Pet Peeves

Posted By: Clown Boy

Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:23 PM

It's about time for us to feed off of each other’s anger again against the stupid people in life. What are your pet peeves?

I realized one of my biggest pet peeves yesterday:
People who drive around a parking lot for 20 minutes trying to get a spot so they don't have to walk too far to the door, then spend 2 hours walking through the mall/store/etc...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:24 PM

people that are too busy talking on a cell phone to drive!
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:27 PM

people who send in the tube then beep in and try to talk to you, then get frustrated if you tell them that you can't hear them, or just wait until the tube stops running, there is a sign on the equipment that says that we can NOT hear you while the machine is running, and it's even funnier when they actually send in the deposit and they do it again
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:31 PM

Hmmmm...
my fiance's snoring...
people driving in the left lane when they should be in the right...
people who do not use directionals...
old people shopping on the weekend...
old people driving during rush hour...
making a doctor's appt. for 3 pm and not seeing her until 4:30 pm...
voicemails that just say to call back, and then they have a question I have to research... when I could have researched it and gotten back to them had they left the info on the voicemail...
my cat when he knocks over my glass of water at night...
my neighbor who leaves her kid's little pink crappy wagon next to our patio (looks trashy)...
loud motorcycles and cars (uh, why is that so necessary?)...
punky teens who think they can out drive a grownup in traffic...
driving behind dumptrucks who don't cover their debris...

I will keep thinking...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:33 PM

Quote:

oh but we can!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

oh but we can!!

I'm always the first one off the line at a light...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:38 PM

More...

people who are late...
people who do not say thanks when you hold a door for them...
chipped nail polish and unshined shoes...
fat women in stretchpants (think cottage cheese thighs...)...
snobs...
Posted By: Carly Girl

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:39 PM

people who dont use the blinkers on their cars

not me i've seen to many bad red light runners i was on my way to school one day and i was going through a green light taking my time pretty slow and whooom a huge like gravel/dumpster truck ran the red light had to have been goin 60 in a 40 i was two inches away, if i had punched it that day i probably wouldn't be alive, but on the highway in a fast car weaving in and out of traffic at 100-120 mph is fun!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

oh but we can!!

I'm always the first one off the line at a light...

You don't drive in Joisey, and, until you do that for about 10 years, I will always beat you in the traffic...
Posted By: MichelleDawn

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:40 PM

Quote:

Hmmmm...
my fiance's snoring...
people driving in the left lane when they should be in the right...
people who do not use directionals...
old people shopping on the weekend...
old people driving during rush hour...
making a doctor's appt. for 3 pm and not seeing her until 4:30 pm...
voicemails that just say to call back, and then they have a question I have to research... when I could have researched it and gotten back to them had they left the info on the voicemail...
my cat when he knocks over my glass of water at night...
my neighbor who leaves her kid's little pink crappy wagon next to our patio (looks trashy)...
loud motorcycles and cars (uh, why is that so necessary?)...
driving behind dumptrucks who don't cover their debris...

I will keep thinking...

All of the ones from DQ that are in bold and........

When my sister calls me and then isn't in the mood to talk

People who speak to me as if I were a slow child

People who refuse to drive at least the speed limit

Students who ask me the same question after each assignment

Senior Managers who give lip service to communication and compliance, but then launch a new product without even talking to me about it.

Sheets that get those little "nubby" things on them.

Polictical messages left on my answering machine.

I'm sure there are more.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:44 PM

People who leave the empty milk jug in the fridge...
People who talk before they think...
People who correct spelling in the W/C...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:44 PM

disrespectful people (regardless of age)
being late to anything
shoes left on the living room floor
empty candy wrappers put back in the candy dish
people who say they are going to do something and then dont

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:45 PM

When a person calls on the phone for someone that is already talking on the phone, and you tell them that they are on another call, and they (the caller) ask how long they will be! I want to say something smart like "I'm not sure, let me get my crystal ball....." That drives me nuts!

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:48 PM

or even better, people who call you then put you on hold. Drives me nuts

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:52 PM

Oh yeah, people who start word association threads!!
IMO they need to be struck by lightining!
Posted By: Roxy

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:53 PM

How my husbands dirty clothes always end up in a pile on the floor right next to the laundry basket.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:55 PM

Or when you invite someone over that has a child and they let them run all over your house and touch everything you own.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:55 PM

people who drive slowly. speed limits are there for a reason, if you choose not to follow the laws you are telling other drivers that they should wait for you because you are so much more important.
Posted By: blue

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 05:56 PM

warsh instead of wash
Des Moines and pronounce the final s
Illinois and pronounce the s
Being ignored by a store clerk who is busy talking to another store clerk
Losing my car keys (a daily if not hourly event)
Running downstairs and then forgetting why I needed to be there
People who can't speak their mind -- to your face but do an excellent job of it behind your back
The fact that all my clothes shrink from one season the next and now the same thing is starting to happen to my shoes

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:02 PM

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

I believe, but cannot perform?
Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:06 PM

People that don't give you a courtesy wave when you let them in front of you in traffic or when you stop & let them out of a parking lot.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:09 PM

people who pass gas in enclosed areas...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:12 PM

Quote:

People that don't give you a courtesy wave when you let them in front of you in traffic or when you stop & let them out of a parking lot.

oh yea thats a bigun for me!!
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:12 PM

People who just don't care to wash their hands after exiting the restrooms. Barf... gross...

Seen a few women here at my bank do this... makes me want to scream... Hand Sanitizer and give them a squirt from my bottle on my desk when they approach me...
Posted By: XODUS

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:13 PM

Quote:

Or when you invite someone over that has a child and they let them run all over your house and touch everything you own.

see if i ever bring Drake over.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:14 PM

People who refuse to turn off their engines when pumping gas... and ignore the sign that clearly states no cell phones while pumping... what are they thinking...

Quote:

Or you invite them over and they don't mention they are bringing the child and he/she magically appears at your door with jelly all over their hands.
Posted By: TB 12

Loan officers...talk about fuzzy math-told one of our LO's monday afternoon the turnaround for his loan would be AT LEAST 7 days-he says ok, i will get an extension to the sales agreement.

He just calls me to see if i can follow up on the loan, the extension runs out tomorrow...hmmmmm gets a 4 day extension for a 7 day (minimum) turnaround.....
Holy cow...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:23 PM

Commercial Loan Officers in general.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

see if i ever bring Drake over.

I don't think Drake is the one who would run all of my house and touch everything. j/k xodus.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:27 PM

I can't stand anyone who posts anonymously, including Ron, -z-, and myself!
Posted By: Raymond

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:31 PM

Quote:

How my husbands dirty clothes always end up in a pile on the floor right next to the laundry basket.

Honey?! Is that you?

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:33 PM

Quote:

and ignore the sign that clearly states no cell phones while pumping... what are they thinking...

This was tested on Mythbusters a while back and they busted the myth. Great show.
Posted By: Alien

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:35 PM

I abhor people who eat with there mouth open and make that sound as if a dog is drinking out of his cup!

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:36 PM

Fat people who ride the cripple carts around Wal-Mart when they could use the excerise.

People who pop their gum as they chew... drives me nuts.

Loan Processors with 1 minute of experience who think they know more than you.

People with bad breath... hey buddy. They invented this cool thing called a toothbrush. Better go get one before they're all gone.

People who have sweaty arm pits who always put their hands behind their head as they talk to you.
Posted By: PW 3:16

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:53 PM

waiting soooooo long for the next episode of Lost

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:54 PM

Quote:

Fat people who ride the cripple carts around Wal-Mart when they could use the excersise

Loan Processors with 1 minute of experience who think they know more than you.

People with bad breath... hey buddy. They invented this cool think called a toothbrush. Better go get one before they're all gone.

People who have sweaty arm pits who always put their hands behind their head as they talk to you.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! OMG!!! yes that is a BIg one of mine one night i saw a lady doing that and i told my BF watch her whole family will be like that, and guess what they all were, and here came the husband on one and guess what then the daughter who was also riding one so three "cripple carts" being used for fat people
Posted By: angels2mom

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 06:54 PM

People who ignore you or look at you like you're from another planet when you say "Good morning" or "Hi" to them in passing.

On the interstate...people who drive slow, then you go to pass them and they speed up so can't pass them...URGGHHHH
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:00 PM

Being excited that you kid is another year older b/c you get to pay less in daycare and finding out that you actually get to pay more b/c rate have increased....YEAH!!
Posted By: #12

Quote:

My husband does this and it drives me absolutely insane! How hard is it to throw your wrapper in the garbage!!!!

-The idiots that use 1/2 a sweet n low and put the open unused packet back...
-People that stroll into my office and park it while I am on the phone...no knock or waiting outside...please, come in...
-Wal Mart, and those who call it Wal Marts
-People in front of you in the grocery store that:
1) wait until the person in front is completely finished before they start unloading the cart;
2) write a check and decide they need to reconcile their checkbook standing right there...
3) deli customers that want to sample everything in the cooler, then order 1/32 lb of this, and 2.75 slices of that, razor thin, please...

-drivers on the highway that have their emergency flashers on while they are going 30 mph....
I guess I am a bit angry today

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:01 PM

when your driving in the left lane and the person in front wont get over so you can pass them. " I will just pass you and then you can have the left lane all to yourself!!"

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:02 PM

Spring time in Oklahoma and the meterologist who have weather woody.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:04 PM

Quote:

3) deli customers that want to sample everything in the cooler, then order 1/32 lb of this, and 2.75 slices of that, razor thin, please...

OMG, LOL, that happened to me last weekend. "Can I just see how thin that is? A little thinner please..."

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:08 PM

Quote:

-People that stroll into my office and park it while I am on the phone...no knock or waiting outside...please, come in...
1) wait until the person in front is completely finished before they start unloading the cart;
2) write a check and decide they need to reconcile their checkbook standing right there...

-drivers on the highway that have their emergency flashers on while they are going 30 mph....

OMG that grocery store thing is so funny.

Two more related to grocery shopping ...
1. People who try to crawl up your backside in the check out lane - I put my cart behind me to torture them and protect my colon.
2. People who park their cart on one side of the aisle and then stand on the other side staring at soup and block the whole space so you can't get through.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

OMG, LOL, that happened to me last weekend. "Can I just see how thin that is? A little thinner please..."

LOL-are they trying to break it down to the molecular level?

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My husband does this and it drives me absolutely insane! How hard is it to throw your wrapper in the garbage!!!!

My dad will do this..except he throws the wrappers back into the bag of candy...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL-are they trying to break it down to the molecular level?

...sometimes we slice them so thin, you can't even see them.
- how do you know you are actually even slicing anything?
i don't know. i just assumed!

kramer
Posted By: Not Ready to Run

people that do not put things back where they belong

my husband leaving half-empty (or half-full) pop cans all over the place

phony people

disrespectful people - rudeness - ignorance

I'm sure there are many others but those are the BIG ones for me.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:24 PM

Quote:

luckily i don't have that problem. i don't even know what those are!

