Hells Kitchen tonight!!!

Posted By: TB 12

Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 05:59 PM

Any fans out there? I can't wait for it to premier tonight....
Posted By: Comp Guy No More

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 06:26 PM

LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait!!! WHERE IS MY RISOTTO?!?!?!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 07:02 PM

The guy is a riot. He is fair, though. He tells it like it is-compliments when deserved, ripping a new one when needed....

How about that guy last year (Tom, I think) who was sweating into the food...HORK

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 07:11 PM

Oh yeah!!!! That was too much! I love it when he yells at the customers who are complaining!
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 07:12 PM

On the British version of the show, a diner asked if Gordon could just make him some scambled eggs. That was fun to watch!!
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 07:14 PM

time and channel?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 07:19 PM

This was 2 seasons ago on iTV4 in London....(all the profanity faithfully transmitted after 9:30 PM)
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 07:20 PM

Fox. Sometime tonight.
Posted By: Sing A Little

My husband and I love this show! We've been saying, "This chicken is flippin raw" since last season. LOL
Posted By: Miscuit

Originally Posted By: sox in '04

How about that guy last year (Tom, I think) who was sweating into the food...HORK

Double HORK!
Posted By: Rosebud123

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 07:22 PM

I was just watching reruns from the first season on reality TV and a diner complianed about how long the food was taking, Gordon told him to go lose some weight. It was hilarious!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Sing A Little
My husband and I love this show! We've been saying, "This chicken is flippin raw" since last season. LOL

That was great...

How about the guy (Giacomo, I think) that forgot to turn on the oven...

It is on FOX at 9pm.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/04/07 08:26 PM

CANNOT wait. I'm in heaven - HK back on (you stew-pid cow), Next Food Network Star just started, and Top Chef starts June 13.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 12:58 PM

So, what did you think? It seems like they have a bunch of people who don't really know what they're doing with a couple exceptions!

I loved when he was tasting their signature dishes and each time he took the lid off it was the same comment "Oh F*** me!"

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:14 PM

Where did they GET these people!!???? I only saw a couple that I could see successfully running the kitchen at a restaurant....MAYBE! Yikes!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:15 PM

I agree, Comp Guy-only a few seemed to have relevant experience. Like most of these type of shows, after a couple seasons the contestants seemed to be picked for entertainement value vs. abilities, which is fine with me......

There must have been more that happened than we saw for Tiffany to get the boot-and the "Asian Cowboy"...uh...WTF with the tears???? Man up.

How about the frozen gnocci??? Too funny..."you f$#$# served me frozen gnocci?"

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:16 PM

I know it! Who do think is going to be the one who needs medical attention? I say it's the big asain guy. I bet he has a heart attack. He doesn't seem to handle stress too well!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:16 PM

How about the guy that said Ramsey looked like a Shar Pei? I almost died...

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:18 PM

LOLoad! I know it! That was too funny. I laughed when he said the guy who was washing the dishes has peaked in life!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Comp Guy
I know it! Who do think is going to be the one who needs medical attention? I say it's the big asain guy. I bet he has a heart attack. He doesn't seem to handle stress too well!

Yep...I was doing other things while watching and every time I looked up...that dude was crying!!!! What's up with that??

That "Shar Pei" comment cracked me up!!!

How many quail eggs did they go through...

"That tastes like gnat pi$$"
Posted By: Tiger Fan

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but did you see where Top Chef is having a special cook-off between Season 1 and Season 2? It airs tomorrow night. Now back to the original topic.
Posted By: B_F

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:22 PM

Honestly, I can't say I'm all that interested in this season. In the past, at least there have been several people who had talent. This season looks like a bunch of Ramseywordups.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Tiger Fan
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but did you see where Top Chef is having a special cook-off between Season 1 and Season 2? It airs tomorrow night. Now back to the original topic.

Can't wait to watch!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:25 PM

I'll still be hooked for the season. You never know when someone is just going to get it and really shine.

And what's up with the ladies team? DAMN!!! Communicate and work together girls. Come on!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:45 PM

I thought big asian guy was like 29 or 30. Then when they put up his age I yelled out "48!?! 48?!?!? Why the heck is a 48 year old man crying like a little girl?!?!?"

And the girl thats a short order cook at ihop or pitt grill, I guess they cast her to add drama and conflict between the classicaly trained chefs and her...

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:46 PM

Could you believe the lack of respect they had for her? She works at the Waffle House!
Posted By: BSAFrustration

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Comp Guy
Could you believe the lack of respect they had for her? She works at the Waffle House!

Really! At least she could cook an egg!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 01:50 PM

No kidding! Poor girl, all she wanted to do was help!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 02:37 PM

I know-how hard is it to fry an egg...

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 04:05 PM

All of these "trained chefs" couldn't fry an egg, and the short order cook at the bail them out. It was just sad, and the guys team wasn't much better.

I think the short red headed girl and the bald black guy are going to be around for a while.
Posted By: BSAFrustration

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 04:07 PM

All of these "trained chefs" couldn't fry an egg, and the short order cook at the bail them out. It was just sad, and the guys team wasn't much better.

I think the short red headed girl and the bald black guy are going to be around for a while.

Yep, I agree.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 05:33 PM

I think the really cute girls are going to be around a while. Gordon keeps them around every season.
Posted By: Bunky

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/05/07 10:44 PM

it was a great first show!...I love Gordon, he cracks me up!...did you see the previews for the upcoming shows???...theres an ambulance there?...what happens I wonder?...cut themselves, pass out from crying too much?...its looks kinda scary there....yea I felt sorry for that one girl[forget her name] but she just wanted to help!...cant wait till next week!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/11/07 10:51 PM

Sooooo whos cryin tonight!!!! hehehe

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/11/07 10:57 PM

I have a feeling that the big asian guy (sorry, can't remember his name) is going to pass out or have a heart/panic attack or something...that poor guy goes off the deep end as soon as Ramsey calls his name!

