The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Posted By: slubgob

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 03:20 AM

I went to see a showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show on Saturday night. I was suprised at how many people showed up in costume, it was a really cold night for fishnets! The crowd was really good at the responses too, and at least half of them brought all the props(toast, water pistols, newspaper, etc). Any other BOLers a fan of this movie or have seen a good showing of it?
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 10:35 AM

They're still doing that, eh?

I love that movie. Back in the day, I had friends who would dress in costume for the midnight shows, but I was always too conservative (at least back then )
Posted By: Cowboys Fan

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 11:23 AM

I probably saw it at the theater 10+ times back in the day. Our crowd never dressed up but we did bring the props, knew the words, did the Time Warp, etc.
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 01:43 PM

The soundtrack is on my iPod....
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 02:12 PM

Love Rocky Horror! Wow...brings back a lot of fun memories.

The most fun we had was sitting up in the balcony and throwing cr@p down on the crowd below (not just "random cr@p"...cr@p that related to the movie, of course!).
Posted By: Maxx

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 03:00 PM

Let's do the time warp again.......
To this day, if I see Tim Curry in a movie, on a tv show, whatever, I can only picture him as a transvestite. LOL
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 03:08 PM

I haven't been to the theater to watch the movie, but it remains one of my favorites. Rose tint my world!
Posted By: Master_shakE

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 03:16 PM

Ive never seen it but in the book "Perks of being a Wallflower" they do the same thing.

I would be interested to go see it if it ever played in Dallas.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 04:44 PM

Awww, what a great thread! This brings back fond memories of going to the midnight showing at the movie theater on campus when I was in college! My group never dressed in costume, but we always brought the props and shouted the lines and threw the toast, water, etc. How fun that it's still going strong today. Good clean fun.

And the entire soundtrack is on my iPod, too; Time Warp is my favorite of the movie's songs... "It's just a jump to the left...."
Posted By: Bailey.

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BurntSienna
"It's just a jump to the left...."

...and then a step to the right!

For those who have only seen it "live" you really haven't experienced it. And you HAVE to go to a midnight showing - really encourages the freaks to come out!

...grapety grape, lemony yellow...
Posted By: RobinS

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 07:17 PM

I aways think of RHPS if anyone around me says "Dammit!" I finish the line ",Janet, give me h*#d!"

To myself, of course.
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 07:29 PM

Posted By: Bailey.

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 08:07 PM

I would've finished that line differently... and that's why you HAVE to see it live. There are as many "scripts" as there are theaters.
Posted By: StevenKM

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/29/07 08:12 PM

My girl friend took me to see it for the first time in 1977. Since then I've collected the sound track on LP and the VHS. My kids found it & watched it & didn't understand what the fuss was all about. I guess it's a cultural thing.
Posted By: slubgob

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 01/30/07 01:03 AM

Next time I am taking props...I didn't know if the theater would be cool with it or not but they didn't care. They just had someone come in before and asked that we didn't throw stuff at the screen and that we couldn't hurt anyone with a piece of toast....so don't try, and to shoot water pistols in the air not at each other.