Dating Do or Don't?

Posted By: Anonymous

Dating Do or Don't? - 08/12/05 01:41 PM

I am trying the online dating scene. I was wondering whay you guys thought about it. I will be safe about it and make sure I talk to the guys a while and meet in public places.
Posted By: WildTurkey

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/12/05 02:03 PM

It worked for me. I met Mrs Turkey on line seven years ago, and we have been happily married for five years.

My tip - don't expect too much, and don't rush things - we e-mailed and talked for three months before we met face to face.
Posted By: Search_Me

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/12/05 02:14 PM

So.. it really works? I've heard such horror stories of people meeting and it turning dangerous.. so... I've shyed away from it...
Posted By: TXFacilitator

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/12/05 02:23 PM

My best man was doing the dating on-line thing for about 2 years. Met lots of girls and went on several dates, none of them really worked out to be long term. He was just about to give up on it when he meet this new girl about 4 months ago.

They emailed back and forth for about a month before ever meeting. Now the two are very happy and she is already considering moving to CO to be with him.
Posted By: JacF

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/12/05 02:26 PM

I met Mrs. Jac online as well. I agree that talking with someone and getting to know each other for a while before a face-to-face meeting produces better results.

Another tip I'd offer is to not go to dating/singles online services or chatrooms. Search out some websites that fall upon your particular interests/hobbies/beliefs that include active message boards and/or chat rooms, and get to know people that way.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/12/05 02:35 PM

Have any of you been watching the show "Hooking up" I think its on ABC, it follows people who are internet dating.
Posted By: Rainbow Girl

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/15/05 03:20 PM

I have met two wonderful people online. Friends of course but hey you can never have too many friends. I did run into (never met face to face) one crazy one. Just be careful and don't rush things.
Posted By: Carly Girl

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/15/05 07:02 PM

Just the mere thought of "Online Dating" sounds scary. Or maybe I'm just scared of the word "Dating". I've been single for three years now and simply focus on raising my children. Maybe after they are grown, I might consider it. They are my best friends. But I dont think I would ever go online to find someone. I would just leave it to fate. Hmmmm, maybe thats why Im still single.?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/15/05 07:10 PM

I think online dating can be great. Too many people just work and go home, so this gives them another venue to meet people. Of course, personal safety should be a priority, and I would be cautious of anyone who wants to avoid "public" meetings.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/15/05 07:16 PM

I dated quite a few females from Match.com, Americansingles.com, Yahoo Singles, etc. (I figured if I was out there, I should REALLY be out there covering all bases, lolol). And I thought it was great. The worst thing that can happen if you do it intelligently (and safely for a female), is make some more friends.
Posted By: Kansayaku

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 08/16/05 01:29 PM

What difference does it really make if you are dating online or in person. The main cause I have heard for not dating via internet is that you don't know if the person is being honest with you. My thought is that if a person is going to be honest with you, they will. (They can lie to you across the table just as easily as online, with the obvious exceptions of physical things.)

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 05:50 PM

JUST DO IT!
Posted By: AngelinaLM

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 06:06 PM

Ugh, I've been talking to a really nice guy that I "met" online about 3 months ago. We're both really busy to get together now, but go for it, good luck!!
Posted By: Roger That

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 08:52 PM

Quote:

Ugh, I've been talking to a really nice guy that I "met" online about 3 months ago. We're both really busy to get together now, but go for it, good luck!!

Angelina!!!!!!

It's ME!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 08:53 PM

Yeah

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 08:55 PM

okay, I lied.
I was grabbing at straws.

But it was only because I'm afraid of losing you.
Of losing "us".
Of losing what we have.
Afraid of los.....hey! You still have your clothes on. What gives?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:03 PM

You scared me because you almost meet his description.
Posted By: Mystified

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:04 PM

LOL Reg... You've done online dating before I see...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:05 PM

LOL

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:05 PM

No, no.

Just trying to be funny.

Relax, though...you ladies always have the last laugh.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:09 PM

I swear... if I ever hear, "So whatcha wearing" again I might toss my cookies on the keyboard!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:10 PM

Mystified, what are you wearing?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:10 PM

g'night, All....

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:16 PM

Excuse me... I need to go buy a new keyboard LOL

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:20 PM

But seriously, online dating can be very fun and entertaining. I actually met my last boyfriend of 3 years online. I can honstly say he is a great guy and I wish him the very best. But you do need to be careful. A lot of people (male and female) are looking for a quick score.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:29 PM

Quote:

But you do need to be careful. A lot of people (male and female) are looking for a quick score.

