OCC MLR International Wire by Country

Posted By: ItNeverEnds CRCM

OCC MLR International Wire by Country - 01/14/15 01:40 AM

Ok, I have never filled out the OCC MLR before, so bear with me. I am reviewing my MLR one final time for submission and I have read and re-read the instructions for the international wires geographical focus #6a, it says "Number of Retail Transactions" - it doesn't have the "average daily volume" in parentheses under it like #6 International Wires, just "Number", so is this the total number of wires for that country for the whole period? So if I had 12 wires to Canada the whole year, I put 12 there? And not the average?

If anyone can provide me any help I would appreciate it. I thought I had this all figured out and now I've confused myself. And I can't rely on prior years MLR being correct as a reference, so I am stuck.
Posted By: Tom Owen

Re: OCC MLR International Wire by Country - 01/14/15 03:38 PM

This is my first year as well, but I had last years as reference. It wants the average daily volume, so 12 from canada in a year would be 1, becuase we cannot have zero.

If you print the completed form:

Section A: Products/Services - Transactions
(Data for this section should reflect avergaes for the previous 12 months as of 9/30) NOTE: Geographical data is required for fields: 2,6,7,8,9,12 and 13 if the total number of Retails Transactions is greater than "0". If "0" is entered , then the geographical data is not required and will not be displayed.

In the MLR-User-Guide
Please report, by geography, the average daily number and average daily dollar volume of international wire transfer transactions processed by your bank.

Re: OCC MLR International Wire by Country - 01/14/15 04:31 PM

Thank you. That's what I had, but then I re-read the instructions and it just didn't seem clear to me. It seemed very clear on the other sections, but on the geography, the "header" didn't mention anything about averages, and I wasn't clear from the instructions. I'll have to find the sentence you referenced above.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Tom Owen

Re: OCC MLR International Wire by Country - 01/14/15 05:03 PM

Yeah I had the same issue, especially when on other sections it a very specific in the geography break down about exactly what its asking for.

The Section A segment is taken right from the form, top of page 2.

The second segment from the MLR User Guide 2014, is from bottom of page 44, the last sentence in paragraph detailing
#6 International Wire Transfers

Have a great one

Re: OCC MLR International Wire by Country - 01/14/15 05:26 PM

Thank you. I just found that section. I swear I went through that guide 100 times trying to find clarification.

Thanks again.