Posted By: BotV#6

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 04:31 PM

I'm hoping to. Waiting for approval
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 04:32 PM

I'll be there.
Posted By: KAT

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 04:54 PM

My daughter is pregnant and due then so I am opting to stay home. It would kill me if I couldn't see the baby because I was in Florida
Posted By: deppfan

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 05:13 PM

Quote:

I'm hoping to. Waiting for approval

Ditto.
Posted By: RFitzpatrick

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 05:36 PM

I'm going and also taking the CRCM on Sunday at 8am (thats 5am for me )
Posted By: SanibelGal

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 06:11 PM

I'll be there. This one is close to home for me - about 90 minutes, so I will be able to drive - no airplane ride this year!
Posted By: Bimmer

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 09:32 PM

You should all swing by for a drink while your down here!
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 09:42 PM

I am attending.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 09:57 PM

I haven't made the final decision on fly or drive. If I drive, I will be passing through Daytona Beach on that Saturday and Wednesday of the week of the conference. Where are we drinking? Maybe we can talk about urban myths or something.
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 10:01 PM

Quote:

I haven't made the final decision on fly or drive. If I drive, I will be passing through Daytona Beach on that Saturday and Wednesday of the week of the conference. Where are we drinking? Maybe we can talk about urban myths or something.

ROFL... good way to make up...

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 10:09 PM

Quote:

I'm a Scotch drinker. How about you?

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 10:10 PM

Rum or tequila

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/10/06 10:13 PM

Quote:

Rum or tequila

Well, they work too!
Posted By: QCL

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/11/06 01:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rum or tequila

Well, they work too!

I so wish that I could go. Just to watch all this...

Cheap bank. (Just kidding, if anyone else from my bank is reading this !)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/11/06 02:01 PM

Quote:

Rum or tequila

Tequila...Peron Silver!

See y'all there...haven't decided yet if I'll come out of the closet.

-----------------------------------

It's GREAT to be a QUEEN in the Water Cooler!
Posted By: deppfan

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/11/06 02:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rum or tequila

Well, they work too!

Cheap bank (Just kidding, if anyone else from my bank is reading this !)

I'm not kidding. Our bank President and CEO go to meetings all over the country (last time they saw 2 Broadway plays), yet it's too expensive to send me to a conference that would benefit the bank. Sigh....

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/11/06 02:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rum or tequila

Well, they work too!

I'm not kidding. Our bank President and CEO go to meetings all over the country (last time they saw 2 Broadway plays), yet it's too expensive to send me to a conference that would benefit the bank. Sigh....

Hmm... I think this happens in a LOT of banks...

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/11/06 02:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rum or tequila

Well, they work too!

Hmm... I think this happens in a LOT of banks...

YEP, it does. Rather than fight that battle I'm going on my own and using vacation.

PLUS there is the added benefit of the CRCM credits...go ahead and get that out of the way at the same time!

--------------------------------------

It's GREAT to be a QUEEN in the Water Cooler!
Posted By: OnTheEdge

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/11/06 02:40 PM

I'll be there. I waited until last week to make hotel reservations. The "Dolphin" was full so I'll be staying at the Yacht Club. It's supposed to be within walking distance. We'll see.........
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/11/06 02:58 PM

Quote:

...haven't decided yet if I'll come out of the closet.

Ahhh, that is the question...

Shall we try to plan a Cooler get-together?? Is anyone going to get there on Saturday? My flight gets in at 1pm Sat.
Posted By: Spladoodle

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/12/06 01:31 PM

Quote:

I waited until last week to make hotel reservations. The "Dolphin" was full so I'll be staying at the Yacht Club.

Strange.. I just made reservations at the Dolphin yesterday with no problem.

My flight arrives at 4:30 on Saturday. Hope to go to Downtown Disney for some dinner. Would love to participate in a BOL'ers get-together.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/12/06 01:36 PM

At these meetings... have any of you just automatically knew someone was from BOL... just because of their personality seen here on BOL... not because you've seen pictures of them or talked to them by phone etc? I mean everyone has certain character traits that are undeniable. Any stories?
Posted By: GenerousLife

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/12/06 02:35 PM

I'm going.
Posted By: Suzie

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/12/06 05:42 PM

Would not miss it for anything. I'm taking a red-eye flight Friday evening and will arrive Saturday morning, whoo hoo - so ready for the Florida weather.

How about Mary Beth, Michele, Andy and John -- will BOL be setting up a booth this year?
Posted By: OnTheEdge

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/12/06 06:29 PM

Spladoodle - are you serious? I'm calling them this afternoon to see what the heck is up!