I totally agree with you..

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:36 PM

Not that thats all bad... wait did I say that out loud??? KIDDING!!!!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 09:58 PM

*****caughing (I am)****** ha, ha, ha, ha

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 10/21/05 10:11 PM

Hehe

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/02/05 08:25 PM

??too busy to meet...sounds fishy to me...you made sure he isn't married or living with someone or has a girlfriend....those internet things can be scary....

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/02/05 08:29 PM

Okay I checked the married thing and he's never been married. I flat out asked him if he was dating someone or living with someone and he said no. He's in the process of remodling a new house that he bought that is a wreck. He has to be out of the current house in a month. I can understand that he's busy. I'm busy too. School, work, moving etc, but I can make time. I invited him out to dinner Friday night. If he doesnt go, I'm done. Not to sound full of myelf but I'm cute and I'm a lot of fun and he's missing out!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/02/05 08:33 PM

good for you!!!!!
Posted By: tamarack

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 05:50 PM

I think the opposite.. when you sit at home typing away at your desk, a better part of you comes out. I believe youd be less inhibited to say the right thing, it takes away from the whole rejection part of dating. so a girl you've never met decides to never chat with you again. Not a problem, but when you meet a girl, she doesnt know you anymore than you know her. see the complications? I think I'm more myself when ever I happen to send an e-mail to someone rather when i go out on a date. I just get so shy, quite. Vince Vahn said it best:: I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested?:: Dating is so hard now a days, not that im saying cut it out of our lives all together, but mix it up.. do something new for a change. That's all I have to say about that!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 06:33 PM

I do agree with you on that point though. I have learned a lot about this guy, and he has a great personality. I'm torn, dont know what to do.....I'm all talk really because I do like the guy, I guess about as much as I can without meeting him, so I'm not going to call it quits. Now I'm rambling so I'm going to stop.
Posted By: confessional

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 07:37 PM

someone told me that you and I are alike.. Im not going to say who.. But this person says you and I have the same thought process.. Coming from experience this is a bad thing.. trust me I know.. been dealing with it for over a month now.. or just about.. eh.. not important.. but I do believe what you have to say.. online dating is pretty cool.. now once my confidence and pride are built back up to the levels they were, I think ill give it a shot again. unless someone sees me for who I can be instead of who I am. because you can find so many different types of people over the internet.. casual incounters.. strickly platonic.. dating.. even a soul mate, hard to believe.. but you can find that special someone who was ment to be in your life forever. you live to make this person happy, and making them happy makes you happy. (be alittle selfish for yourself) take some of the people on this very thread... most of done it.. and some with a positive outcome, it can happen, all you have to do is try and believe in the person your with.::moving on:: I believe the internet is the new bar scene.. and judging by all the threads posted on BOL.. it sounds as if im right... some of you bankers are as freaky as college students.. I know.. Ive read just afew threads.. AND YIKES by the way.. so in the words of tamarack listed above.. let me finish that quote my dear long lost friend left out..

Vince Vaughn...Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 08:50 PM

I have met some great guys over the internet, or seem to be. They could be or they couldn't be. You find that you can be yourself and free to say things that you might not otherwise say online. Makes for a fun way to get to know someone and stay in contact all the time,,,,but on the other hand they can make themselves be anyone. Just make sure you are careful especially since you haven't met him. You know we girls tend to get our emotions involved easily.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 09:45 PM

I met my husband online.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 10:11 PM

LOL did you guys wait more than 3 months to meet?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 10:15 PM

Maybe he just wants to get all his ducks in a row...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 10:15 PM

No can't say that I did. Tell him how you feel, that you have concerns since you can't meet. Ask him even if its a quick coffee if he would meet.
Posted By: Dip

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/03/05 10:20 PM

i met my last bf online--emailed and talked on the phone daily from january to may (he was in iraq when we first started emailing). we finally met in may and dated nearly a year and a half. we aen't together anymore, but i look back and enjoy all the times we had together. online dating can be cool--it's distance that sucks.
Posted By: slubgob

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:31 AM

A friend of mine met his wife online. She lived several states away, but they hit it off so well she moved here a couple of years ago and they got married.
Posted By: slick

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:33 AM

distance may suck, but if you two fit, then it is most definitely worth it. especially if there is the remote possibility that you can be closer one day. everyone says there are tons of people out there for you, well bull crap on that noise. there is one person out there for you and yes, you may have to travel distances to find them and be with them, but in opinion, it would be worth it for sure.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:38 AM

Quote:

distance may suck, but if you two fit, then it is most definitely worth it. especially if there is the remote possibility that you can be closer one day. everyone says there are tons of people out there for you, well bull crap on that noise. there is one person out there for you and yes, you may have to travel distances to find them and be with them, but in opinion, it would be worth it for sure.

