No PO Box for CTR, but what about a SAR???

Posted By: Dip

No PO Box for CTR, but what about a SAR??? - 08/01/06 08:58 PM

Can you fill in a SAR with a suspect's PO Box if that's all you have or if that's the only address on file you can verify as correct???
Posted By: devsfan

Re: No PO Box for CTR, but what about a SAR??? - 08/01/06 09:19 PM

You could always call the customer and ask for their street address, telling him/her that the information is needed since you are updating your files.
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: No PO Box for CTR, but what about a SAR??? - 08/01/06 09:22 PM

From the Word document supplementing the SAR instructions:

Item 18 - Address - Enter the permanent street address to include any apartment or suite numbers of the person identified in Items 15, 16 and 17. A Post Office Box should only be used if there is no street address. If the individual or organization is from a foreign country, enter the foreign country address.

Re: No PO Box for CTR, but what about a SAR??? - 08/01/06 09:37 PM

cool...i was able to find a physical address on a credit card check she deposited (sneaky me!). we called her and gave her some line about updating our records but she wont give her address over the phone. so i decided to use the po box on the form and put in the suspected physical address from the credit card check in the narrative section, indicating how i found that address.
Posted By: Dolly Nugent

Re: No PO Box for CTR, but what about a SAR??? - 08/03/06 12:27 AM

You can find out all kinds of information by looking at a customer's statement and transactions! Good job, dip!

Re: No PO Box for CTR, but what about a SAR??? - 08/03/06 03:25 PM

i know...actually, the phone number we had for her was not any good...i got her real phone number off a check she made out to the post office for her po box! haha!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: No PO Box for CTR, but what about a SAR??? - 08/03/06 05:04 PM

You might want to update your core system with this info. It is a CIP requirement that you have a physical address on the customer. Statement can still be sent to the PO Box, but physical address is required.