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:26 PM

People who walk the mall in a human chain that is 120 feet wide.

People in the human chain that get mad when you bust the line like a game of Red-Rover.

Thongs for men... what the heck is that all about?

People who sneeze or cough and don't cover their mouth.

People have yet to master the skill of replacing the toilet paper roll.

Clasps on women's bras that are made by Masterlock.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

a/k/a - soda cans, coke cans

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

a/k/a - soda cans, coke cans

what if i drink pepsi or sprite?

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:30 PM

Here in Iowa - it is all generally called pop - if you want a specific variety - you call it what it is! Pepsi, Sprite, whatever. I am a Diet Dew drinker.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:32 PM

Quote:

Here in Iowa - it is all generally called pop - if you want a specific variety - you call it what it is! Pepsi, Sprite, whatever. I am a Diet Dew drinker.

i was just teasing.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i was just teasing.

I know - I was just "egging" you on to see how long we could talk about nothing. It is so hard to interject tone into responses.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i was just teasing.

I know - I was just "egging" you on to see how long we could talk about nothing. It is so hard to interject tone into responses.

i like lamp.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 07:49 PM

Quote:

It's all about having FUN!

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's all about having FUN!

Does anyone watch Hogan Knows Best? I happened to be watching the other night and they showed Hulk Hogan in the lockerroom after a wrestling match. He was getting ready to go in the shower and he was wearing a thong. They showed his backside walking away. He needs to work on those butt muscles a little bit more, they are not as young as they used to be.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. You all mentioned thongs and that is what I thought of.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:05 PM

People who leave mental images of old man butt in my mind.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:09 PM

OK, OK, smarty pants!
Posted By: Fork Ate Spoon

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:10 PM

Hogans daughter. . Wow, in a few years she'll be a knockout.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:12 PM

Quote:

I was thinking in a few years she is going to be a blimp

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Lets hope not! Her mom is pretty thin though.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:26 PM

I wouldn't describe her mother as thin .... not fat either. She would be full figured, I guess.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

she's like a can of pillsbury Grands just waiting to burst at the seams.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:32 PM

the mom is not thin either, she's built like a linebacker. That girl is going t obe 250 easy.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:44 PM

muffin top in the front, butt crack in the back. I have a girl in one of my classes like this.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:46 PM

Quote:

the mom is not thin either, she's built like a linebacker. That girl is going t obe 250 easy.

I don't think she'll get big. If she does start getting big though I can see her doing a little lipo. . Don't really care either way, because I'll never cheat on Jessica Alba
Posted By: UpNorth88

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:46 PM

When my husband comes in the house and takes off his wet muddy boots and then puts them on the tile not the rug OR when I clean the bathroom sink and he shaves. Whiskers everywhere.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

OMG that grocery store thing is so funny.

Two more related to grocery shopping ...
1. People who try to crawl up your backside in the check out lane - I put my cart behind me to torture them and protect my colon.
2. People who park their cart on one side of the aisle and then stand on the other side staring at soup and block the whole space so you can't get through.

Along with grocery stores....

People with 30 plus items in their cart and they use the 20 item express lane.

When the customer in front of you decides they have nothing better to do except argue with the cashier.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:57 PM

When the customer in front of you decides they have nothing better to do except argue with the cashier.

About a $.10 coupon that expired
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 08:57 PM

People who get off an escalator or out of a revolving door and just stop.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:05 PM

Quote:

People with 30 plus items in their cart and they use the 20 item express lane.

That happened to my sister-in-law recently when we were at Wal-marts, oops, I mean Wal-mart, sorry. I think the checker should tell these people they can't help them if they have more than the number of items stated. It is because no one says anything that they keep doing it.
Posted By: MStateFan

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:16 PM

I was home on a weekday a couple of weeks ago and happened to have the TV on Dr. Phil's talk show. One of his guests was a woman who is waging a campaign against her personal pet peeve - people who don't use the little plastic dividers on the checkout conveyor belts at grocery stores, Wal-Mart, etc. She goes to the extreme of putting some of her items in with the items of the people in front of her so that they will get home and realize they have things they don't want and have to go back to the store to return them.

Anyway, she was going on and on about how you are supposed to put the divider BEHIND your items - is that true? I've always put it in front of my items.

I thought that was a funny pet peeve, but it apparently irks her to the point of waging a nationwide campaign against it.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:16 PM

Quote:

i was behind a lady the other day who had $300 worth of stuff on a $150 gift card. it was torture waiting while she put one item back at a time to get low enough.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:24 PM

How about when I am shopping for a months worth of groceries and someone comes up behind me with one thing and gives me puppy dog eyes...take your @ss to the self check out fool.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:26 PM

those were my puppy dog eyes.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:32 PM

Quote:

How about when I am shopping for a months worth of groceries and someone comes up behind me with one thing and gives me puppy dog eyes...take your @ss to the self check out fool.

What if he gave you a string of soft kisses starting right behind your ear and working their way slowly down your neck... then gave you those puppy dog eyes...??

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:37 PM

I thought I told you to quit molesting the customer ComplyGuy! Geeez!

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:42 PM

Quote:

I thought I told you to quit molesting the customer ComplyGuy! Geeez!

Just serving the customer's needs...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i was behind a lady the other day who had $300 worth of stuff on a $150 gift card. it was torture waiting while she put one item back at a time to get low enough.

Now that just makes me crazy... duh... round off and add as your putting the items into the buggy before even getting to the check-out stand people... oh sorry... I'm cool...I'm cool...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 09:52 PM

Quote:

ROFL...
Posted By: Bimmer

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 10:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now that just makes me crazy... duh... round off and add as your putting the items into the buggy before even getting to the check-out stand people... oh sorry... I'm cool...I'm cool...

Ummmmm........ What's a buggy????

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 10:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ummmmm........ What's a buggy????

LOL... sorry Southern coming out in me...

buggy aka shopping cart...

When I typed it... I thought I'd better change it... as it would cause some confusion... but just decided to leave it... next time.. I'll use the proper word and not the Southern term.
Posted By: slubgob

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 10:25 PM

I call them buggys too Search. As for pet peeves we could start the pop/soda/coke debate.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/27/06 10:42 PM

Quote:

I call them buggys too Search. As for pet peeves we could start the pop/soda/coke debate.

whew... glad someone calls them this...
Posted By: slick

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 01:19 PM

what irritates me most is my boss continuing to schedule me with Slub all the time...geesh!

my biggest problem is with grocery shopping in general. the whole process is very overwhelming. i can't handle the cowded isles first of all. it is too much. i have walked out of a grocery store twice this year cause there was just too many people for me to deal with. next time i think i need to take a support group with me.
then this is what bugs me the most: the over handling of what you buy. take it from the shelf to the cart, then from the cart to the check out, then they bag it, put it back in the cart, from the cart to the car, from the car to the kitchen, from the bag then to fridge and the cabinets. then you take it later just to eat it. to me, this is just too much to have to deal with all the time. i guess this is why i have only been to the grocery 3 times this year.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 01:30 PM

Yeah right Slick, you have never had it so good. I was the twitching nervouse mess the other day after opening with you!

I don't mind grocery shopping but my pet peeve is taking the groceries in the house and putting them away. I tend to just leave them on the table till I get sick of looking at them.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:08 PM

I hope you put your perishables away or otherwise you hour would begin to stink. Ewwww But I can totally understand leaving the cans, however, I do not do this. Everything has a place to go and it has to be put away or it drives me nuts.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

whew... glad someone calls them this...

you can add me to that list too, it's a buggy

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:22 PM

weird-o

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:28 PM

Quote:

weird-o

thanx, i know!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:29 PM

mature people acting like idiots.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

weird-o

thanx, i know!!!

She probably knows who this is. . . and im not immature. k thanks.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:32 PM

oops jk i miss read. sorry about that.
Posted By: slick

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:33 PM

i call 'em buggies too. well sometimes.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 02:34 PM

My problem with grocery shopping is how am I going to know what I am hungry for later in the week?
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:06 PM

IT'S A CART!

Maybe that's an upper midwest thing.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:07 PM

sack or baggie?

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:08 PM

sack or bag well in my vocab any way
Posted By: D2Xs

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:09 PM

Bag. I usually get plastic but I recycle it for dirty diapers. Paper just doesn't work the same.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:12 PM

I consider baggies to be the ziploc sandwich bags.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:12 PM

ditto that girl

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:18 PM

Quote:

Bag. I usually get plastic but I recycle it for dirty diapers. Paper just doesn't work the same.

I use plastic also... they come in handy for so many things... and paper just invites roaches IMO...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:21 PM

I save the plastic "baggies" for when I have a garage sale. THey come in real handy when people buy lots of little stuff.
Posted By: gillysgrl

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 03:51 PM

[quote}my cat when he knocks over my glass of water at night...
Quote:

I thought my cat was the only one that did this
Posted By: Sunshine_101

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 07:04 PM

Quote:

I abhor people who eat with there mouth open and make that sound as if a dog is drinking out of his cup!

That would be the only one that I have. I hate this more than anything.
Posted By: strongbad

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 07:06 PM

I get annoyed when people feel there cellphone conversation is more important than the one they are having in person. I have friends who will answer their cell phone in the middle of us having lunch out... or when a customer walks up to your desk or counter expecting your full attention whilst he or shes on the phone with someone else...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 07:07 PM

I agree with strongbad on that one. And people who take calls while you are sitting and having a meeting with them...

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 07:09 PM

I'm sure some of my compliance peers can relate to this one.

I hate when you have people who think the rules don't apply to them. "You mean I have to send disclosures on the accounts I open?"
Posted By: strongbad

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 07:11 PM

SP you reminded me of another pet peeve. When you don't help a customer because they are wanting to do something that is against your regulations (like cashing a check not written to them or withdrawing funds they dont have) and then having an officer call you and say "they are a good friend of mine, go ahead and take care of them" like i give a monkeys butt whose friend they are.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 07:13 PM

Quote:

SP you reminded me of another pet peeve. When you don't help a customer because they are wanting to do something that is against your regulations (like cashing a check not written to them or withdrawing funds they dont have) and then having an officer call you and say "they are a good friend of mine, go ahead and take care of them" like i give a monkeys butt whose friend they are.

I hate when that happens.

