CRB On Site Visit - ?

Posted By: SmallBank3

CRB On Site Visit - ? - 09/08/20 01:46 PM

We are beginning to conduct our first on site visits to our potential cannabis related business customers. This is new territory for me so I'm curious what others are doing for these - what are you looking for, how are you documenting it, questions you asking? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: CRB On Site Visit - ? - 09/08/20 02:35 PM

First thing on my list would be to sample the products to make sure it was a legitimate operation grin

Sorry - couldn't help it. laugh
Posted By: TryingtoComply

Re: CRB On Site Visit - ? - 09/08/20 11:10 PM

LOL! Randy!!!!! Take me with you!

Just kidding, of course........ smile (I think.....)
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: CRB On Site Visit - ? - 09/09/20 01:17 PM

Google: mrb site visit checklist

You should see a link to Cannabis Banking Policy from Sterling Compliance. In that document, it might give you some ideas.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: CRB On Site Visit - ? - 09/09/20 03:53 PM

Trying, are you registered on CBanc? If not, do so and search their document library.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: CRB On Site Visit - ? - 09/09/20 05:18 PM

I'd start with the gummies.
Posted By: BrianC

Re: CRB On Site Visit - ? - 09/09/20 05:20 PM

And then ask the owner if they are aware that the FDA has not approved CBD as an additive to food or drink. Or maybe after sampling the gummies you wouldn't care anymore! wink
Posted By: StacyLitkeGCV

Re: CRB On Site Visit - ? - 11/23/20 02:20 PM

Focus on the Cole Memo priorities. For example, observe that they are not letting in minors, checking for IDs, asking for medical cards, etc. Look for product labels that state the products should not be consumed prior to driving, or kept away from minors. Observe the volume of sales being conducted, and compare to deposit volumes for reasonableness. For example if there were 1-2 sales of say $50 a piece while you were there, does that jive with $150k in deposits for a day? Make sure sales are occurring through the front door with all the protections, and not around back.

I know this is a late reply, but I just joined the forum and saw your question. Hope this helps!