girls calling guys

Posted By: XODUS

girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:17 PM

When is it ok for a girl to call a guy she likes?
Posted By: Dip

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:19 PM

girls can call first, but dont call him again until he calls you, unless you knwo he is expecting you to call and you wont come off as overbearing or desperate
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:20 PM

I agree with Dip, presumably, I wouldn't have his phone number if he wasn't interested.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:29 PM

I'm sure glad that a girl 13 years ago had the courage to make the first three calls to me. Guess I was either gutless, clueless or some combination of both. But nine years of wonderful marriage later it is a good thing that she did!
Posted By: Bengals Fan

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:30 PM

I thought girls and guys were supposed to be equals?

Just freaking call! You won't come off as overbearing of desperate if you call more than once. Heck, if he calls you every time, does that make him overbearing or desperate?
Posted By: Dip

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:30 PM

heehee, i mkae one of my boys call me...so he calls every few days, and i never have to call him :-P
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:31 PM

Please call me.

Signed, A Guy.
Posted By: Beige

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:35 PM

It's much more direct that staring at someone for 4 seconds!!

I've come to the conclusion that if I want to call a guy, or tell him how I feel, I'm going to just do it. If he doesn't like it....screw it!! Don't want someone that's going to hold an interpreted "too quick" call over my head! Just not worth my time!

Worked quite nicely with my bf!! Called him 2 hrs after we met....he loved it!
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:37 PM

Hmm.. interesting question... so if this guy and girl are in different states... then what?
Posted By: Carly Girl

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:37 PM

Wow, I guess I must be more old school than I thought. Maybe thats why Im still single. No actually, I made the first move once and I wont do it again. I wont let my daughter call her boyfriend unless he has called first. My vote was only 2%. Thats bad.....

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:46 PM

Guess in order for her to call.. she'd have to be given his number right... that is... unless she was the stalker type and had her own means of knowing this type of thing...
Posted By: Ops

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:48 PM

I made the first call to my husband. It took an absurd amount of thought before I did, though.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:48 PM

Quote:

Guess in order for her to call.. she'd have to be given his number right... that is... unless she was the stalker type and had her own means of knowing this type of thing...

Assuming he gave her his number... that'd be a sign then that he'd be interested in hearing from her... right?
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 08:55 PM

Back in my dating days...I would call a guy.
Posted By: steven1950

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:13 PM

I must be pathetic; no girl ever called me.
Posted By: mariposa

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:20 PM

What's your phone number???? I'm going to be in SFO for a meeting at the Fed tomorrow. . .

Quote:

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:21 PM

Quote:

Hmm.. interesting question... so if this guy and girl are in different states... then what?

Are you claiming women are unable to pluck said number from mens' brains?

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:22 PM

Xodus... look what've done.. now steven1950 will know how it feels for a gal to call him... no more pathetic Steven...

And Steven, I'm sure plenty of women have called ya...

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Nope... we women are a smart breed...

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:26 PM

Quote:

Xodus... look what've done.. now steven1950 will know how it feels for a gal to call him... no more pathetic Steven...

It's true, I never received any calls from any women. Worked out OK though. I made a couple of calls and got married a year later. We've been married fourteen years.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nope... we women are a smart breed...

My mother proved to me when I was young that not only did the exterior body parts look different between woman and men, but women also had cerebral differences as well. Sure, guys might be better at math, but not many of us have invisible eyes in the back of our heads, can tell whenever someone lies to them, and can tell when we are thinking about doing something wrong!

So, I figure surely the female psychic abilities go as far as instinctively knowing the phone number of any guy they are interested in, or at least being able to make 4 seconds worth of eye contact, and asking a question, you know, like "Can I have your number, hotstuff?"

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's true, I never received any calls from any women. Worked out OK though. I made a couple of calls and got married a year later. We've been married fourteen years.