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/12/06 06:48 PM

What probably happened is that I know ABA had a block of rooms set aside for speakers. I'm pretty sure they had targeted to release any of those rooms that were unused earlier this week. Spladoodle's timing just worked out right.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/12/06 07:10 PM

BOLers have a certain aura that makes them easy to pick out. (Usually we pick a time to meet in the lobby. And some of us have been meeting for a few years now.)

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/12/06 08:24 PM

While it seems like I've been on here for years, I'm new to BOLland since the last conference.
Posted By: David Dickinson

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/13/06 01:14 AM

I'll be there too. I co-presenting the Lending Update/Top Lending violations break out session with Meg Sczyrba. My family will be coming with me as well. We arrive on Friday and leave on Friday.
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/31/06 07:20 PM

I am arriving on Saturday. Has BOL planned a get together yet? I haven't had much time to get on the threads lately, so forgive me if I missed something on this.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/31/06 07:28 PM

No one has planned any get together or meeting point...we are not as organized as in prior years! We would have had dinner reservations by now!

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/31/06 08:00 PM

Part of the issue is that no one from BOL itself (Mary Beth, Andy, John, etc) is going to be there. BOL is not exhibiting this year, nor are any of the principals speaking. So we're kind of on our own, so to speak. Plus I think our Saturday night dinner organizer from the past couple of years, Louvera, is also not going this year. Who else is a good organizer? Also, a lot more folks are coming with their families this time, too. That could mean less desire to get together as a BOL group.

My flight gets in at 6pm on Saturday, so unless dinner is late, I probably won't be able to make it on Saturday.

As an aside, did anyone else notice in the final program that next year's conference (2007) will be in Atlanta, GA, not in the DC area as it has traditionally been in odd years? Also, next year, the conference is scheduled one week earlier than previous years - usually starts the second Sunday in June, but next year it's June 3 - 6, 2007.
Posted By: Suzie

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/31/06 08:20 PM

Quote:

no one from BOL itself (Mary Beth, Andy, John, etc) is going to be there. BOL is not exhibiting this year, nor are any of the principals speaking.

What is this all about? I don't recall a conference without Andy, etc. I think there is more here than anyone is saying! BOL belongs at the ABA conference --

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/31/06 08:24 PM

Well, does anyone want to get together for dinner or a snack? If you do, I will keep track of the names and make a reservation.

Bonnie organized it last year and she is not coming this year either!

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/31/06 08:45 PM

I'm getting in at 2pm on Saturday. Having the rest of the day free I think it would be fun to get a group together of those of us not lugging around families to all go to one of the Disney or Universal parks for the day. Anyone interested?
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 05/31/06 09:51 PM

I'd love to go, but can't get the expense approved. Watching our pennies here.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 12:55 PM

Quote:

As an aside, did anyone else notice in the final program that next year's conference (2007) will be in Atlanta, GA, not in the DC area as it has traditionally been in odd years? Also, next year, the conference is scheduled one week earlier than previous years - usually starts the second Sunday in June, but next year it's June 3 - 6, 2007.

Did you not know that were moving the Capitol to Atlanta? Guess I'll definitly be attending next year. We'll have to see what we can do to show y'all a good time.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 01:02 PM

I hope to be there, too, if it's in Atlanta next year. So close!

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 01:10 PM

It does seem odd that they would have it two years in a row in the Southeast.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 01:39 PM

That is odd. Not that I don't like Atlanta, I enjoy visiting there. I wonder why the move? Everything in DC booked?

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 01:51 PM

Maybe General Sherman is chairing the committee.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 01:56 PM

I don't think they will laugh in Atlanta!

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 05:43 PM

Down here we just refer to him as Sherman the arsonist.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 05:46 PM

Up north, he is known as Sherman the Wacko!
Posted By: EllenA

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 06:28 PM

Actually, it will be three years in a row in the southeast, Baltimore, Orlando, Atlanta -- I'm happy as long as it is not NYC -- I'd have to "live" home and wouldn't be able to party-hardy.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 07:44 PM

Trust me, Baltimore is not the Southeast. Just because it is south of NYC and on the east coast does not make it Southeast. I consider Baltimore to be DC area or mid-Atlantic. Granted, Baltimore was largely sympathetic to the Confederate cause in the Late Unpleasantness, but even so at best Maryland was a border state.

Since ABA has traditionally held the conference in the DC area in odd years, it didn't seem odd to have it in Baltimore last year and Orlando this year.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 07:50 PM

Quote:

Up north, he is known as Sherman the Wacko!

he also helped avoid years of more bloodshed. he was the atom bomb of the 1860's

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 07:57 PM

I view Baltimore as in keeping with the every other year in the DC area.
Posted By: EllenA

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 07:58 PM

I had a thought that they might have gone with New Orleans, you know, as a way to support the city and help restore tourism. Totally switching gears here, on MSNBC today they have an article of hot things to do in Atlanta under the Travel section.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 08:02 PM

Quote:

hot things to do in Atlanta

is being there one of them?

