Stupid Things People Say

Posted By: Carl from ATHF is my Idol :)

Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:29 PM

I was just eating lunch with my gf, we went to this burger joint (Fuddruckers) and she told the cashier "I want a Cheeseburger" and she asked her if she wanted a Quarter pounder or a 1/3 pounder, and she says "which one is smaller?" lol; in the past she has asked if humans were mammals, she also asked if spiders could be located on farms, and when asked what year the Civil War was in, she responded "sometime after the Industrial Revolution" lol, which the Industrial revolution was spurred by the Civil War (1861-1865), and also thought that WWI occurred during the 1930s. . .anyways, what have customers or close friends surprised you with lately???
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:31 PM

Carl,

Is your gf blond? If not your blond for dating her.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:33 PM

haha, well her hair color changes quite frequently so her hair is a number of various colors. . .but sometimes she just thinks before she says things, maybe sometimes to just say something dumb, idk, but I love her either way

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:35 PM

Such a romantic. Do you have a brother?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:37 PM

Romanticism, my favorite era. . .yes I do, but nothing like me. . .a complete gangsta wigga, lol
Posted By: Master_shakE

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:39 PM

Actually Carl, I *don't think before I speak.. which leads to my interesting responses to things. What can I say... at least it makes you laugh.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:41 PM

indeed, thats the fun of it
Posted By: X

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:53 PM

Actually, ordering any hamburger is a stupid thing to do.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:54 PM

haha, are you vegan?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:55 PM

Yes.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:57 PM

I think it's pretty stupid to call your girlfriend stupid.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 06:58 PM

I didn't call her stupid, I said she sometimes says things before she thinks them through. . .she's actually quite intelligent and a voracious reader, maybe you shouldn't transmogrify what I say
Posted By: Raiderette

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:00 PM

He didn't call his gf stupid. He said that some of the things she says are stupid. HUGE difference.
Posted By: Pirate

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:02 PM

Quote:

Ug have you seen what they're putting in beef these days? Not to mention any ethical reasons behind becoming a vegan. There's a book I was given called "Please Feed Me." I cannot remember the author at the moment, but it's an interesting mix of the punk lifestyle and eating habits, as most of them are vegans. At the very least you might get a new recipe out of it.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:03 PM

Quote:

I didn't call her stupid, I said she sometimes says things before she thinks them through. . .she's actually quite intelligent and a voracious reader, maybe you shouldn't transmogrify what I say

What did you name the thread? Why didn't you name the thread "things people say before they think them through"?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:04 PM

That's right, besides, smart people are often sort of stupid in some areas - they just don't give them any thought as they are thinking big thoughts, not dwelling on the little things - let the little people, like those posting here, worry and concern themselves with the little things.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:07 PM

She said something stupid, yes, but SHE is not stupid. I mean we all say stupid things sometime or another, no one denies that. I mean think of all the stupid crap people don't say. . .
X has a point, many times book smart individuals don't have much common sense.
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:10 PM

"If meat is bad for you, why is it food?" Butthead

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:10 PM

Go to her and say, honey, I started this thread called Stupid Things People Say and I then I told them all of the things you say that I think are stupid. See how that goes for you.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:11 PM

I told her right after she said it that I was going to come on here and make a post about it.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:12 PM

Quote:

I told her right after she said it that I was going to come on here and make a post about it.

Then your girlfriend is definitely a keeper because most women would keep your cajones in a jar for a month for making such a comment. Start saving for a big ring, my friend.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:13 PM

Yeah, that's why i'm working at a bank

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ug have you seen what they're putting in beef these days? Not to mention any ethical reasons behind becoming a vegan. There's a book I was given called "Please Feed Me." I cannot remember the author at the moment, but it's an interesting mix of the punk lifestyle and eating habits, as most of them are vegans. At the very least you might get a new recipe out of it.

It's by Niall McGuirk and available at Amazon

Right now 35% of people 65-74 are obese and 40% of baby boomers are also obese.

Most of the posters here are not within the boomer generation, but Ill bet are fat or obese. Its all about eating fast food.