Well.. then ya didn't need those females calling anyways...
Posted By: Kara R.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:35 PM

I was the one who made the first contact with my husband. However, instead of calling, I sent him an email. I remember I asked him if he would want to get together to watch NCAA basketball sometime. He called me a few days later...apparently there is a 3 day rule...and we have been together ever since.
Posted By: CubDave

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:36 PM

I have been out of the "game" for awhile, but I find it hard to believe this question would even have to be asked anymore. I loved it any time I would be fortunate enough to have a girl make the first call.
Posted By: mariposa

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:37 PM

I've got the number and will be calling Steve tomorrow. . .and hope his wife doesn't mind!

Quote:

Quote:

Posted By: rainman

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:39 PM

Quote:

If you were conservative, they would have called!
Posted By: CubDave

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:40 PM

Quote:

I was the one who made the first contact with my husband. However, instead of calling, I sent him an email. I remember I asked him if he would want to get together to watch NCAA basketball sometime. He called me a few days later...apparently there is a 3 day rule...and we have been together ever since.

The Golden Jackpot - a girl called him AND called him to watch some college hoops. That is a charmed man you got there, Kara.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No, if I was 80 lbs. lighter and not bald as a que ball they might (??) have called. I'm not complaining, though. I have a very beautiful and loving wife.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:45 PM

You've learned well from your mother how smart, wise and intelligent the human breed known as: woman... can be.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, if I was 80 lbs. lighter and not bald as a que ball they might (??) have called. I'm not complaining, though. I have a very beautiful and loving wife.

How now.. some women love healthy men who have que ball heads...

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 09:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The Golden Jackpot - a girl called him AND called him to watch some college hoops. That is a charmed man you got there, Kara.

Yep, and he learned another talent of mine last night at his baseball game...I actually know how to keep score. RBI, FO, GO, K, etc.

Pays to know a thing or two about sports!
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 10:30 PM

Quote:

Please call me.

Signed, A Guy.

Ok Swim, I am calling you. SWIMWARE WERE ARE YOU??????
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 10:39 PM

In a galaxy close to home.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/14/06 10:51 PM

Quote:

In a galaxy close to home.

Well send me your number and I will call you.
Posted By: pjs

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 12:49 PM

Quote:

Well, did you want them to?

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 02:00 PM

I agree with ThatGirl.

My daughter is 16 years old and she will not call a guy unless he has made contact (phone contact, not physical contact)first.

I remember when my son was 12 years old and girls would call him. They would try and schedule meetings at the movies or mall. Often times these girls were considered aggressive and teases.

As a teenager, I don't want my daughter to be that desperate for male companionship. Youth are quick to place labels on their peers. Simply put, a girl that is a tease and aggressor often has a label that is not becoming.

I may be old-fashioned, but that is how I see it.
Posted By: DEL

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 04:31 PM

I don't see why a girl shouldn't call a guy. When I was single I never hesitated to do the asking. I figured if a guy was turned off by my initiative, he probably wasn't looking for a relationship with an equal and I was better off without him. Also, since I knew how it felt to take the risk, and sometimes get turned down, I was never cruel to guys either.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 04:33 PM

Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

My daughter is 16 years old and she will not call a guy unless he has made contact (phone contact, not physical contact)first.

So are you saying women shouldn't be equal to men? That they should not only refrain from calling men first, but should also be treated as subordinates in the workplace?
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 05:03 PM

Any of you pretty ladies are welcome to call me first -- PM me for my #

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 05:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

So are you saying women shouldn't be equal to men? That they should not only refrain from calling men first, but should also be treated as subordinates in the workplace?

you wouldnt be trying to start a political debate now would you BF?

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 05:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

you wouldnt be trying to start a political debate now would you BF?

No, but as a guy who normally can't read a signal to tell him a woman is interested any better than I can read a Haiku written in Japanese, I get so frustrated by women who never take the first step, expecting men to be responsible for this, yet want equal rights in everything else!

