My greyhound

Posted By: Skittles

My greyhound - 05/27/10 12:03 PM

Most of you know that my husband and I adopted a retired racing greyhound about 3 1/2 years ago. Attitude will be 10 on Sunday, and last week he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He's on two medications, which have helped him; however we have no idea what the future brings. The vet has suggested that we keep him in the house, except to let him out about 3 times a day to do his business and then back in. The only way we could do that is to crate him. We have a dog door and 3 other dogs so keeping the door shut all day is impossible <don't think the shelties could hold it>.

We have made the decision to let nature take it's course. We will continue to love him to pieces and give him his medication, but don't want him to feel punished and crated just so he could live a few more months while the others are free to roam.

Attitude is the sweetest most gentle creature. Everywhere he goes people love on him. We also teach people about the plight of the greyhound whenever they ask if he raced and about his scars.
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: My greyhound - 05/27/10 12:10 PM

Skittles, I am so very sorry to hear this. I remember some of the challenges you've had with 'tude...Wow so lucky to have wound up in your home.

FWIW, I think you are making the wisest decision.
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: My greyhound - 05/27/10 01:18 PM

That little beauty was so lucky to have found you! I know it won't be easy, but I just so agree with quality of life over quantity for him. I know any of mine would hate being separated from their pack. I couldn't imagine crating one of my adult dogs at this point because they wouldn't understanding what is going on. IMO your decision sounds like the best choice for him.
Posted By: manylayers

Re: My greyhound - 05/27/10 02:36 PM

DS, my heart goes out to you and your furry family....this is never an easy decision...but you are showing him more love and respect, and dignity than he probably ever knew before coming to you. I can't imagine the joy that he has known during his time with you...THIS is what it's all about.
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: My greyhound - 05/27/10 02:39 PM

Enjoy the time you have left with Attitude. Every day with him is a gift.
Posted By: bOaty

Re: My greyhound - 05/27/10 02:45 PM

Sorry to hear the news...big ((hugs)) Skittles. Attitude is lucky to have found you and I'm sure the past few years have been the best of his life. smile

You are making the right decision.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: My greyhound - 05/27/10 05:21 PM

So sorry to hear about Attitude, Skittles. I know how much your dogs mean to you and how special this one is. FWIW, I think you're doing the right thing.
Posted By: KTMiteComply

Re: My greyhound - 05/27/10 10:06 PM

I agree...you are a very special person. So very sorry to hear this and pray God's loving hand of Peace on Attitude as well as you and your family!
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: My greyhound - 05/28/10 01:27 AM

Duchess - I agree that you are doing the right thing. What's the point of a few more days if spent in misery?

Bless you and your pets and enjoy each and every moment with them.
Posted By: Kitty

Re: My greyhound - 05/28/10 02:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like you are doing the right thing.
Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: My greyhound - 05/28/10 02:50 PM

A tough decision to make, it sounds like you are making the right one...sorry to hear you have to make it at all frown
Posted By: B_F

Re: My greyhound - 05/28/10 03:19 PM

Attitude will be waiting for you!

Quote:
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I hope you'll consider taking another greyhound into your heart. There are so many in need right now, as tracks are closing across the country.
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: My greyhound - 05/29/10 05:48 PM

Like Gigi said, enjoy every day with Attitude What a blessing this time can be for you.

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/10 02:54 PM

Thanks for all of your kind words. We have no idea if he's got 2 months or 2 years. Today is his 10th birthday, and this doesn't seem like a good day. Of course the heat may not be helping, although we're keeping our air lower than we usually do. Maybe he'll perk up later.
Posted By: califgirl

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/10 05:49 PM

Happy birthday to Attitude! I hope he is feeling better.
Posted By: TB 12

Re: My greyhound - 06/01/10 07:47 PM

Duchess-thoughts and prayers to you and Attitude
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: My greyhound - 06/01/10 07:52 PM

frown
Posted By: FloBear

Re: My greyhound - 06/03/10 07:05 PM

Oh Duchess, So sorry to here about Attitude, been so busy I haven't been checking in. He was a lucky dog to have found you for his last years tho.

Re: My greyhound - 06/04/10 05:36 PM

Happy belated BD, 'Tude!

