My missing dog

Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

My missing dog - 08/24/09 01:58 PM

One of my dogs wandered off the farm last Wednesday evening. She has not returned home and we've looked everywhere. We have flyers posted throughout our small town and many friends and family are on the lookout for her. Please think some kind thoughts that our Jack Russell, Izzie is returned to us soon. We miss our "middle child" very much.
Posted By: TB 12

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 02:02 PM

thoughts and prayers going your way, Okie.
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 02:06 PM

I just hate when that happens...the wondering what happened can drive you crazy. Thoughts headed your way from someone who has been there and knows just what you are feeling.
Posted By: Bagweaver

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 02:19 PM

So sorry. Maybe she'll find her way home soon and have a story to tell the other animals.

A friend of mine just had her cat of 10+ years not come back home recently. I sure do miss him when I go to her house.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 02:22 PM

I'm so sorry. Hopefully she'll be located soon and brought back home. My sister went through this a couple of years ago, but luckily her dog was found.
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 02:51 PM

Hopefully she'll find her way back home soon.
Posted By: MichelleDawn

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 03:15 PM

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm sending all the positive energy I can your way and praying Izzie is home soon.
Posted By: Dip

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 04:57 PM

Hope she comes home soon! Have you checked any shelters or the police dept to see if they picked her up?
Posted By: Zoo Mama

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 05:10 PM

I am so sorry that your baby is missing! Have you put a "lost" ad in the nearby newspapers? I found a cat several years ago that turned out to be over 10 miles from home - the owner made sure to pick up neighboring papers to look. Definately call the shelters and pound. When my Sadie was missing I thought surely they would call the number on her tag if found, but she lost her collar so they couldn't.
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 05:21 PM

I'm so sorry your middle child is missing. Let's hope she is just having a wonderful adventure and will be home this evening - - probably needing a bath.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 05:24 PM

Check with any neighbors who have kids. I've known several 'missing' dogs who just got picked up by a kid and carried home without the parents noticing for a day or two (kept in a playhouse, etc.).
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 05:27 PM

frown Good luck, okie!
Posted By: Tigg

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 05:59 PM

Hope your pet finds her way home soon. frown

Re: My missing dog - 08/24/09 06:01 PM

Thanks for the good words everyone. Our town in pretty small (population 1200) with one blinking light at the 4-way. : )

We have one neighbor (my MIL) within 1/2 mile of our house. Other two "neighbors" are over a mile away. We have flyers everywhere - school, restaurant, the Co-op, the Mill, Barber/Beauty Shops, both quick stores, Pharmacy. My husband drove everywhere and stopped at every place to put people on notice to watch for her.

We went to the football scrimmage Friday nite and everyone asked if we've found her yet.

I appreciate all the thoughts and kind words. It does help, alot. We can't rule out coyotes, but we are still hoping!
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: My missing dog - 08/25/09 04:05 AM

Hope things work out for you!!!
Posted By: KTMiteComply

Re: My missing dog - 08/25/09 05:15 PM

Sorry Okie!!!! It's awful when one of our babies can't be found!!! Thinking about you......
Posted By: QCL

Re: My missing dog - 08/25/09 05:18 PM

Anything yet Okie?

Let's not think coyotes...happy thoughts. I hope Izzie is home soon.

Re: My missing dog - 08/25/09 06:03 PM

Okie, being a JR...be sure and check a grid around your place in case she went down a varmit hole and maybe can't turn around or back out ...but you could hear her.
Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: My missing dog - 08/25/09 07:00 PM

You, your family, and Izzie are in my thoughts!!!

Re: My missing dog - 08/25/09 07:51 PM

Nothing yet. I want my Izzie back! We continue to look for her. I couln't stop looking for her last Friday nite up high in the stands at the scrimmage.

Please keep thinking the good thoughts. We've not given up yet.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: My missing dog - 08/25/09 08:12 PM

Good Thoughts coming your way! Hope your find your little stinker soon.
Posted By: QCL

Re: My missing dog - 08/25/09 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: RR joker
Okie, being a JR...be sure and check a grid around your place in case she went down a varmit hole and maybe can't turn around or back out ...but you could hear her.

That is such a good idea!! My yorkie just went in after bunnies yesterday and almost got stuck.
Posted By: MichelleDawn

Re: My missing dog - 08/27/09 03:29 PM

Any news?

Re: My missing dog - 08/27/09 05:52 PM

No news. cry You know, nothing has more personality than a JRT. Izzie was no exception. We adopted her because she flunked drug dog school (ADHD) and then she bit a grandaughter's duck! We got her because her owner wanted to find a new home to keep peace with the grandmother living next door to her. She has all sorts of ribbons that she won.

Can you imagine how much personality Izzie has? She's a pistol. She goes on the boat fishing with my husband on weekends.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: My missing dog - 08/27/09 06:26 PM

YOu are so right about those JR personalities! My neighbor has 3 and one of my bestest friends has 3 (they are like tater chips..you can't have just one)...and one of my ex's had a menagerie, but unfortunately, they have disappeared one by one as well...they like to hunt WAY tooo much.

I'm so sorry Izzie has not returned. Hopefully someone picked her up and made her their own little package of dynamite personality. I know that doesn't help you, but it's the better of the choices for "thoughts".
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: My missing dog - 08/27/09 07:46 PM

Don't give up hope of seeing her again. I had a boxer follow me home one day (it's been several years ago now). I hadn't seen any 'lost dog' signs, but it was wearing a collar with faded tags, so I knew it had a home. I was able to read the name of the vet on the rabies tag and called his office. The vet called the owners and gave them my contact information.

It turned out the dog had wandered off over 2 weeks earlier, and was many miles from home. This was in the city, too. The owners were extremely happy to get their pup back.

Re: My missing dog - 08/28/09 11:36 AM

Okie - I'm still thinking of you. I would be lost without my JRT, Libby.

I really hope she makes her way home, or is found soon! {{hugs}} smile
Posted By: Dip

Re: My missing dog - 09/29/09 07:54 PM

No doggie? frown Really sorry you haven't been able to share any good news. Hope you and your family is ok.

Re: My missing dog - 09/29/09 08:40 PM

Oh gosh. Thanks for asking. No Izzie! We miss her a lot. She's been missing 6 weeks now. I love, love all my other dogs, but Izzie had so much personality. She was such a naughty troublemaker and we had so much fun with her.

I'm not sure if I told you in this thread but we adopted Izzie at 3 1/2 years old from a friend that was fostering her. Izzie had bit the duck next door and the lady was putting up such a fuss that my friend wanted to find a new home for her. (The duck belonged to the next door neighbor's grandaughter)

Izzie is a redneck and fit perfectly into our family. She was also a dog that "flunked" drug dog school because she couldn't pay attention. She came with ribbons and papers and personality.

*sigh*

Re: My missing dog - 09/29/09 11:06 PM

frown