Next we will hear the argument that women should get equal pay for the same job, but not be at all responsible for any expenses incurred during the dating period....

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 06:08 PM

About expense incurred in the dating process... this is just my thoughts.. and mine alone..

I've never understood why women will take a man for everything they think they can get their hands on... meaning.. if ya go out to dinner... why do ya have to order the most expensive menu item... knowing ya might not really like it... I mean heck... maybe I was raised different.... but I was taught... if ya wouldn't go into the resturant and order the menu item and pay for it yourself... then ya should carry those same habits into the dating world. So.. if I'm not gonna pay $15.00 for a plate when I'm by myself.. then I'm sure not gonna expect the guy to do it.

Another thing... I never... never... go out on a date without taking more than enough money. Never know what might happen. Had a friend who was out on a date and the guy didn't have enough money for both of them.. and then decided to tell her to pay for her own.

Maybe I'm wrong.. but I've never learned to take the guy for all he had like most women do these days.

Hmm.. maybe why I'm still single...

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 06:31 PM

Its my job, BF, to give you a hard time. My thoughts are women rights are they should NOT be police officers, nor firemen, nor any other man handling job that requires strength that women just simply do not have. But dont step all over us either just because we are women. If I work too to help pay the bills, by golly my husbnad can help take care of the children. If I dont work, then its the womans job.

Im sure this post will open a can of worms with those who believe in equal rights, but remember, this is merely MY OPINION only.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 06:38 PM

Quote:

Its my job, BF, to give you a hard time. My thoughts are women rights are they should NOT be police officers, nor firemen, nor any other man handling job that requires strength that women just simply do not have. But dont step all over us either just because we are women. If I work too to help pay the bills, by golly my husbnad can help take care of the children. If I dont work, then its the womans job.

Im sure this post will open a can of worms with those who believe in equal rights, but remember, this is merely MY OPINION only.

I think traditional roles are outdated. Women made them so when they started burning their bras in the streets decades ago. So throw out the old completely, not just where it suits you! CALL THE BOYS!
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 06:47 PM

Call 'em and when they answer....hang up!

(hey...it worked in 3rd grade)

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 06:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think traditional roles are outdated. Women made them so when they started burning their bras in the streets decades ago. So throw out the old completely, not just where it suits you! CALL THE BOYS!

You'd burn those suckers too if ya had to wear them... somtimes they are such a pain and totally uncomfortable....
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 06:55 PM

I guess I am old school. I always thought calling the guy first would make me look desparate. Once the guy calls, and establishes that he is interested, then, if you are interested too, I don't see any reason not to pursue it.
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 07:03 PM

Quote:

I guess I am old school. I always thought calling the guy first would make me look desparate. Once the guy calls, and establishes that he is interested, then, if you are interested too, I don't see any reason not to pursue it.

Desperate women are the best kind
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 07:04 PM

Hmmmmm....I've been thinking about forwarding this thread to Ms. Manners....

Each person, man or woman, has different comfort levels in approaching someone they are interested in....not taking in to account old or new "values".....if you, as an individual man or woman, feel comfortable making the first contact....make it....if you don't then don't....it's strictly an individual's choice....

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 07:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You'd burn those suckers too if ya had to wear them... somtimes they are such a pain and totally uncomfortable....

Yeah, and you know why? Because a man was tired of having to call so he invented them with underwires! And right after that he thought up really pointy, tall high heeled shoes!

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 07:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, and you know why? Because a man was tired of having to call so he invented them with underwires! And right after that he thought up really pointy, tall high heeled shoes!

ROFL... the dang underwires are the worst... especially when they pop and stab ya... no wonder we women are cranky... all freaking day at the work place.. no way we can leave and go home and change... and can't very well pull the underwire out of the side that's pop... being lop-sided just isn't attractive...

Shoes... now that's my love... One thing man did right...