Do you really believe there is only one true love for everyone?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 12:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Is that question just a question, or is it sarcasm?

Anyhoo, yea. I'd like think so. I mean sure you go through tons of wrong people you may think you love trying to find that one right one. But yes, I do think that.

Why, you got a problem with that?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 01:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyhoo, yea. I'd like think so. I mean sure you go through tons of wrong people you may think you love trying to find that one right one. But yes, I do think that.

No it is not sarcasm, but if it's true it is a b*tch if your one true love was hit by a bus when they were 10.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 01:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No it is not sarcasm, but if it's true it is a b*tch if your one true love was hit by a bus when they were 10.

Ha Ha you nut.
Ok lets put it this way, your one true is out there somewhere, but they are still alive. They did not get hit by a damn bus.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 01:51 PM

what if they became a nun?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 02:00 PM

Quote:

Well I guess that is your problem then. Evidently you think I am wrong about this whole thing. Which is fine, but think about it. If that person was hit by a bus or beacme a nun, then obviously they are not that one peron.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well I guess that is your problem then. Evidently you think I am wrong about this whole thing. Which is fine, but think about it. If that person was hit by a bus or beacme a nun, then obviously they are not that one peron.

Sorry, I was just being funny. I don't think you are wrong, but for real I just don't know.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I was just being funny. I don't think you are wrong, but for real I just don't know.

No worries, I know!
Posted By: Crazy

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:28 PM

Hello all...new to the group. Look forward to talking to you non anyn. Anything new happening today..
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:37 PM

hey

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:48 PM

STICK TRUE TO THE POSTING.. YOUR SAYING ONLINE DATING CAN WORK.. AND HAS WORKED.. PROVE TO THIS MAN AND WOMAN THAT WHOM EVER THEY MET OR WILL MEET HAVE THE QUALITIES THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, WHY ELSE START A CONVERSATION IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 03:48 PM

Hello Crazy. Welcome! Just our normal B.S.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 04:00 PM

:::i met my last bf online--emailed and talked on the phone daily from january to may (he was in iraq when we first started emailing). we finally met in may and dated nearly a year and a half. we aen't together anymore, but i look back and enjoy all the times we had together. online dating can be cool--it's distance that sucks.::::

Why look back? Why not look foward, the both of you seemed to have spoken for sometime, even while HE was in IRAQ. You must have made that Marine's day talking all the time, perhaps even fell in love along the way. What happened, why after a year and a half decide to drop the ball? Was he to far away? --you mention how the distance sucks. Anyone else think this makes any sense?
Posted By: Raiderette

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 04:21 PM

slubgob, you totally just made my day. Thanks for the laughs...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 05:20 PM

distance sucks, because i didnt see how he really was until he moved closer--gave up everythign he had to be with me. if we had been closer from the start, i woudl have noticed these things i didnt like before anyone got too invloved. yes, i did fall in love for the first time, btu i dont see a future for us--love wasnt enough for me to overcome what he couldnt satisfy in my life. a lot of heartache coul dhave been avoided if we/i hadnt been blinded by the distance. that's what i meant...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 05:44 PM

Quote:

slubgob, you totally just made my day. Thanks for the laughs...

