Deposits with Cash Back

Posted By: Tabbetha, CRCM

Deposits with Cash Back - 08/30/16 04:02 PM

I understand there are many different situations for deposits with cash back and this topic refers to personal accounts. I also know that having a customer sign the deposit ticket is to show who the teller actually gave the cash to. However, the branches feel this is old school and not necessary in today's banking environment. Can you tell me 1) if your bank still requires a customer to sign the front of a deposit ticket for cash back, and 2) is there something in a regulation or state law that requires it?
Posted By: ItNeverEnds CRCM

Re: Deposits with Cash Back - 08/30/16 04:10 PM

Anytime a customer receives cash, they should sign for it. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't? How do you ever show that cash back was received? Also, it's for the teller's protection. Say someone disputes the transaction, without a signature how do you know the customer got it? If I put myself in your tellers shoes, I would want that verification. If I put myself in a fraudster-teller shoes, I'd want to work for your bank.
Posted By: RockChucker, CAMS

Re: Deposits with Cash Back - 08/30/16 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By Tabbetha, CRCM
However, the branches feel this is old school and not necessary in today's banking environment.

Good for them, now tell them to get back to work and keep getting customers signatures.