I'd really like to see the girls get their act together tonight.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 12:23 PM

Sing-did you have a sneak peak at last nights episode???LOL

How did the Asian Cowboy not get the boot? USELESS POS....misses the challenge completely. Cries if Ramsey so much as glances at him. Pathetic.

I have one complaint-too much intro-show starts with a couple minute wrap up of the 2 prior seasons, then a summary of the prior episode...seems like 5 minutes wasted on this....
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 12:57 PM

Totally agree with you Sox.

I can't believe Ramsey didn't reject the two put up for elimination and send Aaron home. He left BONE in the customers Dover Sole . Eddie must have been really bad.

The girls really kicked butt last night. Last year I don't remember anyone having a full service for quite some time, let alone the second week.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Pooh
Totally agree with you Sox.

I can't believe Ramsey didn't reject the two put up for elimination and send Aaron home. He left BONE in the customers Dover Sole . Eddie must have been really bad.

The girls really kicked butt last night. Last year I don't remember anyone having a full service for quite some time, let alone the second week.

My wife said the same about the full service, Pooh...

Ramsey seems somewhat easy on Aaron-cries for no reason, bags out, etc. You are right-Eddie must have been awful. Ramsey kept commenting on Eddies height-"this tuna is bigger than Eddie"

I didn't think the other guy was that bad...
Posted By: kms

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:06 PM

I still don't see how Aaron didn't go home... Why was he not even nominated? He almost walks off the show, they should have gotten rid of him and they would have kept their same numbers basically

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: kms
I still don't see how Aaron didn't go home... Why was he not even nominated? He almost walks off the show, they should have gotten rid of him and they would have kept their same numbers basically

He didn't go home, because the guy doing the nominations knows this is a game as well as cooking food. Eddie had far more potential than Aaron, and I think he was trying to get rid of Josh because he actually has talent and Ramsey was ticked at him during service.

Oh, and yes, this is a first! The women getting full service not just for themselves, but for the entire restaurant on week two?!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:19 PM

I agree, BF, but I think that is a flawed strategy. Like Survivor, you should keep the strength for your team, then weed out the strong ones when they hit the "merge"...

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:21 PM

Yep, he really hurt their numbers.. I am not sure if the guy has cooked anything other than his signature dish!!
Posted By: Beige

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:31 PM

I know there's a stragety - but still, Aaron needs to go! The longer they keep him around, the longer they are short one person. He is total dead weight. Buh-bye!!!

The girls did kick some butt! That was nice to see - actually working together rather than last weeks total mess!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:34 PM

Hi, my name is Aaron...oh wait-you know that because my name is sewn on my uniform....What a buffooon....

What is going to happen when Ramsey really lays into him?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:35 PM

I don't think I would have wanted a face full of dripping sweat deboning my fish! EEEWWW! Looked like he was going to drop a few beads right in there! YUCK!!!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: smilin' sunshine
I don't think I would have wanted a face full of dripping sweat deboning my fish! EEEWWW! Looked like he was going to drop a few beads right in there! YUCK!!!!

You are right, smilin....very nasty..... hork

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 02:12 PM

I agree, BF, but I think that is a flawed strategy. Like Survivor, you should keep the strength for your team, then weed out the strong ones when they hit the "merge"...

Except for one thing.... In this game, there aren't alliances for the most part. It isn't like you have two tribes, and it remains a team game until the end, instead of becoming individual.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 02:27 PM

I just can't believe that Aaron is still around. He doesn't contribute anything to the team and all he does is cry. It's just crazy that they're keeping him around!!!

"Crybaby" Aaron is the Sanjaya of H3ll's Kitchen....HE MUST GO!!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 02:58 PM

Between the sweat and the bones - YUCK! I love seafood. If I ever ate at a restaurant where I had bones the size they were showing - I wouldn't go back. Have you noticed they are showing a more 'caring' side to Ramsey this year. Last week when Julia was crying about being ignored and not being able to help, he was nice to her. He has also been nice to Aaron. Next week's task for breakfast should either make it or break it for Julia. Hopefully her team recognizes that. If they let her take the lead and they do badly - she will be gone.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 03:04 PM

I am shocked that Ramsey didn't send Aaron packing, we all know that this guy can't cook his way out a paper bag...I feel sorry for the folks in the retirement home! LOL

The girls came together last night and kicked some butt! Melissa seems to be a well rounded chef...I think she's a major contender.

It's going to be Julia's time to shine next week.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 03:59 PM

In discussing it with a co worker, we have come to the conclusion he is only being kept for entertainment value (by Ramsey) and his team (I forget the guys name who had to pick the 2 for elimination) due to his weakness, easy to look good next to this crying wus bag....

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 04:13 PM

I think Ramsey may be setting up Aaron for a big take down, there is now way he is just letting the guy take a rest for nothing. The reason I think he didn't overwrite the guys and get rid of Aaron, is that he is going to let them fail on their own and not help them out.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 04:17 PM

I think it's great that the short order cook and 'waffle house' cook keep saving the 'fine dining' chefs' collective butts by having basic skills (frying an egg, cleaning fish). A guy I used to train with was fond of saying that an expert was someone who could execute the basic skills consistently...

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/12/07 08:31 PM

Good show ... I just love it when he yells at ppl[glad its not me] that blonde woman got reemed by Ramsey...called her a &^%$#^ barbie!! lol ...yea if Aaron dripped sweat on my food!! ..ohh man I would not be a happy camper, Id have to get up an walk out!!
Posted By: Hoosierland

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 01:22 PM

Anyone watch last night? I've got to say, although he should've been the first guy to go, I was a little sad to see Aaron go. It was interesting to see just what he would do each week.

I felt a little bit sorry for the guys for having to prep all those potatoes and onions. . .particularly for having to carry all of those bags into the kitchen. That had to be exhausting. I kept wondering how the women would have managed that feat if they had been the ones being "punished."