Just glad I made someone happy!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 06:20 PM

So YOUR first love left the military to be with you, and you left him. Sounds fair,(sarcastic) what kind of person are you? Hasnt anyone ever told you love conquers all! Given this day and age Im sure it doesnt mean much, but he obvioulsy must have foreseen a glimmer of a future with you. Devotion and desire to be in your arms, day in and out. Enough to want to leave everything he had. (what a fool) Granted distance must have been a factor, but what you fell in love with rather it be minutes, time zones, hundreds of miles or even coutries away doesnt mean it could have saved you or he from heartache. If he was such the person he was, where he was, whos to say he couldnt be that same person now! I believe the world is full of quitters, people who turn their backs on the ones they love. Satisfy your life--WOMEN OF BOL WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SATISFY YOUR LIFE?-- what is it, and if your not satisfied, then by all means leave the person your with and try for the next "X" amount of months or years to find it. Sounds as if I'm going to make a new post.

p.s. Hope your kitten feels better

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 06:21 PM

So YOUR first love left the military to be with you, and you left him. Sounds fair,(sarcastic) what kind of person are you? Hasnt anyone ever told you love conquers all! Given this day and age Im sure it doesnt mean much, but he obvioulsy must have foreseen a glimmer of a future with you. Devotion and desire to be in your arms, day in and out. Enough to want to leave everything he had. (what a fool) Granted distance must have been a factor, but what you fell in love with rather it be minutes, time zones, hundreds of miles or even coutries away doesnt mean it could have saved you or he from heartache. If he was such the person he was, where he was, whos to say he couldnt be that same person now! I believe the world is full of quitters, people who turn their backs on the ones they love. Satisfy your life--WOMEN OF BOL WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SATISFY YOUR LIFE?-- what is it, and if your not satisfied, then by all means leave the person your with and try for the next "X" amount of months or years to find it. Sounds as if I'm going to make a new post.

p.s. Hope your kitten feels better

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 06:30 PM

Quote:

someone told me that you and I are alike.. Im not going to say who.. But this person says you and I have the same thought process.. Coming from experience this is a bad thing.. trust me I know.. been dealing with it for over a month now.. or just about.. eh.. not important.. but I do believe what you have to say.. online dating is pretty cool.. now once my confidence and pride are built back up to the levels they were, I think ill give it a shot again. unless someone sees me for who I can be instead of who I am. because you can find so many different types of people over the internet.. casual incounters.. strickly platonic.. dating.. even a soul mate, hard to believe.. but you can find that special someone who was ment to be in your life forever. you live to make this person happy, and making them happy makes you happy. (be alittle selfish for yourself) take some of the people on this very thread... most of done it.. and some with a positive outcome, it can happen, all you have to do is try and believe in the person your with.::moving on:: I believe the internet is the new bar scene.. and judging by all the threads posted on BOL.. it sounds as if im right... some of you bankers are as freaky as college students.. I know.. Ive read just afew threads.. AND YIKES by the way.. so in the words of tamarack listed above.. let me finish that quote my dear long lost friend left out..

Vince Vaughn...Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair.

thanks for finishing that up for me, old lost friend?? --stay lost!
Posted By: ZGuy20

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 06:55 PM

Hahaha, somebody's a creep and its not me lol
Posted By: Viking Princess

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 06:56 PM

Z you're not a creep! You're a cwwweep! as my nephew would say! hee hee - just kidding

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 06:59 PM

"I'm a creep.... what the hell am i doin here" -Radiohead, which is a band that sucks ass
Posted By: XODUS

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 07:23 PM

Z you are too young to know anything about Radiohead. They are a lot more than "Creep".

VP, how big is Stockton?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 07:26 PM

Quote:

Z you are too young to know anything about Radiohead. They are a lot more than "Creep".

VP, how big is Stockton?

Oh I know that... I just don't get them that's all... And I'm not too young to remember them..... I remember that song

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 07:33 PM

I am pleased to tell you Z, that if you wanted to drive to Texas gas is sub $2 now.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 07:47 PM

Quote:

I am pleased to tell you Z, that if you wanted to drive to Texas gas is sub $2 now.

LOL AWESOME!!! Is that for the cheap stuff? Cause I have to premium in it or it pings like a mother[censored]

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 07:51 PM

Well I have a question for you Z.....how do you know it pings? I'm guessing that you love your car. Have you actually tried it to see if it pings? I had an Acura Interga, may it rest in peace, that I only put premium in, I never tried out putting regular in it. Someone wanted the GSR engine in it pretty bad and stole it. I should have tried it though!

And how did the topic get changed?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 07:56 PM

Quote:

Well I have a question for you Z.....how do you know it pings? I'm guessing that you love your car. Have you actually tried it to see if it pings? I had an Acura Interga, may it rest in peace, that I only put premium in, I never tried out putting regular in it. Someone wanted the GSR engine in it pretty bad and stole it. I should have tried it though!