Re: My greyhound - 06/04/10 06:10 PM

Skittles, Suzanne is expecting to hear from you. She's got some of the meds you'll need that she can send you free from what I understood!
Posted By: Sound Tactic

Re: My greyhound - 06/04/10 06:20 PM

Sorry to hear about this DS. frown

Re: My greyhound - 06/04/10 06:31 PM

Thanks BF. I may try to contact her next week. He's actually been doing well the past few days. Of course it's been raining so he hasn't been trying to run around in the back yard.

I spoke with the lady that runs the rescue where we adopted 'Tude. Her husband had a greyhound that contract congestive heart failure. He lived for about 2 years with it - so we do have hope.

Thanks for everyone's prayers and well wishes.
Posted By: Night Train

Re: My greyhound - 06/04/10 07:44 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (belated)

DS, I just found this thread and, of course, knew Attitude was sick. I just didn't realize all of his background. I know he means the world and I believe you all are making a great decision to allow him to be himself for as long as he can. Always in my thoughts and prayers!

Have a great weekend! smile

Re: My greyhound - 06/02/11 01:53 PM

It's been a year now since Attitude was diagnosed and he's not doing very well these days. He's happy most of the time, eats well, but his congestion is getting worse. Yesterday we added a third medication to the mix and we've increased the dosage on his Lasix. The heat is taking it's toll too, even though he spends most of his time indoors. I'm afraid that time is drawing near and I'm not ready.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: My greyhound - 06/02/11 04:22 PM

((hugs)) frown
Posted By: Dip

Re: My greyhound - 06/02/11 06:36 PM

frown

Re: My greyhound - 06/02/11 06:53 PM

Hugs skittles.
Posted By: wavewatcher

Re: My greyhound - 06/02/11 07:27 PM

i know this is not an easy time for you. keeping attitude safe and healthy is the best gift you can give him. aloha

Re: My greyhound - 06/02/11 07:36 PM

Thanks. Maybe I'll go home today and he'll be much better with the new medication. I was scared to death that I'd go home Tuesday and he'd be gone.

Re: My greyhound - 06/02/11 08:30 PM

I'm sorry to hear he's getting worse, but happy to hear he is still around smile

Re: My greyhound - 06/02/11 08:50 PM

We celebrated his 11th birthday on Monday. The vet said yesterday that that was ancient for a greyhound. They are just such sweet and gentle creatures.

Re: My greyhound - 06/03/11 03:40 AM

11 isn't ancient. I've met several 12-14 year old greys smile

Re: My greyhound - 06/03/11 12:09 PM

I guess if you 'average' their ages, BF - with all of the ones put down when their racing careers are over - these are ancient for that specific breed.

Another good night, but not as good as Wednesday or Tuesday. We're taking it one day at a time.
Posted By: TINKerBell

Re: My greyhound - 06/03/11 01:51 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tude. It's so hard watching your pet decline....
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: My greyhound - 06/03/11 02:06 PM

Hugs and prayers for you, DS. I hope that the new meds will kick in and your furry baby will start to see some improvement!!

Re: My greyhound - 06/06/11 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
I guess if you 'average' their ages, BF - with all of the ones put down when their racing careers are over - these are ancient for that specific breed.

Another good night, but not as good as Wednesday or Tuesday. We're taking it one day at a time.

Glad to hear you had a good night. You and your dog deserve the best. smile

Re: My greyhound - 06/06/11 03:53 PM

As of right now the increased Lasix and whatever this new drug is seem to be helping some. Less fluid and resting comfortably - even played with a stuffed squeaky toy yesterday briefly.

Re: My greyhound - 06/06/11 04:21 PM

I'm so happy to hear that, DS!!!! Continued prayers!!!!!!!!!

Re: My greyhound - 06/06/11 06:07 PM

Great to hear that Skittles. smile
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: My greyhound - 06/07/11 04:06 PM

I'm a big racing fan, for disclosure purposes. I cannot for the life of me understand how people who race animals (whether horses or greyhounds) don't take the responsibility for the care of these animals after they're done racing. Many do i know, and i think it's great that people such as you Duchess take in these animals. Racing is a great sport. But it needs to come with responsibility. My two cents. (And may your greyhound live another ten happy years Duchess.)
Posted By: jaenelle

Re: My greyhound - 06/07/11 04:40 PM

Prayers for the continued health (at least as good as it can be) for Attitude. They really are our family members and I never can understand people who don't believe that.

