Marijuana Related Products question

Posted By: CantBeShocked

Marijuana Related Products question - 05/21/15 01:49 PM

Do you consider energy drinks made with hemp to be a marijuana related product? If you excluded those types of products, would you exclude a large company who produces and sells the energy drinks as in the same classification?

Thanks. I can message anyone an example of what I am talking about - don't want to put a company name on here publicly.
Posted By: ms.understood

Re: Marijuana Related Products question - 05/21/15 03:28 PM

We only consider the controlled substance itself when talking about MRBs (anyone involved in the commerce of marijuana). There is an energy drink in a green can that I had to do some research on, and there isn't any THC or controlled substances in that product - we'd bank them as any other soda company. smile

Hope that helps!
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Marijuana Related Products question - 05/22/15 02:54 PM

5 differences between hemp and marijuana

As the "energy drink" is sold on Amazon, I'm sure the company would be delighted with your posting their name in a public forum.

My opinion is that it's not a marijuana related business. However, this topic has devolved into one where individual field examiners are making the decisions about what is reportable and what is not. The only authoritative answer will come from the EIC for your next exam. As you do not know who that is, ask the EIC from your last exam.