Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze

Posted By: Bimmer

Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 03:56 PM

Tomkitten's first poop immortalised

By Tracey Cooper → More by this author
Published Friday 1st September 2006 12:43 GMT

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes (aka TomKat) have kept 19-week-old daughter Suri well out of the public eye, but the world was given an unusual preview of the much-speculated over sprog with a bronze cast commemorating her first poop popping up on eBay.

The life-size replica poop, a work of Daniel Edwards, the same artist that brought us the controversial nude Britney Spears birthing sculpture, is currently being shown at the Capla Kesting gallery in Brooklyn, New York, while the auction is taking place.

At time of writing, bidding for the repro stool stood at $7,000. The auction is running till 9 September, with all proceeds of the excretion going to charity.

According to Stuff.co.nz, gallery director David Kesting said: "A bronzed cast of baby's first poop can be a meaningful memento for the family. A baby's first meal of solid food may be a baby's first meal at the dinner table."

The Capla Gallery insists the sculpture - which was also reportedly based on the popular children's book Everybody Poops - has great depth and is actually a social comment on the culture of celebrity.

A spokesman told the site: "It's partially a statement on modern media that 'celebrity poop' has more entertainment value than health, famine or other critical issues facing society and governments today."

For the record, one eBayers question as to whether the sculpture actually is Suri's poop that has been encased in bronze, was answered thus: "Unfortunately, organic material burns in the heat required to cast bronze. Therefore, Daniel Edwards rendered her first solid defecation as close to the artistic eye as possible." So, we guess that means this is more of tribute poop than anything else.

Lovely.

For those that miss out on the auction, a limited number of plastic replicas will also be up for grabs.
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 03:59 PM

I wish all of the Cruises would GO AWAY. ENOUGH...
Posted By: Bimmer

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 04:00 PM

Quote:

I wish all of the Cruises would GO AWAY. ENOUGH...

I wish they would too. But I just can't believe this one. Wait a second, maybe I can.

It's for sale on e-bay right now if anyone want's to buy it.
Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 04:02 PM

Somebody bid $7000 for this?
Unbelievable.
I want to punch whoever is wasting their money on this right in the face...think of the good they could do with it!
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 04:19 PM

Hey, I can't believe half the junk they sell on e-bay, and there are people out there with money to waste I guess.

I don't believe the bronze poop thing tho. I think it is an urban legend. Oops! Wrong thread!
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 04:55 PM

funny, but I don't remember my kids having solid poop at the age of 19 weeks...
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 04:58 PM

Please....PLEASE...tell me this isn't true.
Posted By: AngelinaLM

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 05:00 PM

Quote:

Somebody bid $7000 for this?
Unbelievable.
I want to punch whoever is wasting their money on this right in the face...think of the good they could do with it!

It's probably them on the computer late at night bidding on it, because they want to get someone to meet their reserve.
Posted By: Just Suzy

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 05:06 PM

Good grief. Whatever happened to just bronzing the baby shoes? You gotta hand it to this artist though. He certainly knows how to get people excited and how to sell his work.
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 05:33 PM

I would think it would be more of a bronze smear or something...do 19 week old babies even have solid poop? I've never seen it...
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 05:31 PM

His work looks like crap.

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 05:50 PM

Quote:

Please....PLEASE...tell me this isn't true.

Unfortunately, it is.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060830/od_afp/afpentertainmentusarts
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 05:54 PM

Bronze poop!?

That must have hurt like [censored]!
Posted By: Ops

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 05:55 PM

Well isn't that just a load?
Posted By: Snowqueen

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 05:56 PM

How can her poop be bronze when she's only fed by a silver spoon?
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 06:06 PM

Shouldn't the first poop be gold, the second poop silver, and the third poop bronze?
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 06:21 PM

Sorry. I don't believe it. Cruise is nuts, but not that nuts. I think the media is making it up because he and Katie want to keep their child out of the limelight, and the press can't get their precious pictures.

I mean, they paid millions for pictures of Brad and Angelina's baby. The media is nuts. And in the end, who cares? A baby looks like a baby. The only ones who would say otherwise and be that interested are the baby's parents, close family and friends. The public will glance, say, oh that's cute, and move on. Hardly worth millions.

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 06:22 PM

Quote:

Bronze poop!?

That must have hurt like [censored]!

LOL!!!
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 06:28 PM

I was gonna say... it took her 19 months to have a bowel moment... no wonder we've not seen her... then I read the article above and this is her 1st SOLID poop... either way.. solid or runny.. this is just stupid... I mean... how in the heck did that thing stand up like that in her diaper... impossible... uggh... making myself sick thinking about poop and babies diapers... one thing I just can't handle...weak stomach.... :green face:

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 06:32 PM

Quote:

I was gonna say... it took her 19 months to have a bowel moment... no wonder we've not seen her... then I read the article above and this is her 1st SOLID poop... either way.. solid or runny.. this is just stupid... I mean... how in the heck did that thing stand up like that in her diaper... impossible... uggh... making myself sick thinking about poop and babies diapers... one thing I just can't handle...weak stomach.... :green face:

LOL @ you!!!! (wuss!)
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 07:16 PM

I think the first time Dick Cheney lets out a poop they should commemorate it in bronze as well.
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 07:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

LOL @ you!!!! (wuss!)

Yes...yes...very true... I just can't stomach the smell... it's like a 45 min ordeal if I'm given poppy duty... uggh... hopefully I'll be better by the time I have my own children... if not.. daddy better be able to stomach it...better list that on the dating application... so if he's not able to change dirty diapers...then he's not worth the investment... ROFL... my poor children...
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 07:42 PM

Quote:

Shouldn't the first poop be gold, the second poop silver, and the third poop bronze?