I wish the women would lay off Julia. . .I don't care if she is a short order cook, she saved their butts on the breakfast challenge. She also appears to be working hard to learn what she needs to know. How disgusting that Jen got food out of the trash. . .although she redeemed herself a bit by confessing at the end of the show. Surprised Ramsey didn't kick her off too.

One last thought. . .does anyone else find it disturbing to watch the sweat just pouring off these people while they are preparing the food? I never really thought before about all the sweat that might be garnishing any meal I get at a restaurant!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 01:26 PM

I didn't see anything except the last 15 minutes - what went down with Aaron?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 01:27 PM

He went to the hospital and cannot continue(by docs orders).

I can't believe that chick took food out of the trash to use.. How freaking gross!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 01:28 PM

I was surprised that Aaron put up a fight at all! He clearly wasn't going to make it!

I knew it would be Joanna. She thinks the world of herself, but hasn't backed it up at all!

Sounds like next week a nomination get's overruled!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 01:37 PM

The trash thing was nasty - at least she owned up to it. I think she was expecting to be sent home. Really bad, nasty decision - but at least she put herself in the hot seat.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 01:52 PM

I do have to give her that, I always think it is tough when a group has to come up with nominations

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
I wish the women would lay off Julia. . .

I personally have her as one of my favorites. Yeah, she's a short order cook. But she's working hard to learn fine dining. She doesn't have a big head, she just works harder.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 03:22 PM

I think I am liking Rock and Melissa. I am not sure that either would win but I am rooting for them. The only thing about Melissa is her nominating Julia or wanting to this week.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 03:26 PM

The guys were a little to excited about their "win"...

I do think Julia will work hard to learn what she needs to know. I think if someone has a good work ethic, they can learn the specifics.....

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 04:12 PM

I missed the first half of the show..but that girl taking the pasta outta the trash is just unbelievable!!...I love Chef Ramsey, he is sooo funny, the way he yells at ppl is just priceless!! ...not sure if I would ever want to eat there, you sure are takin a chance on what you eat!!...bad crab, sweat in your food, stuff outta the trash!! ..ohh myyy

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 04:13 PM

It would have been great if Ramsey caught her...LOL...

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/19/07 05:13 PM

It would have been great if Ramsey caught her...LOL...

No kidding. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd made her eat everything out of the trash.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/20/07 01:54 PM

I resisted coming into this thread all day yesterday because I taped the show and didn't watch it until last night.

I fee sorry for Aaron, but obviously he's got some sort of medical condition that he needs to take care of.

Julia may be a short order cook, but she has shown better cooking fundamentals/standards then the rest of the group. I can't believe that "chefs" were going to serve rancid crab and pasta taken out of the trash.

I think Julia, Rock and Melissa have a good shot at this.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/20/07 02:13 PM

I forgot about the crab...NASTY....HORK

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 06/20/07 02:16 PM

that was sooo bad. What worries me is the people that ate it the night before, it had to be going bad then. Yuck!!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 12:36 PM

Soooo...what do you think of Chef's decision to keep Melissa? I thought she was AWFUL...that duck was so bad.....I understand why she didn't want it to be served...

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 12:40 PM

Can't stand her!!! Snotty little b! I thought it was hysterical that she ended up on the guys team when all night they were laughing at what a b the other girls had to deal with! ::snickers::. Next week should be interesting - wonder if she'll get put in her place.

Do you need help with that? If you have a question ask me! COD!!! Insert rolling eyes smiley here!
Posted By: Dazed Auditor

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 12:53 PM

Melissa looked strange. Her hair was a mess and what was up with the giant scab on the chin? She seems to be cracking under the pressure. Did another chef get cut the week Aaron left for medical reasons? Maybe they have a preset number of episodes to complete so they could afford to not cut a chef this week. The guys do not look happy about their new team mate. I can't blame them.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 01:04 PM

That is a good point, Dazed. When Mr. Crybaby left, they did cut another chef, so they lost 2 that week.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 01:15 PM

I think Rock is going to win this, he is the only one that is consistent week in and week out

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 01:21 PM

I agree, KMS. Julia is good, but I don't think she has enough experience/knowledge with this type of restaurant to go all the way.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 01:24 PM

One thing I will say about Melissa....

She was the ONLY experienced fine dining cook left on that team. It's no wonder she felt pressure. She almost looked relieved to be going to the guys team where they have nothing but experience left.

I think she was cracking under pressure, and now that she's got a team that knows what they are doing, I think she'll go back to her original form.

That being said, Rock still looks like the man to beat.
Posted By: Mocha's Mom

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 02:08 PM

My favorite part last night was when the Maitre'D got tired of the complaining from the wedding planner and told him to go talk to Ramsey.

It was ridiculous that Melissa pushed Julia out of the way and put the duck back into the oven making it overcooked. Just looking at it you could tell it was going to be disgustingly tough!! Who would serve duck as the main meat course anyway? It's not the most popular choice by far. The boys were smart to choose ribeye. It did look delicious and so did their appetizer. I thought the brie in the puffed pastry with the strawberry was a very strange appetizer.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 02:17 PM

Mocha's Mom, I totally wanted that ribeye they served! It looked fantastic.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 02:34 PM

OMG BF, that was making my mouth water last night!! So many times the dishes look mediocre or unappealing but last night, was I in the mood for some steak!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 03:09 PM

Melissa sabotaged the ladies last night. I think that Melissa has gone off the deep end, the girl looked and acted like a lunatic. Julia may not have all of the experience that others do, but she has sound fundamentals to build on. Jen seems to be stepping up, but I don't know if I can let go of that whole trash thing. Bonnie seems to be suited more to her nanny/chef role.

Rock is looking very good right now, and the guys seem to be getting their act together. I think it'll be interesting to see how things go with Melissa in the mix.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Mocha's Mom
OMG BF, that was making my mouth water last night!! So many times the dishes look mediocre or unappealing but last night, was I in the mood for some steak!!