Yes. When I first bought it, the Z had hardly any gas in it, so I went to the nearest gas station and but 5 bucks in it, however they only had regular, not even 89 octane. For the next 5 miles or so it pinged like a son of a bitch. Therefore never again will I put anything less than 91 octane in the Z

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 08:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

that wasn't very nice (stay lost?) t--by the way, that was my ex who wrote that.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 08:39 PM

the premium is $2.19

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/04/05 08:50 PM

Quote:

the premium is $2.19

Oh God that sounds like Heaven

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/05/05 04:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

the premium is $2.19

Oh God that sounds like Heaven

yea z come to TX
Posted By: ThePaul

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/05/05 04:36 PM

Well in north dallas where I am its the 87 thats 2.19 and the premium is 2.39

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 07:21 PM

Guess who didnt show up for dinner on Friday night...hmmm...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 07:24 PM

eek, did you have a date flake out on you?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 07:26 PM

It's funny that you use the word flake, because I told him that he was a flake He is a cop, like the last guy I dated so I told him that I think the art of flaking is a class that they teach all cops in post academy.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 07:27 PM

He didn't show up. Are you serious? Did he just not show or did he at least call?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 07:29 PM

I called him to give him the details. I also warned him that my friend would be celebrating her divorce, not a good celebration there are 2 little kids involved and I didnt really agree with the party, so I have to admit that I gave him the night off. I didnt even want to go. We had plans for later that night though and they fell through. Oh well, on to better things.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 07:34 PM

ohhhh ok well thats better at least, would hate for them to have just not shown up and left you at the restaurant alone

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 07:47 PM

Yeah that wouldnt have been so good. I would have hunted him down and punched him.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 08:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that wasn't very nice (stay lost?) t--by the way, that was my ex who wrote that.

haha-- that wasn't very nice, oh my gosh. Hey I'm sorry, it was funny. and what do you care, you broke up with the marine, hes already bit the dust and is six feet under! consider that comment the last nail in the coffin! haha.. its to bad I didn't get to read any of this last week before I left. great weekend by the way, how was yours? ::Getting off track, but tell me about it:: You know this guy still thinks about you-- you can read it with every word he writes, has he told his feelings since the break-up? If he hasn't, I think if you look here there spelled out clear as day, for you and the world to see. He believes in something, like I said before "Devotion and desire to be in your arms, day in and out. He obviously must have foreseen a glimmer of a future with you". Our country has been built on war posters of soldiers and sailors coming home to the women who made their journey into hell a far greater one with a memory of them by their side. A picture in a breast pocket, a love letter, memories of wrestling in the grass, time spent together. Maybe Im a romantic who believes in the past, I think this guy was happiest with you. (I find this hard to believe considering) Well its lunch, and Im going to lay on the ground with the grass beneath my feet.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 08:30 PM

Quote:

haha-- that wasn't very nice, oh my gosh. Hey I'm sorry, it was funny. and what do you care, you broke up with the marine, hes already bit the dust and is six feet under! consider that comment the last nail in the coffin! haha.. its to bad I didn't get to read any of this last week before I left. great weekend by the way, how was yours? ::Getting off track, but tell me about it:: You know this guy still thinks about you-- you can read it with every word he writes, has he told his feelings since the break-up? If he hasn't, I think if you look here there spelled out clear as day, for you and the world to see. He believes in something, like I said before "Devotion and desire to be in your arms, day in and out. He obviously must have foreseen a glimmer of a future with you". Our country has been built on war posters of soldiers and sailors coming home to the women who made their journey into hell a far greater one with a memory of them by their side. A picture in a breast pocket, a love letter, memories of wrestling in the grass, time spent together. Maybe Im a romantic who believes in the past, I think this guy was happiest with you. (I find this hard to believe considering) Well its lunch, and Im going to lay on the ground with the grass beneath my feet.

no, he has told me plenty how he feels since we broke up. we still talk--maybe some day we can have the same friendship we had whiel we were together. i just cant BE with him now--long story and lots of thoughts and emotions involved. anyway--weekend was good. saw the gulls game--good game even though they lost. did you make it down to mexico? oh yeah...and you are a romantic--you'll make the right girl so happy...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 10:46 PM

Hey Ang sorry to hear about the date....i was hoping that it would work for you....STAY away from COPS they are all trouble.

Did he reschedule?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/08/05 11:01 PM

I know, I know they are trouble.

