OFAC Screening on IAT's

Posted By: complybsa

OFAC Screening on IAT's - 09/28/09 08:50 PM

We are a Fiserv client and the new reports for IATs are only generated if activity took place. I am concerned that an auditor is going to question how we know that for a giving day we had no IAT's.

As we all know Fiserv does not make mistakes!! and thinking an auditor might want a little more - as far as documentation.

Thoughts/concerns anyone??
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 09/28/09 08:56 PM

Spoke with Fiserv about this as well... they are aware of this need as a number of banks have submitted an 'enhancement request', and it is in the works.
Posted By: ACBbank

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 09/28/09 09:04 PM

I have the OCC coming in early 2010 and I was also concerned about this. I created a very basic log in order to demonstrate that the IAT's are being checked on a daily basis.

Until FiServ makes a change, there really isnt much else that can be done IMO.
Posted By: complybsa

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 09/29/09 12:46 PM

Thank you - and I will submitt a enhancement request as well...
Posted By: NewTooBSA

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 09/29/09 07:58 PM

I have done the same as ACB has done. Created an excell spreadsheet because we have AM & PM files and we either enter completed or no file and the initials of the person checking.
Posted By: AML247

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 09/30/09 05:58 PM

We are a Fiserv Bank as well and discovered that although we only had a couple of IATs, they were not showing up in the reports on the Director system. However, I've found that if I do a search on the PIM - Source Detail Listing for "IAT", then I am able to find any IATs. Of course you have to wade through all the "Associates", "Pediatrics", and "Aviation" since they use those letters in their spelling, but the only way I've been able to identify them is through this report. Until they fix the problem, that's my only solution.
Posted By: wavewatcher

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 09/30/09 08:43 PM

How about on Fidelity? Has anyone discovered how to identify the IATs - the report they created doesn't work, so I'm looking for a work-around too.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 10/01/09 01:50 PM

I guess we're lucky then. Our processor COCC has worked with Attus Watchdog to streamline the process and it works great!
Posted By: Nancyod

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 10/01/09 04:08 PM

I love COCC!
Posted By: ATLbanker

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 10/02/09 08:00 PM

We are with Fidelity BancPac. We get a report each day in our report download. They run ATTUS software against our ACH files for the day. One report each day.
Posted By: wavewatcher

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 10/06/09 02:06 AM

Is this through EDIDATA? We are fidelity BancPac too.
Posted By: Lightning

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 10/14/09 08:41 PM

We're with Fidelity too! The report is vague...if you find a work around let me know!
Posted By: DebL

Re: OFAC Screening on IAT's - 10/15/09 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Nu2BSA
We are a Fiserv Bank as well and discovered that although we only had a couple of IATs, they were not showing up in the reports on the Director system. However, I've found that if I do a search on the PIM - Source Detail Listing for "IAT", then I am able to find any IATs. Of course you have to wade through all the "Associates", "Pediatrics", and "Aviation" since they use those letters in their spelling, but the only way I've been able to identify them is through this report. Until they fix the problem, that's my only solution.

When you do the search, put a space before and a space after IAT. It doesn't give you all the extra garbage when you do that. (Tried in Director, not PIM, but in theory it should work there as well.)