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 08:08 PM

Taping a yellow sticky note. Hello people-"sticky" note...
it sticks without tape...
Posted By: 8675309

Re: Pet Peeves - 04/28/06 09:52 PM

When people put on their resume that they are "proficient" in a gillion computer programs but when they get hired you have to show them how to do every little thing.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/15/06 06:29 PM

people who butt into your conversation regarding compliance issues and the person butting in does not know anything about compliance, especially if they are the switchboard operator bug off!
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/15/06 06:42 PM

I gotta agree with strongbad and DQ on the cell phone thing. If your phone rings during a meeting (always some loud, annoying ringtone), it is forgivable once. Take your call outside and then come back. If you do not want to take the call, turn your phone or ringer off so it doesn't interrupt again when the person calls back 30 seconds later!
Posted By: Maxx

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/15/06 07:03 PM

Loan officers that have no since of compliance!!!!
Oh and the cell phone thing....in any situation, it is bad to be interrupted by a ring or a complete conversation.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/15/06 07:13 PM

Our loan officers are good; however, our Operations Officer thinks he can make exceptions whenever he wants to.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/15/06 07:22 PM

Must be nice to have loan officers that are good. We have one that doesn't understand the difference between RESPA and TIL. Makes me crazy!!! I don't have to deal with operations very often.
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 11:41 AM

I am sitting here listening to the person who is borrowing the next cube over slurp their coffee. YUCK!!! What a lovely way to start the day!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 01:24 PM

Quote:

I am sitting here listening to the person who is borrowing the next cube over slurp their coffee. YUCK!!! What a lovely way to start the day!

That is bad. We have a girl that does that here too. She eats really runny oatmeal in the morning and that's all you here. SLLLLLLLURRRRRPPPPP. YUCK!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 01:45 PM

When our IT manager says to me in a meeting "I don't agree with you. I don't think the regulations say that." Here's a guy who hasn't actually READ anything other than the sports page in his adult life. Most of his IT 'knowledge' comes from whatever outside salespeople tell him. GGGRRRRRR!!!
Posted By: Ops

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 01:56 PM

My father in law is a slurper. It's horrible. But he has no teeth. And he's old. I guess he's allowed.

I'd be happy if women/girls wear clothes that FIT them.

Also, I can't stand when non-locals around here criticize EVERYTHING about this place. Why would ya move here if ya had so many issues?!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 02:49 PM

Pet Peeve? In Laws...enough said.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 03:00 PM

Why isn't there a comma on the right side of a keyboard where the numbers are?
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 03:05 PM

How every one of the major news networks (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) have a 'BREAKING NEWS' alert ALL THE DAMN TIME for every story!

(ugh...it's gotten to where I don't even pay attention anymore because it's so overused)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 03:06 PM

Quote:

How every one of the major news networks (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) have a 'BREAKING NEWS' alert ALL THE DAMN TIME for every story!

(ugh...it's gotten to where I don't even pay attention anymore because it's so overused)

too funny! (but sad, too!) it's like all of the "severe" terror alerts during the election

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 03:17 PM

Pet Peeve.....When I'm goofing off in the cooler and my boss walks in my office.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 03:20 PM

Quote:

Pet Peeve.....When I'm goofing off in the cooler and my boss walks in my office.

That's the advantage in having a boss that's a few hundred miles away

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 03:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He's on vacation today, has been for a couple weeks. Comes in today and sneaks up behind me. He scared the crap out of me and thought it was funny. The guy is a maniac.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 03:24 PM

I used to have a pet peeve but I had to get rid of it -- it kept peeing on the carpet.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:09 PM

anon's

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's on vacation today, has been for a couple weeks. Comes in today and sneaks up behind me. He scared the crap out of me and thought it was funny. The guy is a maniac.

You need to have your back to the wall and face the door -- don't you watch the Sopranos?

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You need to have your back to the wall and face the door -- don't you watch the Sopranos?

I tried... The branch manager decided to switch my desk around (this was when we moved into the branch) and now the only way it works is to sit with my back to the door.
Now there's a pet peeve....people that just want what makes them happy without any thought to anyone else.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:33 PM

but its "your" desk. You should be able to have it facing the way you want it too. Be the rebel and change it!
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:35 PM

Wouldn't having your back to the door be a security issue?? People could come in and see customer information without your knowledge...someone could come hold a gun to your head and you would not have seen them....I would point this out!!

Quote:

but its "your" desk. You should be able to have it facing the way you want it too. Be the rebel and change it!

That Girl... you know this is how it is.. I mean.. look at us... if we could.. we'd be facing everyone.. not sitting there with our backs to those that approach us...

Quote:

I would if I could TG, like I said it's the only way it works in here. It's an L desk and the one they gave only works this way especially when the customers come in.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:36 PM

After your boss leaves tonight, move it

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:43 PM

Better yet, switch desks with him and see if he's smart enough to notice.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:44 PM

Quote:

After your boss leaves tonight, move it

Better yet, move your boss' desk so their back is to the door...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That Girl... you know this is how it is.. I mean.. look at us... if we could.. we'd be facing everyone.. not sitting there with our backs to those that approach us...

YOU need to turn around!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:48 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't having your back to the door be a security issue?? People could come in and see customer information without your knowledge...someone could come hold a gun to your head and you would not have seen them....I would point this out!!

I have. These people just don't get it. I'm so far back in the corner, of course I do have a nice window view, that even if I faced forward I couldn't see much. This place is nuts......

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:50 PM

Oops. That was me.^

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 05:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

YOU need to turn around!

I've tried everything possible... at least I did manage to get turned sideways... but still that doesn't work... people come in and out of my cubicle half the time and I never notice them until I catch a glimpse of them and then it's too late... I've already jumped 6 feet... LOL...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 06:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have. These people just don't get it. I'm so far back in the corner, of course I do have a nice window view, that even if I faced forward I couldn't see much. This place is nuts......

Well.. I have a huge window view...wait.. let me say.. I HAD...that is until we got these dang cubicles and they covered up the windows... what were they thinking...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 06:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well.. I have a huge window view...wait.. let me say.. I HAD...that is until we got these dang cubicles and they covered up the windows... what were they thinking...

Search....I think you've got it way worse than me. I have a pretty big office...no cubicles here. I'm going to quit belly aching now. But I'll have to agree with the jumping 6 feet in the air. I do it all the time. One of these days my heart is going to give out.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 06:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Search....I think you've got it way worse than me. I have a pretty big office...no cubicles here. I'm going to quit belly aching now. But I'll have to agree with the jumping 6 feet in the air. I do it all the time. One of these days my heart is going to give out.

I'm there with ya on the heart giving out...

Some days I think... could I beat this dang cubicle to pieces and get away with it...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 06:11 PM

**LOL** Now that would be a sight.
Posted By: BotV#6

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 06:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some days I think... could I beat this dang cubicle to pieces and get away with it...

Not to be a compliance geek, but you may have a privacy issue assuming the public has access to your office and you deal with customer information. When your bank does your annual risk assessment, ask. My bank has changed desk positions to avoid the public from seeing the computer screen as there are GLBA 501(b) issues otherwise.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 06:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not to be a compliance geek, but you may have a privacy issue assuming the public has access to your office and you deal with customer information. When your bank does your annual risk assessment, ask. My bank has changed desk positions to avoid the public from seeing the computer screen as there are GLBA 501(b) issues otherwise.

Well.. we don't have customer's up in this department anymore... but we do get a drifter every now and then.. and then there's the cleaning crew...that said...guess I'll sit here and dream of ripping this cubicle apart and hope that I keep my sanity. ROFL...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 06:56 PM

I have customers. Deal with them alot. I think the BM thinks the customer can't see my screen (not true) that or she thinks there are no nosey people out there that would look.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 07:13 PM

Quote:

I have customers. Deal with them alot. I think the BM thinks the customer can't see my screen (not true) that or she thinks there are no nosey people out there that would look.

So you won't be able to use those naked pictures of me for wallpaper?

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 07:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'll save em' for the days I think everyone needs a chuckle.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 07:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, is that the one where I'm using my ____ as a towel rack?

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 07:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, is that the one where I'm using my ____ as a towel rack?

OMG!!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 07:49 PM

Okay, where are the anon's who trashed me and POB the other day for talking bad about spaghetti sauce? At least it was clean conversation.

TICG, Im coming over there and putting tape on your mouth, or would that be fingers.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 07:53 PM

TG - maybe we just need to start a Flirt Thread. You and POB, Search and Brent, MB and MB, so forth and so on....everyone could flirt and be playful to their hearts content and the ones that don't like don't have to read it.....

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 07:59 PM

Quote:

Okay, where are the anon's who trashed me and POB the other day for talking bad about spaghetti sauce? At least it was clean conversation.

TICG, Im coming over there and putting tape on your mouth, or would that be fingers.

Hey if anyone is going to bind me, I want it to be PSB.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 08:01 PM

I think we all know that! LOL

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/16/06 08:05 PM

OK, OK!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 07:13 PM

Here's a pet peeve: My office is the closet office to the copy machine. Why does everyone assume that makes me the most knowledgable person in the building about it? I don't think my title is copy machine repair man!!!!
Posted By: jsides

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 07:22 PM

One of my pet peeves...when people point to their arm where a watch should be and ask me for the time?!?!?!?!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 07:22 PM

Quote:

Here's a pet peeve: My office is the closet office to the copy machine. Why does everyone assume that makes me the most knowledgable person in the building about it?

It doesn't?

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 07:24 PM

No, Traveler, it doesn't

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 07:29 PM

Quote:

Here's a pet peeve: My office is the closet office to the copy machine. Why does everyone assume that makes me the most knowledgable person in the building about it? I don't think my title is copy machine repair man!!!!

The PSB lady -- makin' copies!
Posted By: Beige

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 07:30 PM

peebarooni...the peebster...the peebmeister :-)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 08:30 PM

Quote:

peebarooni...the peebster...the peebmeister :-)

ROFL!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 09:24 PM

Co-workers who constantly talk just to hear themselves talk. When they sing to music on the radio, and claim every song is their favorite. I can't think, they are still talking! (and no one is listening)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/18/06 11:39 PM

Quote:

One of my pet peeves...when people point to their arm where a watch should be and ask me for the time?!?!?!?!

You should go with the old "It's time for you to buy a watch."
Posted By: Bimmer

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/19/06 01:04 AM

Quote:

What about when they point to their crotch to ask where the bathroom is???
Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 03:25 PM

I have a new one.
When you never go to the doctor (other than your annual physical) and the one time you need to, you can't get in for over a week.

Stupid kids and their stupid back to school physicals!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 03:26 PM

Lovin' your new avatar...MadCali....MUCH BETTER!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 07:08 PM

I can't stand girls with a mustach. SHAVE or WAX it!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 07:10 PM

Girls who wear low rise jeans and a small shirt to show off their fat giggle. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 07:21 PM

Quote:

Maybe she's not really a girl...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 07:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Peach fuzz...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 07:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Peach fuzz...

So he's too young to shave...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 07:37 PM

Quote:

Girls who wear low rise jeans and a small shirt to show off their fat giggle. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT!

I hate sexy girls that don't wear low rise jeans and small shirt that shows off pretty much everything...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 07:56 PM

Women that don't want to get their freak on on the first date.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 08:02 PM

Men who think women need to get their freak on on the first date.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/22/06 08:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Peach fuzz...

So he's too young to shave...

