AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral

Posted By: msgwater

AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral - 04/30/12 05:51 PM

Applicant applied for a Reg. U purpose loan. Bank pulled a credit report. The request is being denied soley due to insufficient collateral. Since the application is not being denied based on any information in the credit report, do you need to disclose that a credit report was pulled and/or include the credit score disclosure under FCRA?
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral - 04/30/12 05:55 PM

No.
Posted By: msgwater

Re: AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral - 04/30/12 06:31 PM

Thank you for your quick response. I did not think we needed to. I found an article that indicated you should disclose just to be safe. The thought was not leave yourself open to the regulator's interpretation that one of the denial reasons was in part based on the credit report. In this case, since the only denial reason we are using is insufficient the collateral, I don't see how a regulator could make such an interpretation.
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral - 04/30/12 06:48 PM

Over disclosure is not optimal in these cases. You are telling them that the denial was related to thier credit report and granting the consumer specific rights, such as a free credit report, etc., which is not the case.
Posted By: Oursisnottoreasonwhy

Re: AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral - 04/30/12 07:15 PM

If the collateral is insufficient why did you pull credit?
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral - 04/30/12 07:18 PM

Can't speak for the OP, but we often pull credit before having a collateral valuation, as i would guess many if not most banks do. I'm guessing the reason is: why bother with a collateral valuation if your applicant has lousy credit.
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral - 04/30/12 07:39 PM

We follow the same approach as raitchjay.
Posted By: JubileeAnne97

Re: AAN - Denied due to insufficient collateral - 05/22/12 07:07 PM

If the credit score is above our banks approval threshhold, but it was declined due to judgement, which was determined by reviewing the credit report agency. Do we need to disclose the credit score on the AAN?