I'm actually planning on picking up a ribeye on the way home, along with all the fixings, and grilling it up. Sure, it won't be as good as that one looked, but it will hit the spot!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 06:59 PM

Well, if I lived any closer I would be inviting myself over for a ribeye!! I'm just going to have to get the grill going myself!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 08:23 PM

Well, if I lived any closer I would be inviting myself over for a ribeye!! I'm just going to have to get the grill going myself!!

I've got some nice crimini mushrooms and an onion baby. It's going to be fantastic

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/03/07 08:26 PM

You sure know how to make a girl cry, don't you??

Let's see, if I left work right now I might make it to Ohio in, oh say, eight hours?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 12:50 PM

Woo hoo! I am so happy that Melissa is finally gone. I do, however, wish that she'd have been included in the photo shoot just so I could see what she looked like if she actually brushed her hair.

I still think he is a strong contender, but I did not like how Rock dealt with having to do trash duty last night. While I wouldn't have wanted to do that either, I thought he should've just accepted it and moved on.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 12:53 PM

Tell me more - I missed the whole thing!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 01:36 PM

Dr. Bob--The challenge was for each person to prepare a lobster dish. The women's team won and their reward was to go on a magazine photo shoot with Gordon. The punishment for the men's team was to have to go through this mountain of trash/recyclables and sort out all the recyclables into the correct bins, rinse them off, etc. Rock absolutely lost his cool over having to do this. To add insult to injury, Gordon called Rock away to come to the photo shoot. . .and all he wanted was for him to empty the trash there at the shoot and take it back to sort with all the other trash!

At that night's service, the women were outstanding and the men's team just couldn't get it together. From what we were shown, everyone but Rock was bad on that team.

In the end, Gordon immediately dismissed Melissa--didn't even ask if the team had nominated her. Then he called Josh and Brad both out of the line, said they were both terrible, but ended up letting them both go back in line.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 01:59 PM

Definitely a good episode last night. I have to agree with Rock though...How do you lose to a lobster bisque? Not really creative at all. Then again, Gordon knew the reward and he's not going to have his picture taken with a group of men so I think it was a bit pre-determined.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 02:00 PM

LOL, CG, could be. It was good to see the Chef complimentary last night and not totally negative like he usually is.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 02:03 PM

Yeah...the men seem to be falling apart though!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 02:43 PM

The men are no different than they have been. Rock is the only one worth a damn out of the men. They really haven't had a good service yet.

I totally agree with Rock by the way. Perhaps he didn't handle it well, but to have a creative lobster dish lose to a plain old bisque is wrong. The challenge was to create creative lobster dishes, not lobster standards. If both dishes were so good, as Ramsey indicated, creativity should have won out.

I think what Ramsey felt was hard was not figuring out which dish was the winner, but rather, how to spin it so the girls won so he could have them in the photo shoot with him.

Also, I think it was in VERY bad taste of Ramsey to call Rock over to the studio to take out the trash there when he knew Rock was already pissed about #1 LOSING a challenge he should have won, and #2 having to dig through trash when he has pride.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 05:53 PM

Exactly BF! Since Ramsey knew the prize he wanted his picture taken with the girls rather than the guys. After all, how could he have played Charlie to their angels if it was the guys?

I thought his decision was wrong and the punishment was out of line. Rock should have been a little more mature and just accept it. However, it was in poor taste for Ramsey to call him specifically over to the photo shoot to retrieve the trash. That was not right.

BTW - how was your ribeye last week BF? You gave me such a craving for it I stopped at an Outback and ordered a ribeye dinner to go ( got out of work late and was too starving to go to the store and then cook it )

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 06:31 PM

Eh, I disagree. I think he brought Rock over to get the trash to teach him some humility. It's a TV show that you're doing voluntarily, not a job you are relying on for a paycheck to feed your family.

You're on TV, you know you're going to possibly have some less than respectable / fun things to do. He acted like an idiot when he had to clean up that garbage. I say be a man and do your job well, no matter what it is.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 06:32 PM

I wonder how much of melissa hair got into ppl's food!! ..that was just gross!...I so glad she is gone...the girls cleaned up pretty good, Bonnie is a cutie. Great show...I thought he was going to send those 2 boys home too!! ..I bete they were shakin for a minute!...anyone watch Top Chef??...same kinda thing, just alot less yelling LOL ..its good too.
Posted By: Bagweaver

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 06:57 PM

MBG, I agree with you. Suck it up. Look at what's at the end of the game. If it's not worth it, quit!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 07:36 PM

BTW - how was your ribeye last week BF? You gave me such a craving for it I stopped at an Outback and ordered a ribeye dinner to go ( got out of work late and was too starving to go to the store and then cook it )

Well, the first one was fantasic. I seasoned it with garlic and rosemary, and grilled that bad boy up just perfectly...

The second one, on the other hand, that I made on Sunday.... well, let's just say that the kids distracted me and we had charcoal on our gas grill! Strangely, it tasted a heck of a lot like a pepperoni pizza!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

Well, the first one was fantasic. I seasoned it with garlic and rosemary, and grilled that bad boy up just perfectly...

The second one, on the other hand, that I made on Sunday.... well, let's just say that the kids distracted me and we had charcoal on our gas grill! Strangely, it tasted a heck of a lot like a pepperoni pizza!