Better there then somewhere else

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 04:42 AM

Women who have lost their freak.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 11:33 AM

Men who are just plain old freaks.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 01:50 PM

People that use the word freak.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 01:55 PM

Quote:

People that use the word freak.

So does that make me your pet peeve?

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 02:03 PM

It looks that way...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 02:04 PM

No, dear, it was a joke. You are my pet, not my pet peeve.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 02:16 PM

Quote:

No, dear, it was a joke. You are my pet, not my pet peeve.

:rubs his head up against PSB and purrs:

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 02:25 PM

Now, TICG. Purring would be something a cat does and we all know what the other name for a cat is. I don't want my man to be one of those.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 02:32 PM

Quote:

Now, TICG. Purring would be something a cat does and we all know what the other name for a cat is. I don't want my man to be one of those.

Well I'm not one of those, but I don't think "dog" would be what you'd want either (except maybe for the wet kisses ). How 'bout we leave it at "your man"

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 02:36 PM

I enjoy a good kiss but not the wet sloppy ones so, you're right a dog wouldn't work either. you're my man, we'll leave it at that. Maybe we should take this over to the new flirt club thread?
Posted By: Qkr1

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 02:38 PM

thats why its there....

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/23/06 02:39 PM

I know, I know. I'm heading that way.
Posted By: Dollye7

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/26/06 04:30 AM

1. People that leave a message on your recorder, then rattle off their name and phone number so fast it cannot be understood. This is usually after a lengthy message, so you have to sit through the whole thing again. THen there are the one's that don't leave their name and number at all.

2. People talking on cell phone's (probably leaving me message's), while trying to drive.

3. People that sit and sit and sit in busy restaurants after eating.

4. People trying to guess your age. It is a no win game; too young and you have no experience, too old and you have too much.

5. Anyone thinner than me.

6. Oversized vehicles that take up more than one parking place.

7. People that are first in line for a pat on the back ( a rare and wonderful thing), for something that went well. Strange that they are not around if it doesn't...
Posted By: EmiJo

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/28/06 11:27 AM

Bad kissers
Posted By: poppy

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/28/06 02:31 PM

1. People talking on cell phones while driving.
2. Large vehicles parking in spaces labeled "compact car only."
3. Large vehicles parking in the end spaces in parking garages.
4. People not using turn signals. I didn't think turn signals were optional equipment.
5. Women not saying "thank you" to a gentleman who opens a door for her. I'm all for women's rights, but saying thank you is just being courteous.
6. Bad tippers.
7. When you go to a restaurant and the server says "Hi you guys, my name is..." I'm not a guy and couldn't pass for one if I tried.
Posted By: Sing A Little

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/28/06 10:08 PM

1. People who cut you off in traffic and then wave at you.
2. People who buy cars bigger than their houses and don't know how to drive them.
3. People who talk on their cell phones, eat, apply make-up and try to write (I've seen it!) while driving.
4. People who don't say please and thank you, who raised you?
5. People who don't call when they are late or going to run late...again who raised you?
6. Servers in restaurants who don't actually serve you, who the heck are these people?
7. People who have to hug or touch everyone, personal space people.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/29/06 09:37 PM

I need to add to my pet peeve list....

People who call you do to their job for them. AAAHHH!!!

Ok, I feel better.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 04:17 PM

Sing-excellent list. I have to agree with all of them.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 05:20 PM

Quote:

Sing-excellent list. I have to agree with all of them.

BankerJen -- watcha doin kissin that frog, am I not already your prince?

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 05:30 PM

TICG, that's our "before" photo.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 06:09 PM

I can see how you went from a pricess to a queen, but what happened to TICG? He still looks a little green to me.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 06:15 PM

Maybe he ate a bad fly.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 06:22 PM

BPSB...Outlaw...BankerJen.....is that you???

(multiple personalities confuse me)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 06:36 PM

Yes, it's me. I was just trying out new identies because too many of my fellow workers are getting on this site and I didn't want them to follow my post too easily. The PSB part sticks out like a sore thumb. BankerJen is more anonymous.
Sorry for the confusion!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 06:35 PM

I like the Outlaw Banker one. Tells me you're a rebel.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 06:36 PM

Whew! Ok...thanks for clearing that up.

(my multiple personalities were asking about yours)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 06:43 PM

I do have a rebelious (sp?) side, TG. No doubt about it.
I like the OutlawBanker one too but couldn't find a fitting avatar!
I love it when someone else's mulitple personalites wonder about mine, Ms. B. Means we are ALL staying on our toes.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 08:48 PM

Quote:

BPSB...Outlaw...BankerJen.....is that you???

(multiple personalities confuse me)

Actually she's changing names to try to throw me off her trail.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 08:53 PM

It's not working!!! UGH!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 08:58 PM

Quote:

It's not working!!! UGH!!!

It was that kiss turning me into your Prince Charming -- now you're stuck with me.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:01 PM

It wasn't really a kiss. I saw some chocolate on your face and I was just licking it off because my hands were full with you, as a frog, and I couldn't get to a napkin.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:03 PM

I love it when you lick me baby

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:06 PM

Well, you know what you have to do to make it happen now!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:09 PM

What if I told you I had chocolate all over my body?

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:19 PM

That might be a bit much since I just rejoined weight watchers. I have to keep an eye on my points.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:23 PM

Quote:

That might be a bit much since I just rejoined weight watchers. I have to keep an eye on my points.

Exercise gets you some points back -- I could help you with that.

How, by making me out run you? **LOL**

Psssst...BJ (lol! )...couldn't you just "shoot your whole wad" of points in one meal??? (so to speak)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:25 PM

I think he'd be the one shooting.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:28 PM

Quote:

How, by making me out run you? **LOL**

It would be more fun to let me catch you.

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:29 PM

Quote:

I think he'd be the one shooting.

Too funny....and we're sooooooo bad! (can't stop laff'n!)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:30 PM

TICG - If I let you catch me, how would I work off any points?
Ms. B- You're hilarious, too bad there aren't more of us perverts out there!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/30/06 09:39 PM

BJ and MS. B... OMG... I can't stop laughin.. nearly fell outta the chair when I opened up and started reading... crazy... thanks for the laughs...

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 12:57 PM

(best part is I get to call BankerJen..."BJ")

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:09 PM

Ms. B - that's not even funny!!

Well...ok it's a little funny. Actually, it's really funny.
I never thought about my new initials!! UGH!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:11 PM

Oh you love it and you know it!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:16 PM

Quote:

Ms. B - that's not even funny!!

Well...ok it's a little funny. Actually, it's really funny.
I never thought about my new initials!! UGH!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:19 PM

I do love it Ms. B.
If you dish it out you have to able to take it. (lol)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:23 PM

Quote:

I do love it Ms. B.
If you dish it out you have to able to take it. (lol)

Watcha dishin out BJ? Anything I might like?

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:24 PM

...and you "take it" so well! (a joke...I mean)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:31 PM

TICG - I didn't think there was anything you didn't like!
Ms B - I think between you and TICG my perverted side is getting a run for the money.
I do "take it" well. (oh, you meant jokes ...ok, I take those well too)

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:35 PM

Quote:

TICG - I didn't think there was anything you didn't like!

There's nothing about you I don't like

Quote:

I do "take it" well.

Mmmmmm

Re: Pet Peeves - 08/31/06 01:43 PM

"There's nothing about you I don't like"

Awwww......that's sweet!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 03:16 PM

people who do not know how to yield the right of way at a four way stop should not be driving or own a car.

How hard is it to determine who stopped first at the four way stop and who should go next? Geez!!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 03:21 PM

TG: I completely agree. What's worse is when you have somebody kind of act like they are going to go and then don't and then act like it again so you just wave them on and they give you the bird.
Or how about when your in the left lane which goes straight and the person next to you is in the right line which is a turn lane only and they cut you off and give you the bird.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 03:45 PM

Quote:

people who do not know how to yield the right of way at a four way stop should not be driving or own a car.

How hard is it to determine who stopped first at the four way stop and who should go next? Geez!!!!

We're supposed to "stop" at stop signs!? Those things just slow me down! LOL!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 03:48 PM

MS B!!!!!

**ROFL**
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 04:09 PM

BJ, you've never heard the term "rolling stop"? It is when you slow down at the stop sign and look both ways. If you see a car, you stop. If it is all clear, you continue on your merry way.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 04:11 PM

Nanwa....I've heard of a rolling stop. I've even got a warning from the city cop for doing it. I just thought the way MS. B said they get in her way was funny!!
**LOL**

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 04:12 PM

Quote:

BJ, you've never heard the term "rolling stop"? It is when you slow down at the stop sign and look both ways. If you see a car, you stop. If it is all clear, you continue on your merry way.

Nanwa...I love the "rolling stop" approach...but apparently the cops here in TX don't agree with me. My ticket-before-last (lol) was for a "rolling stop". What's up with that!?
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 06:05 PM

People who say "that's fine" or "I'm not upset" when it's EXTREMELY clear that it's NOT fine and they ARE upset. Ugh.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 06:26 PM

but Im NOT upset, really!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 06:51 PM

I just spent the weekend with my family, so I am full of pet peeves today. The biggest one from the weekend...spit it out! I can't stand it when someone wants to ask you something, or they are upset or want to plan something and they go through every relative you have instead of asking you directly. Does this happen to anyone else? It drives me crazy!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 07:12 PM

I avoid my family, it helps me evade all of those issues...

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 07:25 PM

Sing A Little - maybe they are just afraid of you.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 07:27 PM

ditto, I just avoid my family too. But if I want to know something, at least I have the gumption to just ask it straightforwardly.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 07:28 PM

My family avoids me!! Seriously!
Posted By: Copper Top

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 07:29 PM

Ok I have one... It may seem silly to everyone else, but when I ask for a LIME with my drink, I hate getting a little slice. What am I supposed to do with that? It just makes a mess. Give me a wedge please! And then, why do restaurants bring you ice tea with a lemon, and then everytime you get a refill - no new lemon? grrrr Those are a couple of my little pet peeves...

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 07:37 PM

Those are not little at all. I hate the little slices too!!
Pet Peeve: Your boss keeps telling you you are going to get promoted. Tells you this like once a month over a 3 month period. It never happens. Now they illude to a big change which may give you the promotion but they won't tell you what it is because it may or may not happen. I would prefer for them not to tell me anything until it's for sure. Otherwise leave me be in my peaceful ignorant bliss!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:12 PM

My pet peeve...my aunt. Little miss I havn't been around the family in 20yrs +, but nowwwww I am going to show up and try to take over the show and make everyone feel bad and leave people out on purpose and screen phone calls and not tell my grandfather I have called and and and...

sorry I got carried away.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:23 PM

Quote:

My family avoids me!! Seriously!