That's funny.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 07:57 PM

Quote:

Now THAT is officially the funniest thing I've heard all day! lmbo

Ok, I don't believe this whole thing for a second. First of all, 19 week old babies don't *have* solid stools, unless my 4 nieces and nephews are abnormal, and if even if they did, nobody would *actually* be crazy enough to have it bronzed, would they? And even if someone WAS crazy enough to have this bronzed, it wouldn't be 2 people who are doing everything they can to keep their child OUT of the limelight. No way. This is all an elaborate hoax, IMHO.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 07:59 PM

It's a big joke that they were talking about on CNN or Fox News last night. The artist is using it to poke fun at society's rabid interest in the Cruise baby.

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 08:03 PM

If you read more about it, it's just a 'replication'.
I don't think Tom or Katie have anything to do with it, it's just a guy/artist type trying to make money on what he thinks it would look like.

Guess he doesn't have kids, or he'd know that wouldn't look like that...

Also, it's bidding at $41, not $7000.
Still a stupid thing to spend money on, but at least I'm not QUITE as disappointed in the human race.
At least not yet. Bidding's not over

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 08:28 PM

Quote:

I think the first time Dick Cheney lets out a poop they should commemorate it in bronze as well.

Well, if they were to do this for Clinton it would have teeth marks on it because he talks out of his a$$...
Posted By: MichelleDawn

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 08:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well, if they were to do this for Clinton it would have teeth marks on it because he talks out of his a$$...

Let me see if I get this straight:

1. Bush is an airhead - terribly disrespectful and typical of the godless liberals

2. Clinton talks out of his ass - just good old honesty and common sense.

Did I miss anything?

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 08:37 PM

I knew it. I'd never fall for such bulls**t...(so to speak)
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/01/06 08:37 PM

Why stop at bronze poop?

Why not save all of her fingernail and toenail clippings and use them to make crunchy oatmeal?

Why not save all the hair that is cut from her head and use it to make a shag throw rug?

Why not save all of her bathwater and use it to clean their vegetables?

I really should sell my ideas to the Cruises.
Posted By: pjs

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/02/06 01:15 PM

Quote:

Why stop at bronze poop?

Why not save all of her fingernail and toenail clippings and use them to make crunchy oatmeal?

Why not save all the hair that is cut from her head and use it to make a shag throw rug?

Why not save all of her bathwater and use it to clean their vegetables?

I really should sell my ideas to the Cruises.

You sure come up with some good laughs!

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/05/06 07:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

1. Bush is an airhead - terribly disrespectful and typical of the godless liberals

Did I miss anything?

Well, you do seem to miss the point. It seems you approve of attacks on Bush/Republicans/Conservatives in a thread that has nothing to do with politics, but solely by the fact that you posted the above, you feel that it is not OK to respond to those attacks. So yes, you missed the point entirely.

Also, you apparently see a "point" that isn't even there: that I seek to disallow statements I disagree with. I made absolutely no implication that the Cheney comment should not have been made, I merely made a statement that attacks the left in response to an attack of the right.

You appear to be the one who wants to disallow statements with which you do not agree...
Posted By: Carly Girl

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/05/06 08:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ROFLMAO.....GuitarDude.........OMG!!!..too funny...
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 06:52 PM

I saw pictures on the Today show, and she is certainly a beautiful baby.

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 07:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did I miss anything?

Well, you do seem to miss the point. It seems you approve of attacks on Bush/Republicans/Conservatives in a thread that has nothing to do with politics, but solely by the fact that you posted the above, you feel that it is not OK to respond to those attacks. So yes, you missed the point entirely.

Also, you apparently see a "point" that isn't even there: that I seek to disallow statements I disagree with. I made absolutely no implication that the Cheney comment should not have been made, I merely made a statement that attacks the left in response to an attack of the right.

You appear to be the one who wants to disallow statements with which you do not agree...

I think I got the point. Just not the one you are peddling.

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 07:43 PM

And what point is it exactly that I am "peddling?"

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 07:53 PM

Quote:

I saw pictures on the Today show, and she is certainly a beautiful baby.

Is she really going to be on the cover of Vanity Fair next month? Did they say?
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 08:03 PM

The picture/cover was shown on CNN & AOL today. Yes, she is a beautiful baby and looks like a combination of both of her parents. At least in my opinion. Of course that doesn't make me feel any differently about her strange father, but she is very pretty.
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 08:07 PM

Yeah, the cover of Vanity Fair and a 22 page layout (I think that's what they said.) Annie Leibovitz spent 5 days at the Cruise place in Telluride,(sp?) CO and took the photos. Lots of dark hair and very pretty eyes, quite like Katie's.

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 08:13 PM

Tom is a complete nut-job and I have a hard time watching him in movies lately, but I figured she would be a very pretty baby. I must admit I'm quite curious to see what she looks like. I also love Annie Lebowitz's work so I'm sure the pictures are gorgeous.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 08:17 PM

Sweetpeas - go to AOL now and the cover of Vanity Fair is on there.

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 08:18 PM

Quote:

Sweetpeas - go to AOL now and the cover of Vanity Fair is on there.

OH, thanks, Skittles.

She is beautiful.

Re: Baby Suri's 1st bowel movement in Bronze - 09/06/06 08:35 PM

OMG, she has a lot of hair!