LOL!!
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/10/07 11:32 PM

What is it about this program, and others like it, that are so over the top and plain abusive? It's like watching a train wreck. Can you imagine how any of us would be (b)itching if our bosses treated us like that? All chefs aren't like this but the ones that make it on tv seem to be the worst of the lot. I'll stick with Top Chef where the chefs are critiqued on their product and they're certainly not punished for loosing a debatable contest. Yes, I think the men should have won yesterday too. I watched long enough to see the lobster dishes, then tuned out. I can make a lobster bisque. But I'd never thought of deep frying it!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/11/07 12:02 PM

I agree with Rock that on creativity, the guys should have won, but there is no doubt Ramsey picked the gals simply due to the photo shoot. And maybe if Rock didn't act like a 5 year old, he wouldn't have been poked with a stick by Ramsey...didn't the same thing happen last year with the photo shoot-a member of the losing team came to the shoot to serve food, or something like that?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/11/07 02:10 PM

I agree with Rock that on creativity, the guys should have won, but there is no doubt Ramsey picked the gals simply due to the photo shoot. And maybe if Rock didn't act like a 5 year old, he wouldn't have been poked with a stick by Ramsey...didn't the same thing happen last year with the photo shoot-a member of the losing team came to the shoot to serve food, or something like that?

To me, there is a HUGE gap between taking out the trash and serving food.

I'm sorry, but how do you think your CEO would feel if the board told him to go out to the dumpster and recycle everything he could?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/11/07 02:18 PM

I would so get out my camera!!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/11/07 02:19 PM

I'm sorry, but how do you think your CEO would feel if the board told him to go out to the dumpster and recycle everything he could?

Ummmm...but it's not reality, it's TV!!!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/11/07 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: MB Guy

Ummmm...but it's not reality, it's TV!!!!

Ummmm... so they faked what he had to do? It wasn't reality?

So if your CEO was filmed, you think he would react differently?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/11/07 02:41 PM

LOL, BF, it's a TV show. He can walk off anytime he wants. He wasn't forced to pick up the trash to feed his kids, he chose to.

Did you think Fear Factor was reality too in that they were forced to eat that [censored] to feed their kids or lose their job?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/11/07 03:09 PM

Come on, BF....its a FOX TV show...

One of my coworkers is friends with someone that was on a Food Network show...they said that they were mic'd 24/7 and if the producers picked up on soemthing that they thought would push their buttons, the other contestants were told to fan the flames....As MBguy said, noone is forcing them to stay. Frankly, picking through the trash would be easier to take than Ramsey insulting me all night...
Posted By: Seadevil

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/13/07 05:24 PM

I thought it was a good show and yes the guys should have won.

As for Rock, I kind of got the impression that he thought he was above this. I don't know what his past is, but he acted like someone born with a silver spoon. I'm sure many here have worked in jobs that they did not like or be told to do something that they didn't like. But if they acted like Rock, they would be in the unemployment line. I know for me personally, there isn't too much that could gross me out considering some of the jobs or tasks I have done in the past (loaded cow hides, slaughtered pigs/cows, janitor at a large factory, pitched hay, and even had to get into a sanitary tank on a submarine).

Rock needs to realize that the prize that will be handed over will take someone with the ability and maturity to do what ever is needed to get the job done. Besides being a good chef, you know that Ramsey is looking for other attributes. Time to suck it up and gripe and complain on the inside.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/13/07 06:19 PM

Ok, I am going to have to disagree with you guys on the challenge regarding the creativity. Rock's dish was the only one that was really creative, and he won the round for his team. The other dishes were salads and soups.

He basically threw a tantrum when his team lost, which I'm sure is why Ramsey made him do trash duty. I think that Ramsey sees a lot of potential in Rock and is trying to mold him into the person he is looking for.

Right now I think it's between Jen and Rock.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/13/07 06:26 PM

Sing-I agree that on the creative side, Rocks was better and from what Ramsey said, both sides dishes were tasty. I am sure he picked the gals simply because it was the photo shoot..jmho.

Rock didn't throw a tantrum, he freaked out....buck up and do what you need to do-stop whining...

Seadevil-in the middle of his rant, Rock said something like "we grew up in the ghetto and we never picked through trash"...he was just furious he lost, but it really brought out a bad side of him...I do think he is the best out of who is left.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/13/07 07:53 PM

Sox,
I think he is the best also, but if one of my kids threw a fit like that, I would have planted my foot dead square in their rear end.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/17/07 12:36 PM

I was a little surprised at Brad going home last night. I really thought it would be Bonnie. Another good showing for Julia, but I have to wonder how much longer she can last.

It should be interesting to see the men and women working together next week and to see who emerges as the leader of the combined team--Rock or Jen.

I still think it is between those two for the win, although they both irritated me a bit last night. While I understand that it is a competition, Rock's lack of teamwork and unwillingness to help a teammate bothers me. And I was tired of hearing Jen whine about what was on the menu, etc. after the fact--why not argue a little more strongly for what you thought it should have been in the beginning? It's a little late once you are serving it, for Pete's sake!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/17/07 01:05 PM

I was shocked, I think maybe the guys thought that if they put him up, he would stay against the girls..

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/17/07 01:11 PM

Roc's attitude is getting worse and worse. Although Josh was swamped (don't care for him) neither of the guys helped him out - they just watched him suffering! Pretty lame. I thought Josh would be up again against Bonnie and I had no idea between the two of them who would go. I was suprised that the "team" decided on Brad, and that he went home over Bonnie. Maybe Chef likes her around for eye candy.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/17/07 01:18 PM

Bonnie is still there because, as in prior seasons, Ramsey keeps a cutie around for eye candy, and frankly, Bonnie is the only one there this year. She won't last once they all have to work together.

As for Roc, I don't blame him and Brad for letting Josh hang himself. It's a competition, for a huge payout, and you don't win by making someone else look good. Also, in the past, they've tried to help Josh out, and Josh continues to act like he doesn't need help. I bet both guys would have helped if Josh simply said "Please help me guys."

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/17/07 01:23 PM

I agree that Ramsey has a thing for Bonnie. She is just getting lost now. Josh did say he needed help and the guys just looked at him. I thought Ramsey was going to make someone trade stations with him though. That's what he would normally do. Guess he wanted them to figure it out on their own.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/17/07 04:52 PM

I was very surprised that Ramsey didn't override the men and send Josh packing. He hasn't done well in a single challenge!

Roc was very cocky last night, and if he's not careful that attitude is going to get him in the end.