What's your trick? I want to get my family to start avoiding me too.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:25 PM

I have no idea, TICG!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:27 PM

Its easy when they all live out of town. Just simply dont call them or go visit them or show up at any family reunion. They soon forget you exist which is fine by me.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:33 PM

My pet peeve is that I have to quite smoking at the end of the month... See when we were in the hospital having the baby I promised my wife that I would quite smoking at the end of September... I figured she was all drugged up and in so much pain that she would never remember, but she reminded me today that I've only got five days left of enjoying my beloved Camel Wides... Geez, I don't get it, I can tell her something while she's dead sober and she won't remember five minutes later, but I make her a stupid promise while she's having a baby and got tubes going in and out of her body and she's got the memory of a freaking elephant!! I guess that's another pet peeve right there too!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:30 PM

Slappy that's a good promise to keep. You'll want to be healthy to chase that baby around. The best of luck to you.
How's the baby doing?

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:32 PM

LOL....poor Slappy! Well good luck. You can do it (and you know it's for your own good anyway!).

Besides...there are soooooooo many other "vices" you can pick up to replace that one!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:40 PM

The baby's doing great... Aside from the fact it's all his fault that I have to give up smoking... Had he maybe stayed alittle bit longer I wouldn't have made such a promise... I love the littl guy, but geez, he needs to start thinking of others before himself...

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:36 PM

you have to make sure that you are going to stop for yourself not because of some promise you made in a spur the moment babble conversation.

But I have faith that you can do it if you really set your mind to it. We'll all support you Slappy, you know that.
Posted By: MyKidsMom

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:43 PM

1. Pointing to something on the table, instead of saying, Please pass the potatos....
2. someone saying, "you know what I mean" after everything they say
3. Asking me to do something by saying, "why don't you bring me a glass of water?" Why don't you....... Try, Would you please bring me a glass of water..
4. My in laws coming for a visit DURING THE WEEK when we all work and go to school and have busy, busy schedules and have no time to entertain...
That's just today..

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:39 PM

So, glad to hear he's doing well and that he all ready has his daddy wrapped around his finger.
Anytime you feel like lighting up at work post on BOL. We can start a Slappy needs to be talked out of lighting up thread. Anytime you feel like lighting up at home go hold that little boy.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 08:47 PM

Quote:

1. Pointing to something on the table, instead of saying, Please pass the potatos....
2. someone saying, "you know what I mean" after everything they say
3. Asking me to do something by saying, "why don't you bring me a glass of water?" Why don't you....... Try, Would you please bring me a glass of water..
4. My in laws coming for a visit DURING THE WEEK when we all work and go to school and have busy, busy schedules and have no time to entertain...
That's just today..

Hey while your here, why don't you hand me that thing over there(pointing).

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 09:03 PM

Quote:

So, glad to hear he's doing well and that he all ready has his daddy wrapped around his finger.
Anytime you feel like lighting up at work post on BOL. We can start a Slappy needs to be talked out of lighting up thread. Anytime you feel like lighting up at home go hold that little boy.

lol... I'm actually happy about quiting, but I just didn't realize my quite date is coming up so soon... (that's the first step they say, setting a date and sticking to it.) Yeah, and I love my new little boy. He's gonna be spoiled rotten just like his big sister.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 09:12 PM

Slappy, just wait until those kids are a little older, you'll be doing enough drinking to make up for the smoking.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 09:16 PM

Oh, I couldn't possibly drink anymore than I do now... I even have a jack and coke here next to my computer... actually, more like a jack with a small amount of coke flavoring... actually, what do you call it when you're drinking straight whiskey out of a coke can??

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 09:22 PM

LOL TICG

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 09:20 PM

Quote:

Slappy, just wait until those kids are a little older, you'll be doing enough drinking to make up for the smoking.

AMEN!
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/25/06 10:01 PM

Quote:

Oh, I couldn't possibly drink anymore than I do now... I even have a jack and coke here next to my computer... actually, more like a jack with a small amount of coke flavoring... actually, what do you call it when you're drinking straight whiskey out of a coke can??

A problem...your not an alcoholic if you don't go to meetings!

Hi My Name is Slappy Happy Clown Boy and I have a problem.....

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 01:27 PM

LOL @ SQ! (whew...I KNEW there was a reason I didn't go to the meetings!)

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 02:58 PM

Hi my name is Slappy Happy Clown Boy, and I have a problem...
It's been 2 days since my last drink and I'm too broke to buy another bottle until payday...

I've never claimed to be an alcoholic, I'm more of a... well, Drunk.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:15 PM

LOL @ Slappy.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:26 PM

My pet peeve is when the quotes get out of hand! I write something. You quote it and write a reply. The next guy quotes me, you, and writes a reply. The next person quotes, me, you, the other guy....and on and on so that the thread is full of repetitive quotes, and it gets time consuming to search through all the repetitions to get to a new thought.

You can actually hit the quote button, then delete that portion of the quote that has been repeated ad nauseum and only leave the part of the quote you are referring to. And if you are referring to all the quotes, then you don't need to quote them, because answering in the thread should be clarification enough.

OK, rant over!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:27 PM

Quote:

My pet peeve is when the quotes get out of hand! I write something. You quote it and write a reply. The next guy quotes me, you, and writes a reply. The next person quotes, me, you, the other guy....and on and on so that the thread is full of repetitive quotes, and it gets time consuming to search through all the repetitions to get to a new thought.

You can actually hit the quote button, then delete that portion of the quote that has been repeated ad nauseum and only leave the part of the quote you are referring to. And if you are referring to all the quotes, then you don't need to quote them, because answering in the thread should be clarification enough.

OK, rant over!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

OK, rant over!

Like this?

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:22 PM

HALLEJUAH!
Nanwa, I think you just ranted for a lot of us.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, rant over!

Like this?

Yes...that does get annoying.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, rant over!

Like this?

You girls are awful. I can't believe you would do something like this.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:36 PM

LOL @ BJ!!! (I decided to be "good")

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, rant over!

Like this?

You girls are awful. I can't believe you would do something like this.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:53 PM

Sorry Nan...
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 04:00 PM

Quote:

Sorry Nan...

for what?

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 03:59 PM

now just give me some crayons and I'll color in all the lines for you!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 04:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry Nan...

for what?

for starting this.

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 04:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry Nan...

for what?

for starting this.

oh, now I get it

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 05:45 PM

Some of you are looking for a time out!
Posted By: mck401

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 06:55 PM

Do you mean the "naughty" chair?

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 07:29 PM

Yes, and to bed without supper too!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 08:01 PM

I'll go to bed without supper...but please...gimme the "naughty chair"!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/26/06 09:35 PM

My pet peeve of the day...When a person is so busy trying to show people that they do a great job, that they actually forget to DO their job. Arrrgggghhh....

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/27/06 01:38 AM

My pet peeve of the day..... people who don't answer your question and are so unwilling to help resolve a problem and use the excuse "well, it's our POLICY"!!! That's a bunch of cr*p!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/27/06 01:02 PM

I agree...MCK...total crap!

Re: Pet Peeves - 09/27/06 04:06 PM

I thought of contacting Mr. Webster (of Webster's Dictionary) to see if they would remove the word "POLICY" so that no one could ever use it but then I realized it would affect my daily work. ________ & Procedures pays my bills.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 05:10 PM

I strongly dislike people who know everything about nothing! No matter what subject you change to, they know it all. This woman I work with is getting on my last nerve!!!!! I want to tell her to just shut up! ok, rant over for now.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 05:13 PM

Quote:

I strongly dislike people who know everything about nothing! No matter what subject you change to, they know it all. This woman I work with is getting on my last nerve!!!!! I want to tell her to just shut up! ok, rant over for now.

Don't be so hard on Search.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 05:27 PM

Search is too much fun to pick on, its not her, I promise. Ive complained about this person before, she's just annoying!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 05:27 PM

Send her out to feed the pigeons, then get your shotgun. You'll take of two problems at once.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 06:34 PM

LOL good idea!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 06:38 PM

I am really sick of all of the office politics that have been going on at my bank. These are grown adults with degrees and they act like they are at daycare instead of work. I will never understand it...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 06:42 PM

Talk about immature: this other lady I work with got all bent out of shape b/c her name was unintentionally left off the birthday list! How sad is that? I mean, does she need that much attention! Heck, I wouldnt care if they left my name off of it on purpose.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 07:46 PM

It's always office politics. It gets so annoying. TG we have people that would get bent out of shape about that here too. I'm with you, who the heck cares when my B-day is around here. Just let me take the day off and be done with it.
We appear to have a little turmoil going on here too. 2 weeks ago a couple girls quit and now today 2 more quit. It might get interesting!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 08:08 PM

hmmm, any money missing?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 08:05 PM

TG - not that I am aware of. I think it's just office politics. This one gets more attention than that one and then a big fight (and I do mean fight) breaks out in the bookkeeping department and then, well it just goes on and on. My personal take on the matter......and if any of my bosses ever read this, remember that I have said this to your face..........poor management.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 08:38 PM

Quote:

This one gets more attention than that one and then a big fight (and I do mean fight) breaks out in the bookkeeping department...

So one was having an affair with the boss and the other one was jealous...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 08:41 PM

That's all ready happened around that branch too. It wasn't that this time. **LOL**

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 09:06 PM

Quote:

This one gets more attention than that one and then a big fight (and I do mean fight) breaks out in the bookkeeping department

Cat fight? g g g giddy up!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 09:07 PM

Quote:

Talk about immature: this other lady I work with got all bent out of shape b/c her name was unintentionally left off the birthday list! How sad is that? I mean, does she need that much attention! Heck, I wouldnt care if they left my name off of it on purpose.

Sniff...sniff... don't talk about me like that... all I wanted was a nice birthday.... ROFL... I must've missed that TG... when did this happen? But of course... one of my main goals... is too avoid her at all cost!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 09:19 PM

Are you sure we dont work at the same bank Jen? This person I am referring to has a serious mental problem. If its not the birhtday issue, she will find something else.

Search, I avoid her too but when she happens to hop on the elevator at the same time you do........you get stuck with her. I really dont like to talk about people like that but I only got one nerve left and danged if she aint riding on it.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 09:29 PM

I don't think so TG. It sounds like we maybe working with genetically linked people though!! *LOL**

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/04/06 09:41 PM

Quote:

Are you sure we dont work at the same bank Jen? This person I am referring to has a serious mental problem. If its not the birhtday issue, she will find something else.

Search, I avoid her too but when she happens to hop on the elevator at the same time you do........you get stuck with her. I really dont like to talk about people like that but I only got one nerve left and danged if she aint riding on it.

That's what I love about keeping to myself... my nerves aren't being ridin on... hehehe.. I'd been like...opps.. I forgot something.. you go ahead and go on down... poor you... trapped in an elevator with her... oh.. the pain.. thank goodness the dang elevator was working that day. Haha.
Posted By: pjs

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 12:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's what I love about keeping to myself... my nerves aren't being ridin on... hehehe.. I'd been like...opps.. I forgot something.. you go ahead and go on down... poor you... trapped in an elevator with her... oh.. the pain.. thank goodness the dang elevator was working that day. Haha.

