Urgent prayer request

Posted By: Buddy the Elf

Urgent prayer request - 04/28/08 04:07 PM

My cousin delivered identical twin girls on Saturday at just 26 weeks. They suffer from TTTS, a rare and life threatening condition where the twins shared the same placenta. They each weighed just over a pound. Their names are Mary Elizabeth and Mary Ellen. Little Elizabeth is having kidney problems and is in critical condition. That's as much as I know right now. I would appreciate prayers and positive thoughts for their family. Thank you!!
Posted By: Countess Kiwi

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/28/08 04:20 PM

Sending prayers right now.

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/28/08 04:25 PM

Here's a link to their blog where they have been giving updates:
http://goveaprogress.wordpress.com/
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/28/08 05:09 PM

Prayers heading their way!
Posted By: doodles

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/28/08 06:04 PM

Prayers from PA - thanks for the link to the blog.
Posted By: Walleye Woman

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/28/08 06:30 PM

Leslie, prayers are coming from your neighbor state.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/28/08 07:23 PM

More prayers from Georgia.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/28/08 07:45 PM

Prayers and good wishes coming to you and your family from Illinois.
Posted By: kitten

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 12:53 PM

prayers from new england!
Posted By: ApacheBelle72

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 01:05 PM

Prayers from Texas, God Bless your family.

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 02:59 PM

Thank you everyone. There is an update on the blog today. Elizabeth peed! Woo Hoo! There are also pictures of the girls- they are sooooooo tiny. Please continue the prayers! They have a long, long road ahead.

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 05:10 PM

PLease pray as hard as you can. Little Elizabeth is extremely critical and it's not looking good. Her kidneys just aren't functioning as they should. Her sister and brothers are on their way to Salt Lake, presumably to say goodbye. The other twin, Ellen, appears to be doing good for the time being. Please continue to pray for her but right now, focus on Elizabeth.
Posted By: Ops

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 05:22 PM

More prayers from Georgia, croak.
Posted By: kitten

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 05:23 PM

croak.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 05:27 PM

Stepping up the prayers for these tiny girls, especially Elizabeth. May God hold them safe and heal them.

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 08:28 PM

Praying again for Elizabeth - how things can change so quickly. Also praying for the siblings - they will have alot of questions and concerns when they see the girls. Prayers for the whole family - such a difficult ordeal to go through but prayers can do wonders.
Posted By: Dlynn58

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 08:32 PM

Prayers from Texas!
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/29/08 11:37 PM

So small and so tiny and yet full of amazing strength!!! Good thoughts headed their way!!!

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/30/08 06:05 PM

Update! Elizabeth is doing remarkably well- no bleeding in her head, she peed 9cc last night and her swelling has gone down! Thanks be to God and thanks to everybody's prayers and good thoughts! Hallelujah! They will be posting pictures later today or tomorrow. Keep praying that things remain good for both girls!!!!

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/30/08 06:49 PM

I had just checked the blog again before coming back to BOL and had tears in my eyes when I read the update. God is SO good and yes - miracles DO still happen. Prayers that they will both continue to improve and get stronger.
Posted By: kendrar

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/30/08 06:59 PM

I will add these two precious little ones to my prayer list - God is wonderful and he does work miracles - my daughter is one of His living miracles - she had open heart surgery when she was very young - He is wonderful!!!!
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: Urgent prayer request - 04/30/08 07:14 PM

Prayers for both Mary's!! Such tiny, precious little girls, may God bless them and may they continue to fight and thrive and grow!!