Re: My greyhound - 06/08/11 02:28 PM

How's the pup today?

Re: My greyhound - 06/08/11 02:36 PM

Well, he's doing OK this morning; although we're having trouble getting all of his pills in him. I think the old sheltie got one of his pills last night, but luckily he's fine. He had some congestion issues during the night, though, and my husband moved to another bedroom.

Thanks so much for asking. We're going out of town next week and I'm so concerned about him, although the people that take care of him are great.

Re: My greyhound - 06/08/11 03:11 PM

Bless his heart!!!
It's hard to leave them any time but when they are sick, it's really hard!! I'm sure they will take excellent care of him.

Re: My greyhound - 06/09/11 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: raitchjay
I'm a big racing fan, for disclosure purposes. I cannot for the life of me understand how people who race animals (whether horses or greyhounds) don't take the responsibility for the care of these animals after they're done racing. Many do i know, and i think it's great that people such as you Duchess take in these animals. Racing is a great sport. But it needs to come with responsibility. My two cents. (And may your greyhound live another ten happy years Duchess.)

Jay, it's not just post racing that is the problem. They should be required to keep the animals free from fleas and ticks. They should run fewer races to keep injuries from happening as often. SO many reforms are needed.

Re: My greyhound - 06/09/11 06:53 PM

B_F.....i don't follow greyhound racing (seen it a few times at an OTB), so i'll have to defer to you on that. I agree with what you say in regards to that. As for horse racing, i agree that there are some problems. Medication needs to come under national regulation (too many differences from state to state) and the rogue trainers (Richard Dutrow and the like) who will not take medication rules seriously need to be banned from the sport. I don't think (and i'm not saying you were saying this) that over-working horses is a problem for the most part in the thoroughbred racing world. Good horses nowadays run 5 times a year whereas 30 and 40 years ago (when medication wasn't as sophisticated), they would run 15 or more times a year. Even bottom level claimers usually don't run more than 15-18 times a year.

Re: My greyhound - 06/09/11 07:37 PM

I don't know how it works in horse racing, but in hound racing, being banned almost never has any consequences because they only get banned from one track and can move on to another until they get the ban lifted by promising to do better. (But let's not steal the thread with rants and just pray for 'tude!)

Re: My greyhound - 06/09/11 07:36 PM

Yes, sorry...wasn't trying to derail. Still hoping your dog gets better Duchess.

Re: My greyhound - 06/09/11 08:07 PM

That's OK guys. I'm a greyhound advocate and I like educating people about their plight <horses too>. When we used to take 'Tude to events we called him an ambassador because people would ask so many questions about him and racing.

Honestly, I don't think he's going to get better. This heat is awful - and last night was another bad one, although he's still eating anything you put in front of him.
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: My greyhound - 06/09/11 08:42 PM

Skittles, dad is a vet and I asked him, specifically about prognosis. He, obviously, could only give basic information as he has not examined Tude. But here it is. Yes he will most like likely succumb eventually, but they have had excellent results with meds and allowing good quality of life for what remains. But some last a very long time on the meds.
The most important thing is that he is getting to spend a part of his life with people that love him, treat him well and expect nothing but love from him!! You just can't do any better than that girl! It is a wonderful thing that you have done!!!

Re: My greyhound - 06/09/11 08:53 PM

Thanks - you brought tears to my eyes. All we can do, besides give him the medication, is love him to pieces. He may last awhile longer, but this heat is so difficult for him to handle - even being inside. The love part is easy - watching him struggle is not.

Re: My greyhound - 06/09/11 09:08 PM

Happy tears I hope. Just keep in where he can have water and shade and your smile. smile

Re: My greyhound - 06/10/11 02:52 AM

Skittles, I think every greyhound that gets adopted ends up an ambassador! (Except the spooks!)

Re: My greyhound - 06/10/11 12:01 PM

I hope so - they are very noble creatures - and most people don't understand what happens to them or how they are treated. With Attitude's 1/2 ear and scars it was easy to explain things to them.

BTW - last night was a GREAT night for the 'Tude.

