Disaster Recovery Software

Posted By: KariK

Disaster Recovery Software - 05/22/06 11:51 PM

I would like to know what software others are currently using. Any opinions on whether you like it, or would replace it if you could. My bank is about a 2 Billion dollar bank, and I have definitely outgrown Word. Do you use a software package, or a Web based product. I would appreciate any comments.
Posted By: Rie A

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 05/23/06 02:49 PM

We are currently using PlaNet and are very pleased with it. It is quite user friendly and I was able to plug in our current disaster recovery processes pretty quickly. They have alot of reports, checks and balances, free training and great support.

However, we are a rather small bank, only 8 branches, and I don't think we need an Internet based Disaster Recovery program, or the monthly fee that comes with it. We are currently looking into stand alone software that is not hosted through the internet.

So, I am curious to see what others are using.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 06/16/06 06:22 PM

MS Access works well and is very adaptable
Posted By: Dollar Bill

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 08/14/06 10:10 PM

I have used PLANet as well. I agree with the previous post. You can easily convert and import your current plan, employees, fixed assets, vendors, etc.
Posted By: Kelsey D

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 08/16/06 03:33 PM

I highly recommend PLANet as well. It's very easy to use and produces great reports. I'm not sure why, but the examiners seem to love paper!
Posted By: VMack

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 08/22/06 01:59 PM

You might want to take a look at what Brintech has to offer as well. We looked at their Business Continuity services and were pleased with their web-based application called bPLAN.
Posted By: bankingfool

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 09/13/06 07:30 PM

Can someone give me the website for the PLANet software? Thanks.

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 09/13/06 08:28 PM

Here it is:

PLANet

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 09/13/06 08:30 PM

http://www.strohlsystems.com/Software/PLANet/default.asp

Sorry, did that a little too fancy and gave you the link, but hid the address.
Posted By: bankingfool

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 09/13/06 08:37 PM

Thank you. Do you know what price range this software is in?
Posted By: Rubaiyat

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 09/14/06 03:30 PM

It's based on asset size. We are a $575M bank and it was going to cost us $600 per month. I'm not quite ready to pay that much just yet.
Posted By: RecoveringRegulator

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 10/03/06 08:33 PM

Silly question time - exactly what does DRS do?
Posted By: Mr. Bill

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 10/03/06 09:14 PM

Use this site to back up your DRP... Fast, inexpensive and meets GLBA requirements... www.csiesafe.com You can even us it to send secure email.

Re: Disaster Recovery Software - 10/04/06 01:52 PM

DRS : Disaster Recovery System

Usually, almost always, this is housed on a site somewhere like mentioned above, PLANet, TAMP systems or the like. But, this could be something you house on your own Intranet or desktop, if you were technically savvy enough AND had enough time and resources to put into it.