So Depressed...

Posted By: Clown Boy

So Depressed... - 12/06/05 05:03 PM

It's the holiday season and everyone is supposed to be so happy, but my just life seems to be getting worse. It started when I got a notice of eviction. Then the clutch in my truck blew out. Then I over-drew my account to pay for the parts to fix it. (Which really irks my bosses) And now a close friend of mine is in ICU and probably won’t even make it long enough for me to visit him after work. On top of all this I still have no idea where I'm gonna come up with the money for Christmas... How manly would it be if I were to curl up into a little ball and cry until New Years?
Posted By: Raiderette

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 05:20 PM

Don't worry. I still luv ya (as friends you know). It has to rain before you see the rainbow.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 05:27 PM

Yes, but if the rain doesn't stop, you end up drowning...
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 05:30 PM

As Raiderette said, you can only go so far down, before you have to start looking up.

You have friends here to support you.
Posted By: slick

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 05:40 PM

Guy, I am sorry. Things suck right now, so I feel your pain. I am currnetly looking for a nice dark hole to crawl into til spring.
Posted By: 02bonne

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 05:53 PM

If you have a job, why aren't you able to afford rent?

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:02 PM

Quote:

If you have a job, why aren't you able to afford rent?

It's complicated...
The house was my mother's and then it was forclosed on because she became disabled and couldn't work to pay for it. Then I was trying to change it over to my name and moved into the house to take care of my mom and long story short, things didn't work out and I get to move again.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:04 PM

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Look on the bright side...you have a job and won't be going hungry! That's more than a lot of people can say.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:12 PM

Have you tried contacting legal aide? With the disability and everything else, maybe there's a way to stall this and give you some time to either make things work or find someplace else to live.

Also, have tried talking to HR or a friendly boss to see if there's anything the bank can do by way of a loan to cover your od's? If talking to them is not your cup of tea, do you have an Employee Assistance Program or something similar? The one at our fi is totally confidential and they can link you up with all different kinds of help. The help is out there. Don't be afraid or ashamed to ask for it. We've all been there at some time or another.

Good luck!

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:20 PM

I'm surprised that the bank isn't working with you. If they haven't sold it yet, usually they're foaming at the mouth to get a property out of REO. Tell them you'll assume the mortgage and pay lawyer fees to get it out of hoc.
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:24 PM

I agree with Truffle Royale. You may need to look for help in places you wouldn't normally look to get through this rough spot.

As far as Christmas presents go......who gives a poo if you have things to give this year! I hope that the people in your life will b understanding enough that you don't have to feel bad. Try and make this a creative Christmas where you do small favors for people instead of "gifts".

Hope you feel better soon (Hugggggggggggs)
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:31 PM

Do the best you can do, Guy, and don't worry about the rest. Try to think about what you CAN do and the positives in your life. We are all blessed who have a job, food to eat and shelter.
You can always give certificates for Christmas - "This is good for one trip to the movies redeemed during 2006" or something else that person would like or maybe needs to have done. Homemade gifts are okay too. We'll be making a number of cakes for Christmas presents this year. Everyone has unexpected company and could use the extra food.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:39 PM

Thanks for all the support... I'm actually feeling quite a bit better. As far as the house goes, it's already over and done with. There is really no reason to keep it, I was planning on moving (to a different state) before everything happened with my mom and the house. and so now I'm following my plan and will be moving Mid-March. The only problem is where to live from now to then...
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:46 PM

I am sure that a friend could put you up for a couple of months. Have you asked anyone? Any other relatives in the area?

Hang in there, things will improve.
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 06:46 PM

Just keep plugging away, one day at a time. March will be here before you know it, you'll be moved and getting lost in a new city
Posted By: deppfan

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 08:18 PM

Well...if you are standing right behind me, come on over after work and we will put you on the couch.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 08:23 PM

Quote:

Well...if you are standing right behind me, come on over after work and we will put you on the couch.

lol... the first time a co-worker of mine read that, I was actually standing behind her. It was pretty funny.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 08:45 PM

That is funny... I just looked over my shoulder...
Posted By: file queen

Re: So Depressed... - 12/06/05 09:50 PM

My motto is "It could always be worse...", and then I think up something really bizarre, like "...I could have hair growing out off all my moles", or "...I could have been kidnapped by Hari Krishna's and forced to wear orange all day."
It usually makes me feel better!
Posted By: *nUnZeO*

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 02:11 PM

Quote:

Guy, I am sorry. Things suck right now, so I feel your pain. I am currnetly looking for a nice dark hole to crawl into til spring.

yea me too, this is going to be my first christmas out on my own and it sux not b/c of the presents b/c i don't feel the same way this year its weird
Posted By: someone else

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 03:51 PM

So Guybrush - are you feeling better today?

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 04:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

yea me too, this is going to be my first christmas out on my own and it sux not b/c of the presents b/c i don't feel the same way this year its weird

its like the "magic" of it is gone. I mean i have a christmas tree and i put a few little decorations up but i feel as though somethings missing but i can't put my finger on it.....hmmm

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 04:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

its like the "magic" of it is gone. I mean i have a christmas tree and i put a few little decorations up but i feel as though somethings missing but i can't put my finger on it.....hmmm

I know exactly what is missing for me, but I am not even going to go there with this crowd. I am the biggest Scrooge ever this year and that is horrible.
But I hope things get better for you Nunz, I really do.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 04:40 PM

thanx slick, we can be scrooges together!

