Starburst....Unbelievable!!

Posted By: angels2mom

Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 01:48 PM

I wonder where she takes her drycleaning??!!

(O.K....links are working for me today!)

Macomb briefs

A Romeo woman is suing the manufacturer of Starburst Fruit Chews in Macomb County Circuit Court for "severe and permanent personal injuries" she received while eating the candy. The attorney for Victoria McArthur filed the lawsuit Monday against New Jersey-based Master Foods USA asking for more than $25,000. She alleges that when she bit into a yellow Starburst fruit chew in April 2005, she began to feel pain in her jaw, and then began having difficulty opening her mouth. A court date has not been set.

Posted By: Bones

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 02:06 PM

People will sue for anything these days!
Posted By: Sing A Little

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 02:59 PM

She is suing the manufacturer because she doesn't know how to eat? LOL

Who knew that fruit chews were chewy....
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 03:03 PM

well, the warning label must be pretty small on those things
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 03:08 PM

Gee, I should sure the company that makes Jawbreakers, because years ago, I bit one, cracked my tooth, which immediately needed a root canal, which after several years needed pulling, which needed a bridge.

I also broke my retainer in high school, doing the same thing, but the lawyers don't need to know that, do they?
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 03:23 PM

Oooh - I had forgotten about my cracked tooth incident while eating some of my son's candy. Maybe I should sue since I had to have a crown put on.
Posted By: anon2006

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 03:35 PM

Why are cases like this allowed? This is such a waste of time! Arent there guidelines or something?
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 03:38 PM

I pulled an entire molar out by the root eating raisin bran one night...I didn't sue...What a freaking world we live in!!!
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 04:18 PM

That's why it was sooooo good to hear that the guy suing the dry cleaners for losing his pants didn't get anything. In fact, he had to pay their court costs.

All frivolous lawsuits should be treated this way. Then maybe they would stop wasting the court's time.
Posted By: Pirate

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 04:53 PM

Berries and cream!
Berries and cream!
I'm a little lad
who loves berries...
and cream!!!!1
Posted By: TINKerBell

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 06:26 PM

I live in the county the lawsuit was filed in....haven't heard about it..but then, only guys who kill their wives, cut them up and throw the body parts all over a county park get headlines here.....
Posted By: Bailey.

Re: Starburst....Unbelievable!! - 06/27/07 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
Berries and cream!
Berries and cream!
I'm a little lad
who loves berries...
and cream!!!!1

oh holy shtt!! thanks for the image!