No plans. Not interested.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/09/05 07:25 PM

Its good to hear he shares his feelings with you, (not like its doing him any good--haha--) its not often to have a male express how much he cares for someone. Your very lucky to have had such a special person by your side. So why do you keep him around? How do you have the same friendship as when you were together, that's like having your cake and eating it to isn't it? The next question would be, do you believe in friendships after breakups? seems more like a fairy tale, or myth to me. I've never heard of a girl being able to keep a guy as a friend she was intimate with, not unless he was just a booty call after the relationship. (which any guy would be lucky to fill the position--personal gratification right?!) I guess like you said "long story and lots of thoughts and emotions involved" Moving away from relationships. Yep went to Mexico, not the greatest of weather --cold nights-- but it was a good time with great friends. Sleeping in the beds of trucks, starting each day strong with some tasty waves, a cool buzz and a fire to stay warm! Your weekend didn't sound to bad, going to a gulls game sounds like fun. Its a shame they lost, home opener to, that's sad. So was the game the highlight of your weekend, I'm guessing you didn't go to the party with your trainer. What do you do with your free time, you ever come up to Carlsbad, watch movies (relax), head downtown (party girl!) Fires on the beach (romantic), hang out with friends/new friends (social), visit museums/theme parks?(educated/thrill seeker)

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 04:48 PM

I am angry at myself for letting life get here. I should not have loved you so much that I could never say no. I should have not married you so soon, I should have bought all the things I wanted before we married. Most of all I hate that I am saying these things to a million nobody's in Internet land instead of you. I would, really I would have but we all know what happens when you drink, and you drink a lot these days. Most of all I can't believe I could be so stupid as to find myself here again. What did I cosmically do wrong? what did I do to [censored] off God in a past life to deserve this?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 05:01 PM

Quote:

I am angry at myself for letting life get here. I should not have loved you so much that I could never say no. I should have not married you so soon, I should have bought all the things I wanted before we married. Most of all I hate that I am saying these things to a million nobody's in Internet land instead of you. I would, really I would have but we all know what happens when you drink, and you drink a lot these days. Most of all I can't believe I could be so stupid as to find myself here again. What did I cosmically do wrong? what did I do to [censored] off God in a past life to deserve this?

Wow, you gonna be okay?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 05:20 PM

Did I miss something???

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 05:40 PM

I am confused.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 05:50 PM

Here's a tip for both sexes. When your partner is giving you oral sex, do not release flatulence while they are in that region...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 06:44 PM

Quote:

I am confused.

about what Slick?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 06:51 PM

Quote:

Here's a tip for both sexes. When your partner is giving you oral sex, do not release flatulence while they are in that region...

Ever see the movie Mall Rats? Probably not, you're too young, HA

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 07:19 PM

Quote:

is this from experience? sick!!!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 07:22 PM

It has happened to me, I got mad and she said sorry but it was too late. What was worse is that it was quite so I didn't know until the smell.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 07:35 PM

eeeewwwwyyy!!!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 07:52 PM

Quote:

Hey Search. I am confused about this. Where is it coming from? Who is it for? I could have just missed something.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 08:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Search. I am confused about this. Where is it coming from? Who is it for? I could have just missed something.

Hey Slick. I'm not sure... seems this person is regrettin some things in their life... I hope that they will be okay...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 08:38 PM

Hope so too.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 09:44 PM

YUMMY SEARCH!!!!!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 09:45 PM

So what's the rule on kissing on a first date? Is that a do or don't? And perhaps more importantly how can you tell if you are given the green light?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 09:47 PM

Quote:

So what's the rule on kissing on a first date? Is that a do or don't? And perhaps more importantly how can you tell if you are given the green light?

LOL, a slap in the face... clearly a sign of a red light... LOL...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 09:47 PM

Quote:

YUMMY SEARCH!!!!!

I know.. but because of him... my computer got some viruses and now it has to be sent to IT and reprogramed and all that good stuff...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 09:55 PM

I ran into him here in town. He was at a local organic store, and was buying cheese. I didnt say anything to him but he looked at me and I checked him out. HOT!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 09:59 PM

And you didn't say anything.....