Jen has a lot of potential and if she can step forward and be the leader like she's done in the past...I think that she's got a good shot.

I was just at the Green Valley Ranch Casino last week (great movie theater there) and saw a restaurant space that is closed and being remodeled. I'm guessing that is where the new chef's place will be.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 12:53 PM

So sad to see Julia go last night, although I thought Chef Ramsay was very kind in the way he handled it. She definitely left with her dignity fully intact.

Every week, Josh has been terrible and we were surprised he kept surviving. Do you suppose Ramsay was keeping him around so he could pick just the right dramatic moment to kick him off right in the middle of service?

I think Bonnie is certainly the underdog at this point. But, this is the first season I've watched this show--maybe she stands a better chance than I believe she does.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 01:00 PM

I only caught the very end where he told Julia to come back after school and win the whole thing, what all did he say to her?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 01:10 PM

I missed what he said to her, I must be watching too much reality tv, because I am getting sick and tired of watching people cry on TV. Bonnie, Julia, Rock last night. You know this issn't the first season of this show, they knew what they were getting into.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 01:19 PM

He had to choose between Rock and Julia to send someone home and had a hard time deciding. He told Julia it had to be her, but told her to hold her head high and be proud of herself. That she has a natural ability and has come so far. He also told her that he personally was going to send her to culinary school, and after she attended he wants her to come back on the show and win it outright.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 01:27 PM

So Gordan has a heart of gold under all that big mean show he puts on.

That's gonna be so great for Julia, I was laughing at her being outclassed at the beginning of the season, but she kept fighting and made it to the final four, along the way she became my favorite person on the show.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 01:39 PM

He even gave her a big hug. It will be interesting to see if she actually comes back if the show continues.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 01:54 PM

I absolutely loved seeing Gordan Ramsey's soft side with Julia last night. She will be successful, and how can you beat having a professional like Ramsey who knows how to be successful as a mentor? That's what Ramsey gave her last night. It's not just that he is going to personally pay to send her to culinary school (although in effect she won a special prize on the show with this), it is that he made it pretty clear that he intends to help her become a pro, and prepare her to open her own place.

By the way, has anyone else watched him on Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC? You definately get to see more of him and less of him as a terror of a boss in it.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 02:07 PM

I have to say, I used to like Rock but his attitude over the last couple weeks is really pushing my opinions the other way. For him to call Bonnie out after she questioned him and then to turn around and basically throw Jen under the bus! He's not much of a team player. I hope he turns it around. Next week looks like a good episode.

FOX is going to be airing a US version of kitchen nightmares this fall.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 02:25 PM

I think a lot of what we are seeing with Rock is selective editing too. They do a lot of that on reality shows so they can always have a villian on the show.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 02:29 PM

True. Very true.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 02:31 PM

I am sure part of it is editing, but his attitude has been awful lately. Josh was awful, and as was stated before, he was probably kept to be a whipping boy.

I thought he was going to keep both of them, given josh was kicked out earlier-but Ramsey did the right thing. Julia is hard working and showed alot-everyone gave her [censored] and thought very little of her.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 02:39 PM

Totally agree about Rock's attitude. He is really getting on my nerves the last few weeks. He can really be a jerk!

Ramsey was awfully cool to Julia. That was really nice to see. She was definately one of my favs all season.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Bob
Totally agree about Rock's attitude. He is really getting on my nerves the last few weeks. He can really be a jerk!

Doc Bob, they can ALL be jerks. Bonnie has been a class B Witch, Jen has been a whiny bossy wench, and Rock has been a po'd angry jerk. It's called editing.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 02:54 PM

Yeah - I know. But I feel like I must b**** about the current one with the attitude - that way I don't get tired of hatin on the same person all the time!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 02:57 PM

I thought from the beginning that Rock would win. Jen I felt had to the skill, but not the personality or leadership skills to run a resturant. But last night, I think Rock showed his true colors, he complained that he was called out, but seemed to do everything he could to keep it going and as Bonnie said "trying to bully her (Jen)". Rock seems to have a chip on his shoulder and that could really end up hurting him when it appears that he has had the best skills of all the competitors. I did like that Jen barked back at Rock, I think that if she showed she had a little more backbone, she could go far.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 03:10 PM

I thought that Ramsey made the right decision last night. Julia was great, but she needs a little more experience under her belt.

I think that Rock and Jen both have skill, but Jen has the better overall attitude. Multiple times we have watched Rock sit back and watch a team mate struggle...is he going to do that with the chefs in his restaurant? Jen has more of a team player attitude, and we've seen her step up and be a leader in the past.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 03:12 PM

I think the views that they are showing of Rock are leading to him winning this. I am not sure why I feel this way but there it is.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 03:20 PM

Multiple times we have watched Rock sit back and watch a team mate struggle...is he going to do that with the chefs in his restaurant?

Are the chefs in his restaurant competing for ownership of his restaurant?

Remember, while they are on teams for this show, they are in competition with their teamates at the same time for a huge prize.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 03:53 PM

Multiple times we have watched Rock sit back and watch a team mate struggle...is he going to do that with the chefs in his restaurant?

Remember, while they are on teams for this show, they are in competition with their teamates at the same time for a huge prize.

That's where the next two weeks will be interesting. The winner needs to be able to lead and have the respect of their staff. Ramsey likes it when he sees the competitors step up and help out. This week's decision seemed hard for him to make - maybe that means that he doesn't like the way Rock is just sitting back. Rock is very sure of himself - maybe too sure of himself. That could be what the editing is trying to show.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 03:55 PM

I like the teaser when they showed Bonnie apparently screaming at Ramsey. She was running the line - he brought her some food and she screamed "I HAVE TO CHECK EVERY PIECE OF FOOD THAT GOES OUT - IS THAT THE BEST YOU'VE GOT??"

That should be fun to watch!! (Hope it was a real teaser!)