Re: My greyhound - 06/10/11 03:32 PM

That's good news!
Posted By: Dlynn58

Re: My greyhound - 06/10/11 04:03 PM

Still praying for you and'Tude. My heart hurts for you having to go through this...

Re: My greyhound - 06/10/11 05:02 PM

It stinks when our 'best friends' get old frown Continuing to pray for you, DS, along with Attitude and Gabe.
Posted By: Tigg

Re: My greyhound - 06/10/11 09:14 PM

frown Prayers.

Re: My greyhound - 06/15/11 02:41 PM

Any update?

Re: My greyhound - 06/15/11 03:02 PM

It's just day to day. It's been overcast and cooler so he's been better - and he slept GREAT last night, which is good for us, too - since all of our dogs sleep in our room.

Thanks for asking. I have a pic of him on my i-phone that I need to get to Michele to see if she can turn it into an avatar for me.

Re: My greyhound - 06/15/11 04:28 PM

Glad to hear that 'Tude is doing better in this weather.
Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: My greyhound - 06/15/11 05:37 PM

Thinking about your family and Attitude...glad you are all getting a break from the heat. smile

Re: My greyhound - 03/08/12 07:16 PM

Attitude is getting weaker and losing weight. We don't think he's going to be with us much longer. This is a huge blow to my husband. We lost his mother in October and Gabe (sheltie) a month ago.

Re: My greyhound - 03/08/12 07:17 PM

I'm sorry Duchess. A prayer you all.
Posted By: manimal

Re: My greyhound - 03/08/12 07:32 PM

::hugs::

Thinking of you and your loved ones, furry and human. smile
Posted By: Phoenix

Re: My greyhound - 03/08/12 07:33 PM

lots of hugs to all, 2-legs and 4-legs -

Re: My greyhound - 03/08/12 07:36 PM

I'm so sorry, DS frown. Having lost 2 pups in 2 days a couple of years ago, I can relate to the magnitude of your loss.

Re: My greyhound - 03/09/12 02:54 PM

I'm so sorry about your sweet baby. I just cry for you. I was praying that he could stay a little longer. Please know that your BOL family will be thinking of you.
Posted By: thomasj

Re: My greyhound - 03/09/12 03:04 PM

So sorry to hear about Attitude. I remember when you guys got him and I know how much he means to both of you. Thoughts and prayers to for you all.

Re: My greyhound - 03/19/12 07:33 PM

DS - how is Attitude?

Re: My greyhound - 03/19/12 09:21 PM

Not very good - and thanks for asking. I'm leaving this decision to my husband and he is reluctant. It's so hard to determine if he still has any quality of life. He does get excited when we get home from work and still eats well. Yesterday he spent the majority of the day sleeping on the couch. You could hear his chest rattle when he breathed. I don't think it's going to be too long. We've got the air on at home to keep the temperature down and humidity out.

Re: My greyhound - 03/19/12 09:29 PM

Bless Attitude's little heart. I'll be thinging of you. I believe y'all will know when he has reached the point of no return and the right time has come. I'll be saying a prayer for him and your family.
Posted By: Phoenix

Re: My greyhound - 03/20/12 01:21 AM

hugs to all -
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: My greyhound - 03/20/12 01:43 PM

Thinking of y'all, Skittles. frown

Re: My greyhound - 03/21/12 08:15 PM

Thoughts from New England going your way Duchess.
Posted By: Buddy the Elf

Re: My greyhound - 03/21/12 10:25 PM

Sorry Duchess Skittles.

Re: My greyhound - 03/22/12 12:24 PM

Thanks to everyone - and I really appreciate all of the kind words. I'm letting my husband take the lead on any decisions. When we went to adopt a greyhound we had another one in mind - that totally ignored us. Attitude came up to Bill from behind the chain-link fence and put his head in Bill's hand. Attitude chose Bill and we are so thrilled that he did.

He's not eating quite as much - and yesterday left almost half of his breakfast; however he's still doing 'cute greyhound things' sometimes.

I probably won't post again until after this is over. I don't know how much longer; however I don't think it will be more than 2 weeks. It's up to Attitude and Bill.

Re: My greyhound - 03/22/12 01:10 PM

Hugs Duchess...