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 07:25 PM

I think a woman should and can work any job she desires, just as any man would do. I do not believe in "woman's work" or "man's work". That's why I've killed spiders and my husband has changed diapers. Women can be police officers, firefigthers and members of the armed forces. Men can be nurses, teachers, and stay-at-home full-time caregivers.

Life is too short to play games. If you like someone, the best way to let them know is to tell them.

Suzy
Posted By: Beige

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 07:41 PM

Totally agree that women or men can fit just about any bill. I really like taking care of my man, the home, the kids...it fits for me.

Meanwhile....im working because I have to. Old fashioned works for me though.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 07:52 PM

but I dont have anybody to call.
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 08:02 PM

Quote:

About expense incurred in the dating process... this is just my thoughts.. and mine alone..

I've never understood why women will take a man for everything they think they can get their hands on... meaning.. if ya go out to dinner... why do ya have to order the most expensive menu item... knowing ya might not really like it... I mean heck... maybe I was raised different.... but I was taught... if ya wouldn't go into the resturant and order the menu item and pay for it yourself... then ya should carry those same habits into the dating world. So.. if I'm not gonna pay $15.00 for a plate when I'm by myself.. then I'm sure not gonna expect the guy to do it.

Another thing... I never... never... go out on a date without taking more than enough money. Never know what might happen. Had a friend who was out on a date and the guy didn't have enough money for both of them.. and then decided to tell her to pay for her own.

Maybe I'm wrong.. but I've never learned to take the guy for all he had like most women do these days.

1. No, you are not wrong, not at all. You are right on the money, so to speak.
2. With that perspective on dating, you won't be single long, in my estimation.
3. How far is Texas from New Jersey?

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 08:07 PM

Quote:

Any of you pretty ladies are welcome to call me first -- PM me for my #

Don't you think your wife might have a problem with that?

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 08:09 PM

Quote:

Boy, I better not show this to any of my women cop friends. The might want to show you how well a woman can hadle the job. Believe it or not, they are not masculine looking at all.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 08:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

1. No, you are not wrong, not at all. You are right on the money, so to speak.
2. With that perspective on dating, you won't be single long, in my estimation.
3. How far is Texas from New Jersey?

1. Good... I'm glad you agreed... hehehe
2. Well... not sure about that... seems the guys love when women take advantage of them... they continue to seek this type of personality in females.
3. Est time... 27 hours 6 mins, Est distance... 1744.15 miles - and that's driving non-stop...
Posted By: RandomName

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 08:31 PM

Quote:

but I dont have anybody to call.

Have you tried The Incredible Comply Guy? Rumor has it that he's fielding calls.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 09:00 PM

He's nice and all but I try to avoid the married ones...........
Posted By: file queen

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 09:24 PM

Quote:

...apparently there is a 3 day rule...

Aarrgghh! Who thought up the 3 day rule? I don't mind being the one to call, but if a guy says he will call me, then call me. If he waits 3 days, I've moved on to someone else!

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 09:38 PM

for me... with a certain guy... it was over 4 or 5 months before I knew he wanted me to call him back... talk about missing the clue.... But needless to say... I finally got the clue... called... and I enjoyed talking to him. Now... it's his turn to call back... ROFL...
Posted By: XODUS

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 09:48 PM

sounds like your kind of snobby to me T. c'mon catch a clue.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/15/06 09:58 PM

Quote:

sounds like your kind of snobby to me T. c'mon catch a clue.

Oh J... didn't realize ya were giving me one... I'll do better next time...I promise... hehehe...

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 12:28 AM

Quote:

....apparently there is a 3 day rule...