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 03:59 PM

Ramsey is asking them to work as a team right now and Rock is not a team player. Ramsey can tell who has talent and attitude in this situation, and he has picked up on Rock's bad attitude.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 04:19 PM

Ramsey is asking them to work as a team right now and Rock is not a team player. Ramsey can tell who has talent and attitude in this situation, and he has picked up on Rock's bad attitude.

One can be a team player, and yet not act as one in a situation where it is in your best interest to not promote your team. Sorry, but they are in a tough situation, and Rock should step up and lead a bit more, but at this point, that is going to be tough, since the girls have been on the same team all season and it's just him left. How do you lead a team where noone wants to be led?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 04:47 PM

But has he alienated his competitors. Last season the girl who didn't win had the talent, and an amazing palete, but alienated everyone else and ended up loosing. Talent does not equal leadership.

How do you lead a team where no one wants to be led? - You have to command respect. That is what Ramsey will be looking for.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Bob
I like the teaser when they showed Bonnie apparently screaming at Ramsey. She was running the line - he brought her some food and she screamed "I HAVE TO CHECK EVERY PIECE OF FOOD THAT GOES OUT - IS THAT THE BEST YOU'VE GOT??"

That should be fun to watch!! (Hope it was a real teaser!)

Doc-last year part of one of the services included each of the contestants running the front (not sure the correct term) as Ramsey does-it is a test to see how they respond in that position-I don't remember if Ramsey cooked in their place, but it was pretty funny

I swear half of last nights show was bleeped out.....LOL

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 05:05 PM

How is it in your best interest not to work as a team when Ramsey is asking you to work as a team?

The bottom line is I haven't seen Rock demonstrate any characteristics the entire time (leadership, comradery, etc.) that show he is capable of running his own restaurant. Cooking is only one aspect of it, you need to be able to work with people, and pick up the slack where it's needed.

I'm excited for next week episode to see who really steps up and shows Ramsey what he is looking for.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 05:53 PM

How is it in your best interest not to work as a team when Ramsey is asking you to work as a team?

The bottom line is I haven't seen Rock demonstrate any characteristics the entire time (leadership, comradery, etc.) that show he is capable of running his own restaurant. Cooking is only one aspect of it, you need to be able to work with people, and pick up the slack where it's needed.

I'm excited for next week episode to see who really steps up and shows Ramsey what he is looking for.

Bingo! You've hit the nail on the head Sing. There are times when you have to work together, and times when you can shine individually. Rock had plenty of time to shine individually when he was running a station by himself, now they all need to work together.

I wonder how the winners from the last two seasons are doing? From the clips in the very first show, the first winner now has a restaurant of his own. Last year's winner was still at the Red Rock Resort with what I seem to remember was a $1,000,000+ salary. Has anyone out there been to that restaurant?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 06:42 PM

I haven't been to the restaurant, but I believe that Heather isn't even the Executive Chef at the Red Rock Restaurant, I think that she is a Sous Chef.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 06:43 PM

On the show last night she referred to Terra Rosa as "her restaurant".

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 07:22 PM

She's a big liar! LOL

Here is a link from the Red Rock site:

Terra Rosa Info

For those to can't view it:
HEL*’S KITCHEN WINNER HEATHER WEST JOINS TERRA ROSSA TEAM!

Hel*’s Kitchen winner Heather West joins Terra Rossa restaurant as Senior Chef. She will be working under the leadership of Executive Room Chef Renato DePirro.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 07:26 PM

Interesting! I thought the deal was that they were given the restaurant to serve as executive chef! Hmmm....

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 07:29 PM

Just what I was thinking - wonder if she couldn't measure up?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 07:35 PM

Guess I was mistooken!

http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/showinfo/

World-renowned chef GORDON RAMSAY is back for a third serving of the sizzling unscripted series [censored]’S KITCHEN. Ramsay is putting 12 new would-be restaurateurs on the chopping block for a chance to win the ultimate culinary prize -- the coveted title of Head Chef of a new fine Italian restaurant at the Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa in Las Vegas.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 07:36 PM

I believe that was the original deal, but I guess Red Rock didn't feel like she could handle it.

Michael ended up not going to London to train with Ramsey, started selling knives, and just recently opened his own place.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 07:38 PM

Red Rock is owned by Station Casinos, who also owns Green Valley...maybe they changed their minds.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/24/07 07:39 PM

Even Michael is shown as "Head Chef" of Tatou.
Posted By: rbest

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/27/07 03:21 PM

[quote=Comp Guy]I'll still be hooked for the season. You never know when someone is just going to get it and really shine.

And what's up with the ladies team? DAMN!!! Communicate and work together girls. Come on! [/quote]
Posted By: rbest

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/27/07 03:24 PM

I just laugh through the whole show.I think if it were me I'd take that raw chicken and oh never mind I think you get the picture.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 12:36 PM

Was anyone else surprised to see Jen go instead of Bonnie?

I really hope Rock wins because Bonnie gets on my last nerve.
Posted By: Dazed Auditor

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 12:38 PM

I was very surprised and from the look on Bonnie's face, so was she. I guess Rock can start his victory lap.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 12:56 PM

The only thing I can think of is he has already decided Rock is the best, so it didn't matter whether he kept Jen or Bonnie. I find it hard to believe Bonnie performed better than Jen...

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 01:13 PM

Bonnie DID perform better than Jen. Jen failed the challenge, plain and simple. Anyone who has watched this series, ever, knows that when they run the hotplate and expedite, they are going to be served a test dish that is made wrong, and they MUST catch it or they are going home. Bonnie and Rock caught the mistakes, Jen was going to send out crab spaghetti without the crab!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 01:14 PM

That is too bad because he has the worst attitude. Bonnie does seem to have a great palate, I wonder if that will give her the edge

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 01:18 PM

I know Jen missed the crab, but I think overall she ran the front better than Bonnie-a couple of times Bonnie called out an order then changed it. I think Bonnie did do a nice job with the franks and beans....did she really not know what franks and beans are???

