BankersOnline Rocks

Posted By: MB Guy

BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 01:37 PM

Not sure if this has been done before, but I just wanted to say how great this site it and to thank everyone who is involved with it.

There are so many times when I just can't seem to find a satisfactory answer to the millions of compliance questions each day and I am 99% of the time able to find them here.

So, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here and tell them how much I appreciate this site and the people that work here, it and you are invaluable, thanks again!
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 01:47 PM

I second that emotion! You people save me time and steer me in the right direction. Even just to confirm I am on the right path is a major stress reliever! Thanx to all who help me. I hope some of my answers help you too.
Posted By: Maxx

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 01:52 PM

Ditto! Great Job everyone!
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 01:58 PM

you are welcome, mark.

Posted By: MB Guy

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 01:59 PM

Quote:

you are welcome, mark.

Definitely a great place, well, obviously, with the exception of a few "know-it-alls" lolololol........
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

you are welcome, mark.

Definitely a great place, well, obviously, with the exception of a few "know-it-alls" lolololol........

Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:17 PM

I'm even grateful for the 'know-it-alls'!
Thanks BOL...you've truly been a lifesaver!
Posted By: A_G

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:19 PM

Quote:

Ditto! Great Job everyone!

Agreed. Thanks all!
Posted By: BBoyd

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:31 PM

I'll add my kudos as well. Thanks to Mary Beth for her vision and for all the gurus who make us look much smarter than we really are!!
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:33 PM

I agree. This site is a great resource to have. It has helped me learn so much (banking and otherwise).
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:34 PM

I visit every day and love the knowledge I have gained, and the friendships I have made. THANKS BOL!!
Posted By: P*Q

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:43 PM

Ditto BQ's sentiments!
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:50 PM

Double Ditto BQ's comments!!!

Sad as it may sound, I have found myself checking the threads in the middle of the night when I can't sleep
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:53 PM

And it's a great place to meet chicks...
Posted By: Skittles

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 02:55 PM

I have come to rely on BOL for information, education, and friends. There are many of you out there who I consider my friend even though we don't know each other's true names or locations. Weird, huh?
Posted By: gone

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 03:03 PM

I agree Skittles. I'll talk to my sister or husband about my friend Skittles or my friend in California, etc. and they'll just say "oh, from BOL"

This is a great site and very addictive.
Thanks all.
Posted By: deppfan

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 03:18 PM

I concur. Couldn't do it without you all!
Posted By: Sing A Little

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 03:23 PM

I originally came to the threads to find an answer to a Risk question...and I became hooked! Though I haven't been here long, I really enjoy sharing banking knowledge and chatting about other topics. Thanks to everyone for being so friendly!
Posted By: Lissa P.

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 03:21 PM

I think it's an amazing resource and I can't imagine trying to do this job at all without BOL and the internet in general. I am grateful for those who take their time to answer so many questions on a daily basis. And it's free!
Posted By: Buddy Love

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 03:24 PM

Bankersonline rocks? I thought they were putting out a CD. If they did, what songs would be on it?

It's Money that Matters - Randy Newman
Money - Pink Floyd
Money (It's What I Want) - The Beatles
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
Posted By: Reg Gal

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 03:25 PM

Nice job BOL! An thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge,insight, humor and especially your friendship.
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 03:27 PM

I, for one, would be lost with out BOL...the entire site is a treasure! And, I can't thank everyone enough for all the help I've received!!!
Posted By: Peepers

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 03:46 PM

I appreciate all the work those involved with this site have done.

I appreciate all the help I’ve received and the knowledge that has been passed on by numerouse gurus and others.

I also appreciate the laughs.

However, I do miss the anons.

(just kidding, about the anons that is)

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:03 PM

Quote:

I appreciate all the work those involved with this site have done.

I appreciate all the help I’ve received and the knowledge that has been passed on by numerouse gurus and others.

I also appreciate the laughs.

However, I do miss the anons.

(just kidding, about the anons that is)

Not to mention all the virtual BK quad-stackers and jerky.
Posted By: pjs

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:06 PM

I have to say it has been wonderful. I've learned alot and I appreciate all the help and knowledge I can get from this site.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:06 PM

What a great thread!

I'm very new here, but visit every day, read a lot, and have learned a ton. Thanks so much to everyone who contributes and shares their knowledge about banking.

I only just discovered the Water Cooler and the Couch in the past few days... great way for me to take a short break a couple times a day - thanks! The only problem is I have to stifle my laughter here at my desk (some of you all are quite hilarious!) or co-workers will know I'm up to something!

Plus, someone up there ^^^^ said BOL is a great place to meet chicks... so I assume it's a great place to meet the man of my (compliance) dreams, too, right? LOL

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:11 PM

Quote:

Plus, someone up there ^^^^ said BOL is a great place to meet chicks... so I assume it's a great place to meet the man of my (compliance) dreams, too, right? LOL

If you like Burger King and the guy drumming his fingers(the pic is a cutie)etc... then you have come to the right place.

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:13 PM

Quote:

Bankersonline rocks? I thought they were putting out a CD. If they did, what songs would be on it?

