Prayers for my brother

Posted By: Princess of Power

Prayers for my brother - 04/26/11 11:58 PM

Found out Friday 4/22. my brother has stage 4 oral cancer that has spread to the lympnoids. Biopsey on his spine (T5) to be performed this week. Please pray that it has not spread and he will have the strength to endure 7 weeks of radiation & chemo to start on Monday.
Posted By: Tigg

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 10:50 AM

Wow. Prayers from LA.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 12:09 PM

Prayers coming for your brother, Princess.
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 12:41 PM

Prayers of PA for all of you.
Posted By: Happy Drugs

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 01:26 PM

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 02:31 PM

Prayers from TX!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 03:26 PM

Your brother and family are in my prayers.
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 03:42 PM

Princess, yes, I will join your many other BOL prayer warriors and be praying for you and your brother.

Psalm 31:24 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 05:03 PM

Prayers for your family. Cancer can be a nasty thing.
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/27/11 08:25 PM

Prayers for he and his doctors.....and you.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 04/30/11 12:53 AM

Biopsey came back clear ~_~. Spirits are high and a calming weekend at the ocean planned before chemo & radiation on Monday. Bless you all for the prayers that have been sent and for those to come.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/02/11 01:35 PM

God bless the treatment starting today.
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/02/11 02:47 PM

Prayers from TN!!
Posted By: fun grandma

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/02/11 07:40 PM

Glad the biopsy came back clear and hope the treatments are a success. Cancer is an ugly disease, but it can be beaten with the right treatments and attitude. Good luck to all of you in this journey.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/12/11 03:38 PM

Update: Minor surgery the 5th to insert power port and gastric feeding tube. Went well. His humor is up there ~ told his wife he wanted strawberry flavor for the g tube feeding. She went off to the nurse demanding it for him, before we all burst out laughing and she blushed a beautiful strawberry shade of red. Major chemo (4 day drip) starts today. He is determined to win this battle, so continued prayers are greatly appreciated.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/12/11 03:49 PM

a sense of humor does help. Prayers that he will be strong throughout this treatment and healed by it.
Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/12/11 03:58 PM

I agree about the sense of humor! And a positive outlook makes a big difference! Prayers for you all! smile
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/12/11 04:27 PM

A sense of humor is a gift of God. So, apparently, is your brother! So glad it is going well! Continued prayers!
Posted By: wavewatcher

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/12/11 05:52 PM

prayers during the treatment. hopefully his sense of humor will carry him through.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/18/11 04:08 PM

Round 1 of chemo went well and resting up for Round 2 to start on the 31st (his birthday ~ hopefully it is the gift of life). He is feeling down today as he will not be able to attend his son's graduation from UC Berkley tomorrow. Have ordered the video for him, but not quite the same. His son has battled Muscular Dystephry(sp)since age 8 and this is such a major milestone for him. His determination is an awsome inspiration to te entire family. Please continue to lift my brother up in your prayers as they provide such comfort and inspiration to all of us.
Posted By: Happy Drugs

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/19/11 01:21 PM

Prayers to all your family! It sounds like they are a very strong family.
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/19/11 05:19 PM

What a story!!!Prayers to you all for continued success and patience during this time....

Re: Prayers for my brother - 05/20/11 11:10 PM

many more prayers (some have already been answered for your family). praying for healing powers and patience since things don't always go as planned.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 06/01/11 12:04 AM

Update ~ Oy! What a roller coaster this journey has been. Developed bowel infection, intestional infection, blood infection and lung infection & acute reneal failure. Hospitalized evening of the 18th & still there. Major antibotics and blood transfusions, almost lost him on the 23rd. He is such a fighter and an inspiration to me. I believe prayer and his will carried him thru thus far. They will be re-evaluating the chemo dose for the next round after he gets some strength back. Not exactly where he wanted to be for his birthday today, but so very grateful to be here for it. Hoping to be be home by end of week.Thank you all again for lifting our spirit during this journey.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 06/01/11 09:00 PM

oh my. belief and prayers have guided him thusfar. many more healing prayers so he can enjoy a "real" birthday party later this week.
Posted By: BrendaC

Re: Prayers for my brother - 06/02/11 09:28 PM

Praying for him and his family as he fights this battle.
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: Prayers for my brother - 06/03/11 02:06 PM

Prayers from TN!!!