Re: My greyhound - 03/22/12 01:39 PM

::hugs and tail wags::
Posted By: Bagweaver

Re: My greyhound - 03/22/12 01:56 PM

So sorry to hear about Attitude.

Re: My greyhound - 03/27/12 08:02 PM

Thinking about you!

Re: My greyhound - 03/28/12 06:11 PM

Skittles, you know you're going to have to be extra cuddly when Attitude is gone. Hubby will be missing the affection and cuddles that greyhounds are so well known for.

Oh, and you have to figure out how to run a tight figure eight in the back yard at 30 miles per hour too!

Re: My greyhound - 03/28/12 08:21 PM

BF - you made me smile. Hey - I AM extra cuddly; however I don't run the figure 8's. I do miss seeing the running, though. Watching a greyhound race around is an amazing site - especially if they're just doing it for fun and not because they're racing around the track.

Re: My greyhound - 03/29/12 02:26 PM

BF - you made me smile. Hey - I AM extra cuddly; however I don't run the figure 8's. I do miss seeing the running, though. Watching a greyhound race around is an amazing site - especially if they're just doing it for fun and not because they're racing around the track.

That was my intent! Glad it worked. Yes, I completely agree that there is nothing quite like watching a greyhound race around the yard just doing zoomies and having a good time. They're a sight to behond running on a track competitively, but the joy they have doing it just for fun is much better.

Re: My greyhound - 04/10/12 12:13 PM

Although I said I wouldn't post - obviously I am. Attitude is hanging in there. He's eating better, for the most part, but is still struggling at times. He still loves his people and is fighting to stick around. Last night he was humming loudly while I gave him is ear rubs (or ear-gasms as the greyhound rescue group calls them).

Thanks for thinking and praying for the old guy!!!

Re: My greyhound - 04/10/12 01:15 PM

Thanks for the update. smile

Re: My greyhound - 04/10/12 02:16 PM

You give love Duchess, you cant do better than that! {{HUGZ}}

Re: My greyhound - 04/10/12 06:26 PM

Thanks for the update. Oh bless his big sweet heart. Sending good thoughts that way.

Re: My greyhound - 04/11/12 12:50 PM

Skittles, thank you for the update! Please don't stop keeping me updated! You know how I feel about greyt dogs! smile

Re: My greyhound - 04/11/12 12:53 PM

Thinking of you and Attitude duchess!

Re: My greyhound - 04/13/12 09:59 PM

It sounds like he's not ready to leave you yet, Skittles. We're continuing to pray for your family.

Re: My greyhound - 04/14/12 12:13 PM

He's not; however I don't think he feels good most of the time - and his arthritis is bad. He's laying on the floor right now looking at me with those huge liquid brown eyes.
Posted By: wavewatcher

Re: My greyhound - 04/16/12 11:22 PM

hang in there. these racers have inner strength to endure the race through pain. and love their humans. (we have a whippet, so i feel my pups love daily.)

my prayers for you (and your husband)and attitude.

Re: My greyhound - 04/17/12 11:50 AM

Thanks - bad night last night. I think Attitude may be aspirating some food when he eats. He spent the majority of the night trying to get it out. We didn't sleep much and he's exhausted, too.

Re: My greyhound - 05/10/12 05:06 PM

<<<<<Everybody - meet Attitude.

He's still hanging in there. The weather has cooled which helps him greatly. He even was a little spunky for a few minutes last night and the night before.

BTW - his right ear is only 1/2 an ear so he can't hold it up like the other (no support). That's what gives him the adorable crooked-ear look.

Re: My greyhound - 05/10/12 05:38 PM

Great-looking dog. smile

Re: My greyhound - 05/10/12 09:28 PM

Hello pretty baby. Love the ear. It give you attitude! Enjoy your cooler weather. Hope it hangs around for a little while for you.

Re: My greyhound - 05/17/12 07:01 PM

::like::

Re: My greyhound - 05/17/12 08:24 PM

Great pic DS!

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 12:32 PM

Today Attitude turned 12. Honestly two months ago I wouldn't have thought he would have made it to this day, but he did. Tonight he gets ice cream.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 12:34 PM

Happy birthday, Attitude!

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 12:35 PM

Thats great news Duchess!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 12:50 PM

Yay!