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 10:00 PM

No, but when I saw Bruce Willis I drank with him. I even know where he lives!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 10:04 PM

I'd rather have drank with Val... oh wait.. did I just say that... I don't even drink.. LOL... Well, there's a first time for everything...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 10:43 PM

Bruce is so way hotter, in person. I know Val lives in town but I'm not sure where. I visited Bruce's house in Sun Valley with EE. I also met the guards at Demi's house, they are play station buddies, and when he'd work at night they would hang out in the guard shack and play video games.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 10:57 PM

I must say that Val looks raggid now, Top Gun volleyball scene is the BEST!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/15/05 11:04 PM

Like I said.. he has sexy LIPS....
Posted By: file queen

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 12:38 AM

Quote:

My rule is to always kiss on the first date-do you really want to invest in a second date if they are a bad kisser?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 05:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My rule is to always kiss on the first date-do you really want to invest in a second date if they are a bad kisser?

Hmm, ALWAYS kiss on the fist date? What if the date was going bad.. you still kiss .. LOL.. just teasin ya.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 01:40 PM

If the date is going good, you should kiss for sure. You can tell alot from a kiss.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 04:18 PM

Quote:

If the date is going good, you should kiss for sure. You can tell alot from a kiss.

i second that!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 05:11 PM

I love that show Sex and the City. Did anyone see the episode where Charlotte was dating the bad kisser? I hope someone has seen it. He guy was licking her whole face and when she said that he sucked, he was offended because kissing was his thing.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 05:41 PM

Quote:

I love that show Sex and the City. Did anyone see the episode where Charlotte was dating the bad kisser? I hope someone has seen it. He guy was licking her whole face and when she said that he sucked, he was offended because kissing was his thing.

ROFL... eww... LOL... too funny.. I just got this mental image in my head... go away... go away... too funny... LOL..

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 06:47 PM

I saw that one-and I think we have all dated that guy! Isn't it funny how everyone thinks they are a good kisser, but they aren't always?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 07:17 PM

Search Me.
How can you always be in such a good mood? you make me laugh because you laugh so much. LOL Thank you so much for making my day so much easier when I read your posts. It makes me laugh, by god. LOL I wish I could always be happy and laughing.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 09:35 PM

Quote:

Search Me.
How can you always be in such a good mood? you make me laugh because you laugh so much. LOL Thank you so much for making my day so much easier when I read your posts. It makes me laugh, by god. LOL I wish I could always be happy and laughing.

Why, Thank you.... I think ... LOL.. I'm gonna take this as a compliment.. if it's not.. let me know so I don't look foolish. Come to Texas.. and we can laugh together and be happy.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 10:30 PM

So how do women tell if a guy is a good kisser?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 10:37 PM

Quote:

The only way to tell for sure would be to kiss them. If you are looking for what makes a good kisser- the answer would be different for every woman you ask.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/16/05 11:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The only way to tell for sure would be to kiss them. If you are looking for what makes a good kisser- the answer would be different for every woman you ask.

Very well stated... Not all women like the same style of kiss...and I'm sure men are the same way.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 12:15 AM

Okay. I know this is a weird question, but how do you kiss a person? What do you do?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 12:39 PM

"A kiss is just a kiss."
Oh, I beg to differ.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 02:03 PM

open your mouth put your tongue in, and follow the other persons tongue or let yours lead the way....and are you asking to be funny or because you don't know how or.....what
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 06:33 PM

foreplay is for quakers
Posted By: 02bonne

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 06:47 PM

Quote:

foreplay is for quakers

hahaha, I agree!

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

foreplay is for quakers

hahaha, I agree!

Not everyone has the same definition of foreplay... so how can you say that...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 07:07 PM

Quote:

foreplay is for quakers

Such a guy thing to say!
Posted By: Hated By Some

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 07:10 PM

it was a joke. i thought it was hilarious. i have a whole list of stuff that i say is for quakers. basically anything that seems really conservative.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 07:54 PM

Quote:

it was a joke. i thought it was hilarious. i have a whole list of stuff that i say is for quakers. basically anything that seems really conservative.

Relax Ron...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 08:50 PM

Foreplay is conservative? Maybe if it's "Brace yourself"...
Posted By: 02bonne

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 08:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

foreplay is for quakers

hahaha, I agree!

There is a differing opinion among women....among men it means exactly the same thing.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 09:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

foreplay is for quakers

hahaha, I agree!

There is a differing opinion among women....among men it means exactly the same thing.

You'd be surprised... LOL..

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 09:06 PM

Quote:

Foreplay is conservative? Maybe if it's "Brace yourself"...