Maybe they're abiding by the requirements of 226.15 and 226.23....... .....if you don't call back and cancel your request by midnight of the 3rd day then they know it's OK to call you back....
Posted By: ~~~izzo~~~

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 12:34 AM

Quote:

girls can call first, but dont call him again until he calls you, unless you knwo he is expecting you to call and you wont come off as overbearing or desperate

I agree with Dip. A girl should call a guy if she's interested. Once. I asked my hubby out on our first date (he said yes) After that, it was up to him to call me. (he did)
Posted By: ~~~izzo~~~

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 12:45 AM

Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

I remember when my son was 12 years old and girls would call him. They would try and schedule meetings at the movies or mall. Often times these girls were considered aggressive and teases.

As a teenager, I don't want my daughter to be that desperate for male companionship. Youth are quick to place labels on their peers. Simply put, a girl that is a tease and aggressor often has a label that is not becoming.

Just because a woman calls/emails/talks to a guy first does not automatically make her desperate, aggressive, or a tease. In my case, I was confident in myself. I knew my husband was attracted to me but he was afraid I wouldn't give a guy like him the time of day. So, I decided to put him out of his misery and ask HIM out. See? Women can be extremely kind when making that first move.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 03:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe they're abiding by the requirements of 226.15 and 226.23....... .....if you don't call back and cancel your request by midnight of the 3rd day then they know it's OK to call you back....

Dan, You really need a break. You probably whisper sweet regulations in a girl's ear instead of sweet nothings.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 01:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

Just because a woman calls/emails/talks to a guy first does not automatically make her desperate, aggressive, or a tease. In my case, I was confident in myself. I knew my husband was attracted to me but he was afraid I wouldn't give a guy like him the time of day. So, I decided to put him out of his misery and ask HIM out. See? Women can be extremely kind when making that first move.

YES YES YES YES YES! GOOD FOR YOU IZZO! Seriously, why should men always be the ones to make the first move? Are we always desperate, aggressive or a tease when we call?

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 01:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dan, You really need a break. You probably whisper sweet regulations in a girl's ear instead of sweet nothings.

It keeps him from being attacked! Don't forget, Dan's a playa! And... "He's too sexy for his regs too sexy for his regs so sexy it hurts!"

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 01:37 PM

And one needs to know the penalties for early withdrawals and premature disbursements.........

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 01:53 PM

Quote:

And one needs to know the penalties for early withdrawals and premature disbursements.........

This from Dan? You really have come out of your shell!

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 02:33 PM

ROFL...

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 03:26 PM

Quote:

ROFL...

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does "ROFL" mean? Thank you.
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 03:26 PM

Anbody else think we need to check the basement of Dan's house for pods?

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 03:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ROFL...

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does "ROFL" mean? Thank you.

Internet noobie alert!!! *tease*

Rolling On the Floor Laughing

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 03:29 PM

ROFL....rolling on floor laughing

ROFLMAO....rolling on floor laughing my @ss off

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 03:36 PM

Quote:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 05:33 PM

I also don't understand why some men and women expect men to pay for everything while dating. My husband and I switched off paying for dinner when we were dating. He had a hard time getting used to it at first, but I felt that I was perfectly capable of helping out.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 06:02 PM

Quote:

I also don't understand why some men and women expect men to pay for everything while dating. My husband and I switched off paying for dinner when we were dating. He had a hard time getting used to it at first, but I felt that I was perfectly capable of helping out.

Hey Kara, can you talk to the young lady I'm dating and let her know that works? I made the mistake of paying for dinner the first time when went out, and ever since, I think she expects it. I don't want to seem cheap by suggesting she join in now!

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 06:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........

Well we aren't giving this Dan back. He is ours now.

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 07:34 PM

Well for now anyways....but once the BSA responsibilities get shifted to me in the next 60 to 90 days...plus the ACH and IT auditing....you may not see as much of me......

Re: girls calling guys - 06/16/06 08:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Kara, can you talk to the young lady I'm dating and let her know that works? I made the mistake of paying for dinner the first time when went out, and ever since, I think she expects it. I don't want to seem cheap by suggesting she join in now!

Wish I could help! Not sure how you could get out of always paying unless you are just honest with her...and that depends on how serious the relationship is!