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 01:28 PM

Today Attitude turned 12. Honestly two months ago I wouldn't have thought he would have made it to this day, but he did. Tonight he gets ice cream.

Happy Birthday Attitude! Did you buy enough ice cream to share with the rest of us? smile

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 01:39 PM

No, but I'm getting enough to share with the other 2 dogs (although it won't be total ice cream - probably more of a frozen yogurt).

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 01:45 PM

Sounds like a good birthday!

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 02:16 PM

Glad for you and for Attitude!!! Enjoy your yogurt!!
Posted By: doodles

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 02:34 PM

Way to go Attitude! Happy Birthday. Enjoy the ice cream

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 02:35 PM

Buy the doggies Frosty Paws™ doggie ice cream. They used to carry it at our Wal-Mart™

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 02:41 PM

Happy Birthday, Attitude!

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 05:13 PM

No, but I'm getting enough to share with the other 2 dogs (although it won't be total ice cream - probably more of a frozen yogurt).
Just make sure it's not chocolate smile

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: thomasj
Buy the doggies Frosty Paws™ doggie ice cream. They used to carry it at our Wal-Mart™
Far more expensive than hitting a soft-serve place and buying a kiddie cone smile

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 05:45 PM

I got fat free frozen yogurt - and it didn't have too much sugar in it. I know he'll like it.

Re: My greyhound - 05/30/12 07:37 PM

Frosty Paws™ are non-dairy and specially made for dogs. I never fed my dogs ice cream as I've heard it's not good for them. I have occassionally given frozen yogurt though....

Re: My greyhound - 06/01/12 08:24 PM

Happy Birthday Attitude! Hope you enjoyed your "present" of yogurt.

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 11:51 AM

Last night Attitude crossed the Rainbow Bridge. He's now with Gabe and running through the meadows - waiting for us. It was an extremely difficult decision to make but he's no longer in pain. It was as peaceful as it possibly could have been - on his own bed - in his own home - surrounded by the people who love him.

Thanks for all of the prayers you have bestowed upon us over the two year course since he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. They have all helped.
Posted By: NotPerfect

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 12:28 PM

Hugs to your Skittles and to your furry little guardian angel.

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 12:59 PM

I'm so sorry to hear Duchess. frown I'm glad he is now in peace.

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 01:27 PM

I'm so sorry. This is the post I didn't want to see for a while, with me also having one that is ailing. Sending healing thoughts your way to help you in the loss of the friend you were so lucky to have found.
Posted By: doodles

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 01:41 PM

I was so afraid that this was "the post" and I hated to open it to confirm that Attitude was gone. So sorry for you and I know that there is a big hole right now. Attitude was lucky to have had you as parents and have as much love as he did. So sorry for your loss. Makes me want to go home right now and hug my babies.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 01:47 PM

I am so sorry Duchess. It is good to know he has a buddy to keep each other company until you see him again.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 01:48 PM

Oh I am so sorry, Duchess. I'll be thinking of y'all.
Posted By: TINKerBell

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 02:00 PM

I am so sorry about your loss....but am glad he passed peacefully and he is no longer suffering. My prayers are with you!

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 02:06 PM

I'm sorry Skittles. frown

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 03:02 PM

So sorry for your loss, but so happy for all the love you gave and got.
Posted By: califgirl

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 03:21 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. frown It's hard to let them go, but I'm sure he knew how much you loved him. ((hugs))
Posted By: The Minion

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 05:45 PM

Duchess, I feel so bad, yet I think he may be happy where he is now, too. You did so much for him over the last 2 years, you should revel in the good stuff now.
Posted By: DebL

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 06:58 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Letting them go is so hard, even when you know it's for the best. Hang in there and try to focus on all the happiness he brought you while he was here.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: My greyhound - 07/03/12 07:08 PM

So sorry, Skittles. (((hugs)))

Re: My greyhound - 07/04/12 01:33 PM

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. It's funny though, because I recently met a greyhound in Louisville, and I thought of you. Her name is High Heart, and she's a super goofy cutie pie!

When you're ready, there will be another wonderful dog to fill part of the empty hole in your heart where Attitude will forever live.

http://www.greyhoundsofshamrock.org/high-heart

Re: My greyhound - 07/05/12 01:25 PM

Duchess...I am so sorry for your loss.