Unexpected Deployment

Posted By: GenerousLife

Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 01:59 PM

Our family is facing a middle-eastern deployment within the next 3 weeks. Their second child is to be born in 4 weeks. This came very unexpectedly and with less than 30 days notice. Your prayers are requested in a very big way.
Posted By: ecrew,CRCM

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 02:56 PM

Prayers for your family, for a healthy baby, and a safe return.
Posted By: manimal

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 03:14 PM

Definitely thinking of you and your family. And the little one too! smile
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 03:17 PM

That sounds like really bad timing....Prayers going up for your family..
Posted By: Summer Nights

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 03:40 PM

Prayers for your family, a safe deployment, a healthy baby and an early homecoming
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 04:25 PM

Gods blessings and protection for you all!!
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 06:47 PM

I'm sorry kiddo. I will be thinking of your family.

Will the whole family be going? Can't they come here until that new baby is old enough to travel? That gets my vote.

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 06:50 PM

The deployment would be for the husband only. No possibility of family going to a war zone. If it goes forward, daughter and babies will move home for the duration, but Dad will miss the birth and first 8 months of new baby.
Posted By: Y'all Comply

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/19/12 08:29 PM

Prayers for all.
Posted By: Phoenix

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/20/12 02:49 PM

hugs for all of your service and support, and prayers for the best of outcomes on all fronts!

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/20/12 02:52 PM

Got word this morning of a possible delay in the deployment date. Your prayers are working!!! Keep them coming. We are told a decision will come within 5 days.

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/22/12 09:53 PM

Delay was approved. He will be able to be home for the new baby's birth and a couple of weeks after that. Plan is for momma and babies to move back here for the time he is gone. I will love that, but would rather their family was together.

I am proud of my son-in-law for being the best at everything he does. He was hand selected for this mission.

Thank you for your prayers, please keep them up for all our military who serve us so well and sacrifice so much.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/22/12 09:58 PM

Wonderful news! I will continue praying for all our military and their families, and will say some prayers for a safe and joyous birth for the coming little one. smile

Having a military member in the family is definitely a point of pride but also presents unique and heart-rending challenges and a whole lot of worry. Be proud, wrap him up in prayer, and enjoy the kiddos and your daughter while they are there. All you can do. smile

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 06/22/12 10:02 PM

Wise words, Burnt.
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 07/04/12 08:41 PM

So glad they got the change in plans. I am so glad my SIL is in the AF. They are very pro-family and always work to see that dads are home for such events.

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 07/06/12 09:35 PM

For reasons unrelated to the family situation, my SIL's deployment to Iraq was CANCELLED.

No one should ever doubt the power of prayer. Thank you everyone.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 07/06/12 09:39 PM

Wonderful news, GL. Enjoy having him home! Hooray!
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 07/09/12 01:20 PM

Woo Hoo!!!

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 07/09/12 01:21 PM

Awesome! Glad to hear that

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 07/20/12 08:10 PM

Update: Baby girl born healthy on July 9. Momma, Daddy and big sister all together to share in welcoming her to the world. Thank you again for all the prayers. BOL is a wonderful group of people.

Re: Unexpected Deployment - 07/20/12 08:23 PM

Congrats! Loved all the pics on FB. Beautiful babies.