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 04:44 PM

Don't be scrooges. Turn on the TV to ABC family in the evenings and watch cheesy Christmas movies, they're great. Go out and look at lights, find friends to go caroling with and then have hot cocoa w/butterscotch schnapps and watch an old movie or have a tree decorating party. C'mon guys, you are too young and beautiful to be down this time of year.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 05:27 PM

Christmas songs and movies just about make me ill. Just joking, but not really. And if someone tried to actually get me to go caroling, well that would just be a joke. But thanks Deppfan, maybe next year. This has just been a hard year and the sooner 2006 gets here the better. But I do hope everyone else out there has a good holiday.
Posted By: Roger That

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 07:36 PM

I always try (TRY) to remember..there are some people who would LOVE to be me, and you, for that matter.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 09:32 PM

What's wrong with your friend?
Posted By: file queen

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 09:54 PM

I think you're being a very good friend by standing vigil over him, and by believing the best could happen. Stay strong, and don't let their negative thinking get to you!
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 10:49 PM

Better yet, go out to a homeless shelter or someplace that allows low-income kids come and get gifts for their families. Adopt a family, make treats and take to a shut in. There are many, many people that are far worse off than you are and would love some of your time. You would be surprised how much better you will feel when they smile and say thanks. It takes so little to make them happy.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 11:27 PM

Quote:

What's wrong with your friend?

serosous (sp?) of the liver... He did a lot of drinking for a while thinking it wouldn't hurt him, (it was already too late when he found out) and now his liver and kidneys are shot... His parents requested that all the tubes be removed about two and a half hours ago. Now all he's going on is on oxygen mask and morphine to keep the pain down. But he's still alive, and I still haven't given up on him...

Expect the worst but hope for the best.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 11:34 PM

Cirrhosis of the liver? Really? How old is he? Usually, that is an affliction that takes many years to develop. I assume he was an alcoholic?

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 11:42 PM

26 years old.... He had a heart attack earlier this year, that's when he found out. He went through a devorce and lost custody of his daughter and did a lot of drinking after that... Before he had the heart attack, he had cleaned up and started working to get partial custody of his daughter. I feel so bad because he's been trying so hard and now things aren't looking so good...

Re: So Depressed... - 12/07/05 11:53 PM

Wait, let me see if I can get this straight. He is 26 years old. He was drinking (apparently quite heavily, and, assumably, for some extended period of time) then had a heart attack. At that time, the doctors realized his liver condition and he has since been deteriorating?

Jeez, a heart attack and cirrhosis of the liver at 26. He must have been drinking by the quarts! Was there some other pre-existing medical condition? This just doesn't seem right.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/08/05 12:02 AM

Quote:

Wait, let me see if I can get this straight. He is 26 years old. He was drinking (apparently quite heavily, and, assumably, for some extended period of time) then had a heart attack. At that time, the doctors realized his liver condition and he has since been deteriorating?

That pretty much covers it... He was an alcoholic, which had a lot to do with the custody, and after he lost his daughter he fell into the bottle compleatly. There were also drugs involved, and then one day his current girlfriend helped him start cleaning up. When he went to court for a new costody trial, he hadn't touched alcohol or drugs for well over 6 months, had found a job, and was looking for a nice house for him and his girlfriend.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: So Depressed... - 12/08/05 05:05 PM

Guybrush,

How is your friend doing? And you?

Re: So Depressed... - 12/08/05 05:10 PM

He still hasn't given up on life... The doctors didn't expect him to make it through the night, but he's still going strong.

I'm doing alright too... just trying not to let it get me too down.
Posted By: Nanwa

Re: So Depressed... - 12/08/05 06:01 PM

Guy, I wish I had the magic words to make it all right, but I don't. It doesn't seem fair, with him cleaning up his act and all. But life isn't fair. We just have to take the good when we can find it. You and he are in my prayers.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/09/05 08:08 PM

Guy, how is he doing today? Any good news for him? I hope he stays strong, and you too.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/13/05 04:11 PM

So Guybrush - any word on your friend? I hope your recent silence is not indicative of a turn for the worse. Let us know and remember that you are in our thoughts.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/13/05 06:28 PM

Well on the outside he is looking a lot better... He is able to talk and eat on his own...
But his internal bleeding has gotten very bad, and his liver has been swelling. He still doesn't have a good chance of making it (about 7%) but it's the time of miracles and I'm not giving up...

Re: So Depressed... - 12/14/05 02:03 PM

guy keep holding on and keep praying, and i will too

Re: So Depressed... - 12/14/05 04:49 PM

It was so great. last night Aaron was able to stand up (almost compleatly by himself). We sat there and joked around for a few hours... The Doc's moved him out of ICU and into recovery. They're basicly saying that every day he makes it, his chances at a full recovery increase. No one has told him yet how his family gave up on him the first few nights for fear it will lower his spirits, but I'm sure when he gets out they're gonna need to have a long talk.
Posted By: Okie Dokie

Re: So Depressed... - 12/14/05 06:15 PM

Glad to hear things are going so much better, Guy! I will continue to pray for you and your friend.

Re: So Depressed... - 12/14/05 06:46 PM

Keep the faith!
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: So Depressed... - 12/14/05 07:12 PM

That's great, I hope he keeps getting better. A little "Christmas Miracle"????