Re: Prayers for my brother - 06/03/11 07:27 PM

He is headed for home today. Will be meeting with oncologist on Monday to discuss next course of treatment. He was concerned with his daughter's reaction to seeing him with the many bald spots on his head, so he used a lint roller before leaving the hospital today to remove the very little remaining hair he had. It was "so him" to be concerned for his family. (FYI - it actually worked)

Re: Prayers for my brother - 06/03/11 11:44 PM

i hope he can laugh about the image i have in my head - using a lint roller over your head. sounds like he still has a sense of humor (and lots of love for his family).

Re: Prayers for my brother - 06/22/11 04:12 PM

Update ~ Round 2 of Chemo set for tomorrow 06/23, another 4 day drip. He is able to take soft food by mouth now and hopes to be able to continue to do so. Has gained back 5 of the 35 pounds lost. He is working 2 days a week and another 1 to 2 from home as well as working with a personal trainer to try to keep strength and muscle tone up. Continued prayers that this round will keep the tumor shrinking without such dramatic side effects. Thanks to all that have sent prayers already ~_~. One more treatment closer to beating this thing called cancer as no other option is viable!!

Re: Prayers for my brother - 06/22/11 10:19 PM

another round of prayers for the start of the treatment - always difficult because you "know" what to expect.

cheers to the weight gain and working 2 days a week. keeping his energy level up and keeping your mind distracted can only help him recover. (worked for me anyway)

prayers for successful of shrinking the tumor.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 07/19/11 07:25 PM

Update ~ Round 2 of chemo went fairly well - only 7 days in the hospital with C-Diff and minimal weight loss. They changed up the "cocktail" for Round 3 which started 7-14. Only a few days of feeling punk and a bad case of vertigo, but no hospitalization ~ YEAH. He is back to work today and starts again with his trainer on Thurs. Pet(sp?) scan the 28th to see where he stands. The tumor has definetely shrunk as it is no longer visable on the outside of his neck, although he can still feel it somewhat on the inside of his throat AND amazingly his voice has come back and he sounds like my brother again. Radiation 5 days a week & chemo 1 day a week to start tenatively the 8th of Aug for 7 to 8 weeks depending the the scan results. Continued prayers definetly appreciated as there is no stronger med's than the power of his will. We are also praying that he is able to attend his god-son's wedding on 8-7 (my son) as he has been asked to be his best man if he is able.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 07/19/11 08:40 PM

wow! the update is uplifting and incredible. so glad the power of prayer is working to help him through the treatments and most importantly shrinking the tumors.

i am always humbled by folks like your brother going through treatment, pushing through and getting back to "regular" life.

continued prayers for continued recovery. have fun at the upcoming events, you'll all be happily teary eyed at the wedding (for a multitude of reasons).

Re: Prayers for my brother - 07/20/11 12:06 PM

Thanks so much for posting this and I'm continuing the prayers for your brother. He sounds like a very strong man.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 07/29/11 06:22 PM

UPDATE....... Just finished sitting here at my desk bawling my eyes out as I am amazed and overwhelmed at the power of prayer. Petscan results just in ~ CANCER FREE ~. Radiation will still occur starting in August just to make sure no sleeper cells are lurking, but no more chemo. And YES he is attending my son's wedding on the 7th of August and STANDING as best man.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 07/29/11 06:45 PM

What amazing and fantastic news. I'm so glad you posted!
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Prayers for my brother - 07/29/11 07:44 PM

Exciting news! Our God is an AWESOME God! wink
Posted By: 3-2-Go

Re: Prayers for my brother - 07/29/11 08:28 PM

So True!! Wonderful news.

Re: Prayers for my brother - 07/30/11 01:49 AM

i am so happy for you and your brother. the wedding will surely be a joyous occasion for the whole family.

prayers continue for continued good health.