Search has it right--keep away from it all--It's frightening how some adults act at work. I'm glad I work by myself, office gossip and drama is not my thing. We tell our kids to grow up---pretty sad that adults can act like babies at work. Ugh!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 06:57 PM

This person wouldn't be named Alice by any chance? My ex sister-in-law (who is bi-polar) works at banks in the bookeeping dept. I can't remember how many she has worked at, because she does not get along with anybody and doesn't want to take on any extra duties to help out. Needless to say, when she refuses to do anything but the bare minumum, then complains that she is passed over for raises, she gets axed, and moves on to the bank down the street.

She would be great if she stayed on her meds, but once she feels better, she wants to spend the med money on something really important - like charms in her artificial nails.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 07:39 PM

No, her name is not Alice, its a little further down the alphabet. I wouldnt mind if she moved on to the next bank down the street though. Search would probably help push her out the door. OR we could both just shove her out the 3rd story window.
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 07:49 PM

Quote:

Fat people who ride the cripple carts around Wal-Mart when they could use the excerise.

I'm so with you on these! Or, overweight people who have handicap parking permits?! Put down the burger, honey. That's not a disability.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:03 PM

Just b/c you dont see a physical disability does not mean a person is not disabled. Where is it stated that they have to be in a wheel chair to have a handicap permit?
Posted By: Spatch

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:04 PM

Quote:

Or, overweight people who have handicap parking permits?! Put down the burger, honey. That's not a disability.

My aunt has a handicap parking permit because of her weight. It drives me crazy. She is so incredibly unhealthy that I want to park as far away as possible just so she will get the exercise. She refuses to exercise or change her diet. THAT's a pet peeve for me. Someone who complains about something but won't do anything to solve the problem!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:16 PM

How did she get a permit for being overweight? To me that is not a handicap. My mother has a permit for her back problems and Im sure people wonder about her when she gets out of her vehicle b/c you cant physically see her disability. That doesnt mean she doesnt have one but she doesnt use hers all the time either.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm so with you on these! Or, overweight people who have handicap parking permits?! Put down the burger, honey. That's not a disability.

I'm sorry, but this just made me giggle.
This comment was made by 'Bacon Boy'

Seriously, though. Don't instantly judge people with handicap permits just because of their weight. I have a family friend who has one temporarily because he broke both feet and had to have surgery. He's overweight, but that's not why he got the permit, although many people presume that to be the case.

Sometimes you can't tell a person's story just by looking at them...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:13 PM

True, That Girl, but many are like my other sister in law, who is adverse to any kind of exercise. If her hairline gets damp with exertion, she freaks! So, she talked her doctor into getting her a handicap sign. Her brother, MOML, has a good friend who is paralyzed from a construction accident. This friend has mentioned to MOML that, many times, he could not park in the handicapped spaces because they are taken up by people could walk, but had handicapped signs.

So... when MOML went shopping with his sister, and she parked in the handicapped spot, he read her the riot act! She immediately backed out of the spot and parked in a regular spot.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:18 PM

TG- She got a permit because, several years ago, she was recovering from a brush with death (due to her obesity). Since she had to go to the grocery store, work, etc., he gave her a parking permit that was good for several years. I think she coerced him into giving her one that was valid for such a long period of time.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:21 PM

My mother-in-law has one and we use it when taking her places (she's 94). My parents could use one (seriously), but my father doesn't want to get one. He believes there is a stigma attached. He's almost 85 years old and is diabetic and had three small strokes at the beginning of the year and has difficulty walking. He's just too proud to get one and really needs it.
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:26 PM

I have an aunt who is obese...she lives right across the street from my other aunt...literally driveway to driveway and the woman will walk out, get in her car back out and pull in to my other aunts driveway...We always watch her out the window in disbelief of how incredibly lazy she is....Being overweight runs in my family and though I may not be as small I was was when I was a teenager, I refuse to ever be like that...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:34 PM

Quote:

Seriously, though. Don't instantly judge people with handicap permits just because of their weight. I have a family friend who has one temporarily because he broke both feet and had to have surgery. He's overweight, but that's not why he got the permit, although many people presume that to be the case.

I agree. A few months ago I was at the grocery store and someone in one of these carts nearly ran me over in the freezer lane. He then got up from the cart, pulled out a treat from the freezer and told me to watch where I was going. He wasn't handicapped, he was just lazy.

Didn't mean to come across as a hater. My best friends have meat on their bones.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:38 PM

I have multiple personalities....wonder if I could get a handicap permit?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:32 PM

Quote:

Being overweight runs in my family and though I may not be as small I was was when I was a teenager, I refuse to ever be like that...

I'm with you there. My entire family - both sides - tend to be on the heavy side. My brother and I promised each other that we would never be like that and that we would make sure eachother's kids didn't end up like that either. I love my parents and all, but they gave us with way too much junk food and not enough activity. Good thing I took a nutrition class in HS and realized what was wrong with my lifestyle.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:43 PM

That depends. Are all your personalities in the same physical and mental condition? Keep in mind if any are under the age of 16, you may not be able to legally drive in your state, in which case you'd have to find someone else to drive you. But that other person couldn't be another of your personalities, because it's highly unlikely that two personalities can have control at the same time without significant displacement issues.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:47 PM

LOL @ BB!!

("they" are all of legal, adult, consenting age...even though some of them don't act like it)

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:41 PM

If any are under age and male, it would explain those IM's you get from Mark Foley.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:54 PM

Quote:

If any are under age and male, it would explain those IM's you get from Mark Foley.

That's hot. Kind of like your grandpa cruising you at the park, but only using emails to get his point across.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 08:54 PM

LD I am blown away that your aunt would do that. I am not a petite person, but seriously get up and walk your lazy butt across the street!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 09:00 PM

Quote:

No, her name is not Alice, its a little further down the alphabet. I wouldnt mind if she moved on to the next bank down the street though. Search would probably help push her out the door. OR we could both just shove her out the 3rd story window.

I'm not gonna mess up my heels for that... oh wait.. heck... I can always replace the heels should they break.. and it'd be worth my investment... let's get to pushing.

Hey...did ya hear she parked in one of the "officals" parking spot yesterday... duh... c'mon think about where u're parking those tires girl!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 09:16 PM

She parked under the awning? And she's been here how long now? She should know better by now, but its all about the attention thing that she thinks she needs.

No wait....its the pleas of "Im not good enough to park here?" or "you're discriminating against me."

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 09:26 PM

SM & TG...one of my multiple personalities is rowdy and tough. Want me to send her up to your place to take care of this broad?!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 09:38 PM

nah, when she comes back to work tomorrow, we've decided to push her out the window. j/k people.... Actually, we're hoping she wont come back tomorrow. Methinks shes looking for another job.

We appreciate the offer though. We'll let you take care of the next one that comes along that we dont like.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 10:00 PM

You could help her by offering to pass out resumes for her.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 10:05 PM

Im not taking time off work for her, but I will offer to type them for her and tell her where to go did I say that?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 10:23 PM

Quote:

She parked under the awning? And she's been here how long now? She should know better by now, but its all about the attention thing that she thinks she needs.

No wait....its the pleas of "Im not good enough to park here?" or "you're discriminating against me."

OMG... you missed it.. under the remote side...they.. one of the "officals" son... come out.. took down her plates..inspected the car... then one of the tellers saw her running out and driving off fast in her car... oh.. I just love our tellers... They see everything and keep us so informed. Dang cubicles.. and we sit in here with her and didn't know this! Haha!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/05/06 10:27 PM

Quote:

nah, when she comes back to work tomorrow, we've decided to push her out the window. j/k people.... Actually, we're hoping she wont come back tomorrow. Methinks shes looking for another job.

We appreciate the offer though. We'll let you take care of the next one that comes along that we dont like.

Methinks what you thinks is correct.. LOL... She's so set on making big $$$$$$$$$. Hehehe... just so glad she's not gonna be in class with us this go around... Woo-hoo...

Actually.. we'll probably not even know she's here... unless she gets to close to my cubicle... hey... I got it... I can accidently give the wall a shove as she walks by... ROFL...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 01:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Methinks what you thinks is correct.. LOL... She's so set on making big $$$$$$$$$. Hehehe... just so glad she's not gonna be in class with us this go around... Woo-hoo...

Actually.. we'll probably not even know she's here... unless she gets to close to my cubicle... hey... I got it... I can accidently give the wall a shove as she walks by... ROFL...

Sounds like your bank needs to hire "Terry Tate, Office Linebacker". He would take care of this slacker!!! I can never get enough of those videos....

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 02:19 PM

I have a new pet peeve.
My new least favorite thing is the last day of work before you go on vacation (especially if you are in an office by yourself with no one to rub it in to ).

It's only been 1 hour and 22 minutes and it feels like I've been here three days...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 02:41 PM

I totally agree...MadCali!!!! So you're going on vacation too??

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 02:51 PM

I am.
Not going anywhere, just not going to be here.

It is my wedding anniversary (6th!) on Friday, so we might go away for a couple of days. Maybe not, though. Depends on money. He got laid off/employer went out of business a couple of months ago, and he's having a heck of a time finding a job.

It's a Friday the 13th, though (just like when we got married), so we really want to do something.

Maybe I should start a thread for cheap-o anniversary ideas...:)

You going anywhere?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 03:12 PM

Congratulations on the anniversary! How about an old fashioned "date"? Whatever you used to do before you were married?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 03:39 PM

Date? What's that?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 03:42 PM

Quote:

I am.
Not going anywhere, just not going to be here.

It is my wedding anniversary (6th!) on Friday, so we might go away for a couple of days. Maybe not, though. Depends on money. He got laid off/employer went out of business a couple of months ago, and he's having a heck of a time finding a job.

It's a Friday the 13th, though (just like when we got married), so we really want to do something.

Maybe I should start a thread for cheap-o anniversary ideas...:)

You going anywhere?

Congrats on 6 years of marital bliss! Sorry to hear about hubby losing his job...but I'm sure he'll find something soon.

Yes...I'm actually going on a "real" vacation. Leaving Sat. for Hawaii!!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 04:02 PM

Quote:

How do you say "you suck" in Hawaiian?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 04:03 PM

Why not just a romantic dinner, with candle-light and flowers, best china and silver and some champagne...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 04:12 PM

I was thinking of dinner and a movie. That kind of date.

What did you guys do when you started seeing each other?
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 04:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Use a lot of vowels.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 05:17 PM

Quote:

I was thinking of dinner and a movie. That kind of date.

What did you guys do when you started seeing each other?

Well, we met through work and both managed retail stores, so our hours were really strange and there were a lot of'em .
I've been trying to think if we actually went on any official dates...
We managed music stores, so we got free tickets to a lot of concerts...we did that a lot.