As I said, he has already pegged Rock, so it doesn't really matter who goes up against him.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 01:21 PM

Got to keep things even. Guy winner, girl winner, rock, next year will be a girl!

It was so funny to see Gordon being polite in front of his "Mum". I couldn't believe Bonnie hadn't heard of franks and beans! That's my specialty!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 01:25 PM

Franks and Beans is gross. I've had it once in my life, and will never eat it again. Yet I love hot dogs and I love good baked beans. I just don't like them together at all.

I won't be surprised if Bonnie wins either. Gordon likes his cuties....

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 01:31 PM

Unless Rock throws one of his temper tantrums, no way does Bonnie win.
Posted By: Bailey.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 02:11 PM

BEANS AND FRANKS!!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 03:36 PM

I was disappointed to see Jen go instead of Bonnie. Bonnie seemed to have a decent night, but just a few weeks ago Ramsey was tearing into her for being a "Blond Bimbo".

Honestly, I don't know if Bonnie or Rock are ready to open a restaurant. Bonnie doesn't seem to have enough experience, and Rock doesn't seem to be a leader.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 03:46 PM

I was disappointed to see Jen go instead of Bonnie. Bonnie seemed to have a decent night, but just a few weeks ago Ramsey was tearing into her for being a "Blond Bimbo".

Editing!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 07/31/07 03:54 PM

I know that editing plays a big part, but I still think that Jen is a more experienced and well rounded chef.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 11:55 AM

Did anyone watch last night? Am I the only one that thought this would be the final show of the season?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 12:31 PM

Yes, I watched last night. This is the first season I've watched this show, so I wasn't sure if it would be the final show or not.

I'm rooting for Rock--just don't care for Bonnie.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 12:32 PM

I totally forgot it was on! So what happened if this wasn't the last show?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 12:41 PM

Quick summary-they each got one side of the restaurant to design for their own style, and Ramsey flew them to Vegas for them to check out their prize. While there, they had a challenge-create their signature dish for 7 celebs/chefs (if Robin Leach is considered a celeb) to try-Bonnie won 4-3. They went back adn the last 6 to be booted came back and they got to pick who they wanted on their team-turned out to be guys/gals again....not too much happened-first 10 minutes was a weekly summary....

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 01:26 PM

Last night's episode STUNK! Snore. They showed nothing really except picking teams. Not enough about the redesign, very little cooking. I was very disappointed.

I'm still rooting for Julia :p

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 01:29 PM

I agree, BF. SNOOZOLA. I think they had an episode to waste since Josh was tossed during service and they kicked someone out.

How about Rock choosing Jeans for the waitstaff to wear? I thought Jean Phillipe was going to feint.....LOL

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 01:30 PM

I thought it was funny that he wanted to do a downscale upscale restaurant. Pffft
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 02:37 PM

I figured it would be a recrap, so I was glad to get any new content at all.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 03:10 PM

I thought last night was the finale too, now I get to record it since I'm going to be on vacation.

I think that Rock is beginning to crack under the pressure. This is a chance of a lifetime...think man!

The finale should be interesting, I wonder if Julia is even going to try or if Melissa is going to wig out again, and we all know how useless Vinnie and Josh will be...Rock and Bonnie are going to have to work hard to pull this off.

We'll see how it goes, either way I'll probably check the restaurant out eventually.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 03:14 PM

You know, I think this is the worst crew we've ever seen. I can't believe Rock took Vinnie before Julia!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 03:16 PM

My hubby couldn't believe that either. Julia is a culinary whiz compared to Vinnie.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 03:20 PM

This is my first season to watch the show. How is the winner determined? Who chooses?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 03:30 PM

Gordon Ramsey choses basically.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 07:46 PM

Previews for next week showed Rock and Bonnie standing in front of doors. What's the significance of that?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 07:52 PM

Once the service is done, the 2 finalists stand infront of hte doors-the winners door is unlocked and they are able to walk through.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/07/07 08:17 PM

Once the service is done, the 2 finalists stand infront of hte doors-the winners door is unlocked and they are able to walk through.

Just once, I'd love to lock both the doors for a blooper reel and watch Gordon explode. :p
Posted By: Baseball2013

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/08/07 11:31 AM

Someone in our office DVR'd the episode and said when he slowed the ending down, it appeared that one of the two doors was slightly ajar. If that wasn't supposed to be shown, then he knows who wins.

Of course they could have done that on purpose, or it may not have been actual footage, just a teaser.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/14/07 12:13 PM

As we suspected the win goes to Rock.

Bonnie was all class in congratulating him - totally sincere.

I was so disappointed in Julia - my opinion of her dropped so much! She acted like a b pretty much the whole time! I understand she was bummed she wasn't in the finals - but jeeze! Get over it!

Josh sucks. Bad.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/14/07 12:30 PM

Was it just me or did that seem like the worst dinner service in a finale yet?

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/14/07 12:57 PM

I completely agree, Doc. Julia lost all my respect. I can understand the emotion in going back so soon after losing, but to not give 100% is disappointing.

And yes, Josh sucks. I was just talking to a coworker and we both agree that he didn't have one good service. I am shocked he got as far as he did.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/14/07 01:15 PM

I thought Rock did a better job overall last night. Neither team was stellar, but at least Rock had a team that was truly behind him (even if Josh did svck!). Bonnie made the mistake of picking someone (Julia) that didn't even want her to win!

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/14/07 01:43 PM

One of these years, one of the finalists is going to tell someone on their team to take off their jacket and get out of their kitchen. Rock should have done that to Josh last night, and Bonnie should have done it to Julia when she totally refused to do what she asked of her.

I really liked the way Rock ran his team. For someone who totally lost his temper over losing a challenge, he really did raise the abilities of his team.

Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! - 08/14/07 01:51 PM

I agree, BF. I really though Rock was going to throw Josh out.