Ya mean there is more?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:08 PM

Quote:

Hate to break it to you kids, but I dont think its going to be a Merry Christmas this year...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hate to break it to you kids, but I dont think its going to be a Merry Christmas this year...

I could have told you that

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:39 PM

nice picture, what television show is that from? I see all this old pictures popping up.. Dr. Who, Chris Farley, Magnum P.I. (Tom Selleck)-- I thought maybe your picture might be from Threes Company. Rest in peace John Ritter..

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:46 PM

Quote:

nice picture, what television show is that from? I see all this old pictures popping up.. Dr. Who, Chris Farley, Magnum P.I. (Tom Selleck)-- I thought maybe your picture might be from Threes Company. Rest in piece John Ritter..

Who in the hell are you talking to?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

nice picture, what television show is that from? I see all this old pictures popping up.. Dr. Who, Chris Farley, Magnum P.I. (Tom Selleck)-- I thought maybe your picture might be from Threes Company. Rest in piece John Ritter..

Who in the hell are you talking to you?

Am I missin something?
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:49 PM

me too?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:50 PM

clearly??

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I missin something?

I don't know what picture they are talking about. I was just asking. But I also had a bit of a typo.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:51 PM

I fixed it.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I missin something?

I don't know what picture they are talking about. I was just asking. But I also had a bit of a typo.

You're crackin me up today Slick... Truth is, I never saw the typo until you just pointed it out...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:52 PM

I am trying. just one of those moods.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 10:56 PM

I am just curious if Tamarack means I look like I walked off the three's company set or what. Is tamarack even talking to me? I just dont know?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 11:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I missin something?

No, but I think tamarack is. A lot of her posts are confusing.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 11:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I missin something?

Tamarack is female.. oh.. I thought this individual was male.. now I'm confused... LOL

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 11:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I missin something?

Tamarack is female.. oh.. I thought this individual was male.. now I'm confused... LOL

So did I.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 11:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I missin something?

So did I.

You're right, my bad.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 11:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Am I missin something?

So did I.

You're right, my bad.

No worries anon, Had me worried there for a minute.. that I was losin my memory at such a young age...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 11:13 PM

Sorry that I add to the confusion. I'll go home now.

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/17/05 11:18 PM

Quote:

Sorry that I add to the confusion. I'll go home now.

you don't have to go home...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/18/05 03:55 PM

[quote}
Tamarack is female..

Hold up- in that drunk post Tamarack says he's a guy. So which is it Tamarack????

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/18/05 04:01 PM

Quote:

[quote}
Tamarack is female..

Hold up- in that drunk post Tamarack says he's a guy. So which is it Tamarack????

He is male.. if you will read what Anon posted.. he took back the mistake he made... so everyone is on the right page.. tamarack is male and anon just got confused...

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/18/05 05:32 PM

Just thought I would share this with you...
asflkjw9 1384 laksfdl,amsf2 4a;sc8v8943l + lkasdfm1288 ,laasdfa08b = 1

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/18/05 05:48 PM

Hey Dipitous,
Long time no discussion, what gives? Ive been looking foward to replying back and forth with you in the dating do's and don'ts thread. Maybe if I e-mailed you, I might get a responce back this time. So how have you been, the weather has been great these past few days hasnt it? It is Friday, another goodthing, and even better because "Walk The Line" comes out in theaters today! I've been wanting to see this film for sometime, should be an amazing film! I hope you enjoy your weekend, with what ever it is you do (Go check it out!--the movie). Before I go I hate to re-open old wounds but something happend last night that had me thinking about your current OR past situation. The whole ex-boyfriend thing, I bumped into my ex last night and everything bad and good opened back up. She really did a number on me, seeing her again didnt help much. I was thinking of your guy,(poor bastard) and wondered what you might be putting him through... and I asked the question Why Are Ex's Friends? Read back to one of my last posts to you (Dating Do or Don't?) and answer those questions for me won't you. Not much else to talk about other than those seven people who just won over 20 million dollars!--the California Mega Millions. Can't win unless you play right?

Re: Dating Do or Don't? - 11/18/05 06:55 PM

sorry kid, but i've been mega-busy. the wetaher is awesome though--i work a block from the beach in la jolla, and it is crystal clear and warm out! i promise, i'll get back to all your important questions later! and yeah, when i have time, i REALLY want to see the johnny cash movie!