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 08:16 PM

Quote:

I had a thought that they might have gone with New Orleans, you know, as a way to support the city and help restore tourism. Totally switching gears here, on MSNBC today they have an article of hot things to do in Atlanta under the Travel section.

The BAI conference will be in New Orleans (if there is a New Orleans) next year.

But back to my question... who's getting in Saturday -- I want to get a fun group together (that means no kids!!!).
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 09:30 PM

I'll be there but not until Sunday, around lunch time. Hubbie flying in Wednesday evening and we will "do Disney" Thursday and Friday - been long, long, long time since we've been there.

I only drink Ice Tea but I'd love to join y'all for "drinks, snacks etc" Anyone going to the Tuesday Night on the Town at Epcot? Might be a good place organize a gathering of the BOL Threads I don't look anything like my avator - thank goodness - but given the right situation I might jump up and down like that!! See you all in Florida in 10 days (and yes I am counting )

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/01/06 09:39 PM

I'll be there Saturday.
Posted By: David Dickinson

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 12:49 AM

I'm flying in on Friday and staying until the next Friday. However, I have the wife and 3 kids with me. They're going to be taking up my free (non-conference) time. Be sure to say "hi" if you see me, but I'll have to skip a BOL get together this year.
Posted By: Princess Leia

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 03:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That sounds like something I would say! I nearly melted last year ... and expect to this year.

I vote for someplace NORTH in 2008!

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 05:44 AM

It was hot in Baltimore last year! I forgot about that. A friend and I took a water taxi one night just to get a breeze!

They should do Maine one year.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 12:00 PM

I LOVE Maine!! I'd probably pay myself just to go there

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 12:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That sounds like something I would say! I nearly melted last year ... and expect to this year.

I vote for someplace NORTH in 2008!

Yes, Atlanta in June will definitely be hot. Bring shorts.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 12:43 PM

It's going to be really hot in Orlando this year too. It reached 100 degrees here last Saturday afternoon and we're a little north of Orlando.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 01:54 PM

Quote:

It's going to be really hot in Orlando this year too. It reached 100 degrees here last Saturday afternoon and we're a little north of Orlando.

They won't send people to Mpls in January - this is cruel & unusual punishment
Posted By: RFitzpatrick

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 04:38 PM

Anyone have any suggestions on how we could "mark" our name tags to identify other BOLers? It looks like they are giving out colored dots for asset size and stars for new attendees.

Although I'm sure everyone at the conference must be a BOL user, should we just write in our BOL name somewhere?

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 05:05 PM

I kind of prefer the mystery, but I'll buy a drink for any woman who can identify me. But if you already know, don't go telling anyone else
Posted By: RebekahL CRCM

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/02/06 05:48 PM

I'm arriving early Wednesday with my guy. We plan to go to the Gulf side for a couple of days on the beach. We don't have any kids, but it is pretty safe to say I won't be available to dine with y'all on Saturday night. I haven't signed up for the Tuesday night on the town yet.... is it worth it?

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/05/06 09:59 PM

Count me in. Arriving sometime Saturday. Drinks and snacks sounds good to me. It would be great to see my BOL buddies, but no Mary Beth, Andy, etc. wow, bummer.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/08/06 01:32 AM

Looks like Magic, Soccer Mom, Incredible and I are there for Saturday evening. Want to meet in lobby around 8...Jim,did you say that was a good time for you? I will need food by that time but it doesn't have to be elaborate.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/08/06 01:36 AM

i wish i could be there. i think it would be hilarious for that table to meet me.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/08/06 01:42 AM

you overestimate your social significance. the banter will be most agreeable despite your absence.

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/08/06 02:23 AM

I just might have to drive the 45 minutes to come meet all of you

Or you could all swing by my house in Daytona for a drink

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/08/06 02:40 AM

Hmmm, so, do I show up and reveal my secret identity??
Posted By: slick

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/08/06 03:02 AM

Quote:

I just might have to drive the 45 minutes to come meet all of you

Or you could all swing by my house in Daytona for a drink

i'll come down for a drink if your buying....
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: ABA Compliance Conference -- June in Orlando - 06/09/06 08:48 PM

Quote:

Hmmm, so, do I show up and reveal my secret identity??

Well, you could print your avatar really big and wear it as a mask. Eating and drinking with your fellow BOLers might be harder and you'll draw some attention to yourself.

Wish I were there. Y'all have a really good time.