It's Money that Matters - Randy Newman
Money - Pink Floyd
Money (It's What I Want) - The Beatles
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits

You forgot some:

It's All About the Benjamins - Diddy feat. Foo Fighters version
If I Had A Million Dollars - BNL
Gimme Some Money - Spinal Tap

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If you like Burger King and the guy drumming his fingers(the pic is a cutie)etc... then you have come to the right place.

Hmmm... Burger King, huh? There must be a story there! Maybe I'll run across it as I read old threads!

lol I do like the pic of the guy drumming his fingers, and The Incredible Comply Guy and I are in the same geographic area and share the same birthday (along with Elvis Presley and David Bowie), I just discovered from looking at his profile! Too funny!
Posted By: Countess Kiwi

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:16 PM

Quote:

I have come to rely on BOL for information, education, and friends. There are many of you out there who I consider my friend even though we don't know each other's true names or locations. Weird, huh?

Ditto that sentiment. Thanks BOL and the people involved for everything.

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm even more of a cutie in person
Posted By: tahdah

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 04:52 PM

BOL has helped out when I have had work questions - great resource!
Couch has helped out with a couple of issues as well.
But most enjoy the watercooler.
Posted By: Dip

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 05:29 PM

i love BOL. seriously...I might even marry it.

actually, i have been toying with the idea of buying the BOL sweatshirt and having "Dip" emboidered on the sleeve just above the cuff. I know, I'm a nerd.
Posted By: Ops

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 05:30 PM

Dip, you're so "special."

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 05:58 PM

Quote:

Dip, you're so "special."

I get that a lot

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 05:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm sure you are!
Posted By: homestar

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 05:59 PM

Quote:

actually, i have been toying with the idea of buying the BOL sweatshirt and having "Dip" emboidered on the sleeve just above the cuff. I know, I'm a nerd.

Dip, I agree, you'll be a nerd if you get your screen name embroidered on your BOL shirt, but you'll be cool again when you get a BOL tattoo with your screen name! You could go see Chris Garver at Miami Ink to get it. Maybe you'd even end up on the show.

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 06:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm sure you are!

Ditto! Or at least "just as" cute...
Posted By: CubDave

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 06:20 PM

Quote:

Don't do it - not to be downer on this "yeah BOL" thread (which is deserved), but when I got a sweatshirt a couple years ago for being the winner of the month, it is not a comfortable piece of clothing. Sorry BOL, but I am a marketer, and the company apparel has got to be comfy for it to be worn.

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 06:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Don't do it - not to be downer on this "yeah BOL" thread (which is deserved), but when I got a sweatshirt a couple years ago for being the winner of the month, it is not a comfortable piece of clothing. Sorry BOL, but I am a marketer, and the company apparel has got to be comfy for it to be worn.

i just love getting new sweatshirts, expecially at the beginning of fall (ok, so like, november here in southern cali). i love hwo the fleece inside is still so soft and warm. and then you wash it a few times and it gets all scratchy cuz the fleece has pilled up. sad to hear the BOL sweatshirt is no good. I guess i'll have to go to miami now to get inked...."Dip" right on my hip
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 06:35 PM

Thanks Mary Beth, Michele, John, and Andy (and anyone else whom I forgot) for making BOL one-stop shopping for compliance information, education, forms, research, dialogue with other professionals, support and advice, letting-down-the-hair fun, and passionate debates. A veritable financial cyberspace Wal Mart!

As the man to the left sang, "I couldn't have made it without you. Here's to the [BOL] band!"
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 06:47 PM

There are many behind the scenes people you don't see or hear from, but they do see these threads and we all appreciate these comments.

And remember, some of us like BOL so much, we joined the company.

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 07:00 PM

Quote:

LOL Dip
Posted By: MaryRink

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 09:25 PM

I have both the black and the red sweatshirts. I really like them and am waiting for a new color-like purple.
Posted By: Buddy Love

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 08/31/06 09:34 PM

Want a laugh? Go ahead and click to enlarge this picture: BOL Sweater
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 09/01/06 08:39 PM

I really want to get the Whack a lender (ok mole) shirt and wear it on casual day.

Thanks everybody for all you do. I am always talking about things I "hear" on BOL. People think I have imaginary friends.
Posted By: Citrus

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 09/01/06 09:12 PM

I agree with everyone - BOL rocks! (Made my job much easier - that is, when I had one! )
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 09/01/06 09:34 PM

Quote:

I agree with everyone - BOL rocks! (Made my job much easier - that is, when I had one! )

How are you doing MT? I see that new Aflac commercial on TV (the guy falling off the ladder) and I think of you and hope you are getting better.
Posted By: Citrus

Re: BankersOnline Rocks - 09/01/06 09:47 PM

Oh - I haven't seen THAT commercial yet! Oh my!

Well, I don't want to highjack this thread - but I'm doing fairly well - I am being scheduled for surgery to have the hardware removed from both legs. I'll be down for 6-8 weeks and then I should be able to be back out there job-searching again! (Yep - This has been an ordeal!)(Thanks for asking.) I try to visit BOL often enough to keep informed!