NAMI fundraising request

Posted By: corkygirl

NAMI fundraising request - 08/03/11 09:55 PM

Hello

I'm taking part in the NAMI DuPage Run for the Mind 2011 to raise money for NAMI of DuPage County, Illinois - please make a donation by visiting my FirstGiving page: Corky's NAMI DuPage Run for the Mind Fundraising Page

I am on the Board of Directors and we are moving forward with a new vision to provide employment training/education/placement, counceling and assistance in finding housing, socialization opportunities along with our existing education and support programs. This is a huge undertaking that will involve owning our own building in order to provide proactive much needed services to those who live with mental illness. More than 75% of all individuals who live with mental illness struggle to maintain employment and housing and we feel we can help fill that gap.

My oldest son Michael lives with Bipolar disease and while he is fully employed, married and living an active productive life I know that at any time he is just one breakdown away from losing it all. Living with a brain that does it's best to distroy you while going through the day in and day out of life is difficult enough, add the stigma of mental illness to that and it gets even harder.

If you have been touched by mental illness in a loved one you know how hard it is, so please consider donating even a small amount. You can donate online with a credit card. All donations are secure and sent directly to NAMI of DuPage County, Illinois by FirstGiving, who will email you a printable record of your donation.

Thank you,
Corky
Posted By: kitten

Re: NAMI fundraising request - 08/03/11 10:31 PM

Hi hun!

I'll donate once payday hits. smile
Posted By: TINKerBell

Re: NAMI fundraising request - 08/04/11 11:04 AM

you got it my friend....will visit the site once I get home.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: NAMI fundraising request - 08/04/11 12:05 PM

Me too, Corky.
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: NAMI fundraising request - 08/04/11 01:14 PM

You got it Corky!
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: NAMI fundraising request - 08/04/11 04:23 PM

You got it!!!! smile
Posted By: Bailey.

Re: NAMI fundraising request - 08/05/11 03:18 PM

bless you for being so involved, corkygirl.