Pandemic Plan Ownership

Posted By: Jerseygirl

Pandemic Plan Ownership - 04/28/09 06:59 PM

Just wanted some feedback on who in your organizion is the lead person for Pandemic Planning. Seems natural to as it as its own section in a business continuity plan but which area takes the lead and manages the team?
Posted By: AuditorK

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 04/28/09 07:23 PM

Security department here.
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 04/29/09 12:42 AM

The last person standing? smile Seriously though, if your plan does not address who is charged with leading, along with a succession plan if that person/area is no longer available, you have a fundamental weakness in your plan.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 04/29/09 11:28 AM

SVP Strategic Planning, CEO & CFO (they are a team)
Posted By: renniks

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 04/30/09 02:45 PM

Joint Responsibility - Chief Operations Officer and Compliance Officer
Posted By: DerrickAuditor

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 04/30/09 11:31 PM

We have a business continuity team (key division managers along with Security, Info Security, and Audit).

Wind storm (September), ice storm (January), and piggy flu (April) - what's next?
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 05/22/09 02:22 PM

IT Officer and HR Officer.
Posted By: Bagweaver

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 05/22/09 02:56 PM

CEO with former CEO as back-up for media and major decisions.
Senior Ops for deposit operations and security, Senior Lender for lending areas, and IT for all electronic systems - they would handle the actual process of getting things up and running or keeping things running with team members working at their direction.
Posted By: Kahola

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 05/26/09 08:50 PM

Security Officer here too. This person is also is responsible for Branch Administration and IT
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 07/21/09 10:14 PM

Here at my bank, I am responsible for the Business Continuity Plan document which also includes our Pandemic Plan. I lead, but at some point, I make sure to get every department in the bank involved to some extent in the planning, training, testing, analysis, rewriting, retraining, retesting, etc. I wear several hats and my title/position is in flux right now, but basically I'm a one-person IT department, I lead Operations, and I dabble in a smattering of Security and Compliance issues.
Posted By: Jerseygirl

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 08/31/09 02:43 PM

Wanted to revisit this again - Currently the coordination of our pandemic plan resides with the Chief Info Security Officer and Chief Info Officer from IT. They have asked that we review this ownership as they feel it really belongs to HR. (The incident mgmt team includes representation from all major divisions of the Bank including HR) The pandemic plan is part of the BCP which is overseen by IT. Mgmt wanted me to reach out on what other banks do.
Who coordinates the pandemic effort at your bank? (and what size is your bank)
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 08/31/09 06:09 PM

$370Million and it's joint ownership between Compliance Officer, IT Officer and HR Officer.
Posted By: La. Lady

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 09/01/09 08:45 PM

Over 500 Million....and the Compliance Officer (me) and IT Officer are responsible....
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Pandemic Plan Ownership - 10/07/09 09:56 PM

IT Officer Coordinates and my bank is $80Million.