Palestinian Authority Passport

Posted By: Daisy Doodle

Palestinian Authority Passport - 01/21/16 07:45 PM

So, I've just come across a customer (since 2011) who's CIP consisted of a passport issued by the Palestinian Authority. Her aged W-8 (no we do not have a new one-another issue) states she is a resident of Israel. I tried reading up on passports by the PA, but it appears they are not accepted in all sorts of places. It appears Israel has annexed portions of the Palestinian territories which might make it credible that she's a resident of Israel but doesn't have an Israeli passport.

Anyone else run into this?
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Palestinian Authority Passport - 01/22/16 03:46 AM

What is your issue. CIP is a one time event.
Posted By: Daisy Doodle

Re: Palestinian Authority Passport - 01/22/16 02:20 PM

I guess I was curious if other banks who allow passports as ID Documents would accept any passport at all--not every country will accept a Palestinian Authority passport even for travel. And I think the new account opener did not have a choice in her drop down for PA, so she chose Egypt instead. Yikes!
Posted By: ACBbank

Re: Palestinian Authority Passport - 01/22/16 02:49 PM

IMHO, there is no better identification document than a valid passport. Ignoring religious and political issues, which are irrelevant to identifying someone, I see no reason to turn away a customer who presents a valid passport from the Palestinian Authority.