I think I'm going to make dinner (he's usually the cook, definitely not me ) and then maybe we'll go to a movie. Maybe that day we'll hit an apple orchard (it's that time of year) and do some wine tasting at one of them that I found that's close by.

I'm starting to vacation ramble. Is it 5:00 yet?

How about now???

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 05:24 PM

Quote:

Why not just a romantic dinner, with candle-light and flowers, best china and silver and some champagne...

That sounds kinda nice, too.
I just feel like I need to get him out of the house a little bit because he spends so much time online looking for jobs.

A job hunt, by the way, sucks. Nobody will take phone calls. Nobody will give you a direct contact (unless you 'know' somebody). Reps at job fairs won't even accept resumes anymore around here, they just direct you to their website. He's getting really bummed, and I can't blame him.

I just think I need to get him out and about...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 05:24 PM

My PetPeeve for the day... I was at the supermarket last night and there was a lady in front of me with a mountain of groceries. I didn't mind because I wasn't in a hurry, so I parked my cart behind her and waited to unload. After the clerk had started ringing her up, she pulled a mountain of coupons from her purse and placed them on the counter... Now I'm alittle annoyed because I've been a clerk before, and I always hated the stack of coupons... Then the clerk mentions that some of the coupons don't apply for different reasons, (expired, wrong size box, whatever) and the lady starts getting all huffy and says that she has a "budget" that she must stick to and so the clerk is going to have to void some items so that she can meet the budget.... Long story short it took a good 15 minutes to help this lady and my wife was mad it took me so long to go to the store....
Not only that but as I walk out and load up my truck I start to drive off but am stuck in traffic because some van is parked right in front of the store doors as they load a mountain of groceries into it... As I passed by I was so pi$$ed... It was the same stupid lady. I don't know why, but I had a sudden urge to run her over as I drove by...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 05:45 PM

Slappy, that's right up there with when you get in line at the 10 items or less register, and someone with a cartload squeaks in ahead of you. The cashier SHOULD say, "I'm sorry, you need to go to another register, this is 10 items or less", but all they ever say, if they say anything is, "Next time please go to another register when you have this many items". Like they'll listen.

MadCali, sounds like you need to get your guy out and get his mind off of job hunting. That may be all the escape you need!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 05:42 PM

Quote:

My PetPeeve for the day... I was at the supermarket last night and there was a lady in front of me with a mountain of groceries. I didn't mind because I wasn't in a hurry, so I parked my cart behind her and waited to unload. After the clerk had started ringing her up, she pulled a mountain of coupons from her purse and placed them on the counter... Now I'm alittle annoyed because I've been a clerk before, and I always hated the stack of coupons... Then the clerk mentions that some of the coupons don't apply for different reasons, (expired, wrong size box, whatever) and the lady starts getting all huffy and says that she has a "budget" that she must stick to and so the clerk is going to have to void some items so that she can meet the budget.... Long story short it took a good 15 minutes to help this lady and my wife was mad it took me so long to go to the store....
Not only that but as I walk out and load up my truck I start to drive off but am stuck in traffic because some van is parked right in front of the store doors as they load a mountain of groceries into it... As I passed by I was so pi$$ed... It was the same stupid lady. I don't know why, but I had a sudden urge to run her over as I drove by...

Having worked in a grocery store Slap,I can appreciate your frustration!! Whining about a 25 cent coupon that expired 6 months ago.....Or the customers that wait until the last second, rummage through the purse, and pull out the check book. Then decides to reconcile the register right there!!! Think ahead people and fill out as much as possible before hand!!UGH And who pays by check anymore???

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 05:47 PM

Hey, I pay by check! but I have them run it through their printer and I just sign it... Usually the day before payday when my debit card wont work til tomorrow.
But back to the subject at hand, this lady pissed me off so fricken bad then to park right in front of the doors to load up her van?! WHO DOES THAT?!?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I know you mean that in the most "loving" way.

(actually...I'm usually the one telling someone else they "suck" for going on some exotic getaway...LOL!)

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 06:26 PM

Quote:

But back to the subject at hand, this lady pissed me off so fricken bad then to park right in front of the doors to load up her van?! WHO DOES THAT?!?

How big is your truck? Perhaps just "bumping" her would do the trick, rather than driving completely over her. You'll have a similar emotional effect without the physical damage to the front of your vehicle. Plus, your insurance won't spike.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 08:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

How big is your truck? Perhaps just "bumping" her would do the trick, rather than driving completely over her. You'll have a similar emotional effect without the physical damage to the front of your vehicle. Plus, your insurance won't spike.

Not only does Bacon Boy have a screen name that should be an inspiration to meat eaters everywhere, but his post is right on.

Might I also suggest that you throw a quarter at her as you drive off and tell her to apply it to her next grocery bill so as to speed up the process for the next individual stuck behind her.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 08:28 PM

Who does that? Lazy people, that's who - or the occasional handicapped person - but mostly lazy people.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/06/06 09:08 PM

I'm sorry but if you can't push your cart of groceries to your car then you don't deserve to eat them.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/10/06 06:38 AM

"PEOPLE", who -- ***overly*** use... punctuation!!!!!!!

Here's a recent email:

"Gift Cards"
Do you guys sell them??? If so, are they re-loadable???
--Thanks!!

My response: (I wish)

"Your Email!!!"
Could you stop...??? Taking speed??? You are "getting on my nerves"!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/10/06 03:39 PM

Our computer people.......
Friday the branch I am at couldn't get on to any of our programs for over 1/2 day. Now today I can get to word and the internet, I can't get on to PCS (Vision) or Arta lending. How can I can any work done like this? Is it really that hard to figure out what the heck is going on and make it better?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/10/06 03:50 PM

Quote:

Our computer people.......
Friday the branch I am at couldn't get on to any of our programs for over 1/2 day. Now today I can get to word and the internet, I can't get on to PCS (Vision) or Arta lending. How can I can any work done like this? Is it really that hard to figure out what the heck is going on and make it better?

As long as you can get on BOL, that's all that's important

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 04:13 PM

But I went thru BOL withdrawal yesterday afternoon and this morning while they shut down the threads and did their routine maintenance!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 04:17 PM

Same here Nanwa. I use BOL to break up the monotony of my day - it was torture yesterday

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 04:17 PM

No kidding, I thought I was gonna go nuts... I didn't think they would ever open the threads again.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 04:38 PM

Here's a pet peeve - when the work day crawls by. I can't believe it's only 9:30. Plus, my boss has yet to give me something to do. I handed everything off yesterday for review. I was hoping to get something back by now. I've been scrolling through the threads to waste time, but it's not working!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 04:51 PM

I need to get on with my deposit review, but I am avoiding it. I am dreading reading all the account disclosures. I am already second guessing myself on the Reg E stuff, and am waiting for an example of disclosures from a friend to clear up my question. Don't want to confuse it with the Reg DD stuff.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 05:30 PM

New Peeve that has happened to me 3 times in the last week or so. 4 way intersection, all have stop signs. I let the next person who is "supposed" to go through and the person/car right behind him rides his "go" so essentially 2 cars go. Drives me nuts, felt like smacking into the car. By the way, I really don't have road rage....

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 05:28 PM

crappy make-0up

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 05:43 PM

You know what I can't stand is when the background movie music is sooooo loud, it gives you a headache, but if you turn the volume down, you cannot hear the dialogue. Why do they do that? Arrrghhh

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 05:53 PM

You know, DQ, I've noticed that before too! Thanks for letting me know that I'm not that crazy.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 06:06 PM

It bothers me too DQ. I thought the Mothman Conspiracy was really bad about that. The music and sound effects are too loud and you still can't hear the dialogue.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 07:13 PM

Quote:

It bothers me too DQ. I thought the Mothman Conspiracy was really bad about that. The music and sound effects are too loud and you still can't hear the dialogue.

I think you mean Mothman Prophecies
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 07:25 PM

Maybe the volume too loud on the background music and the dialogue too quiet IS the conspiracy!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 08:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think you mean Mothman Prophecies

That's it! That's pretty bad considering I read the book too.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 08:19 PM

What I hate is inviting your friends over to your house and they don't pick up after themselves or stop their heathen children from running crazy all over the place!
For goodness sakes, if you finish your drink THROW your stinking cup in the trash!!! Don't just leave it where you sit!!! I'm the hostess not the maid and if you were at home you wouldn't be doing that! And put a leash on your kids...If they were mine I'd be embarrassed!
Ok...I'm done now. And no, I'm never inviting anyone over ever again. Especially if they have kids.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 08:21 PM

It's amazing what some people let their kids do out in public. And just because they have learned to ignore their heathens doesn't mean I have. I'm trying to enjoy dinner and some kids is bawling and throwing a fit. For Pete's sake, take that crying kid outta here. Some of us are trying to enjoy our dinner that is outrageously overpriced.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 08:32 PM

Quote:

It's amazing what some people let their kids do out in public. And just because they have learned to ignore their heathens doesn't mean I have. I'm trying to enjoy dinner and some kids is bawling and throwing a fit. For Pete's sake, take that crying kid outta here. Some of us are trying to enjoy our dinner that is outrageously overpriced.

No kidding...why is it that there can be smoking and non-smoking section but no family and I don't have any desire to be seated next to your screaming toddler section?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 08:40 PM

My husband would rather see 'Screaming Children' and 'No Screaming Children' sections. I know when my son was small we would take him out of the restaurant in a heartbeat if he got too noisy.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 08:45 PM

I don't know why people take small kids to nice restaurants period. The parents can't possibly be enjoying their time there, and paying $10+ for a plate of chicken fingers for the little brats.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 09:01 PM

Quote:

For Pete's sake, take that crying kid outta here.

That buggs the heck out of me too. When my kids start crying, I don't care where we are, Le Italian Overpriced Crapola, or Micky D's, I take them out side... there was one time my daughter was being a brat while we were at the doc's office for my son and I ended up sitting the the car with her for about 1 1/2 hours because I didn't want the people in the waiting room to put up with her crying. When I see/hear little Jr. Son of a B**** crying while me and my wife are enjoying dinner I just want to smack the parents!
***getting off my soap box now***
Posted By: Angel Eyes

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/11/06 09:12 PM

It's not really about the kids, it is about responsible parenting. There should be a responsible parenting course before some people are allowed to procreate! Children will be children, but if it is past their bedtime and they are starved and they didn't get a nap today, maybe a public place isn't were they belong!
What upsets me the most is when the parents get upset at the children when it isn't really the child's fault...irresponsible parenting is to blame. Children need to be taught how to act and behave in public and they should be set up for success not failure, don't take children out when it is naptime, or past their bedtime. Sorry....got carried away.
:steps off soap box, straightening blouse and skirt and tries to regain control:

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 11:14 AM

Quote:

No kidding...why is it that there can be smoking and non-smoking section but no family and I don't have any desire to be seated next to your screaming toddler section?

LOL @ that! I always pick the smoking section, one, because I smoke and two, there are never children there.