At the University of Georgia they are working on increasing the marbling to make meat even fatter, starting with a focus on pigs with cows next. Theyre adding thiazolidinediones, a class of diabetes drugs, to livestock feed to accomplish the goal.

Well, at least they are not using horse urine, like in the Premarin (hormone) formula. I cant imagine consuming horse urine. Now that would be stupid!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:19 PM

haha, what else do you know about these 'thiazolidinediones' - are they causing a large secretion of insulin/glucose?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Then your girlfriend is definitely a keeper because most women would keep your cajones in a jar for a month for making such a comment. Start saving for a big ring, my friend.

If I had a man that told me he was gonna post it, I would be ok with it. I laugh at myself when I do things or say things that aren't so smart. I am smart, but I don't always think smart. Yes, you can quote me on that.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:24 PM

Exactly, just because you slip and say 'retarded' things doesn't necessarily mean that you are stupid. Now if it happens very consistently then you might have to be worried, but the occassional stupid comment is good for the soul, laugh a little!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:24 PM

mmm, tasty! Weren't pigs fatty way back in the day and then farmers bred the fat out of them as a 'healthy' alternative to beef? I think so. And now companies are injecting them with drugs to reverse the process. It really makes my stomach turn.
Oh X, you know the PR person for Premarin would say something like: "The urine used is sterilized and is, even in it's natural state, devoid of bacteria." It's quite sick, yet people continue to gobble this stuff down.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:27 PM

I have started eating ground buffalo instead of ground beef, at least when I buy it from the store. Buffalo is much better for you, and honestly, i can hardly taste the difference.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:28 PM

I thought buffalo were on the endangered species list??
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:28 PM

Why would they want to make the meat Fattier?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:29 PM

So they can charge you more per pound by giving you less actual meat content

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:29 PM

Quote:

haha, what else do you know about these 'thiazolidinediones' - are they causing a large secretion of insulin/glucose?

That's the point - what does happen - to the pig/cow and as that stuff is consumed by stupid humans?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:31 PM

jesus, its going to give us diabetes
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Quote:

Why would they want to make the meat Fattier?

To make it taste better, to keep if from drying out while cooking, better texture, etc.

It has something to do with making the meat more tender and flavorful, there's a term for it too but it escapes me.
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:37 PM

Quote:

Nope. There are buffalo farms in the state I live just for the purpose of consumption. We even have one eatery that offers it on their menu. I have been hesitant to try it but plan to some day soon. Suppose to have much less fat than beef.
Posted By: ~~~izzo~~~

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:39 PM

It's like comparing a delmonico to an eye of round. Good vs bad

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Nope. There are buffalo farms in the state I live just for the purpose of consumption. We even have one eatery that offers it on their menu. I have been hesitant to try it but plan to some day soon. Suppose to have much less fat than beef.

Oh yeah. Theres a buffalo farm right up the road from us. I've never tried it myself, and don't plan on it in the very near future. Not my thing.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:44 PM

Never know until you try.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:45 PM

Every time I hear about buffalo or eating buffalo, I always think of the stupid thing Jessica Simpson said 'I didn't know buffalos didn't have wings..'

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:46 PM

Actually, women are consuming less horse [censored], based on the 2002 report that associating a related drug to breast cancer, heart disease, and stroke.

You know, perhaps we should drink our own - you know what - Gandhi did!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:47 PM

I didn't want to try it either. Really, it tastes a lot like beef. I bet someone could cook it for you and you wouldn't know the difference. Start with putting it in your spaghetti.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:48 PM

We had a discussion ( a group of my friends and I) about all the crap they put in the meat, and all the processed stuff is really affected our society. I have seen so many 12 year old girls that I have mistaken for 16yrs+ they are hitting puberty at a much faster rate too! I stay away from fast food, actually just recently and have been eating yogurt a lot and drinking water and just changed when i eat and what i eat and what a difference. I have more energy, my skin is healthier, my nails and hair are stronger just little things that I have noticed, and I want to always do more instead laying around doing nothing

In Army Ranger training, it's part of the course.

haha, the meat is too tough; but shake, jessica simpson is a freaking idiot!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:49 PM

My bad, it's actually through the Marines Ranger training. I attribute that to the coffee again.

