BSA Officer contingency Planning

Posted By: Ready to Retire

BSA Officer contingency Planning - 06/24/08 06:55 PM

Can anyone direct me to something in writing that supports the expectation that there should be someone in the bank who is qualified to be a back-up for the BSA Officer in the case of sudden illness, etc? We were told at a BSA seminar that this is a hot topic with the examiners but were give no further information. I want to use this as a comment in my BSA Audit and would like something to back the comment up.
Posted By: renniks

Re: BSA Officer contingency Planning - 06/26/08 01:58 PM

I am the BSA Officer at my bank. We recently had a BSA exam and the examiners were very happy to hear that I had Board approved, trained back-up. We are a small bank, so my back-up person also wears many other hats, but she has been designated and trained. I don't think that this is included in any regulation, it is a strong "recommendation".
Posted By: WonderWoman

Re: BSA Officer contingency Planning - 06/26/08 03:57 PM

My examiners have been very happy to see a binder that I put together that detailed MY procedures. (what I do on a daily, monthly, quarterly ... etc ... basis)

So if I were to win the lottery & run off to Mexico - someone could essentially pick up my binder & run the show.

at least that's the idea. :o)
Posted By: Ms Auditor

Re: BSA Officer contingency Planning - 06/26/08 05:06 PM

A couple of years ago our examiners asked us to put a contingency plan in place. We've identified a trained individual to fill in for the BSA Officer if the need should ever arise.