aqua Teen, but what shows do you guys like to watch?
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:09 PM

Teletubbies, what else?

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:11 PM

Okay, no points for you
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:12 PM

I rarely watch TV, but ATHF is alright if I've pounded back a few beers. Most of what I watch, you'd never see on television. -Pirate-

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:14 PM

well what do you watch (that isn't broadcasted on tv)?
Posted By: ~~~izzo~~~

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:16 PM

CSI, American Idol, King of Queens, Cold Case, The Simpsons, That 70's Show. I like South Park too but that's on past my bedtime.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:17 PM

good anime i've watched - Hellsing, Texhnolyze, Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, Ninja Scrolls, trigun, vampire hunter d, and tons more
Posted By: slubgob

"Home Movies"
Posted By: Peepers

Quote:

Okay, no points for you

What are you, anti-tubite?

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:18 PM

For what it matters, Firefly (at least not recently), and independent stuff off the internet or that's just given to me because I'm freaky looking.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:19 PM

Did you see Serenity (that was based on the Firefly series)?

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:19 PM

I bought it but I haven't watched it yet. -Pirate-
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:20 PM

ATHF is greatness. Most of the other stuff on Adult Swim I could live without.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:21 PM

X-Men 3 coming out: Kelsey Grammer playing Beast, we have revelation of Phoenix, and what pisses me off is they didn't freaking put Gambit in it yet!!!

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:23 PM

I like getting lap dances from Teletubbies.
Posted By: Pirate

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:23 PM

Decided to log in. I thought I was getting out of here soon. so much for that.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:24 PM

haha, I hear that man, i'm studying for a test up here :/
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:26 PM

i like family guy

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:30 PM

Ok, ok... I'm a closet anime fan. Don't tell anyone. I watch original anime though since I speak a fair amount of Japanese... trust me, the English and subbed versions of anime don't even begin to correctly translate the stories. Heh, that was emberassing.
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:34 PM

Quote:

Ok, ok... I'm a closet anime fan. Don't tell anyone. I watch original anime though since I speak a fair amount of Japanese... trust me, the English and subbed versions of anime don't even begin to correctly translate the stories. Heh, that was emberassing.

it's okay pirate my friend would bring his laptop over and sit there and watch anime on my couch with like 6 people surrounding the comp

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:35 PM

I know man, the transliterations between Japanese/English on the anime shows are terrible, but its great to have Japanese Audio and English Subtitles

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:38 PM

Ditto with the Anime love here. There are many good ones out there, but for every good one, we have three that are crap(I'm looking at you Dragon Ball fanboys).

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:40 PM

I'm not THAT bad. LOL! It's mostly to keep up on the language but some of the stories are fantastic. May I recommend Furi Kuri (Foolie Coolie in the US)- This was a literal lost in translation because when I watched it in English, it didn't make much sense. Mahou Sensei Negima (Our Magical Teacher) I don't think is in the US yet, but it's funny. My two favorites are Love Hina and Tenchi Muyo, because of their cute but fantastic plot.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:41 PM

Quote:

Ditto with the Anime love here. There are many good ones out there, but for every good one, we have three that are crap(I'm looking at you Dragon Ball fanboys).

haha, yeah, agreed. . .I think in total there were like 235 episodes between all the DB series, but what do you watch in particular?

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:42 PM

Full Metal Alchemist, should NOT be watched in English. It doesn't even begin to do the story justice. At the very least watch it subbed, and even then see if there's a fan-sub, not the DVD sub available.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/07/06 11:45 PM

I have all of Trigun, Evangelion, Robotech/Macross, all of Myazaki's(sp?) movies, Cowboy Bebop, Initial D, Macross Plus, Record of Lodoss War(OVA and series), and many more that I can't remember at the moment. At one point, my DVD collection was over half Anime.
Posted By: annie 732

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 02:44 PM

ATHF rocks! meatwad all the way

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 02:46 PM

If you want to have some fun, type in Carl Soundboard into google and the first result should be the one, but it has sound clips from ATHF of Carl; just hold your phone up to your speakers and let Carl speak his words! hehe
Posted By: BankerJohn

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 02:48 PM

Robot Chicken.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 02:49 PM

haha, Robot Chicken is fantastic, Seth Green has some sick yet amusing humor
Posted By: Master_shakE

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 02:49 PM

Mmm i love meatwad. He is my favorite

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 02:51 PM

..dear carl...

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 02:52 PM

in the episode it's actually 'der Karl' etched into the side of his freaking house!

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 03:15 PM

Hey Carl, check out www.synthetica.org and their show Living in Syn. It may be up your alley. If you like it, please spread the word man.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 03:17 PM

hehe. you know i used to protest aqua teen, but now i just love it. You can't help but laugh. It's just so funny. AND Pirate, have you ever seen the behind the scenes where the guy is doing the meatwad and carl voice. its crazy

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 03:19 PM

Nope, but I'll try to acquire it online tonight. I like the behind the scenes stuff sometimes more than the show itself. Like the hidden world behind Survivor. Everyone knows I hate reality TV, but the technical side of it is fascinating!

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 03:21 PM

Yeah. It is just funny because when you see him being carl and laughing and all, it's just crazy. And when carl eats, he is really eating. I wish I knew the guy's name.. anyway, its funny. check it out!

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 03:24 PM

Nifty, do you have an episode # or a title for the show? I could just search for it, but I'm feeling lazy today.
Posted By: Skunk Boy

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 03:25 PM

I love Aqua Teen. The episodes with the Mooninites are the best.

Robot Chicken is hilarious.

I loved Sealab until Capt. Murphy died - I have both seasons.

Home Movies is also funny - I just bought season 1.

The Oblongs are also funny.

Harvey Birdman - Attorney at law has its moments.

Ofcourse I love the staples of Family Guy and Futurama.

I think I watch more cartoons then 'live' shows.

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 03:26 PM

Uhm no it is just on the special features for Volume 4, I believe. You might want to ask 'carl from ATHF is my Idol' He would know.
Posted By: Bimmer

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 04:34 PM

American Dad
Family Guy
Futurama
Posted By: XODUS

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 10:43 PM

have you guys seen the ATHF character generator? It asks you six questions then says which character you would be.
Posted By: XODUS

Re: Adult Swim - 02/08/06 10:46 PM

Quote:

X-Men 3 coming out: Kelsey Grammer playing Beast, we have revelation of Phoenix, and what pisses me off is they didn't freaking put Gambit in it yet!!!

forget Gambit he's a punk. I am glad Colossus is playing a bigger role in this one. Have you read the storyline? Somethig great is going to happen.