I know that. i was just saying..

Quote:

Actually, women are consuming less horse [censored], based on the 2002 report that associating a related drug to breast cancer, heart disease, and stroke.

You know, perhaps we should drink our own - you know what - Gandhi did!

YOU First!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:52 PM

Quote:

It has something to do with making the meat more tender and flavorful, there's a term for it too but it escapes me.

i thought it was called marblizing
Posted By: XODUS

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:57 PM

I like Buffalo, I don't like antelope. I raise rabbit to eat also it is supposed to be good for me.

I had a gf ask me one time if reptiles were animals, I was flabbergasted, me the snake breeder and my gf didn't know they were animals. She also thought the Indians won the French and Indian War.

Oh, I meant the cooking process. There's a scientific term, like ... Moistners Law or something (I know the name's not right) which talks about how the connective tissue in fat breaks down over time during the cooking process loosening the connective tssue and creating tender meat. A higher amount of marblization, leads to a higher rate of breakdown and easier to chew meat. Ok, I'm making myself sick.
Posted By: slick

Quote:

Quote:

marblizing?? how would you do that to meat??
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:58 PM

My wife once asked if you use a boat to go ice fishing.

The razzing for that lasted a long time. I asked her if she thought ice fishing meant fishing for ice.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:58 PM

haha, man, thats amusing, did you dump her shortly thereafter?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 07:59 PM

Quote:

Ok, I'm making myself sick.

And you're making me hungry!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:00 PM

Marblizing refers to the amount of fatty tissue within a cut of meat, not the fat on the outside of the cut. It USED to be a natural process. ::dry heaves::

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:00 PM

Quote:

The razzing for that lasted a long time. I asked her if she thought ice fishing meant fishing for ice.

Isnt ice fishing where you sit on a chair with a little whole in front of you and you fish... in like alaska?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:01 PM

whole? yeah a whole. . .or a 'hole' perhaps

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Isnt ice fishing where you sit on a chair with a little whole in front of you and you fish... in like alaska?

You're correct. Friends of mine do this. I prefer to go to the store for fish and stay warm.

All this talk of meat is making me hungry. McD's here I come!:)
Posted By: slick

you don't have to be in alaska to go ice fishing

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:03 PM

We ice fish here in NY as well. Right on Oneida Lake. Not a good year this year though.
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Quote:

My bad, it's actually through the Marines Ranger training. I attribute that to the coffee again.

I think you were right the first time. In the US, the Army has Rangers and the Marines have Force Recon. In Australia, the Marines have Rangers.

I know. I'd rather go to the local sushi place. Mmm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're correct. Friends of mine do this. I prefer to go to the store for fish and stay warm.

That's why you use an ice house. You can sit in your short and nothing else and ice fish if you have a decent ice house.

Yeah, but at McD's you don't get meat, you get some kind of artificially fabricatd crap, if you want a real burger go somewhere decent, where do you live D2X?

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:05 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but at McD's you don't get meat, you get some kind of artificially fabricatd crap, if you want a real burger go somewhere decent, where do you live D2X?

The cold North.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:07 PM

Come down to Texas for some real 100% grain-fed American beef!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:07 PM

Quote:

All this talk of meat is making me hungry. McD's here I come!:)

eeew mcd's is gross!!! I am having a beef (haha) and Provolone sandwich on a Hawaiian Bun and yogurt and grapes!!!mmmm(it sounds just like a little kids lunch!)

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:08 PM

provolone cheese is awesome

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:09 PM

yes it is gooood

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:10 PM

McDonalds is gross. Burger King is much better!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:15 PM

I should just go to the store and pick up some ground beef and cook it myself on the grill. I just need to shovel a path to the grill and remove the snow from it.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:17 PM

mm snow. I miss the snow. I lived in Rochester NY and i loved the snow..

Don't forget the salt potatoes.

oh i forgot it was still winter, we don't have snow and today has been pretty chilly but you don't need a coat

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:20 PM

We are in a winter storm watch until tomorrow. So, YES it is winter here.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:23 PM

We're under a lake effect snow watch here. Not much going on yet, though.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:24 PM

Man, I wish we were having a snow/blizzard watch here in Dallas, Texas

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:24 PM

Its like 60 degrees here

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:26 PM

Quote:

haha, man, thats amusing, did you dump her shortly thereafter?