I remember once my ex and I were out to dinner, we were already seated and eating our meal and I saw the hostess coming our way with a high chair... I said "Oh, $hit" out loud, and the table turned out to be for my ex's best friend, his wife and their kid... they heard the "Oh $hit"...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 12:21 PM

DQ I never thought about it that way--no smoking = kids vs smoking = no kids. Thanks for the bright light!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 03:59 PM

I'm not sure any restuarants in Oregon have smoking sections anymore...you just get stuck in the screaming kids section all the time!!!
That's it! I'm moving back to Tennessee!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 04:29 PM

Actually, there is no "smoking" section in any NJ eating establishment, since April 15 this year. I'm thinking DQ hasn't eaten out in a while.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 04:25 PM

Go to Florida. There are very few kids there, from what I see. Just alot of "Q-Tips", as my friend calls them. (Elderly, white hair, get it?)

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 04:50 PM

Quote:

Actually, there is no "smoking" section in any NJ eating establishment, since April 15 this year. I'm thinking DQ hasn't eaten out in a while.

I was reminiscing about the good old days... And, it does peeve me.

No lunch for you, Steve!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 05:01 PM

Quote:

No lunch for you, Steve!

Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 05:42 PM

My neighbor here in the cube farm works every afternoon. She comes in, and within 15 minutes she starts eating, which it seems she pretty much does for the rest of the afternoon. First it's pretzels, then apples, then crackers, then maybe a banana, with lots and lots of water (and burping). What I hear is: crunch, crunch, munch, munch, burb, paper crackling, burp, crunch, munch, etc, etc, etc..... I've learned to wait until she gets here before I go to lunch. If I have something to do away from my desk, I do it after she gets here. Yesterday, I was trying to concentrate on a worksheet, and she just went on and on and on. It is so annoying!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 06:04 PM

Wow, Pooh. That's a rough situation. That would be terribly annoying for me as well. I feel for ya!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 06:42 PM

Quote:

My neighbor here in the cube farm works every afternoon. She comes in, and within 15 minutes she starts eating, which it seems she pretty much does for the rest of the afternoon. First it's pretzels, then apples, then crackers, then maybe a banana, with lots and lots of water (and burping). What I hear is: crunch, crunch, munch, munch, burb, paper crackling, burp, crunch, munch, etc, etc, etc..... I've learned to wait until she gets here before I go to lunch. If I have something to do away from my desk, I do it after she gets here. Yesterday, I was trying to concentrate on a worksheet, and she just went on and on and on. It is so annoying!

Hmmm, that makes me hungry...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 06:38 PM

Sounds like she is in the wrong line of work. She is bored with her job, and eats all the time for something to do. She needs a job that keeps her hands busy, so she can't be constantly eating. Put her on the proof machine!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 08:05 PM

I sit near the front door of our admin building close to the receptionist, executive secretary and admin. assist...now mind you, I'm part of a completely different department but this is just where I got stuck...there's 3 of them and I spend half of my day answering their phones and helping people at the front desk because none of them are ever anywhere to be found...someone please explain this to me!!!!!!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 08:06 PM

Quote:

Sounds like she is in the wrong line of work. She is bored with her job, and eats all the time for something to do. She needs a job that keeps her hands busy, so she can't be constantly eating. Put her on the proof machine!

If she's good looking, have her call me -- I'll give her a job that keeps her hands busy.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 08:19 PM

Quote:

I sit near the front door of our admin building close to the receptionist, executive secretary and admin. assist...now mind you, I'm part of a completely different department but this is just where I got stuck...there's 3 of them and I spend half of my day answering their phones and helping people at the front desk because none of them are ever anywhere to be found...someone please explain this to me!!!!!!

sounds like they are managment in training.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 08:20 PM

I share a wall with the men's restroom and there are no "smell" filters. It infiltrates my office and latches onto my nostrils til I am gagging.

Do I win???

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 08:41 PM

Quote:

I share a wall with the men's restroom and there are no "smell" filters. It infiltrates my office and latches onto my nostrils til I am gagging.

Do I win???

Congratulations, you get to pick your prize!!! Do you want what's behind door number 1? or Door #2?

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 08:34 PM

Quote:

Do I win???

Quick someone give this BOL'er a drink...It is MUCH deserved...EEEWWW...

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 08:45 PM

Quote:

Do I win???

gross

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 08:49 PM

Quote:

Do I win???

Oh, I'll bet you drilled a little hole so that you can peek in there at them.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 10:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do I win???

Oh, I'll bet you drilled a little hole so that you can peek in there at them.

eeew no she wouldn't boys are gross in the restroom

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/12/06 10:17 PM

Believe me... from attending church camps and the such... WOMEN have nothing on men when it comes to bathroom manners....ick.. just thinking about things make me sick... okay.. gotta move off that subject.
Posted By: Not2much$anymore

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/17/06 05:21 PM

People who call or come in asking why they charged a service charge and then saying "I was never told that"! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!! Can't people read!!! Its all in the paper work when they first open an account.
Also, other co-workers who come in when they feel like it in the morning, after lunch and on thier breaks! nothing is said to them but i'm always the first one to be told anything! ERERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/17/06 05:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do I win???

Congratulations, you get to pick your prize!!! Do you want what's behind door number 1? or Door #2?

LOL @ "number 1 or number 2".

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/17/06 06:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do I win???

I remember a game show LOOONNNGGGG time ago that always had the prizes behind the doors or boxes or something. Was it Let's Make a Deal? All I remember is people had all kinds of stuff with them hoping they could make a better deal.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/17/06 06:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do I win???

I remember a game show LOOONNNGGGG time ago that always had the prizes behind the doors or boxes or something. Was it Let's Make a Deal? All I remember is people had all kinds of stuff with them hoping they could make a better deal.

That reminds me of the price is right, I used to love that show!!
Posted By: Firecracker

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/17/06 07:40 PM

Pet Peeve: When a BOLer claims they have put someone on ignore and then have to mouth off and push the buttons of the user they are supposedly ignoring.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/17/06 07:45 PM

My pet peeve this week: BOL WC threads turning so petty. I know that I am a relative new comer on the block (been reading unregistered for a long time) but I have really seen a serious decline in the last few months. There are all of these ridiculous posts about fat & ugly people. People attacking each other in posts instead of taking it to a PM to hash out their differences. You don't have to agree with everyone, but why is it necessary to get so mean? I just don't understand it.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/17/06 08:12 PM

1) ESPN with their clock on the screen counting down til the start of whatever game they are showing later....
2) Coworkers making no attempt to make coffee when they drain the pot-they could at least put the empty pot in the sink....
3) Resending the same memo, email, product description,etc to the same people over and over....
4) Local, state or the Fed Gov't deciding what i can eat, drink, watch, listen to, etc....I am a big boy and can decide what is best for me and my family....

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/18/06 02:24 PM

Sox, I can agree with all of the pet peeves you have listed. I don't watch ESPN but if I did that would make me nuts.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/23/06 05:13 PM

My pet peeve lately is old people over 75 driving. Lately, I have had more pull out without looking and proceed to go slow (usually 15 to 20 mph under the speed limit). Since there was an elderly person who ran a stop sign and get hit my a truck (luckily no life threatening injuries), a old person running a stop light and hit some kids walking across the cross walk (comment was that light never changes so I never stop), and a elderly person running into a grocery store (mixing up the gas and break peddle), I think there needs to be a mandatory eye and reaction test prior to reissuance of a person's driver's license when they reach a certain age. I mean when a 96 year old individual questions whether or not they should get their driver's license to the licensing agent and the licensing agent proceeds to issue a license, there is an issue.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/23/06 05:16 PM

In Indiana after a person reached age 75 they used to have to take the driving test every 2 years. My father will be 85 next month and he had to do it at 75. Unfortunately, that got changed about 8 years ago. Indiana does, however, require an eye exam for every driver's license renewal - unless that's changed in the year and a half since I've been gone.

I do agree that the procedures should be stepped up after a certain age.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/23/06 06:04 PM

The procedures really should be revamped for older drivers. It's not just about eye sight, agility and reaction times change as you get older. Look at the 89 year old man who was just convicted after driving through a farmer's market. He killed 10 people and injured another 60. Scary!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/23/06 06:21 PM

While I am thinking about things that get on my nerves, what is with all of the posts with the name calling? You can't even understand what people are trying to say in between all of the silly bickering. Just because you disagree with an opinion doesn't mean that you have to attack the person for saying it.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/23/06 06:36 PM

Quote:

While I am thinking about things that get on my nerves, what is with all of the posts with the name calling? You can't even understand what people are trying to say in between all of the silly bickering. Just because you disagree with an opinion doesn't mean that you have to attack the person for saying it.

This post is rediculous!

Your opinion is completely wrong!

You’re a slacker!

(I’m just kidding )

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/23/06 09:45 PM

Here are more of my pet peeves:
1) Inconsiderate people - Why can't you burn the 1/10th of a calorie it takes to use your turn signal when you can clearly see that I am waiting to turn?
2) Inconsiderate people - The space directly in front of an ATM, store entrance, etc. is NOT a parking space, no matter how quickly you think you can complete your transaction.
3) Inconsiderate people - Do you have to block a parking space with a shopping cart because the place to return the shopping carts is more than 5 feet away from your lazy a--?
4) Inconsiderate people - Instead of making the cashier and 4 people in line behind you wait for you to finish your phone call, can't you have the person on the other end wait 10 seconds or maybe even call them back?
5) Inconsiderate people - Your car is not so special that you deserve two parking spaces for it, even if you did pay too much for your car.
6) Inconsiderate people - The fast lane is named as such for a reason and it is not because it is refraining from eating!
7) Inconsiderate people - Riding my bumber will not make the traffic up ahead thin out.
8) Inconsiderate people - In order to pass the vehicle next to you, you have to travel at a velocity greater than the velocity of the vehicle you intend to pass.
9) Inconsiderate people - Just because the width of a traffic lane is greater than the width of my car, this does not mean that you are welcome to weave into that space, regardless of how engaging your current telephone call is.
10) Inconsiderate people - If you are the last person to pull up to a stop sign, you are generally not the first person entitled to proceed through said stop.
11) Inconsiderate people - Pedestrians have the right of way, particularly when their hands are full and/or it is raining.

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/23/06 10:30 PM

Peepers, you always make me laugh

Great list Guitar Dude!

Re: Pet Peeves - 10/23/06 10:38 PM

Quote:

3) Inconsiderate people - Do you have to block a parking space with a shopping cart because the place to return the shopping carts is more than 5 feet away from your lazy a--?

This bugs the dickens out of me!!!! Especially if you see them look around...find the cart return with their eyes...see the mental whoo! I'm not walking over there...and then ditch the cart in the parking lot...
I just want to get out and scream at them!
You know what else bugs me? People that do it when they only had 2 bags to carry out anyways!!!
aaahhh, I feel better