FCRA disclosure needed?

Posted By: Curious Banker

FCRA disclosure needed? - 11/20/09 03:48 PM

A LLC and a consumer apply jointly for a business purpose loan. We are allowed to pull a credit report on the consumer under FCRA and do so. Now we deny based on the credit of the consumer. Should the consumer receive the denial letter with the FCRA disclosure? Or, does this not apply as it is a business purpose loan? The banker's tool does not address this senario and I am unsure. Thank you in advance!
Posted By: lnasst

Re: FCRA disclosure needed? - 11/20/09 08:13 PM

You are referring to the Consumer Credit Score Disclosure, correct? Because they are only required on Consumer purpose loans that are secured by 1-4 family.
Posted By: NotALawyer

Re: FCRA disclosure needed? - 12/11/09 08:00 PM

The adverse action notice requirements under 603(k)(1) would indicate that an adverse action notice would be required for the consumer.
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: FCRA disclosure needed? - 12/11/09 10:51 PM

The FCRA adverse action notice is required to be provided to a consumer anytime a consumer's request for credit has been denied. It does not matter if the loan purpose is for consumer or business.

For purposes of the FCRA adverse action notice, "consumer" means a natural person. So the natural person receives the FCRA disclosure. The LLC is not a natural person, so the LLC does not receive the FCRA adverse action notice.
Posted By: CRC

Re: FCRA disclosure needed? - 12/17/09 09:04 PM

You may have to send a Reg. B business AAN too, based on revenue.
Posted By: donna.raisor

Re: FCRA disclosure needed? - 01/27/10 01:59 PM

I would like to ask a question, if I may?

If I am doing a construction loan (customer owns the land) he is going to build a pole barn but it will also be his residence, shouldn't he get the Consumer Credit Score Disclsoure (notice to Home Loan Applicant)?
Posted By: David Dickinson

Re: FCRA disclosure needed? - 01/28/10 03:19 PM

If it's his residence, then yes.

I have to ask: A pole barn will be his residence? A pole barn doesn't have any walls - just poles holding up the roof. Really?
Posted By: Oursisnottoreasonwhy

Re: FCRA disclosure needed? - 02/01/10 08:15 PM

Generally pole barns have 6X6 poles sunk into the ground, when using them for a residence a concrete slab is then poured and the home is finished similar to timber frame or post and beam construction. Supposedly less lumber costs than conventional stick built homes.

Here's a link to check out a pole barn home.
http://blitzbuilders.com/structures/homes.php
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: FCRA disclosure needed? - 02/01/10 09:13 PM

This brings back thoughts of the "Houseboat" discussion years ago!! smile