Carl, he referred to her as his wife...

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:27 PM

Here in Dallas (according to CB's Weather link), it is 59 degrees, it feels like 59, 39% humidity, and winds from the SE at 12mph
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

marblizing?? how would you do that to meat??

Marbelized is a way to describe the meat, not something you do to the meat. Marbelized means that there is fat distributed within the meat, making it look like marble. A good distribution of fat makes for better cooking / richer flavor.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:31 PM

I like when we're under snow warnings. It makes things more exciting in an otherwise dull ordinary day.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:33 PM

I'll trade my hurricane warnings for your snow warnings...

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:34 PM

Quote:

No thank you. But, it was sweet of you to offer.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:34 PM

my grandma lives in cocoa beach fl. i love it there. Well almost.. i hate how it rains every day.. and how dang humid it is.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No thank you. But, it was sweet of you to offer.

Just let me know if you change your mind.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:35 PM

I'd like to think I could live through a snow storm. A hurricane on the other hand, that's just insane.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:37 PM

Yeah, as Katrina and Rita proved their might!

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:39 PM

Quote:

Man, I wish we were having a snow/blizzard watch here in Dallas, Texas

I wouldn't want to be caught away from home in a blizzard in Texas. No offense but I doubt 95% of the people could handle the driving.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:41 PM

It's fun shredding waves during a tropical storm though. Boo ya! LOL! Hurricanes though...yeah, you don't wanna f**k around with them.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:43 PM

I know, I take extra precaution when it rains and snows in Texas, most people get all haughty and think they can handle it and you see SOOOO MANY wreaks here, its sort of amusing though, lol

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:43 PM

Quote:

It's fun shredding waves during a tropical storm though. Boo ya! LOL! Hurricanes though...yeah, you don't wanna f**k around with them.

At least you have a warning days ahead of time. But you're right I wouldn't want to be in one of those either.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:47 PM

Yeah, If hurricanes came on like tornados or flash floods, this sandbar, aka Florida would have some great deals on property.

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:49 PM

Quote:

I know, I take extra precaution when it rains and snows in Texas, most people get all haughty and think they can handle it and you see SOOOO MANY wreaks here, its sort of amusing though, lol

yea wrecks are pretty bad, but when it iced me and my BF took his rear wheel car out, b/c on our side of town there was noone out on the roads and no sand trucks came the ice had to have been 2-3 inches thick or more we did 360's and just had so much fun slippin and slidin

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 08:50 PM

haha, yeah in Texas we get a lot of satisfaction out of nothing. . .petty weather fun
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 10:03 PM

For cheese lovers... I suggest Laughing Cow Cheese.... creamy swiss flavor... it's so yummy. I just discovered it since I've started eating healthier.
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 10:06 PM

Quote:

haha, yeah in Texas we get a lot of satisfaction out of nothing. . .petty weather fun

In Texas we go muddin... Nothing like getting stuck and slingin mud all over the guys in attempts to get free...

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 10:12 PM

I took an anthropolgy class in college and learned a few things about eating meat. It is what caused human brains to grow. People who do not eat meat are usually frail and have very weak immune systems. Humans started to evolve when we started following the herds (obviously for meat).

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 10:13 PM

Quote:

I took an anthropolgy class in college and learned a few things about eating meat. It is what caused human brains to grow. People who do not eat meat are usually frail and have very weak immune systems. Humans started to evolve when we started following the herds (obviously for meat).

that is so cool

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/09/06 10:34 PM

human brains to grow

Would that be: grow stupid?
Posted By: Spivol

Re: Stupid Things People Say - 02/10/06 12:56 AM

One time a friend and I were talking about his vehicle, a Saturn, being a piece of crap and falling apart. My sister-in-law then made the comment while looking at the sky..."yeah...it would be weird if Saturn fell apart...and all the rings just crashed into the earth." We looked at each other and just busted up laughing. She was dead serious and it was one of the funniest things ever.